[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the current Pokemon cartoon any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (459KB, 1270x720px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
459KB, 1270x720px
>>
>two lanas
GEE BILL
>>
>>30845040
Why don't you just give it a try?
You know when you ask questions like these you'll just going to get two factions shitposting against each other.
>>
>>30845040
Yes. I am personally a sucker for SoL anime and the SM has been very comfy and relaxing to watch.
>>
I couldn't bare to watch mroe than 8 minutes of it. It's very much a kids saturday morning cartoon. It has no grand desires to be anything else and I'm not into that sort of stuff but video games are ok I guess.
>>
Depends on what you like. I find it quite nice to watch when I'm bored.
>>
File: alolan marowak.png (365KB, 691x960px) Image search: [Google]
alolan marowak.png
365KB, 691x960px
>>30845083

I watch for the shits and giggles and to have fun. Which what Pokemon is all about. That, and looking to see my new favorite make an appearance.
>>
>>30845158
Well ofc I watch to see the pokemon animated and react but SM is doing it pretty well. Before the show was SoL but it not so enjoyable it was at a crossroads not too serious but not too goofy either. Now with SM it's all goofy and hilarious apart from having mons in action and it feels a lot more enjoyable once you get used to the new art style(aka Ash) the rest looks fine. Also it feels more alive with all the faces and reactions.
>>
File: 1481555462110.jpg (88KB, 419x580px) Image search: [Google]
1481555462110.jpg
88KB, 419x580px
>>30845040
>Cartoon
>>
>>
>>30845092
>It has no grand desires to be anything else and I'm not into that sort of stuff but video games are ok I guess.
That's why I think this is a better direction for the anime. It's not pretending to be something it isn't
>>
>>30845040
No.
>>
>>30845040
Watch the Sophlceus centered episode. If you can't stand it, don't bother.
>>
>>30845276
XY and Z showed ambition but the fact it did not delivery made it arguably one of the worst series in my view,its like the batman vs supermanXmarvel movie debate,the marvel flicks are simple and enjoyable while the snider movie tried to be complicated and failed thus being boring and sad
>>
>>30845040
Yes,it's been better this far than XY was so if you did not like that try this one,its a lot more fun
>>
>>30845317
That's so true it actually hurts.
>>
>>30845040
It's a big downgrade from the previous seasons.
Speedlines, almost no Pokemon battles so far, average animation (which supposedly was one of its high points) and ugly art style. And this only in the visual department.
I guess you can watch it if you don't have nothing better to do.
>>
>>30845040
Remove the only good thing from the Pokemon anime (battles) and you have this season.
It's not even a good SoL.
>>
>>30845040
>Want to watch an idiot dick around in school where every character wants to suck his dick for no reason and Pokemon are just there in the background
Then yes, it's very good.

>Want to watch a world of Pokemon, with new places to explore and focus on the Pokemon, with a strong trainer who wants to be the very best
Then no, it's shit.
>>
>>30845434
I don't want to watch either of those because it's a show for babys
>>
>>30845040
It's really good so far. Though unless you're a weeb, wait for the dub. The Japanese VAs are equal to the English ones and the subtitles are variable in quality.
>>
>>30845450

Emm no. The English VAs are shit and the show should be watched in the best version possible.
>>
>>30845368
Its a slow start the first of hopefully many battles start next week at least. And then the trials once the holidays are over
>>
>>30845509
imagine learning jap just to watch a cartoon, wew
>>
>>30845317
XYZ had so much potential. Wasted, bcoz "muh status quo".

I swear, this anime is in need of an overhaul, and SoL shift just means that XY jumped the shark and they have nothing else interesting.

BTW, Aether have not made an appearance, in spite of Lillie, being, well, her daughter, and no interesting battles=crap.
>>
>>30845040
For me it is OK wants me to think of the Archies cartoon
You can try watch it if you like
>>
>>30845040
If you like Pokémon: no, its terrible
If you like waifuism: its nice
>>
>>30845040
>cartoon
and no, it's never been good
>>
>watching the ashnime
>>
>>30845450
The Japanese VAs are much better than the current English VAs and the dub script is the one that's variable in quality (often shit, too).

>>30845509
Correct, don't listen to that TPCi dubfag.

>>30845040
Dub has been trash since Season 9, avoid it.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.