[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokebank support for the Sun and Moon is coming next month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: RG_TM[1].png (99KB, 318x311px) Image search: [Google]
RG_TM[1].png
99KB, 318x311px
>Pokebank support for the Sun and Moon is coming next month
>Can use all the weird Gen 1 exclusive TM moves from the VC ports of RBY and send them to Sun and Moon
>Can only hold 70 different items minus some mandatory key items taking up space per game

Which TMs should I start duping and hoarding for this?
>>
>>30833286
Fissure No Guard Machamp is a necessity.
>>
>>30833316
Unless all rby mons get their HA
>>
File: 1477066921913.png (220KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477066921913.png
220KB, 480x360px
>>30833286
I'm interested in this. I haven't played the VC ports because I played the originals when they came out. I didn't think they would be able to port to S/M, or even think about this being a unique situation with their altered abilities and movepool.

What Pokemon are the most drastically different from their modern counterparts?
>>
>>30833286
Pay Day, because Meowth, Persian and Smeargle are all fucking fragile.
>>
>>30833286
>Pokemon couldn't be altered for GSC to RSE
>RBY Pokemon can be altered for Sun and Moon
Am I missing something?
>>
>>30834033
>Pokemon couldn't be altered for GSC to RSE
that didn't even exist
>>
>>30833286
Dupe them all just to be safe. That's what I did. The PC has just enough room for all of them, and all of the key items fit in your inventory. If you can avoid picking up the Exp Share and Good Rod, just to have some extra room for useful items, all the better.
>>
>>30834121
He's not wrong, as It's actually possible but you need some accessories and other bullshit. Granted the average person won't.
>>
Can we actually bring items? Or is this just wishful thinking?
>>
>>30834033

IIRC, the decision to completely revamp how stats work was made after they discovered they couldn't get the GBC and GBA to talk to each other properly.

As for RBY to SM. I figure

>Will gain hidden abilities.
>D.V to I.V's is either 2x or 2x plus 1.
>Random nature.
>No stat.exp to ev conversion, will just have a throwaway line about how the Pokemon may need more training after such a long trip through time.
>>
>>30833286

Wait, how I transfer stuff from RBY to Bank?
>>
>>30834454

Wait for the January update.
>>
>>30834353
No. You use them on the RBY Pokemon you transfer to SM.
>>
>yfw all rby pokemon have straight 0 ivs
>>
Changing DVs to IVs is simple. You basically multiply the value by 2 and add 1 in certain cases.
Natures are easy as well. To be completely fair, you'd give everything transferred from the VC games a neutral nature.
Switching stat experience to EVs wouldn't be too hard. Just take the square root and round down to the nearest whole number.

But how could they possibly deal with Pokémon that have more than 131,070 total stat experience? That would be more than 510 EVs. Just having Special maxed out in Gen I would be equal to 510 EVs in Gen VII. If you had a level 100 Mewtwo with perfect DVs and 65,535 stat experience across HP/Attack/Defense/Speed/Special, how would Bank distribute that?
>>
File: rby tms.jpg (62KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
rby tms.jpg
62KB, 539x960px
>>30833286
http://pastebin.com/HMDrx5js

Pastebin with all the move/TM combinations.
Personally, I'll make a Arcanine with Reflect. You thought this fucker was bulky? Guess again.

>>30835250
>yfw all rby pokemon have straight 0 ivs
> Forcefeed duped Rare Candies
> Transfer to S/M
> Hyper Training!
>???
> Profit
>>
Anyone else think that Pikachu imported from Yellow will become Ash-Hat Pikachu?
>>
>>30835365
Just reset it. No one could possibly care about that, casual genwunners don't know it exists and anyone who cares about EVs would rather fix them up.
>>
>>30835417
Why the fuck does everything get Mimic and Reflect?
>>
>>30835454
Pretty sure Ash-Hat Pikachu will be the event mon of the upcoming movie
>>
>>30834225
Explain this. How is it possible?
>>
>>30833350
Machamp needs this. I need this.
>>
>>30837419
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc_Jovck1so
>>
File: 85f006aa18-niggo.gif (121KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
85f006aa18-niggo.gif
121KB, 500x375px
>>30835250
>yfw all rby pokemon have straight 31 ivs
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.