[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember the hint from XY about gen 7? It was the backpacker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: 0.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Remember the hint from XY about gen 7? It was the backpacker guy and his Strange Souvenir. It was a tiki found out to be implying Hawaii-based Alola region

While we dont have anything as "in your face" in SM aabout 8 gen this time around we do have something!

Youngoos. This Pokemon was brought to Alola from another region to get rid of Rattatas expansive population. We do know there is no Yungooses in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova nor Kalos. Si its likely its a region we've yet to know

In real life Mongooses were also brought to Hawaii to get rid of rats. Where were they brought from? India. Hawaiian Mongooses are India native.

India region gen 8?
>>
I'm sold as long as we get our indian elephant pokemon.
>>
just dont make it an SM shitfest and we'll be good
>>
>>30843064
Steel/ground please
>>
>>30842999
You know, I had been wondering about Yungoos/Gumshoos myself and how it might connect to a new region.
>>
>>30842999
>POO
>>
>"We have a champion you wouldn't believe"
Unless SM takes place before XY, this guy is clearly wrong. You, the player in SM, is the first champion of the region and this doesn't happen until after the events of XY.
>>
poison/ground types everywhere
>>
>>30843300
Wasn't that Hiker in ORAS? And doesn't ORAS take place after SM?
>>
i been to india it really is a shit hole. 70% doesnt have a working toliet. another heat region other than kashmir snow but legendarys based on hindu mytholgy would be dope. there are over 1000 gods.
>>
>>30843316
Nope, XY

>>30843300
Lookers use of French in SM would imply that it takes place after XY. It could be tounge in cheek though, if someone told you that gen 7 wouldn't have a champion you wouldn't have believed it
>>
>>30843300
Doesnt he say we have a FACILITY you wouldnt believe?
>>
>>30843300
with red and blue on vaction who would be the champion in kanto
>>
>>30843230
Please god no
>>
>>30843300
>Unless SM takes place before XY
And it shouldn't be able to because of everything surrounding Zygarde, something XY never even alluded to being one of Sycamore's accomplishments.
>>
>>30843316
ORAS takes place before XY and ORAS. Also the hiker was in XY and he said that line on a certain day.
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/how-to-get-strange-souvenir.116626/
>>
>>30843230

It has to be water flying for maximum raichu electrocution
>>
>>30843406
You have to consider they just wanted to imply Hawaii region, doesnt mean they planned no champion from the beginning
>>
>>30843406
>ORAS takes place before ORAS
Really makes you think
>>
>>30843436
I think a champion was planned before it got scrapped. Like, I'm pretty sure SM was in its very early stages around the time XY was released.
>>30843449
Whoops.
>>
I just hope next region isnt too tropical again
>>
>>30843353
this
>>
>>30843568
If by tropical you mean yet another island based game then i'm with you.
If OP is on the money and we get something more along the lines of a main land with tropical fauna and forests then fuck yes, i want that.
>>
>>30843350
Sina and Dexio also mention the 5 Kalos kids, so this clearly is after XY.

>>30843353
Yep and this champion he mentioned is "something else". I guess this was another one of the things GF didn't think through enough.
>>
>>30842999
You can buy griseousphere and co. In Hau'loi mart
>>
>>30843406
TWO GENDERS
W
O

G
E
N
D
E
R
S
>>
>>30843300
He means you wouldn't believe Alola has multiple champions.
>>
>>30844611
And?
>>
>>30843197
>india
>SHITfest
>>
>>30843300
He was obviously talking about the Masked Kukui
>>
>>30845097
sinnoh remakes confirmed
>>
>>30845127
Cool but we're talking about gen 8 here
>>
>>30843337
Well of course they don't have working toilets, otherwise the toilet witch would have someplace to hide.
>>
>>30843337
We're talking about a game not a real place tho
>>
Kukui gives you a luchador mask that serves no purpose. Maybe the next region will be based on Mexico?
>>
well looks like timeline isues in SM are finally solved
>RBGY/FrLg = RSE/ORAS
>3 years
>GSC/HgSs = DPPt
> 5 to 8 years
>BW
>3 year skip = SM
>B2W2 = XY

looker is just french he has no implications in the timeline, unless you count when he fell of a boat and washed up in hoenn
>>
>>30843361
Leaf.
>>
>>30843316
>And doesn't ORAS take place after SM?
ORAS is the fist game to take place in the timeline along with the Kanto games. Then comes everything else.
>>
>>30846704
Oh god yes please let this be true I need this in my life holy shit
>>
>>30843852
>Sina and Dexio also mention the 5 Kalos kids, so this clearly is after XY.
except they don't
>>
>>30843398
why would xy mention something that was never relevant to the plot in anyway, Sycamore has no reason to mention zygarde ever and the fact a random 50% one is in a cave is evidence enough that someone assembled them and released it
>>
>>30847118
"This battle reminded me of us in the past...and that group of five young trainers."

They do.
>>
>>30847193
then the only other possibility is xy and sm happen roughly the same time, and the hiker is ment to only be discovered during the late post game, and sycamores involvement with zygarde would have to be something along the lines of >>30847153
that would leave the order of events somthing like this
>sycamore assembles and release zygarde
>xy main plot
>sina & dexio leave to alola
>sm story and title defense matches
>back packer goes to kalos
>xy post game and sm post game
>>
>>30847522

Or, it's just a small mistake by the developers, and it doesn't affect the otherwise clear timeline that they've laid out.
>>
>>30847688
mistake or not it happened so now it has to be fit into the timeline and thats the only way to make it work without multiverse fuckery
>>
>>30847743
>it happened so now it has to be fit into the timeline

No, it doesn't. It's fiction, not real life. When something irreconcilable occurs that's clearly an error, we can dismiss it as such. Same way that we know there aren't normal animals in the Pokémon universe, even though they appeared very early on. In a fictional universe, mistakes and changes will happen.
>>
Boy, I can't wait to have to use Stoutland to find items in the Designated Shitting Routes.
>>
>>30847854
thats how you end up with continuity issues
also it does have to fit in the timeline because GF made the mistake of ever putting a timeline in in the first place.
>>
>>30847854
>irreconcilable
did you miss this
>>30847522
airplanes exist in pokemon a flight from hawaii to france also doesn't take that long
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.