[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a stupid idiot who smells like poopoo fuck you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

how the heck do the Choice items work? it says they "Only allow the use of one move," but does it mean that they'll restrict you from using your other moves, or that it'll only AFFECT one move? Either way, how would you choose which move to power up? and why are these things regarded so highly if the former is true?
>>
>but does it mean that they'll restrict you from using your other moves

This is correct.

Why haven't you tested it yourself in-game OP?
>>
The former, and because you can either switch out at the knock out, or you literally need nothing more.
>>
That means you only get to use one move till you switch, but it makes the move more powerful
>mon used Surf
>Can only use surf till defeated or switched out
What's so difficult to get?
>>
The first move that the pokemon uses is the only move it can use until it gets switched out.

If you gave a pokemon a choice item and it used Tackle, it would only be able to use tackle until it gets switched out.

They're rated so highly because Specs and Band increase your attack power by 50%, and Scarf makes your pokemon 50% faster.
>>
>>30815104
>does it mean that they'll restrict you from using your other moves

You pick a move, and as long as that Pokemon is out, it can only use that move. In return, your Attack (Choice Band), Special Attack (Choice Specs), or Speed (Choice Scarf) is multipled by 1.5x.

In order to switch moves, you have to switch out then switch back in.
>>
You can only use one move for the the remainder of you being out on the field and that move's power will be increased. If you switch out then switch back in, you will be able to select a different move, however you will be locked in to only using that move for the same reason as before. They are use so frequently because x1.5 damage makes all the difference.
>>
>and why are these things regarded so highly if the former is true?

It's an instant power boost unlike having to risk a turn to use Swords Dance/DD/CM/Nasty whatever
>>
>>30815104
They're pretty much there to secure kills
>>
>>30815104
Choice items work like this:
You get a 50% boost, but you get locked into the first move you use. You choose which move to power up by thinking wisely about what your opponent is gonna do, and what move would be best played in the grand scheme of the battle. They're so highly regarded because IT'S A 50% BOOST.
>>
>>30815104
After you choose your first attack, you will be unable to use any other attack until you switch out. For your other question; singles is cancer and encourages endless switching. Choice items see much less use in doubles.
>>
>>30815208
thank you for giving the most accurate description, anon. I thank thee

>>30815137
As for your question, these things are very expensive in BP, and i don't want to waste my points on something i might regret
>>
>>30815287
>As for your question, these things are very expensive in BP, and i don't want to waste my points on something i might regret

I haven't played every game, but what entry doesn't have choice items in the overworld?

*checks pedopedia*

wooo theyre only Facility exclusive after gen 4 mess.
>>
>>30815104
>or that it'll only AFFECT one move?

Anon, you just gave a fantastic idea for a new type of item. Shame it'll never be implemented but that would be so cash.
>>
Is scarf or band better for adamant weavile?
>>
>>30815287
>As for your question, these things are very expensive in BP, and i don't want to waste my points on something i might regret

just use showdown
>>
File: 4.jpg (33KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
33KB, 1280x720px
>>30815969
>adamant weavile
>>
>>30815287
>I thank thee
You must be 18 years or older to use this site.
>>
>>30815104
Next time use google you retard.
>>
>>30816365
This. Waste of a thread. OP, your writing is cringey as fuck, you're a humorous irredeemable faggot.
>>
>>30816365
He could have also tried it out on showdown.
Would've taken ten seconds.
>>
>>30815287
>>30815104
retard OP

leave and never come back
>>
>>30816338
I'm pretty sure at least 50% of /vp/ is under 18 including you. Maybe 20 at the oldest and that's being generous.
>>
File: a68.png (301KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
a68.png
301KB, 520x678px
>>30815154
>Rollout
>Outrage
>Uproar
My God
>>
>>30816470
more like underage

>>30817384
thees
>>
>>30817997
only viable ones are petal dance and outrage since the former two are awful moves. Keep in mind they still get confused though.
>>
>>30815969
A new weavile is better
>>
>>30817384
>No, YOU'RE underage!
Fuck off, kid.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.