[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the battle interface change for the good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: battle interfaces.jpg (829KB, 1116x877px) Image search: [Google]
battle interfaces.jpg
829KB, 1116x877px
Did the battle interface change for the good?
>>
kipper's face
>>
>>30824152
Yeah I think so for the most part, but it's hard for me to get used to the 1 by 4 move array from the 2 by 2 we had in the past.
>>
File: 1478840396188.jpg (105KB, 1080x1207px) Image search: [Google]
1478840396188.jpg
105KB, 1080x1207px
>>30824152
Yeah? Everything before BW looks like utter shit.
BW has an okay scheme, X and Y are also OK, maybe a bit better. SM are where they start to head into a decent direction.
>>
>>30824152
Move selection looks really weird.
>>
Sun and moons sucks, you can't edit it with wallpapers like x/y and speaking of which we don't even get special wallpapers forthe pc boxes anymore. IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS
>>
Wonder how it'll look on the switch.
>>
>>30824152
BW2 has the best aesthetic.
>>
>>30824152
>>30824181
SM really does have a decent and useful interface during battle, specially on the bottom screen. The same sadly can not be said about the Rotom dex in the overworld.
>>
D/P/P and ORAS were terrible, the rest was alright
>>
The current one is best now that they've gotten rid of the circles on the ground.
>>
All good except for ORAS
Literal shit games with an even shittier interface

Not only could we not customize it like in XY, it also was not very pleasing to the eyes
>>
>>30824152
BW2's is the best
>>
>>30824152
I love SM's since you can do more then just press the usual Bag, Run, Fight, Pokemon (say what you want, I love it that I can view all my stat changes and keep count of how much I've boosted/dropped)
>>
BW>BW2>SM>ORAS>XY>HGSS>DPPt>FRLG>RSE>GSC>RBY
>>
>>30824152
I'd prefer the Fight menu on the left side, but I get that GF hate left-handed people so it's not that big of a loss.

Why isn't that an option though?
>>
I really liked how fast the BW2 menu was.
>>
>>30824152
I really wish it still showed the in-game time in battle
>>
>>30824152
BW2 was my favorite. Second favorite is XY, only because of the ability to change the backgrounds.
>>
>>30824711
Same
>>
>>30824711
this a small feature i miss
>>
God gen 5's is so ugly
>>
>>30824152
I miss how in BW2 the interface would tell you the time and how much battery the system has left
That was so fucking useful you have no idea
I need it back
>>
>>30824198
M'autism
>>
>>30824181

BW has the same layout that fucking DPPt have. I swear you fucking genfivers. BW's color scheme looks like ass too and they somehow managed to get jaggy edges on a static background.

SM have the best by far though. Best layout for touch screen operation, looks great, hotkey pokeball throwing, and status inspection all right there. 10/10.
>>
>>30824152
SM bottom screen is confusing, everytime I want to use the fourth move I end selecting the third move.
>>
>>30825090
well it's technically not necessary because you can view the 3ds's home menu

even though it's really slow and inconvenient it's apparently enough of a reason to not bring it back in-game
>>
I'm glad they stopped sticking a giant FIGHT button right in the middle of the touchscreen. It works fine, it's just really bare bones presentation. SM's small layout adjustments like putting buttons in the side and adding pictures to them goes a long way.
>>
>>30825519
>well it's technically not necessary because you can view the 3ds's home menu
Considering in the gen 6 and 7 games it would disconnect you from the internet entirely if you accessed the home menu I would say it's extremely necessary.
>>
>>30825133
And despite all of that, gen 5 still has the best lower screen.
Especially since it has a damn clock on it and a way to monitor the battery life without going out of your way.

That and the Pokeball aesthetic is pleasing to the eye.
>>
>>30824152
SM has the worst healthbars
>>
>>30824152
>pangoro and sableye
where
>>
>>30824152
>Y button as shortcut to pokeball bag
>able to clearly see stat changes for every pokemon in the field
Yes. I'd say there's still room for improvement in terms of shortcuts and generally making navigation smoother. But there's been steps in the right direction for sure.
>>
>>30824152
I still think having all the moves crammed on the right side is kinda awkward, I preferred XY scheme with the Mega Evolution button on the bottom.
But in terms of funcionality, having a hotbutton for balls and the ability to check on pokemon status at any time makes SM interface the best one so far
>>
yes, being able to see buffs and how many more turns are left on screens, safeguard, future sight etc is the best shit
>>
>>30824152
Will gamefreak going back to pre-Gen 4 layout for Pokemon Stars on Switch? I really liked dual screen.
>>
>>30824198
Except functionally, it's much better. You can now reach all of the on-screen buttons with your thumbs.
>>
>>30824152
I'd like Sun/Moon's better if the fight button was in the middle.

Would have been nice to get wallpapers as well.
>>
>>30827657
You could do that with all of the touchscreen games.
Unless you're a literal baby.
>>
>>30827580
It's probably going to be really jarring if the Switch doesn't have a touch screen in portable mode since I got so used to it, but I think it should be pretty natural when playing on a TV with a controller. Maybe they can use some buttons for quick item access or other shortcuts.
>>
>>30824152
I loved gen 4 and gen 5 for the design and aesthetics, but SM is probably the best for its utility. XY was garbage and ORAS was utter shit.
>>
>>30824202
I like W2's since it's a consistent pokeball design tweak from B/W, but don't like the red/black pokeball scheme in B2.
>>
SM>ORAS>HGSS>Pt>GSC>B2W2>BW>RSE>XY>FRLG>RBY>>>>>>>>DP

Holy shit were Diamond and Pearl awful on the eyes.
>>
File: 1462980559829.gif (594KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1462980559829.gif
594KB, 200x200px
>pack
>>
File: TimeWizard-TF04-JP-VG.jpg (67KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
TimeWizard-TF04-JP-VG.jpg
67KB, 544x544px
>>30824252
yeah, I miss the clock
>>
>>30824152
Maybe they should take some lessons in UI from Sakurai
>>
>DP's touch UI looks better than Pt and HGSS'

whoa

SM has the best battle UI, though the BW2 one was neat for being different between versions and that cockpit skin for XY
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.