[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which game has the best selection of pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: Gens.png (1MB, 902x563px) Image search: [Google]
Gens.png
1MB, 902x563px
Which game has the best selection of pokemon?
>>
File: 1473900033632.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1473900033632.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>>30817582
SM tbqh
>>
>>30817614
I just wish pokebank was out so I could store all my mons and replay the thing lol. Don't wanna lose my competitve teams.
>>
>>30817582
Well XY had 457 available in-game, more than any other pokemon game, so I'd say XY. SM is only at 302.
>>
>>30817904
XY had too many Pokemon to the point nothing felt special. SM has a much better blend of old/new/common/rare Pokemon and they feel more ecologically justified. XY just threw lots of shit at you with little rhyme or reason.
>>
>>30817582
BW2 is the best balance

50% old 50% new
>>
>>30818060
>nothing felt special

Your feelings aren't in question. The game with the best selection of quality pokemon is the question.

I think Aggron is my favorite pokemon no matter how many pokemon I have to choose from.
>>
BW2 gave you a rather good selection of viable endgame mons from the start, Riolu, Magnemite, Magby and Elekid, Mareep, and a few others I'm probably forgetting.
>>
>>30817582
Kanto, Hoenn or Unova if you mean exclusives
>>
SM has both quantity and quality representation of all Pokémon generations. The new mons are nice too.
>>
>>30817582
Diamond and Pearl. Don't know why they had to ruin it with Platinum though.
>>
>>30817582
BW2 and HGSS had the best pokedexes, but by pure selection, XY has to win.

Distribution wise though, its BW2. XY's mons were spread too thin and HGSS/SM have too many good mons that appear too late in the game.
>>
>>30818060
I feel like the new Pokemon were far too spread out

I had to go out of my way to find a lot of the new Pokemon, not to mention stuff like Vikavolt that won't evolve until endgame.
>>
>>30818257
>HGSS had the best pokedex
(You)
>>
>>30818309
It has 256 pokemon which is a great size, and has everything from gens 1 and 2, and a few great Gen 4 mons. It's a great dex. Distribution=/=Dex
>>
I dunno but the worst is gen 3. Every time I play it I have to pick almost the same team since there's only like 8 designs I like
>>
>>30817582
BW
>>
>>30818378
A large portion of those Pokemon are useless or available so late that they might as well not be in the dex at all. Distribution absolutely matters here.
>>
>>30818392
>GF didn't make enough edgemons wah
>>
>>30817582
Define best selection. Do you mean objectively the best for the game or the most?

Most is XY, best is probably Gen I or III.
>>
>>30818480
sorry you're offended by my opinion that much to claim i said something i didn't
>>
>>30817582

Pokémon Red and Blue because you could catch all the Pokémon that matter.
>>
>>30818470
But my post separated distribution, selection and dex. You're making my post say things it didnt say. I even mentioned HGSS had poor distribution.

>>30818392
I have to agree with this. ORAS and Emerald were the few games where I'd be 5 or so gyms in and still only have 5 pokemon
>>
>>30818487
What I mean by best is probably the game that has the best selection. I really do like S&M's collection but i'm looking at playing another game.

I never played DPP or BW/BW2
>>
>>30818580
DPPt has the worst of any game, imo. That entire gen feels like it's full of Pokemon that exist to annoy you and are shit if you try and use them.

BW has an extremely serviceable set of Pokemon but the starters aren't too good. B2W2 has really great shit you can get early in the game and then has decent things as you go on.
>>
>>30818580
Best for the game is BW2. 50/50 split between old and new, good mons throughout the whole game, not too bloated.
>>
>>30818619
That sounds alright, I was playing HGSS Nuzlocke but my game froze :S so I guess it's a sign to play a different one.
>>
Pokemon Red/Blue. Literally every gen 1 Pokemon is in those.
>>
>>30818602
Platinum has grade A distribution though...
>>
This dumb debate has no answer. It's entirely subjective.
>>
>>30818804
That's why it's good to have though. I like hearing all opinions.
>>
>>30818804
/vp/ throws the word objectively so much they have forgotten what a regular discussion is like, but yes discussing subjective points is normal
>>
File: miruku.jpg (820KB, 4999x4968px) Image search: [Google]
miruku.jpg
820KB, 4999x4968px
>>30818755
>muh genwun
>>
>>30818783
It really doesn't.
>>
>>30818250
>No good bugs besides heracross
>No good electric types
>No fire types: the game
>Good selection
>Platinum ruined it

What? I'm almost sure this is bait, but still, WHAT?
>>
Xy
>>
I still can't decide on XY or BW2.
>>
>>30817582
B/W, only new ones. Felt like R/B/G
>>
>>30817582
B2W2

It gave you actually decent Pokemon early on (Riolu, Marill, Magnemite, Growlithe, to name some), but it still had all of the new Pokemon available too. It was a good even mix of old and new Pokemon, unlike recent games which are mostly old Pokemon and then if you're lucky you'll run into a new one.
>>
BW2 probably. Had lots of Pokemon from all generations, but still focused on the Pokemon introduced in Gen 5 the most.

I like the dexes of XY and SM due to their variety and Pokemon from every generation, but they don't focus enough on the new Pokemon, especially SM. XY is great to Nuzlocke but you could easily get very few Gen 6 Pokemon, and SM is even worse thanks to most of the new Pokemon being rare as fuck. SM also has the problem of Gumshoos and Pelipper being on every late game route. At least some of the XY Pokemon were fairly common.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.