[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: topstatstarters.png (253KB, 1223x453px) Image search: [Google]
topstatstarters.png
253KB, 1223x453px
Let's say gen8's starters would get to replace some of the top stats either in their type or among the starters overall. What kind of stat focus would you like to see in new starters? Typings to go with it? General moveset focus?
>>
special defense for all of them, make all three nothing but special walls. no attacking moves.
>>
I don't know why they always make fire types offensive when it's such a great defensive type. Only three weaknesses, SIX resistances, burn immunity, burn status against physical attacks, and could easily learn morning sun or some other recovery.

So I would like to see an actual defensive fire type, not le bulky offense.
>>
>>30826200
>great defensive type
>weak to all the most common moves
n-nani
>>
>>30826232
the most common offensive types are fire, fighting, ground and ice. it's only weak to one of them, and it resists two.
>>
I think it's time we get a different type bunch. With all the shit GF has been pulling, I can see that.
>>
Defensive fire type would be pretty nice, or really any fire type that doesn't become bipedal because reasons.
>>
>>30826070
super fast and bulky fire/steel sheep that doesn't have much in either attack. signature move would be burn version of nuzzle.some moves would be cotton guard/spore,horn leech,smart strike,metal burst,and flame charge
>>
>>30826257
>What is Water
>>
>>30826070
Trying to think of what would complement each type in each stat, a Fire/Ground with heavy HP and Defenses would be interesting. Give it something like Will-o-wisp and Taunt and focus on tanking the burn-halved damage. Maybe give is a scorched earth, or cremation ash theme and work some ghost moves in for more secondary stat ailments. It could be interesting.

I don't know how there hasn't been a better Special focus Grass starter in all this time, or HP for that matter. You'd think the association between plants and vitality, coupled with all the drain and heal moves would've made Grass the more obvious choice for an HP heavy starter, especially given Grass's massive list of weaknesses no matter what the secondary typing: Steel brings it down to just 2, but beyond that Fire and Water are the next best combinations, not that those are viable in a starter trio, from there out it's a minimum of 4 weaknesses.

Water is weirdly on top of its shit in every stat though. Defense is the only thing it's even remotely lagged in and that's more or less offset by Fire being even worse.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.