[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on this little shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 13

File: pikachu-6.png (22KB, 846x832px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu-6.png
22KB, 846x832px
What's your opinion on this little shit?
>>
>>30815975
Don't worry Mimikyu, you're more viable anyway.
>>
>>30815975
At least he has an excuse to be shoved into everything. I mean, it IS the mascot of Pokemon.

I gotta say though, Pikachu is pretty good as a mascot.
>>
It's better than Raichu. Game Freak was right to leave Raichu behind.
>>
It's cute and the girl who designed it struck cuteness and iconic goldmine
>>
Shitty rat that wishes it was as cool as Mimikyu. Get your own style, poser.
>>
I kinda wish that it learning some really good coverage like Icicle Crash and Meteor Mash wasn't regulated to a gimmick like cosplay
>>
File: Pika.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Pika.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Loved it since a kid, those last 20 years have been awesome thanks to him
>>
>>30815975
cutie patootie
>>
>>30815975
It's cute. I like it a lot.
>>
>>30815975
It's cute, I wish it got a speed buff so I could actually use it as a glass cannon in comp. It was also the ace of my SM playthrough team.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 236x207px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 236x207px
>>30815975
>>
>>30815975
I like it, though I like mimikyu more. Pikachu is pretty cute and has a nice simple design. Unlike shit like lucario pikachu has good mascot appeal.
>>
>>30815975
It's the best mascot for the franchise and evolves into a cool pokemon. Win win. The only things I hate about it is the round headed version use as a logo and the fucking cry in the modern games. That makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>30815975
My favorite non-legendary mon along with Venusaur, even though it's useless most of the time
>>
>>30815975
I unironically like it when I was 10 years old. Start hating it due to Ashanime's shilling it. Kinda made peace with it in SM now though. Alolan Raichu is my fembro.
>>
>>30815975
Cute. I love Pikachu.
Like all Gen 1 mons, they need to have approximately 20 points added to every stat to remain competitive with current mons. The old mons are so damn shitty its not even funny.
>>
Don't mind it, Rauch is one of my favorite pokemon

I miss fatchu though
>>
>>30815975
They need to rerelease the event Pikachus from Battle Revolution and Dream World.

Volt Tackle, Surf, Thunderbolt, Light Orb: what's not to love? all of this unnecessary meme rat shit like costumes is stupid
>>
File: CUTE.gif (468KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE.gif
468KB, 500x344px
Fantastic but simple design. The mascot was always going to be shoved down everyone's throats, but Pikachu just pulls it off so well without being overly annoying, because it has a certain modesty and lovableness to it. A toughmon like Charizard as the mascot would have been gotten much more grating by now.

My only complaint is that it has such poor stats; they give it new toys every generation, which is a nice thought, but it's still not very usable. I'd love to body people with Catastropika, Gamefreak, but come on. Light Ball Thunderbolt hits about as hard and isn't a one turn thing. I wish it had gotten something like Eevee's Extreme Evoboost instead.
>>
Don't really hate him, but don't really love him either. Does a good job as the face of Pokemon.
>>
>>30815975

little bastard was better when he was fat
>>
>>30815975

I like rodents but i am a contrarian, therefore i dont like him because hes famous. i would settle for a lesser one if i had to choose a pet
>>
>>30815975
actually adorable.
>>
>>30815975
Cute, but Raichu is cuter.
>>
>>30815975
It's alright. I despise the Pikaclones, though.
>>
File: Red's_Pikachu_Generations.png (538KB, 634x376px) Image search: [Google]
Red's_Pikachu_Generations.png
538KB, 634x376px
>>30815975
Superior chuchu
>>
Cute. I like him. Always try to get one in Blue just for shits. I think I like pichu's design more, though, and Alolan Raichu is definitely my new favorite of the whole family.
>>
>>30819408
Alolan Raichu is how Raichu should have looked all along
>>
>>30815975
love him, but i love raichu a lot more
>>
File: 1477230684177.jpg (20KB, 402x228px) Image search: [Google]
1477230684177.jpg
20KB, 402x228px
As Riachu is close enough to my real life name ive always liked pikachu for being able to turn into it.

Also as far as mascots go its pretty good. Simple, Memorable, merchandisable, recognizeable by a large portion of the world on sight.
>>
>>30819437
I like regular raichu well enough, but Alolan Raichu is just so much cuter. And a more interesting type, too.
>>
>>30819517
>more interesting type
If a bit contrived, other electric types don't have any trouble levitating
>>
>>30819530
Eh, I'll take it. Type combos are fun.
>>
File: 1460374757623.png (21KB, 698x548px) Image search: [Google]
1460374757623.png
21KB, 698x548px
Can't really judge.

It's hard to describe, but to me Pikachu isn't even a Pokemon anymore. It's like some sort of faceless cosmic force. A meme.
Hearing it say "PIkachu!" in the games since XY has only hammered this in even more. Whatever it is, it shouldn't be mentioned among the others. No this does not imply disrespect. It's simply not fair to the others.

One thing I WILL judge is how shitty it is that Pikachu gets things at the expense of others, and how tacked on it can seem.
WHY is Volt Tackle exclusive to that line when it's Electric's Double Edge, Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, etc equivalent?
WHY does a fucking cosplaying Pikachu get Icicle Crash before actual Ice types?
WHY do we get stupid pika clones every generation?
>>
>>30815975
I love the little bastard. Bros since day 1.
>>
File: hugachu.png (224KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hugachu.png
224KB, 500x500px
Have you hugged your electric mouse today?
>>
>>30815975
I like it.

>>30816032
I just realized she probably gets paid the same amount as all the other designers despite designing one of the most iconic characters of all time who is probably worth billions as a mascot. Really, a lot of her designs are the more popular ones. Business as usual, but still.
>>
pikachu is unironically my favourite mon and I have him in my party every game
>>
>>30819757
>artist
>japanese
>woman

probably gets paid shit
>>
>>30816027
you take that back
>>
>>30816032
>>30819757
WAIT

Who?
>>
Pikachu is old and busted

Mimikyu is the new hotness
>>
File: 1481349624680.jpg (591KB, 1610x1616px) Image search: [Google]
1481349624680.jpg
591KB, 1610x1616px
>>30815975
FUCK YOU
>>
>>30819804
Atsuko Nishida designed Pikachu. She also designed Eevee, Whimsicott, and Zoroark, amongst others.
>>
>>30815975
Cute and a good mascot, but i wish they would stop adding random fucking gimmick versions that aren't region variants to it
It's fucking stupid that we're getting ash-pikachu as another fucking gimmick that is mostly guaranteed nontransferable, like why the fuck even bother? plus the fact they wasted a fucking slot for a real fighter in pokken just for fucking pikachu libre gives me many levels of brain cancer one thought only possible here
Like fuck man, either make the fucking gimmicks transferable or don't make them at all
>>
File: egg.jpg (7KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
egg.jpg
7KB, 232x217px
Pikachu has come a long way design-wise. Used to be shitty, now it's slightly less shitty.
>>
It's the only Pokemon my mom can name.
>>
>>30815975
Loathed it as a child when being contrarian was cool.

Kind of like it now.
>>
>>30819870

I've also heard she designed Charizard.

How can one milf whose face we don't even know be behind so many of these ultra popular designs?
>>
>>30819846
>not wanting Pikachu to hug Mimikyu and let it know it is loved
>>
>>30815975
It's not my favorite Pokemon, but it's cute and I definitely don't hate it.
>>
>>30816027
Kill yourself.
>>
I fucking hate it. New maskot when?
>>
File: yes.png (89KB, 259x335px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
89KB, 259x335px
Is this true perfection?
>>
Pikachu is great.

> That episode of the anime where Darkrai gives it a bad dream, all of Ash's other mons start speaking and evolving at will, and poor Pikachu is so utterly dumbfounded that it runs away screaming
>>
As a long time fan, I might've been conditioned to love it. I whole-heartedly enjoy.
Hell... I have one ultra-autistic thing about em.
My dad got me into Pokemon; my copies of R/B/Y and Silver were all his and I played on his files. Ruby and Sapphire I mostly played and he did grinding for my team while I was asleep or at school while he was off or staying up late. Fire Red was the first game I beat myself, properly. Migrated that Lv100 team up to Diamond... only to lose it a few days later. The only thing I had left to tie to this game, my first solo experience, was a child of my Raichu from that game was sitting in Platinum. That Pichu ended up being my Raichu through Heart Gold and, since, I've used a member of that "Bloodline" in a team in every region so far. Waiting for PokeBank to breed the future Psychu on my third run.
>>
What existing Pokemon could've also worked as a mascot of the series?
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 1248x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 1248x1920px
>>30815975
Used to love Pikachu when I was 6 and had shit taste.

Pikachu is shit, overshilled, old and used and Mimikyu is the new hotness.
>>
>>30822847
Eevee.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.