[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alola is just a giant complex of decorated hallways

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Scary-hallway.jpg (25KB, 474x356px) Image search: [Google]
Scary-hallway.jpg
25KB, 474x356px
No wide open fields or jungles to explore, barely any well-designed caves. Its just that final fantasy shit again.
You can't even travel to the different islands via lapras, thiis has to be the first pokemon game where every major location is entirely locked apart aside from fast travel

There are no interesting towns or cities, Poni island is just a fucking wasteland

Say what you will about Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova, but in a straight trek through the main quest you miss a hell of a lot more than you do in Alola
>>
genwunner
>>
genwunner
>>
>>30833057
>>30833064
Nice try, I just replayed firered to learn that I hate Kanto
>>
Unova and Kalos had the same problem too

GF can't design regions outside of Japan
>>
I want to say we can't have kids getting lost but that's literally what the map is for.

There wasn't a single cave that warranted an Escape Rope use. Even fucking KALOS had better caves. Terminus Cave and Frost Cavern were at least something. Holy shit.
>>
>>30833032

Agreed. Pretty, but very restrictive. Hell, there's plots that are just trees with slightly higher grass that you just arbitrary can't traverse. It's dumb. Very pretty, but dumb.
>>
>>30833151
>Even fucking KALOS had better caves
The truth hurts

They streamlined the map so its impossible to get lost, but this is the game that introduced waypoints so WHY?

Is it all because of the kids who couldn't find surf in gen 3 because they skipped the dialogue? Next time just don't leave the information in a one-time textbox
>>
>>30833213
Alola is fucking loaded with raised surfaces you can't walk on, the game has a shit ton of strict paths
>>
>>30833151
All of the caves in Kalos were actually pretty nice, removing chibi while still on 3DS was a mistake
>>
>>30833137
Unova had some of the best exploration in the entire franchise. Beyond Moor of Icirrus, Mistralton Cave, Resort Desert, and all the post-game area, each route had a bunch of side areas (and grottos in 2) (think dreamyard, the strength puzzle areas, Pinwheel Forest), the routes west of Nuvema are straight-up the best optional place to explore in all of Pokemon.

I fear you fell for the meme.
>>
>>30833032
What about the Haina desert
>>
>>30833766
>Arena trap harassment
>The only wide open space is the single worst wide open space in every other game
>>
>>30833664
B-But it's a circle. And it's linear, unlike the rest of the pokemon games. It's also a circle! Have I mention anything about circles? Circles.
>>
>>30833877
It really isn't. The pokemon centers are aligned in a circle but the world itself feels way more expansive

Its the drawn on connecting lines that compound the appearance of linearity
>>
God damn you fags just wanna make sure you fucking hate everything huh?
>>
I agree.

I'll still take it over Sinnoh though, but I just really hate Rock Climb
>>
>>30834005
How did you not get the sarcasm out of that? It's literally a joke post about how every shitposter only ever says that unova is a circle and linear(because the rest of the franchise hasn't been since 1996 apparently) and they never reply back afterwards or they throw a 'unovabortion' underaged-style and pretend they made an argument.
>>
>>30833257
too bad gamefreak can't program for shit or this wouldn't be an issue

ocarina of time 3d looks about as good as sun moon except with better textures, runs in 3d, and was released five years earlier
>>
>You can't swim from Heahea to Konikoni
Also the motherfucking thorough Stoutland and Tauros.
>>
>Arrive at Malie
>Triple-checked (no, I seriously did) that I indeed can proceed into three different routes
After the stupid Garden and Library sequence of course.
>>
>>30833664

The actual places you cited were cool but most of the routes were pitifully short and bland. Chargestone Cave was cool though.

>the routes west of Nuvema are straight-up the best optional place to explore in all of Pokemon.

Nah, not even close. The only more disappointing offshoot route in the series was Azure Bay. Neither of these places had fucking anything to do.

If you want to see an off-the-beaten-path aquatic route done right, refer to the tides west of Pacifidlog.
>>
>>30834028
Not OP, but I enjoyed SM a lot. They did a lot of stuff great and much better than gen 6, which was shit. However, the world design is not one of them. It's simply not up to par and the routes are by far the worst out of any region. Too streamlined and actually kinda lazy. It seems like they had a checklist of things they needed to put in the world and they simply lumped them wherever.

I don't know, it might be limited due to the system and the fact that you cannot swim between the islands so there's a lot less space in the world. Also, fuck the roadblocks. I'd rather have people randomly dancing, drunks and psyducks than fucking roadblocks every 2 steps and Stoutlands blocking my way when there's no reason too. But that last one seems like a result of them removing the HMs, which previously served as barriers to many places and not had much time to work out a good replacement. Hope it gets better later in the generation.
>>
>>30834263
The routes west of Nuvema were cool in B2W2. Hell, southeast Unova in general was great because it's the same low leveled area you were used to in the first games, now full of really tough trainers. There's two Veterans on Route 18 I think (the lone route west of Nuvema) and both have one Pokemon each, but they're at a very high Lv 70, or 75 on Challenge Mode. It's also where you fight Colress for the last time and subsequent times.
>>
That's what happens when a series goes 3D.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.