[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Festival Plaza gets deserved hate, but Poke pelago deserves more love.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 13

For a first attempt at this, It turned out pretty well don't you think?

>Low maintenance/minimal effort to do
>Boxed pokemon finally having something to do
>Quick and easy berry farming. Likely the best in the series
>Possible to get evo stones and other things
>Passive EV training/level up for up to 16 pokemon
>Passive friendship booster and egg hatching
>Beans making the whole process twice as fast when needed
>Mohn secretly exploiting free pokemon labor for his berry empire

Hopefully GF doesn't throw it to the curve later and keeps improving its features over time.
>>
Yeah I love the pokemon pelago. It's both interesting as a concept and useful in practice.

Now let's hope they fix online in the next gen VII games and don't simply port the Festival Plaza.
>>
t-thank you pokepelego
>>
>>30827688
Achi chachi. That's an impressive haul.
>>
>>30824201
how do i get moar beanz and how do i make those fag visitor pokemon stay

only about 1/4 want to join my party
>>
>>30827912
>how do i get moar beanz
Keep checking the bean island every couple of hours, and the guy selling drinks at the Pokemon Center gives you some once a day
>>
>>30824201
both are shit, nothing but an endless tedious grind
>>
>>30824201
Pokepelago is great, tho if I have to nitpick I wish Aphun didn't rely so heavily on RNG and Avue hatched eggs faster
>>
>>30827688
which path is that? 4th one?
>>
>>30828186
Yeah it'd be nice if the hot springs were faster for eggs...and pokerus/power items/macho brace affected the EV island.
>>30828036
>played since release
>Maxed out the bean island first and the the berry island first
>Maxed out weeks ago and have 1000 regular beans, 190 pattern beans, 41 rainbow.

Bad anon it's not that hard
>>
>>30828622
ya i took the 4th one. You can do the 3rd one too, but the 4th one gives me all the items at once
>>
I think it's pretty great too. It's basically an idle game that runs in the background whenever you're playing, and gives you tons of free stuff that's actually really useful. About the only feature improvement I could honestly wish for is graphics showing the pokemon playing around or hunting through the caves for stuff. It's really nice to have them actually outside hopping around instead of lurking in a pc box somewhere; makes me way less guilty about capturing dozens of mons I know I'll never use.
>>
>>30824201
>Boxed pokemon finally having something to do

It makes me feel severely autistic, but this is my favorite feature in a long time. I love that those pokemon I've had boxed for a decade are having fun and being productive
>>
>>30832720
For the next generation I want random events.

>one of your boxmons finds a map for treasure, take them in your party and go to the designated spot and you'll get whatever.
>two of your boxmons fall in love, you get an egg you never asked for.
>there was a cave-in at the treasure cove, you need to assemble a rescue team of boxmons to save them.
>>
>>30832864
>your pokemon delve too deep and unleash a nameless horror underneath Isle Aphun
>you have to take a team down into the depths and defeat it before it destroys the entire archipelago
>>
>>30824201
>Hopefully GF doesn't throw it to the curve later and keeps improving its features over time.

Anon, you know GF.
>>
>>30824201
I unironically enjoy Festival Plaza.

Inverse Type Matchups is the best.
>>
>>30828036

The fuck is tedious and grindy about the Pelago? You've got some issues.
>>
>>30832991
Pokepelago will die horribly in gen 8, I can feel it. Not even DexNav survived GF slaughtering, and as much as I like the Pelago the DexNav was one of the best features in any game
>>
I'm trying to breed for a female Eevee with HA, and currently have 5 eggs in Isle Avue. With 24 hours worth of beans in the basket, How long will it take for the eggs to hatch?
>>
File: rotomdexgivesnofucks.jpg (49KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
rotomdexgivesnofucks.jpg
49KB, 700x300px
>>30833105
Will rotom dex return? I really like the little guy, he's like a less-irritating navi who actually reminds you where to go after you've gotten lost catching rares and doing hours of SOS battles.

Plus there's his hilariously blunt dex entries.
>>
File: Ultrabitches laughing.png (220KB, 723x642px) Image search: [Google]
Ultrabitches laughing.png
220KB, 723x642px
>>30824201
>Hopefully GF doesn't throw it to the curve later and keeps improving its features over time.
Came here to laugh at you.
>>
I like Plaza but Pelago is better.

>>30833145
Rotomdex is great too. Damn.
>>
>>30833123
for fucking ever. Isle Evelup is okay sometimes, but Avue is absolute garbage.

Just go to the autismbox.
>>
>>30833276
I'm kinda surprised there's no comic comparing the different bike simulators of each gen.
>>
>>30833123
Takes about 12 hours with beans from my experience. I would put some in there while you're hatching the others.
>>
File: 2tg96CH.gif (499KB, 275x145px) Image search: [Google]
2tg96CH.gif
499KB, 275x145px
>>30833089
You don't understand anon. Tapping a beanstalk a few times a day and talking to the cafe guys for free beans is too hard and time consuming!
>>
File: woomy thinking.png (651KB, 627x563px) Image search: [Google]
woomy thinking.png
651KB, 627x563px
>>30833123
It...not that much of an effective hatching method. Even with beans to speed up the process.

...On the other hand though, has anyone ever tried leaving a flame body pokemon in the hot spring with a batch of 5 eggs to see if they hatch even faster than usual?
>>
>>30832864
>>30832953
So when's the part the mystery dungeon games get integrated in to the main games as a side thing for your boxmon?
>>
>>30833640
Gen X. They'll scrap Pelago in IX, much to the dismay of many fans. GameFreak will learn from it and bring it back better than ever.
>>
>>30832720
same, it's literally my favorite part about it, I really hope they keep a system similar to it in future gens, like as some virtual reality world or something where you can actually download yourself into the storage system and play around with your box mons

autism
>>
I still haven't actually taken a team out into the field for a classic EV training session yet. Pelago takes care of it for me while I'm working, sleeping, and breeding different species. Pretty neat!
>>
>>30834110
Don't use exclamation marks, this is not /jp/.
>>
>>30833469
Ooh, that's definitely something to try. I'll try to catch a magmar to see if this works.

>>30833276
>autismbox
What?
>>
>>30834770
That little square area some people use to hatch eggs in front of the nusery. I don't like it honestly since it's much easier to just rotate in a circle on left the side of the nusery
>>
>>30835260
So just riding around in a circle in that little pen actually counts as steps? That's awesome. But does that actually result in an egg from the lady out front, or do you need too re-load the area?
>>
>>30835336
she'll cross her arms, you can watch her do it even
>>
>>30835336
Yes it count steps
The nursery lady folds her arms in real time when she has an egg ready. You can't miss it.
>>
>>30835336
Eggs are both hatched and generated at the lady while you spin the control stick in the box. The only problem I have with it is you have to dismount in order to pick up new eggs and remount upon reentering. What's the fastest way to breed? Should I be going out to get each new egg or hatching a full 5 before clearing for more eggs?
>>
>>30835400
I run around in a circle to the left of her.
Pick up 5 eggs from her
Pick up 5 more eggs for the PC
Hatch the curren 5, release the duds and pick up 5 more eggs and repeat

I love egg depositing. Makes things much faster .
>>
>>30832864
>two of your boxmons fall in love, you get an egg you never asked for.

Sounds terrifying.
>>
File: 1480455336211.png (87KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480455336211.png
87KB, 400x240px
>>30835499
>pokepelago becomes chao gardens

I...I never knew I wanted this.
>>
I guess the Isles for growing berries and mining are cool. The others seem rather pointless to me. Whatever they accomplish can be done faster in the main part of the game, or could have been done even faster in the previous gen. Pelago just seems like a blah kind of feature overall.
>>
>>30835391
>>30835396
Got it.
>>30835400
>hatched and generated
do steps count toward hatching the egg that that lady has? Can the egg hatch while she has it? I'm not new to breeding, this is a new gen, so.
>>
>>30827688
>not big nugget
shit haul desu
>>
>>30835458
Wait, you can pick up multiple eggs at once from her?

>>30835561
Oh my god, THIS. Imagine in Stars, Poke Pelago is an actual place you can run around in like the rest of the game, but filled with overworld-model Pokemon. Talking to them opens up Pokemon Refresh (Or a similar kind of menu), where you can feed them berries and vitamins in the same way you would Poke Beans, but all of them have the same effect as if they were used elsewhere in the game. THAT would be the best feature added in the series.
>>
Pelago island dlc when?
>>
>>30835681
Not multiple eggs exactly but it's now possible to have eggs auto deposited into the PC even if your team is full. Be sure to set the party box to automatic in the option menu
>>
I don't like the you having to put Pokemon into the hot springs and level island and them being inaccessible from the box. It should just randomly put Pokemon from your box like the other islands do unless you choose to put a specific mon there.
>>
How do you even get your Pokémon to explore on that island? I swear I wasted so many beans renovating it and not a single one has gone exploring
>>
>>30834730
What kind of dumb thing to get triggered by
>>
>>30835856
Tap the sign out front. You'll figure out the rest.
>>
>>30824201
Agreed. Never used it for egg hatching but it's great for getting GTS bait, rare items, and berries. Especially berries holy shit
>>
>>30834730
Eat my entire ass!
>>
>>30832953
>The Turtonator menaces with spikes.
>>
File: berry doggo.png (536KB, 951x888px) Image search: [Google]
berry doggo.png
536KB, 951x888px
>>30835571
You need beans to speed up stuff so the bean island is a must. The hotsprings are the least useful but hey it's nice to have the option

You're really underselling the usefulness of Isle Evelup for those who don't have too much spare time to spare to EV train multiple pokemon...or because the power items are locked behind BP

At the max island level(4 evs), you can literally EV train up to 18 pokemon to 252 in a stat in 31:30(63 sessions per 30 minutes) which becomes 15:45 with enough beans to double the process and then another stat in a little over 2 days. It's super convient.
>>
File: 1214162202_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1214162202_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Pelago is great, yesterday I got this dude. Almost perfect attack and 2 other great stats.
I would love to see a shiny show up
although it probably would run away
>>
File: 1448373875102.jpg (608KB, 1030x1861px) Image search: [Google]
1448373875102.jpg
608KB, 1030x1861px
>>30833640
>mystery dungeon game
>you wake up on a beach with no memories aside from the fact that you were once human, eventually join a guild with your partnermon, and go on an adventure
>it's later revealed that all these pokemon belonged to you before you boxed them
>everyone knows but nobody wants to tell you the truth because they don't want you to abandon them again
>Except your partner, who eventually finds her resolve and wants to ensure that you escape and go home.
>>
>>30829783
>and pokerus/power items/macho brace affected the EV island
I thought they did? what the hell
>>
>>30827688
>path design for finding shards
>get one or 2 colors shards each
>takes 30 shards of specific colors to make one silver cap
>2 star treasure hunt makes this useless

>rare item path
>get more rare junk and gold caps

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>30837525
Well the former is the very first thing you unlock while the latter is the latest so...
>>
File: IMG_20161217_154702.jpg (938KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161217_154702.jpg
938KB, 1024x1365px
You stay away from my pure white Vulpix you dirty black Rattata
>>
>>30836150
Would read this fanfic.

>Escape the Mystery Dungeon world
>withdraw my partner Chicorita
>make passionate love to her.
>>
>>30835260
Royal Avenue beats the shit out of both of them because you can make comfortable wide turns and ease the load on your thumb

It's actually probably the best bike simulator without a bike in the entire series desu
>>
File: 1481406036426.png (27KB, 180x178px) Image search: [Google]
1481406036426.png
27KB, 180x178px
>>30836150
Fuck me, I've never even played PMD but I would unironically pay real money for that especially if it integrated with your actual box.

It sounds adorable and guilt-inducing as fuck.
>>
>having a complete living dex to transfer in January

Over 721 slaves all working on my islands. The hype is even greater than when I was waiting for the games to release.
>>
>>30842047
>flying to a hatching area

What is this gen 5 and XY?...tho since eggs can be deposited this isn't all that impractical now.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 3081x934px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 3081x934px
>isle abeens = isle of beans
>isle aplenny = isle of plenty
>isle aphun = isle of fun
>isle evelup = i'll level up
>isle avue = i love you
>>
>>30842172
>flying
Nigger it's literally a few extra seconds of smooth step grinding away and that dank "hatched on Royal Avenue" line in the autism summary makes it all the more worth it
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.