[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fake DS Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Front-Counterfeit-Pokemon.png.jpg (63KB, 350x414px) Image search: [Google]
Front-Counterfeit-Pokemon.png.jpg
63KB, 350x414px
>Want one of the DS pokemon games
>Can't buy from eBay because counterfeits
>afraid to order from Amazon for same reason
>None of my gamestops carry DS anymore

Am I fucked? Where can I buy a copy of Platinum that I'm 100% isn't fake? There's Brand New copies for $30 on eBay, but I don't trust that for a second.
>>
I bought the fake one, it's cheaper and plays exactly the same.
>>
i bought a copy from gamestop
>>
>>30813071

They don't check DS games for authenticity. I'm sure they sell fakes constantly.
>>
>>30812984
As long as they work with Gen5 for transfer, it should be good enough right?
>>
>>30813147

Yeah, but you would always know your copy of the game is fake. I may as well use a flash card at that point. I want one for collection purposes before the inevitable Gen 4 remakes make the price skyrocket on legit copies.
>>
>>30813084
fakes don't usually come with the box and instructions
>>
>>30812984
>>Want one of the DS pokemon games
Why?
Why would you want to pay a premium to own the absolute worst Pokemon games ever made?
>>
>>30813266
Balltism.
>>
>>30812984
DStwo. You can buy one for the same price and get everything.

>>30813266
Don't you mean ORAS?
>>
Ordered Gold from a national electronics distributor

>notice logo is awfully disproportionate
>sticker is kind of loose
>game runs fine
>i contact said company stating it's fake
>they replace my game very fast without explaining where the game came from
>the only thing i stated to them was that the cartridge looked weird and that it probably was fake

Do they knowingly sell fake overpriced copies?
>>
tfw have real:
>Diamond
>Platinum
>HGSS
>BW
>BW2
from retail on release date
>>
>>30813046

Buy an R4i and get the ROM instead.
>>
Go to flee markets, ask friends too. Got a few Pokémon games from friends. Leaf green(free), emerald(free), platinum($10). Friend also wants to give Gale of darkness if she can find it (said she'd buy it for me if she couldn't) if you buy off eBay make sure to buy complete with box and somewhere in description they say it's authentic. Got silver, Jap gold, Jap yellow from eBay all complete with box and manual. Only gotten consoles at flee markets (never over $20) but you'll probably find some cheap Pokémon games if the seller doesn't know how much they're really worth. Guy was selling red only cartridge with scratched sticker for $60 for example so avoid those people.
>>
>>30813218
>I want one for collection purposes before the inevitable Gen 4 remakes make the price skyrocket on legit copies.
The fuck are you talking about? The only old games worth a damn are Gen 1 and 2 because of nostalgia. Gen 3 is under $10 on ebay
>>
>>30813255
They sometimes do though. I remember I bought Tetris DS with box and instruction and the instruction booklet was giant text walls made by the faker himself presumably
>>
>>30815793
>Gen 3 is under $10 on ebay
those are all fakes
>>
>>30814950
I worked in a used video game store. Not the store itself, but the online distribution center where we'd sell the extra used shit online. We'd constantly get a fake Pokemon games in because the people working the stores accepted them without knowing how to spot a fake (and we got some pretty bad fakes, include a Ruby Version with Groudon on the sticker). We'd USUALLY catch them, but most of my co-workers generally didn't give enough of a fuck to destroy them unless it was an obvious fake.

Fakes got sent out often enough that we'd just send a replacement when it happened without asking any questions.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.