[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled Can we all agree these are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: pokemon_sun_moon.0.0.jpg (120KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_sun_moon.0.0.jpg
120KB, 1600x900px
So now that the dust has settled

Can we all agree these are the best Pokemon games ever made?

>/vp/ ever agreeing
>>
ye
>>
>>30818577
no. that distinction belongs to the first rescue Team games
>>
>>30818577

As much as I like SM, saying this is the "best Pokemon game" ever is delusional.

kill yourself.
>>
>>30818577
No, because GF always goes two steps forward, one and half steps back.
The follow-up games will be good, I hope.
Overall, ORAS was far better than XY.
>>
>>30818598
lol this fag
>>
>>30818617
which one is better then?
>>
File: BKajm70.png (27KB, 737x404px) Image search: [Google]
BKajm70.png
27KB, 737x404px
>>30818617
How the fuck is it delusional?

There's not a game in the series that plainly stands out as the best. Therefore my opinion is valid.
>>
Story wise? Great game
Accessibility to end game? 0/10
Most new pokemon were shit save a few
Alolan forms were a great addition that gave some old shitmon slight viability.
Overall id say its up there with platinum and black and white.
>>
I like it as much as gen 6. so no
>>
>>30818779
>Therefore my opinion is valid.

Valid but subjective, anon.
>>
The dust wont settle if you keep kicking it up.
>>
>>30818679
No such Pokemon game exist, yet. in my opinion, but yeah feel free to disagree.
>>
No, these games are fucking horrible.
Every wild pokemon battle becomes an endless 2v1.
Who thought this was OK?
>>
>>30818933
Yes. A valid subjective opinion.
>>
>>30819016
I feel sorry for people autistic enough to let minor gameplay mechanics ruin an entire game for them
>>
>>30819055
>minor gameplay
nice b8 m8, you made me reply
>>
>>30819082
no, seriously, i agree with this anon >>30819055

how did you manage to become so terrible at this?
>>
>>30819082
sicc 8's m8
>>
Solid games. 7/10
>>
>>30819118
>>30819132
you forgot your (you)'s
>>
>>30818577

Mine continually crashed, so it gets a 5/10
>>
File: 1379189507399.jpg (36KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
1379189507399.jpg
36KB, 679x427px
>>30819188
I feel sorry for people autistic enough to let minor crashes ruin an entire game for them
>>
>>30819055
>minor
Okay not him but SOS battles are a major feature of the game and are the new method of EV training.
However the way it was handled was extremely ungraceful because it's absolutely random.

Meaning you could trigger a chain when you don't want it but get nothing when you do. Understand?
>>
>30819118
Gen 7 so far was a pretty good gen. The lack of Alolan forms really bother me, as do the lack of new Pokemon. The game has massive framerate issues, and 3D is nonexistent.

It's still a pretty good gen, but there are certain things that hold it back.
>>
>>30819215
laffed hard
>>
>>30819245
>understand?

Yes papa
>>
File: 1481655470935.jpg (866KB, 1002x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1481655470935.jpg
866KB, 1002x1033px
It's in my top 3 desu
Not the best though
>>
>>30819245
fucking this.
All I want to do is train my goddamn pocket monsters, not fight endless waves of trash that don't award any xp.
It wouldn't be so bad if the pokemon you fought were weak individuals like in X/Y, where you were rewarded for whittling down a big group. But instead it's annoying to have to fight three, four, or five normally powered pokemon in a row for next to nothing in xp gains.
>>
>>30818598
/thread
>>
>>30819346
no the thread didn't end there actually
>>
>>30818813
Overall I agree with this guy.

This is the first time I think I've actually given a shit about the characters in a Pokemon game. It's at the top in terms of story/characters for me.

But fuck me are there a lot of long unskippable cutscenes full of repeated use of the same 3-4 animations. Why is there a game, a portable game on top of that, in this day and age without skipable cutscenes and sudh?

A straight playthrough of the game is pretty well done, lots of creative NPCs like the Red Card trainer, but the gameplay features are a step back from XY. Like others have said SOS battles were a good idea implemented awfully. Hordes+Dexnav accomplish these same tasks much better.

They made it harder to level up in the same game where there's actually a reason to hit 100 (probably intentional, but still annoying). On the other hand, they made a great intuitive change to checking IVs.

Yep, two steps forward, one step back is the perfect description.
>>
>>30818577

Haha no, these games were not the best. Graphically and story wise yes, everything else, not really.
>>
>>30819315
Hey here's a thought, fucking run and try again for a stronger pokemon?
>>
>>30819873
You might want to read that again dumbass.
>>
>>30819931
>cue the "i did read it, and blah blah blah" retort
>>
>>30818577
yes
>>
by far the best single player pokemon game to play through from the beginning to end of the main story line.
multiplayer features are pretty ass tho, and smaller things like removing the ability to just hit X when in menus to leave them. BW introduced that feature in 2010, no idea why they felt the need to fuck with it and remove it. it was a nice 6 years of not having to mash B when i wanted to leave a menu but those days are over.
jesus christ its 3AM and here i am complaining about the UI in a childrens monster collecting video game. wha t the fuck is wrong with me. i could be like, sleeping, or having sex right now. fucking christ where did i go so wrong.
>>
>>30818577
Eh they're ok. I admit they are fun but the game handholds you from point to point too much, I never get a sense of an area before being shoved into the next. And all the npc trainers are pushovers. "Here's my one Pokémon that you'll one-shot. Enjoy your exp."
>>
>>30818969
So you think these are the best Pokémon games yet, but you're telling OP to kill himself because he thinks the same thing?
>>
>>30819016
>literally unable to knock out pokemom before they call for help
Git gud
>>
>>30818577
Yes, Sun and Moon are what Black and White tried to be, except good
>>
>>30818969
You just btfo yourself.
>disagrees they're the best to date
>then says no better game exists yet
>>
Im not sure, I have to play Sun, and then again Moon to tell
>>
>>30819246
>doesn't know how to respond properly

Underage detected.
>>
>>30818577
yes!
>>
I don't think they're the best ever but certainly the best on 3DS by far.
>>
>>30820139
I wasn't responding to anybody. I quick replied the thread and was too lazy to change it. Sage for off topic.
>>
>>30818577
They are the best I have played.
I haven't played anything from gen 4 (only HGSS), 5 and 6.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.