[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Almost vanilla" romhacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: Gefy3c3[1].jpg (23KB, 480x203px) Image search: [Google]
Gefy3c3[1].jpg
23KB, 480x203px
What are the most vanilla romhacks for the GB or GBA games, some that just make all the pokémon available, like Volt White & Blaze Black or Sacred Gold & Storm Silver?
>>
Fire Red
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285094
>>
tried to nuzlocke sacred gold about 3 times now and i keep getting wiped out at the rocket hideout in mahogany
>>
>>30846365
Is it that hard? I was thinking of installing it, but I'm not looking for a real challenge...
>>
>>30846380
it's very hard to nuzlocke but if you're playing through it casually then it can be manageable depending on the team you build

you get lots of gift pokemon along the way, like in each of the early towns you can get one of the starters from the other games, you can get all of the fossil pokemon in goldenrod, you can have an eevee and an evolution stone before falkner etc

also lots of pokemon got move/stat/typing changes so that can catch you off guard
>>
>>30846320
Damn, that looks pretty good
>>
>>30846417
I guess I'll get the clean version, then
>>
I heard there are patches to FRLG and Emetald that incorporate the P/S split and fairy type as well as other upgrades, any one know where I can find those?
>>
is there a hack for emerald that makes it possible to get the legendary dogs and all the "increase x stat at low hp" berries? seems weird you can't get those in the game with the battle frontier
>>
>>30846182
Fire Red Omega. Makes the game hard, the Gyms and E4 actually have strategie,and requires skill. And all 365 pokemon at the time are obtainable.
>>
>>30846648
>Foe Misty sent out Togekiss!
>>
>>30846670
really?
>>
>>30846320
Looks like it's on active development, last update was yesterday
>>
>>30846475
Type "Pokémon Theta Emerald" or "Nameless FireRed Project", their Pokecommunity Threads should be one of the first results for botch searchings. Download the .UPS, patch it with the application "NUPS" in a FireRed v1.0 USA/Emerald USA ROM depending on which you're going to play and that's it. Also, in the "If file is invalid" section just check "Ignore". For Theta Emerald the most up-to-date version is still in progress but kinda close to release from what I saw, you can check its creator's (LCCoolJ95) youtube channel.
>>
>>30847355
Nameless FireRed Project looks great
>>
bump?
>>
>>30848163
It seems to only work on VBA though, which kinda sucks.
Tried it on mGBA and got a black screen after the tutorial shit
Probably means it wouldn't work on a flashcart
>>
>>30850126
I hope it works on Android
>>
nameless firemen project had all Pokemon gens 1-6, gen 6 mechanics, hidden grottos, optional nuzlocke options that can be turned on and off any time while playing, difficulty options, gym leaders with competitive move sets, etc. it's a really fun, great hack that I highly suggest

to my knowledge, the hack is still actively being worked on and its creator intends on adding gen 7 Pokemon as well

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=366030
>>
>>30850126
Wait, this might just be my rom, I got a warning that there was another file and a save error.
I'll try again later with a clean rom.
(I don't remember playing earlier, but I guess I did.)
>>
>>30847355
Theta emerald says 650 Pokemon, anyway to check what's left out?
>>
>>30851278
some monsters, that's for sure
>>
>>30846648
So which 19 were skipped?
>>
That new pokemon sun and moon romhack that makes the game harder, nice challenge
>>
>>30850294
>>30846320
Damn, I'm torn between these two...
>>
>>30854726
Is that out already?
>>
>>30855497
This is the current one I think, it's not by drayano or the guy who did the other gen 6 hacks

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-pokemon-rising-sun-and-waning-moon.451600/
>>
>>30855788
How would you rate it compared to the gen 6 ones?
>>
>>30850294
Also Mega Evolution, a feature which nowadays is hard to see in a nice HackROM that's well elaborated.
>>
>>30851278
Essentially the 6th Gen. minus Sylveon. In LCCool's channel you have the Alpha of Theta Emerald EX though, buggy Mega Evolution but it has the 6th Gen.
>>
>>30846648
I would add that the starters in FR omega aren't the kanto starters. They're Magby, Electabuzz, and Jynx with updated stats. If you want an "authentic" experience, you're going to have to go back and alter the starters as well as the rival battles.
>>
Has anyone tried Rising Sun/Waning Moon?
>>
>>30854715
For some reason I remember it being 365 in gen 3. I don't remember why that number is significant in my memory. I meant all the gen 1-3 pokemon are obtainable.
>>
>>30856551
Can't you just use the universal randomizer to change them back? IIRC certain romhacks are compatible
>>
>>30856210

I bet it's Neo XY tier bad.
>>
>>30857039
Ill wait for Dray
>>
>>30858174

I'll wait for anyone else, cause I doubt a ROMhack of a video game, a mere month after said video games release can be good.
>>
>>30858174
The guy who made Star Sapphire is deep into working on his SM hack.

Star Sapphire is very well done, tight level curve and insanely optimized gym/E4 teams. But if that one is anything to go by then only people who are in for extreme challenges should try his SM hack, it's as hard as rom hacks can get.
>>
Is sacred gold more stable than storm silver?
I ran into several game breaking bugs when trying it, gave up the third time my screen went black without any way to fix it.
Never played the second gen and I was REALLY looking forward to it, seeing as it's so nice to look at too.
>>
>>30858975
I'm playing Sacred Gold right now and the only time I glitched was when I used that code that speeds everything up.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.