[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its funny when digimon does the same thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: digimon_eater_eve.jpg (18KB, 246x320px) Image search: [Google]
digimon_eater_eve.jpg
18KB, 246x320px
less than a year earlier
>>
What thing?
>>
>>30827556
Look closely
>>
>>30827556
Ultra Beasts.

The Eaters aren't comparable because they're supposed to be like the D-reaper from Digimon Tamers, except instead of deleting everything, they incorporate everything into themselves.
>>
>>30827579
The game's plot treats them the exact same.
Characters have the exact same arcs regarding them.
They even fall out of a giant portal in the sky after their initial reveal
>>
Yeah the Aether aesthetics were definitely inspired by Cyber Sleuth.
>>
>>30827544
Yeah, I've noticed this as well.. Sun/Moon has stolen so many things from Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, it's not even funny. So many story elements and features just bluntly copied. Masuda is the god of trolls. But Cyber Sleuth is still a lot better than the new Pokemon games - and I say this as someone who was always a Digimon hater...
>>
>>30828678
Right because CyberSluts plot isn't a generic plot
>>
Yet Pokemon still did it better
>>
It did it better than Pokemon too

It was two years ago, though
>>
aids
>>
>>30828678
Cyber Sleuth was really something else. Completely changed my opinion on Digimon
>>
>>30827606
>The game's plot treats them the exact same.
Ultra Beasts are basically Pokemon from another dimenson that land in an alien world and are trying to get home. They are hostile because they are looking for a way back, while Eaters were ravenous beasts for the most part.

>Characters have the exact same arcs regarding them.
Only Lusamine matches Suedo and debatably, Arata to Gladion.

>They even fall out of a giant portal in the sky after their initial reveal
That's in the last act of the game when the Digital World fuses with the real world.

There are similarities to the story, but they are only similarities.

Cyber Sleuth is better and Ami is best girl
>>
Yet Pokémon is the iconic one and the other stays a flop
>>
>>30829291
You have to avoid playing the digimon game to have this opinion

Pokemon barely did it at all
>>
>>30828678
I mean this has a heavy SMT vibe so I wouldn't call it that original either
>>
>>30829364
Same. If you'd told me that - in the year that FFXV and Pokemon Sun/Moon are coming out - that we would also get a fucking excellent Digimon game as well, I just wouldn't have believed you.

Cyber Slooths was da bes.
>>
File: 1477971294601.jpg (963KB, 1400x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477971294601.jpg
963KB, 1400x960px
>>30827544
>Implying Pokémon hasn't tried to become Digimon since X/Y.
>>
>>30831117
The character designer for Digimon Cyber Sleuth is the guy who does Durarara

He also did the design for Devil Survivor.

If you want a real mind blowing moment, this artwork is for Senran Kagura
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.