[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is FireRed/LeafGreen the most mediocre Pokemon game? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: FRLG.png (1MB, 998x500px) Image search: [Google]
FRLG.png
1MB, 998x500px
Is FireRed/LeafGreen the most mediocre Pokemon game? It seems like this is the only one vp has nothing to say about, whether it be positive, negative, or shitposting.
>>
Yes.
>>
File: cats laughing.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cats laughing.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>30839107
it's gen 1 without the nostalgia so yeah, mediocre.
>>
gen 5 exists
>>
More than the games themselves, its just that people nowadays hates on Kanto for being boring in design compared to the newest regions and for receiving a lot of love from GF compared to the other generations.
>>
I actually like FR/LG a lot, Kanto without all the shitty programming and battle mechanics is fun.
>>
>>30839107
It was the 1st Pokémon game I had and I loved it
>>
They're actually great, they just never get attention because genwunners will tell you RBY are better, and people that still care about the franchise primarily talk about emerald when 3rd gen comes up.
>>
>>30839928
But it was fun to glitch in a low level Nidoking and Gengar and cheese it in Yellow
>>
I loved FRLG. It's a shame they were made before the physical/special split though.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 587x584px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 587x584px
>>30839107
It's a great game.
Gen III was truly the pinnacle of Pokemon, with these remakes and the Hoenn games. My favourite graphics and overall feel. And the last time I really felt like I was truly living an adventure and exploring deep mysteries within the Pokemon world. Blessed Regis.

>"Hey anon, this legendary Pokemon just came in the mail. It's yours. Now let me read you 3 lore sentences. Enjoy!"

Cancer lazy unconsiderate fucks. There are no more space restrictions. I want to explore the Kalos Power Plant after a major power outage and solve the problem while catching Volcanion.

Instead we get pointless deceiving stuff like that Scary House (even worse by forcing le power of friendship down your throat) or hype-building-wow-it's-fucking-nothing things like the ghost girl.
>>
It's ok. My biggest complaint is that GF butchered the god-tier RBY soundtrack with the shit GBA sound font.
>>
I like it quite a lot for how simple it is, as in you can just boot it up and start going on your journey without a story dragging things out except the few Rocket battles and you can actually do some stuff in a different order (I think the biking route can be skipped entirely)
I mean those are all points for gen 1 as well but the remakes obviously improved them
not that I have anything against the more story driven games later but it's nice to sometimes come back old simple Kanto
>>
>>30839107
Its a direct upgrade from gen 1 and its great if you never played RGBY, otherwise its just there
>>
>>30839107
Slightly above average with just enough inconviences and to keep it from being "good"

Added a few great things like Versus Seeker/Elite 4 rematch

But the national dex bullshit
>>
>>30839107
This was my first Pokemon game and it was really solid. Not great, not bad, just good.

I'm still playing Pokemon so it obviously had some sort of attraction to me.
>>
>catch a jigglypuff just before mt. moon
>evolve it to wigglytuff inside mt. moon
>teach it mega kick right after mt. moon
>>
To be honest, I only played Fire Red recently, not too long before SM came out, and found it pretty underwhelming. It is so similar to the original RBY unlike HGSS and ORAS that have actual changes. They don't bother to improve anything minus the stuff that already existed like the abilities and stuff like that. Team Rocket don't get fleshed out at all either, minus the tiny bit in the postgame which basically doesn't count either.

They're good, but not great.
>>
>>30839107
Yes. They somehow managed to make them even worse than the originals.
>>
>>30839107
It's really, REALLY good, because of the Sevii Islands, the best remake addition of the franchise.
>>
>>30839107
>is the only one vp has nothing to say about
that means it's good
>>
>>30839107
I like them but not being able to get any Gen 2/3 mons at all before National Dex was retarded.
>>
FRLG was the only good part of gen 3.
>>
File: logic error.jpg (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
logic error.jpg
85KB, 800x600px
>>30844724
>>
>>30839107
You don't get the running shoes until after Pewter Gym and so they are objectively unplayable shit
>>
>>30840200
>And the last time I really felt like I was truly living an adventure and exploring deep mysteries within the Pokemon world.

So you never played 4, right?
>>
>>30844882
I'm guessing he hates 4.
>>
>>30844737
The only error was you not being aborted.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.