[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one did the cinematic thing better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: WECINEMATICGAMESNOW.png (605KB, 578x986px) Image search: [Google]
WECINEMATICGAMESNOW.png
605KB, 578x986px
Which one did the cinematic thing better?
>>
sun and moon
>>
>>30832823
easily SM
>>
>>30832823
sun and moon

how is this even a question?
>>
Dumbest question of 2016 by far
SM
>>
Assuming you mean the credits cinematic

ORAS

Actually shows how your team grows
>>
>ORAS
>better at anything
>>
SM
>high res of that photos never ever
>>
SM>ORAS>X/Y
>>
ORAS had the best credits visually, XY the best credits audiably, SM had extremely run of the mill credits for a JRPG
>>
>>30832823
ORAS was actually pretty cool, but yeah, SM credits are the best by a long shot
>>
>>30832958
3 minute long cutsence of mudkip becoming mega swampert
>>
>>30832823
Black and white.

The black and white opening is still my favorite
>>
>>30833199
The credist theme of Black/White is awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3yYGioc7cY

Actually I don't even remember the ORAS credits.
>>
>>30833177
It's not my fault you have shit taste at team building
>>
>>30832823
I really love the thesis of XY's credits

The last part gets me everytime
>>
>>30832823
Is that even a fucking question?
>>
>>30832823
XY was shit but that ending really meant a lot to me. However, the visuals for SM were better.
I liked that ORAS showed your team growing along side you, like the original, but it still bored me to tears.
>>
>>30832958
I was really disappointed they didnt do that again in SM
>>
SM's credits felt the most satisfying story wise.
>>
File: 1471478471332.gif (446KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471478471332.gif
446KB, 500x500px
>>30832823
In a game that did almost everything wrong, it's ending still managed to do everything right and in my eyes is the best of the three. A end which chooses to recap major points in your adventure and your partner mon at the time. On top of this, the remake of the R/S end theme itself is just beautiful. Everything about this end perfectly highlighted the two main strengths of gen 6, Atmosphere and Music.

X/Y's end comes second. The whole karaoke is wonderfully done and I still wind up getting a lump in my throat at the part where all languages show up on the screen at the same time. it's a very sweet end that also allows the viewer to join in which I think is pretty clever especially considering the minimal visuals.

I didn't like S/M's all that much so it gets last place. It didn't feel like any real end and was just more of a clipshow into the life of other characters rather than a close to your own journey. While a bit fun to look into, nothing about it is very memorable until you get to Lillie's speech.
>>
>>30832958
>Actually shows how your team grows
I really liked that part, and wish more games did something similar.
>>
>>30835723
Woops i'm talking about OR/AS in the first part.
It really is the best ending of the three.
>>
THIS STAR SAME TIME AND
ALIVE PEOPLES AND MEET ABOUT

UNIVERSE TIME INSIDE
ONLY 100 YEAR MIRACLE MEET

THANKS AT WRAP PARTY
TO MAKE NEXT ERA BE BOTH

SCRAMBLE TOGETHER SMALL BUD
TOGETHER LOOK AT RICE TREE

IS TO BLOOM PETAL IS KIND
GIVE FOOD HEAR IS TIED AS WELL

PEOPLES SPACE ONE IS USED TO
LOOKING FOR STEM SWITCH AND SEE

DREAMS IS FLOODING WORLD IS BORN
SPHERE IS ONLY ONE TO SHINE

DESTINATION IS NOT TAKED
TO SHARE THE TENDING TODAY

TO LET GROWTH. IS ALIVE.
TO LOOK AT WHAT IT RESULT

SITUATION TO SHARE SPHERES
LOVELY WORLD TO BE PRODUCE

METHOD INSTALLATE DRAWING
VERY BALLAST WE CARGO NEXT

POINT COMMA EVERYTHING SAME
THERE IS PLACE TO ASK AT FUTURE

COUNTERFEIT AND THE STARTUP
EVERYTHING FREELY CAN DO

DREAMS AMONG, FREE SMILES IS FREE
FREEDOM LIVE WHO YES IS TOO

OVERFLOW IS MANY THANK
TO CREATE THE FUTURE TENSE

TO BE PILED UP
ONE HUNDRED YEAR IS
MEETING AT MOTH
MIRACLES IS BORNED HERE

TO BE PILED UP
ONE HINDERED YEAR IS
MEETING AT MOTH
MIRACLES IS BORNED HERE
>>
I liked the artwork in SM's endings, but the credits being in all different languages in XY got me really emotional. Just a little reminder how this dumb little monster raising game connects millions of people from all around the world.

This SM trailer reminded me of the XY credits a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r0_F-_ClcQ
>>
>>30835723

The problem with the SM credits is you have to sit through another thirty unskippable fucking minutes of the WorstGirl show to get to them.
>>
>>30836454
And the credits themselves are like twelve minutes long.
>>
>>30832823
Black and White, it has to be the most intense ending music ever.
>>
>>30835353
Me too, especially since I just blew through OR with Blaziken but actually raised a rounded team for Sun.
>>
>>30836454
>The worst thing about the SM credits is that best girl leaves.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>30832823

XY was feelsy with all the languages singing the song, but it should've had pics like SM
>>
I dont even remember x/y ending

I know you fight the tall guy in one of the shittiest final fights in the series after a horrible looking cutscene but thats all i remember
>>
>>30837696
>said no one ever
>>
>>30832823
maybe the story wasn't as good as that of sm or bw, but the ending of xy is easily the best in the series
oras comes pretty close with the display of your team's growth through the playthrough
>>
>>30837792
>tfw played around too long on AZ because of his low levels and let his Siglyph setup full six Cosmic Power

wew
>>
>>30832958
I had a shiny rally's evolve into Gallade in OR. So dope
>>
>>30832978
>X and Y
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.