[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we stop injection? Or at the very least heavily discourage it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 32

How do we stop injection?
Or at the very least heavily discourage it
>>
by making the games good
>>
Have a way to determine which Pokemon are injected or not, and ban the one who injects from online play. Also make injected mons untradable and unbreedable.
>>
>>30810169
By allowing players to:
>Change natures via capsule.
>Access Hyper Training by level 50 OR make Bottle Caps easier to acquire. The dual lockout is unnecessary.
>Transfer owned Pokémon of which they are the OT from any non-Master, non-Cherish, non-Beast ball to another non-Master, non-Cherish, non-Beast ball in the player's possession. Doing so consumes the ball that the Pokémon is transferred into, and the old ball is not returned.
>>
>>30810197
The problem with hack detection is inevitably that hackers get better at hack detection than the system itself, and so consistently avoid anything that would be detected as a hack.
>>
File: 1473449129620.jpg (19KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473449129620.jpg
19KB, 250x200px
>>30810169
It's impossible. You have to realize that if there's an easier option, lots of people will flock to it.
Those 800 eggs for that one shiny is 10 seconds in injection time.

I'm not an injector though. But people should be allowed to enjoy a game however they choose. Even if you don't agree with it.
>>
>>30810169
You faggots will never learn.
>How to stop injection
Make Pokemon completely customizable at LV.100, change nature, IVs, etc. at will. Breeding is tedious, besides:
A Pokemon that is injected with legal stats will perform the same as a regular competitive Pokemon. Though you autists want to think your wasted time was worth money.
>>
>>30810220
This. only reason's i switched to injecting. not to mention breeding is annoying once you have other things to do.
>>
>>30810169
We call the internet police
>>
>>30810169
>>30810242
This.
Cheating is impossible to stop.

But, GF should really get it's shit together and crack down on cheaters in official events, online play and services and competitions.
>>
>>30810169
Take away all the bullshit that is required to have a competitively viable team. IVs, EV training, nature's, hidden abilities locked behind random shit.

Basically put PKHex into the game.
>>
>>30810302

GameFreak literally can't do anything because the cheating is also impossible to detect.
>>
>>30810169
How do your parents live knowing that they spawned you?
>>
>>30810251

Grinding a pokemon to level 100 is tedious too, I'd honestly rather breed at that point.
>>
>>30810302
Basically this as well.

But really, cheaters will find a way around any potential roadblock. It'll just make them craftier.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 748x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 748x411px
>>30810328
>beastball porygon2
>impossible to detect
Most injectors are retards anon.
>>
>>30810242
>people taking the easy road
People are pussies.
True honor in challenge and time investment is dead.
>>
>>30810169
The only way to stop it is to make creating competitive Pokemon in-game so easy and braindead that injecting becomes a waste of time.

And that will never happen
>>
>>30810356
>One person is "most injectors"
>>
The day the breeding process stops being tedious is the day the injecting will stop.

>inb4 I bred a whole comp team in 3 days how is that tedious????
>>
Remove IVs and change Hidden Power to a separate customizable value. Remove pentagon bullshit. Make natures changeable through Amie or some bullshit so I don't need to SR legendaries. Make it easy to grind.

Hacking will always exist on hackable software but breeding just isn't fun. Soft resetting isn't fun either.
>>
Bottlecaps readily available (as in, bought from pokemarts for 1000 monies available.) Can be used at any level. Bottlecap to set speed to 0 IV's available.

NPC that changes a pokemon's Hidden Power type.

The only way to discourage cheating is to make the alternative just as easy.
>>
>>30810365
>challenge
Time investment, I'll give you, but there's no actual challenge involved in breeding a competitive team. Just time and tedium.
>>
>>30810302
>GF should really get it's shit together and crack down on cheaters in official events, online play and services and competitions
woof woof
>>
>>30810356
Im pretty sure pkhex actually tells you that the mon isn't legal if you try and shove it into the beast ball as a genderless gift mon. he knew damn well what he was doing.
>>
>>30810394
>breeding just isn't fun
Not at the autistic level necessary for competitive 'mons, but the chains to get egg moves onto the right species can be kind of enjoyable. Just having the stock in there with Ditto is boring as fuck, though.
>>
Why are the EV items inaccessible until you do that lucha libre bullshit?
Do they REALLY expect you to win with your shitty team?
>>
>>30810410
Is time investment not a challenge in and of itself? Does dedication mean so little these days?
>>
>>30810451
I do actually enjoy the eggmoves mechanic, love glaceon luxray breed to make an ice fang shinx.

But overall i see why people inject. If i didn't update my 3ds i probably would too,
>>
>>30810465
Pretty much.

People these days use the:
>i got better things to do
meme

tbqh i wonder why they even bother playing the game if all they do is ruin the fun of it
>>
>>30810465
EV tranining is a justifiable investment, everything else is simply not
>>
how does the injection works?
>>
>>30810465
Not really, and it makes no sense either, if you want a challenge then you would be reverse IV breeding your mons to have the worst possible IVs and try to win against people on the battle spot.
Thats a challenge. running around in the taurus cage hoping that the destiny knot ditto with 4 IVs passed down the correct set to your soon to be breedject is not a challenge it's a chore.
>>
There is nothing the playerbase can do to fight injection without a hostile takeover of Nintendo's 3DS servers

Installing software via update that aggressively bricks the 3DS if there as so much as an extra file folder within the 3DS
>>
>>30810500
I like battling. breeding eggmoves. but not IV breeding or nature breeding.
>>
>>30810169

Allow us to tailor our Pokemon the way we want them. Maybe through a trader in-game who offers us identical Pokemon to the ones we have aside from natures and stats. You pay the person to look for the Pokemon you're looking for.
>>
>>30810365

The only thing challenged is the person who has so much time on their hands to breed perfection. Some of us have actual things to do in our lives.
>>
>>30810708
>Some of us have actual things to do in our lives.
>>30810500

Boy, why do you even care to buy the original games?
Use showdown.
>>
File: 1463690071196.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463690071196.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>30810500

>Having better things to do is a meme

Jesus Christ the delusion has reached its pinnacle.
>>
>>30810336
No, you wouldnt.
>>
>>30810648
Nintendo would only ban the console from online if they could detect stuff. Custom firmware could also patch out whatever tracking they put in before you got banned.

The 3DS is BTFO, it will take a new console like the switch for them to do anything
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 480x362px
>>30810378
>/vp/ is one person
>one retard can't be all injectors
Fuck you anon it wasn't even the only case of stupidity at VGC
>>
>>30810732

Are you implying people in the world don't have better things to do?
>>
>>30810745

Breeding and EV training is easy as shit now, so yes, I would.
>>
>>30810765
No, but, if you have better things to do than play the game by it's rules... why do you bother, if all you do is just ruining the game for everyone else that plays legit?

That's pretty fucking childish tbqh
>>
>>30810169
You can't. But better GTS/WT/VGC checks on illegal balls/"met at.."/movesets can filter out a great many retards who can't into subtle injecting.
GF will probably never abandon IVs so expect cheating in all future installments.
>>
>>30810493
I think 11.2 can still use OoT3dhax
>>
>>30810242
Those 800 eggs to get a shiny just make it lose its point when you go online and see a bunch of hacked shinies. Its sad and ruins the feeling of accomplishment for those that worked hard for it.
I believe this is their main reason to be mad and they are quite right to be so, because after all, one is the way to play, the other is a hack.

It is true that regarding competitive battling, there's really no problem with injecting. But the feeling of accomplishment is completely ruined when there is such an easy way to cheat it.
>>
>>30810810
More like any checks on illegal balls.
Anyone else remember the dream ball Aegislash?
I don't remember anything past the fact that someone had one and it was some official thing, and it was posted here.
>>
>>30810896
It happened again recently with a Beast Ball Porygon 2.
What's odd is that they do have official rules against certain illegal balls, Master/Cherish Balls from the day care for example, but not others like the Aegislash.
>>
>>30810465
>Is time investment not a challenge in and of itself?
No, it isn't. No part of sinking in the hours presents a difficulty to overcome.

>Does dedication mean so little these days?
That has nothing to do with what I said. Dedication is a laudable quality, but that doesn't mean that investing time has any challenging component to it.
>>
>>30810809
how is he ruining the game for anyone who plays legit

you dont just sound childish, you sound like a fucking fag
>>
>>30810879
I'm sorry man but i just can't relate. This internal feeling of accomplishment just doesn't seem like a legitimate reason for some legitimate players to be so dickish about this subject.
>>
>>30810500
yeah man wtf why would anyone remove all the fun in running up and down with your tauros while looking at serebii's page for hours instead of challenging other people over the net
Last night my mom entered my room, saw me doing my usual breeding and told me "wasn't this a game about battling or something" and told me that maybe i should go out for a while, i swear that bitch is gonna get knifed one day or the other I HATE HER I HATE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER FUUUUUUUCK DON'T DISTURB ME WHILE I'M CONCENTRATED ON MY WORK
>>
>>30810169
>Remove the lvl 100 bullshit on maxing out IVs, maybe reduce it to lvl 50
>Make it easier to get bottle caps
>Or just remove IVs altogether
>Allow us to easily change natures
>Or make natures have no effect on stats and instead, add a new feature that takes care of that and allow us to change it easily
>Create some sort of arena where you can leave 2 Pokemon and have them teach exclusive moves to one another (Like if you leave a Decidueye that knows brave bird and a Skarmory there, after a while Skarmory will learn Brave bird), that would take care of having to re-breed for egg moves.

Done.
>>
File: 1470179373369.jpg (304KB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
1470179373369.jpg
304KB, 1280x974px
>>30810980
>Implying cheaters don't ruin any game
>Doesn't even try to argue my point
Pokéfuckingkillyourself, kid
>>30810988
And then there is this fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1473275834130.png (253KB, 329x305px) Image search: [Google]
1473275834130.png
253KB, 329x305px
>>30811029
That's pretty good.
>>
>>30810950
I guess the difference is for the other balls you can take a hacked one and breed it yourself, while for the event balls it's obvious that that specific pokemon is the hacked one.

Beast Ball Porygon is just too perfect a combo though.
>>
>>30810500
>tfw grow up with pokemon
>tfw love pokemon
>tfw 9-5 and paying rent/bills/student loans
>tfw gf

Kinda hard to autism out all day and run in circles to get a damn shiny. Cooler color pallets shouldn't take 10 hours to find. Pelago made EV training more customizable, and IV's are a matter of getting an injectorfriend to give you a ditto and fucking around for an hour on each thing you want to breed.

Yeah, showdown is a thing, but it doesn't quite have the charm that playing it on an actual system has. Might as well just inject it immediately instead of spending the hours I'd waste ultimately getting it instead.
>>
>>30810987
Well, they want to play but the injecting makes any feeling of accomplishment pointless. And there's no way of actually fixing that because people will just keep injecting.
The problem is that others who inject end up being dicks about it too just like those who don't, so there's really no winning here. I definitely understand the arguments of both sides and I do like both the grind and the competitive part so its honestly kinda hard to be perfectly happy with whatever I do.
>>
File: 1416676578632.gif (1MB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
1416676578632.gif
1MB, 236x177px
>>30811046
>Pokéfuckingkillyourself, kid
>>
File: 1481056317488.jpg (18KB, 410x371px) Image search: [Google]
1481056317488.jpg
18KB, 410x371px
>>30811151
>>
>>30811046
But the second guy is right. The only thing I will say is that hacking made it hard to play a casual match unbearable. But I think that's a side effect of tryhard competitive fags anyway.
>>
>>30810169

>get rid of IVs
>make Hidden Power manipulatible via consumable item.
>make EV training like Horde Battles+SOS on steroids
>make Pokerus extremely common and always in its infection state
>give us an absolute huge amount of Move Tutors so that Wish Chansey's are actually a feasable thing to obtain outside of hacking.

there. It won't stop injection, but it would greatly decrease it.
>>
>>30810579
3ds with homebrew or custom firmware
powersaves
>>
>>30810242
But doesn't that remove all sense of achievement?
>>
>>30811270
People just want the color of the shiny for that Pokemon, they don't care if it was rare.
>>
File: Dandy911.png (316KB, 463x557px) Image search: [Google]
Dandy911.png
316KB, 463x557px
>>30811218
If I had a hacked 3DS, which I do, I would still just take the faster option because I just don't have the time anymore to deal with that.

I don't wanna spend hours raising Pokemon when I can just jump straight into the battle.

>>30811270
Yes, the achievement of wasting an afternoon to raise one good pokemon.

I have a lot of favorites anon and want to try as many options as possible. It just doesn't seem like much of a reward for hours of mental exhaustion.
>>
File: sylveon2.png (751KB, 1046x716px) Image search: [Google]
sylveon2.png
751KB, 1046x716px
>>30811046
>>
By making sure that the judges aren't playing favorites, the Nugget Bridge IRC leaks flat-out said that the only reason why Rizzo wasn't DC'd for the Dream Ball Aegislash was because the judge knew him and would've DQ'd anyone else with a Dream Ball Aegislash on their VGC team.

And sending C&D letters to those chucklefucks at ProjectPokemon would certainly help as well.
>>
File: 1480290162146.jpg (110KB, 1000x847px) Image search: [Google]
1480290162146.jpg
110KB, 1000x847px
>>30811046
>>
>>30811116
Well, you don't HAVE to have a shiny, do you?
If you choose to breed a mon with a 1/4000 chance of encountering it in the wild or a 1/512 chance is breeding with a different region mon and shiny pin.... It's kind of your problem and not the game's.

Shinies are supposed to be rare.

Yeah, you could inject but, don't justify it and don't expect you playing in offficial events and everyone just being ok with that... even though it's the current sad reality.

>>30811194
No, he's not. But, i agree on this:
>that's a side effect of tryhard competitive fags

If competitive games and players would be more chilled and friendlier. we wouldn't have the problems we have today. You can pretty much translate this to any competitive game.

I get, you want to be the very best like no one ever was, but seriously, if you win by cheating and you get caught, what will stop people on the internet to "cyber bully" you into suicide?
>>
>>30811364
That wouldn't solve anything.
>ProjectPokemon starts again under a new name
>injectors hacking their Pokemon for competitions would just be smarter about it
>injectors who play the game because they like it rather than play in highly viewed competitions still get away
Honestly any time I see people complaining about injecting it just seems more like pointless complaining and salt.
>>
>>30811424
>current sad reality.
how is it sad when the Pokemon are the same as legit ones?
>>
>Easy method of reaching 100
>Hyper training not level locked
>Bottlecaps flowing like water
>All species available in game, only non legendary species version exclusive
>Method of changing hidden power type, ability, and nature stat modifiers
>Move tutors in every game
>Method of moving a pokemon to a different pokeball
>>
>>30811432
It is, you can just check by asking a legitimate question and seeing the response, no bait needed.
>>
>>30811464
>>30810879
>>
>>30811364
>Sending C&D letters
>Encouraging that
Anon that's tumblr tier bullshit. You're no better than someone trying to get someone fired for internet opinions.
>>30811424
I mean, if you get caught cheating of course you should get sacked. But my personal views on the subject remain unchanged in that I don't think it hurts the meta. I think competitive pokemon is a joke anyway.

That wouldn't even solve anything because PKHeX can be hosted anywhere else and not to mention it already does its job. Stopping it now wouldn't matter.
>>
>>30811432
>ProjectPokemon starts again under a new name

Not if it ends in a lawsuit, especially if it can be traced back to the same people.
>>
>>30810169
easy. Scratch IVs and natures from the game. I know Pokemon is trying to be as "realistic" as possible, but that's not necessary in a GAME.
>>
>>30811482
So you're saying that the sight of what may be an undeserved different color of pokemon that someone else has actually makes you emotional enough to say it ruins it for you?
>>
>>30811482
>muh feelings
>muh rare shiny!
Fuck off, battles are about the skill not about circlejerking over "rare" pokemon.
>>
File: IMG_2141.jpg (50KB, 593x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2141.jpg
50KB, 593x452px
>>30811498
>Protecting your IP from those tarnishing it.
>Tumblr tier bullshit.
>>
>>30811524
It wouldn't change anything. PKHeX is already a thing and if the new Gen came out, someone else would just pick up the source code and continue the project under a different name. It doesn't even have to be SciresM.

It's inevitable.
>>
>>30810240
If Nintendo was willing to play the cat and mouse game with the hackers, they would always have the edge simply because they know their code. Too bad Nintendo's a shit company when it comes to anything that isn't making games.
>>
>>30811538
Its fine if you can't relate. But that feeling is still there for whoever tries to get things legitimate and feels proud of it. Just imagine you studying 5 years of your life in university and someone skipping it all just because he's a genius. Of course the actual impact is not the same, but the feeling is kind of like it.

>>30811548
Shut it, faggot. This is not just about battling, its about playing the fucking game. If you're just looking for a game to confirm your battle """skill""", just go play showdown.
>>
>>30811579
I said ENCOURAGING it. Obviously Nintendo and GF are aware of it but the only people butthurt about it are people like you who hacked the site to begin with.

So this is more of a problem with the fans than the developers.

It's not YOUR IP so stop protecting it for them.
>>
>>30811579
>thinking an IP can be tarnished by fans

are you retarded?
>>
>>30811464
They may be "legit" in terms of stats but, you didn't work for it like a legit player does.

>>30811498
>I don't think it hurts the meta
Of course, it doesn't, Anon. But, the meta doesn't have anything to do with the message i'm trying to get across.
>>
>>30810242
>But people should be allowed to enjoy a game however they choose. Even if you don't agree with it.

If this were a single player game with no possibility of multiplayer, sure. But online, whether it's battles or trading or whatever, stuff like perfectly bred IVs/chained egg moves/etc. an shinies lose their value when a bunch of smug children can fabricate all of it in a minute.

Injecting is both cheating AND devaluing parts of the games for other players, there's really no excusing it.
>>
File: disgusting.png (191KB, 337x499px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
191KB, 337x499px
>>30811659
Wanna know a secret? I stopped liking Pokemon when the meta first got big and people were all into breeding and chaining for IVs. The competitive nature itself devalued the game for me because it meant my starter and all of my pokemon were worth shit. So don't act all high and mighty and claim hackers harmed the series.

It's the competitive fags in general. They're the whole reason hacking is even a thing. And quite frankly, I'm glad.
>>
>>30810708
That's what online simulators are for, my friend.

It would probably be better to admit that you just enjoy cheating, and feel good about getting away with it. No need to justify it, just admit that you have room to grow as a person and move on.
>>
>>30811628
Thanks for not being an infant about it. I really can't relate now but i can say i did feel that way maybe 3 or 4 years back but now it's more of an intrinsic feeling where i'm proud of my crap IV shiny gigalith but if i see someone using a team of all shinies with perfect IV's it doesn't take that feeling away.

I hope more breedfags can join me on this in the future.
>>
>>30810169
Put the next gen on a new console before it's hacked.
>>
File: 1472772615097.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1472772615097.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>30811659
This. So much this.

Remember when legendary event pokémon where truly legendary?
Who the fuck had a Mew 15+ years ago?

>>30811743
>I stopped liking Pokemon

Then why are you even here? Seriously.
>>
>>30811844
Because SuMo rekindled what love I had for the series.
>>
>>30810970
I think a better comparison would be working out for those who play competitive sports.

They both represent an investment of time and effort without competitive difficulty (setting a schedule and finding out the best way to maximize gains is like figuring out how to get all your egg moves and reliably breed for desired natures and IVs).

Coincidentally they both also represent a barrier to entry that people sometimes try to circumvent through illegal means (injecting perfect mons and using performance-enhancing drugs), because they feel that rules don't apply to them and lack the willpower to put in the time.

Unfortunately, unlike in the world of sports, there aren't any foolproof ways to detect cheating in Pokemon and when it does happen, it's often met with turning a blind eye.
>>
>>30811116
Being this entitled is hardly becoming of you, anon. Hopefully such a negative quality doesn't seep into other aspects of your personal life.
>>
>>30811628
>go play showdown
implying I already don't
>you don't have the right to battle online in game if you don't play bike simulator for X many hours
Well I've been doing it since Gen 4 and won't stop now, enjoy the autism box.

>>30811836
XY had a small time when you couldn't inject anything, but powersaves came out. The Switch may stay secure for some time but it will be hacked eventually or the carts will be editable somehow.
>>
>>30811341

i know it's been mentioned a few times but if you want to "just jump into battle," there are thing's like showdown made exactly for that by people that also want to "just jump into battle." of course i can't stop you from cheating but don't try to justify it
>>
Why does anyone care? Im a breederfag but why does anyone care about other people enjoy the game?
>>
>>30811932
That was the best time in XY. You would actually get a good proportion of bred Pokemon from Wonder Trade instead of 95% quick ball Abras and Route 1 trash.
>>
>>30811873
I still don't agree with that comparison because any knowledgeable person who studied the meta make a team and do well in a battle vs someone who raised their team from scratch.

And how about this? Trading. I could just trade for a great team and not have raised them.

>>30811943
I don't wanna play a simulator though. This may sound retarded but I prefer the flashy 3D animations.

I know it's cheating. But the cheat is so mild compared to using cheats to get one hit kills that it's not even comparable to steroids.
>>30811906
Please stop projecting. I bet you thought the people that bullied you in high school would grow up to be drug addicted losers too.
>>
>>30811988
I'm a breedfag too and it affects me because less people breeding means receiving less good trades and me having to do more prep work for breeding or simply not having anything good to MM with.
>>
>>30811743
Hey buddy, you don't have to play competitive if you don't want to.

Play through the story. Take up challenges like Nuzlocke and monotype runs. Make comics about your adventures.

People getting competitive about the game can only impact you if you try to be competitive and don't take the time and effort to keep their pace. However, people who cheat at the game do have an impact on people who play the game the same way (ie. competitively) because they are on the same field, except one group of players gets their results instantly, and forces other players to stoop to their level of cheating if they want to stay on the cutting edge.
>>
>>30811932
>you don't have the right..
>implying
Play the game however the fuck you want, anon. Just don't try to justify your actions if you're not even playing the game how it should be played.
>>
File: Gay Kevin.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Gay Kevin.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>30811988
Psychology. They feel insulted that someone can spend 5 minutes building their favorite team vs spending days on their own.

To them, it's like raising money for a sports car, then walking out of your 9-5 job to see some rich kid get handed the same model from mommy and daddy for nothing.

>>30812057
I have a job and go to university full time. I have other games I wanna play and am not gonna waste my time with that. But I'm also not gonna stop myself from injecting because someone on the internet feels like I should care.
>>
>>30812047
that doesn't sound like a legitimate reason at all. Theres already tons of trades going on at once. Only the people that give a shit will trade them. Even when I have leftovers I just release them. I don't have time trying to get rid of them on gts. Also it's not like making breedable mons takes long. Iys only IVs that take,time.
>>
>>30811995
Wonder trade is a waste of time too. XY and gen 6 was so shit in general, I hardly played the meta until ORAS on showdown or in game because of how shit Kalos was. But I needed a break from Pokemon after putting in so much time in 2009-2012.

>>30812064
>Play the game however the fuck you want
I will.
>>
>>30810879
Shinies have never mattered though. Like if a shiny is important to you then it shouldn't matter if someone else hacked one.
>>
>>30812011
>I still don't agree with that comparison because any knowledgeable person who studied the meta make a team and do well in a battle vs someone who raised their team from scratch.

And someone who had the same skill in tennis as another player but skipped on the workout aspects through illegal means would still be cheating, and in any respectable environment, would be both disqualified from competitions and reviled by the community.

>And how about this? Trading. I could just trade for a great team and not have raised them.

You're still getting a return from some sort of investment (whether you're giving something valuable in return or benefiting from a friendship you've developed), and even if you didn't, and even if this breaks from the working out metaphor, you're still playing the game by its rules, which ideally would apply to you whether you feel they should or not.

The problem is that, in most cases, these rules aren't being applied by people who participate in official tournaments or use official services, but that still doesn't justify actual, literal cheating.
>>
>>30812119
The thing is, Anon. You can inject but, don't bring that shit near other players.
>>
>>30812191
Nothing ever mattered for that same logic, anon. Getting something rare feels great to some just like beating a hard battle does to others. That's the problem with both sides of the argument, both are too close-minded to see what bothers the other side.
>>
>>30812011
>Please stop projecting. I bet you thought the people that bullied you in high school would grow up to be drug addicted losers too.

One of them ended up overdosing on something (heroin, I think?), I feel a bit hollow inside whenever I think about it.

I'd still say that being entitled is a bad quality, and that trying to justify cheating in a video game is probably one of the least harmful ways that entitlement can manifest. That kind of makes it more pathetic, though.
>>
>>30812207
>thinking injecting performance enhancing drugs is the same as injecting pokemon

You are deluded. Lmao
>>
>>30812119
>I have a job and go to university full time. I have other games I wanna play and am not gonna waste my time with that. But I'm also not gonna stop myself from injecting because someone on the internet feels like I should care.

Good for you. I teach for a living, but still find time to invest in games I enjoy and bicker with random people on an imageboard for an IP aimed at children.

You shouldn't stop injecting because someone feels you should care, though. It just means you've got some growing up to do.
>>
>>30812266
I don't think playing Pokemon competitively is in remotely the same level as playing sports professionally. That's kind of the point of parallels, though, to illustrate similarities between subjects of different scale.
>>
>>30812209
I'll do whatever I want anon. Hacking my pokemon doesn't mean I instantly win online battles. FFS I won 1/10 battles yesterday. And you no what? I had fun.

>>30812265
>justifying cheating
I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm only answering your questions.

Every thread it's the same shit
>why do people inject
>why are you hacking
>why are you cheating
Answer:
>Because life
>Because job
>Because school
>Because I wanna battle without having to do it through a simulator
>Because I don't care
>Because Pokemon isn't serious business

There. Stop making these stupid fucking threads. I gave you every answer but you still won't be satisfied.
>>
File: 1436393005951.gif (381KB, 512x800px) Image search: [Google]
1436393005951.gif
381KB, 512x800px
>>30812306
>It just means you have some growing up to do.
Maybe you should stop taking a children's game so seriously before you start lecturing others on the finer points of "growing up" senpai.
>>
>>30811364
Literally in the rules document that you can't be punished for mons that pass the electronic hack check and the specific criteria for the manual hack check. Neither of those blocks dream ball aegislash or beast ball Porygon or whatever the latest circlejerk is, so they're not getting DQd no matter who uses them
>>
>>30812151
>IVs take time
>can catch wild Pokemon with four perfect IVs
I bet you use a 6 IV Ditto.
>>
>>30810465
Nigga I've gotta pay bills and playing bike simulator for 12+ hours a day usually doesn't put food on the table.
>>
>>30811602
>not realizing hackers have already decompiled the games and have the source code
>>
>>30812357
>Hacking my pokemon doesn't mean I instantly win online battles
>I won 1/10 battles yesterday
>I had fun.
Yeah, because you don't know the feeling of working hard for something and in the end to be for fucking nothing.

I want to see you people's reaction when in real life someone comes along with no fucking experience and steals any of your "success" by paying someone else for it.

But, hey, at least you had fun, amirite?
>>
>>30812486
This is always the thing with adamant anti-injectors: you blame your losses on other people cheating and stealing away your hard work, when you have 0 proof of that. 99% chance that you're just fucking bad.
>>
>>30812486
>You didn't breed your Pokemon
>Therefore you've never worked hard for something in you WHOLE life
How about you go fuck yourself before you invalidate my Biochemistry degree anon.
>>
>>30812357
This.
Dont forget the thread being filled with shitty fallacies and >Dont try to justify it

People feel like beating an injector is a testament to their skill as a player, in a turn based rng game.
If they get beat by an injector It somehow excuses their loss or makes them upset for some reason underminding the actually decent battles between 2 players having fun.
>>
I don't inject but I appreciate the 6IV injected Dittos from our hacker friends desu.
>>
>>30810879
As a legit player, I really don't give a shit though. Just because someone can gen an exact copy or a better copy of a pokemon that I worked hard to get doesn't detract from the fact that I put in the hard work and made it happen. The only time that my fellow legit peers had a leg to stand on was gen 5 and before where hacking perfect mons, while TECHNICALLY possible to encounter ingame would take immense luck or thousands of eggs to even approach with how finicky breeding was. Now it's easy to breed perfect mons. I worked hard to get a 6IV dad in each egg group in lieu of a 6IV Ditto, and I put my time in on bike sim to make my teams and get my shinies. Just because someone else can do that in half an hour doesn't invalidate my work or my pride in myself for doing it.

You have to ask yourself why you care about what the others are doing. If it's hurting your self esteem that someone is getting things faster than you and making you feel like it's not worth it then ignore them. Focus on your accomplishments and feel good about what you are doing.

If it's because you don't get to show it off to other people and get praised or attention for it because other people have it and they shouldn't have it because it's unfair, get over yourself. Shinies are cool but they aren't an amazing thing to get especially when you stack the odds in your favor. It's no longer a 1/8000 shot at a shiny and the effort to get it is impressive but possible for any one of the millions who own the games.

Care about what you yourself are doing. Not what everyone else is allowed to do.
>>
>>30812582
You're always welcome in /ekx/ senpai.
>>
>>30810169
Are you sure you aren't just salty your skills at battling are terrible???? I bet most people complaining about injecting are the same ones that believe choice specs sucker punch is a good idea
>>
File: 1469419375970.jpg (13KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469419375970.jpg
13KB, 238x250px
>>30812544
>Implying cheating isn't wrong to begin with

>>30812558
>my Biochemistry degree
>Implying you wouldn't have cheated yourself one if you had the chance
Anon, please.
>>
>>30810169
>tfw every MUH LEGIT POKEMON fag uses injected 6 IVs dittos to breed

Fucking pathetic hypocrites lmao
>>
File: baitsponge.png (577KB, 680x526px) Image search: [Google]
baitsponge.png
577KB, 680x526px
>>30812701
You're not even trying anymore.
>>
>>30812589
Nah, its not about self-esteem. Its about value. This is a community and things have value to it or not. Showing off your shiny online when battling won't get anyone impressed because they'll most likely think they're just hacked. I just fought a guy with a full shiny team on battle spot and I instantly assumed he was an hacker, but who knows, maybe he got them legit and worked hard for it. Work that won't be acknowledged by anyone.
I understand where you're coming from and working for it is definitely fun in its own way. But there are people who don't care just about that when you go from single player to the community, after all we are all different. Just as there are some who inject just because they are busy and others do it just because they are lazy and then go shitpost about how retarded breeders are.
>>
File: 1477793599016.jpg (339KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1477793599016.jpg
339KB, 1280x1440px
>>30812740
Still doesn't make my claims less valid.
>>
File: 830.png (367KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
830.png
367KB, 600x600px
>>30812747
Oh shit it's someone who isn't butthurt on either side.
>>
>>30812057
Hey buddy, you don't have to inject if you don't want to.

Same shit
>>
>>30810220
this is the biggest thing. making it so that cheating is the more tedious option (needing to get a powersaves, hacking your DS) than doing it legitimately is the biggest way to make more people take the honest choice over cheating. also, they should make HAs accessible in a manner similar to hyper training, maybe at level 80?
>>
>>30812701
>>implying cheating isn't wrong to begin with
Tell me where I did that. Oh that's right, you can't, you're just avoiding dealing with the fact that you're a fucking scrub who needs a strawman to blame their losses on. If you only lose because of injectors why don't you go top the showdown ladder where you're on equal footing.
>>
File: 1470449853779.jpg (49KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
1470449853779.jpg
49KB, 568x320px
>>30812822
>Still justifying cheating
>>
>>30812747
>caring about other autists recognizing your autism and praising it
>>
>>30812747
Did he have a shiny Mimikyu?
>>
>>30812701
>cheat biochem degree
>get biochem job thanks to degree
>employer realizes you know nothing
>get sent to prison for counterfeiting degree

Not even once
>>
>>30812863
>not even trying
Bad b8 0/8
>>
>>30811646
>See MLP

I may be an injectorfag but lets think for a second
>>
File: Alyssa.jpg (42KB, 350x700px) Image search: [Google]
Alyssa.jpg
42KB, 350x700px
>>30812773
Anon, the most genuine answer you'll ever get on this site.
Your whole argument is based off of the assumption that I have no pride whatsoever because I cheated once in a video game.

This is basically thought policing in that I can't physically display my conscience to you. But in the same regard I can say you've never accomplished anything that you've said and we reach a stand still.

So your point was never valid, because you are arguing for an impossibility. I can say that I would rather earn my degree and you wouldn't believe me. And I can say that you'd rather inject Pokemon if you had the right firmware. You'd disagree and I'd never believe you. This is the crutch of anonymous posting.

Call me butthurt now.
>>
>>30812874
Shiny Metagross, shiny Porygon-2 and the ugly shiny Dragonite. Honestly, its like he was just making them shiny for the sake of being shiny and not because he actually liked the look. Of course, I didn't see the rest of the team so I only assumed.
>>
>>30810220
That wouldn't fix shit. Still have to EV train, still have to grind HA, still have to breed eggmoves, still have to deal with gender for certain evolutions.

The only way to stop injecting is to remove all this autism that pokemon introduced since gen 1.
>>
>>30812747
It shouldn't matter what people think. If they want to be butthurt and accuse your having a shiny Salazzle on you hacking it when you worked hard hatching/chaining for it, that's their hangup. And in my experience, for the most part, people just honestly don't care. They see a shiny, go "probably hacked" and move on without throwing a fit or commenting. Your actions only really affect you and your sense of fulfillment. If other people hack then they're hacking in their own little circles without you. And there are plenty of people who are still legit, either out of principle or because they can't into hacking and atleast legit makes sense to them.

This isn't the old days where you see people with mons set to 999 in each stat. There is no unfair advantage that cannot be overcome by sheer time and effort.
>>
>>30812935
>implying gen 1 didn't have IVs
>>
>>30812965
Gen 1 fags call them DVs instead because speedrunning and being unique.
>>
>>30812912
>Call me butthurt now.
Nah, you actually made some good points.

But, it still doesn't change the fact that cheating is wrong and if you want to cheat to better enjoy the game, you better do that offline instead of trying to claim "fame" in the competitive scene and still not admitting of breaking the rules.
To be clear, I'm not directing this to you personally.
But, do people really enjoy competitive for the competition.
I don't think so.
>>
File: 1479311170004.jpg (63KB, 733x736px) Image search: [Google]
1479311170004.jpg
63KB, 733x736px
>>30812863
>he soft resets to ge the right nature and IVs on his legendaries
Nice cheating, I bet you are angry you can't do that for Tapu Koko, cheater. GF should make all the Legendaries have a hard ass fight and a huge ass unskippable cutscene previous to the battle and after the battle in order to discourage cheaters like yourself from soft resetting to get muh perfect legend.

You should just accept your Legendary the way it came.
>>
>>30812922
>hatch a shiny Dratini out of random luck
>feel compelled to use it
>that ugly green/purple color scheme
I don't know what to do.
>>
>>30812965
DVs and Stat Exp.

Compare to IVs, EV spreads, natures, abilities, hidden abilities, egg moves, gender. That's not complexity, that's pure autism.
>>
>>30812955
>This isn't the old days where you see people with mons set to 999 in each stat. There is no unfair advantage that cannot be overcome by sheer time and effort.

It's just come out recently there are people doing this at tournaments. It turns out "locked" battle team Pokemon can still be edited after they are locked in which allows you to manipulate your team after it's checked
>>
I don't know why injection is so frowned upon.

The reason I play so much is because of injection is because of injection. I don't have to sink multiple hours into one pokemon and instead couls be ready to have the team I want in minutes.
>>
>>30813040
>I bet you are angry you can't do that for Tapu Koko, cheater

It respawns after the cutscene if you kill it dumbass
>>
>>30813149
You don't even have to buy or download the game to battle, but you did.
>>
>>30813040
>You should just accept your Legendary the way it came.
I do.
>>
>>30813149
>because of injection is because of injection
I bet you inject so much that sometimes you inject two of the same pokemon.
>>
File: Bullree.jpg (7KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bullree.jpg
7KB, 500x500px
>Catch the story Solgaleo, completely unprepped
>Adamant
>31 Speed, Defense, Sp. Def
>22 HP
>5 Attack

For the first time, I saw just why people hack their Pokemon. This is some goddamn bullshit.

>Hey, you can fix that... at level 100 :^)

Yeah, such my blistered cock Game Freak.
>>
File: Quarter Life Crisis.png (366KB, 740x720px) Image search: [Google]
Quarter Life Crisis.png
366KB, 740x720px
>>30813034
I think competitive pokemon is a joke so you'd never find me in some tournament.

I only do random battles and I lose those most of the time anyway because I use my favorites and don't structure my overall team around a specific point of attack. I only do it so I'm not swept without putting up a fight.

I'll never say it wasn't cheating but I think of it as a method of trading. It's still cheating but that's my personal take on it. And I understand why people don't like it, but I still see a gray area.

Thanks for not being a fag about it though. You're pretty cool in my book.
>>
>>30810493
If you have OoT 3D and a power saves you can access homebrew
>>
the ONLY way to stop it is to make ingame breeding as easy as injecting. that's literally the only way. either that or get rid of the dumb mechanics that make people hack in the first place, ie IVs and natures.
>>
>>30813140
There's 0 evidence of anyone actually doing this though. And considering that all the players I know who use CFW have a separate clean ds for tournaments out of paranoia, I doubt it will be done.
>>
>>30812582
This. I find just casually grinding for pokemon bred as I like to be somewhat relaxing. The only times that breeding really infuriates me is when it's something stupid like trying to get a female Salandit with the right IVs and rolling 5 of 90 that are female with ALL PERFECT EXCEPT SPECIAL ATTACK.

Most of the rest of the time, though, it's just grinding shit out. I think it's a damn shame that we can't change natures on one-off pokemon, though. Natures have more of an impact on stats than IVs do, so catching a Tapu Koko with the wrong nature and not finding out until later is a pretty big slap in the face when the Battle Tree is filled with tryhard bullshit from the word "go".
>>
File: 1481173575427.png (113KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
1481173575427.png
113KB, 500x290px
>>30811029
I like the cut of your jib, anon.
>>
>>30812446
damn even a legitfag inst good enough for you people.
>>
>>30813170
>killling the legendary
GF should go back to doing the same as previous Gens and just make the Legendary disappear forever if you kill it.

WHY DO THEY ENCOURAGE SOFT RESET CHEATERS? Pokemon will never be an E Sport if this shit keeps going.
>>
>>30812446
Once you get a Destiny Knot and any pokemon in the Field egg group with a single perfect IV, you can make almost any non-genderless pokemon with 6 IVs given enough time.

If I recall, there was even a list of 6 pokemon that you could breed to just about anything from.
>>
>>30813350
>6IV Ditto
>legit
I suppose there's 1/1024 chance of getting one this gen, but lets see people justify the ones people have with other OTs on their info screen.
>>
I have 4 3DSs and I am injecting imperfect pkms with autismball appel and HA (2-3ivs) and "trading them" at wg. They will never be abble to differ the "legit" ones from mines.

Why? Because I can.
>>
File: ImTriggered.jpg (3MB, 2384x3157px) Image search: [Google]
ImTriggered.jpg
3MB, 2384x3157px
>>30813475
YOU MADMAN! YOU MUST BE STOPPED!
>>
>>30813193
he wants to play the story/in game, plus get the nice graphics for online
>>
>Bottle Caps work at Level 50 and make the regular ones easy to get, make the Gold ones harder to get
>Easy to get pills for Natures
>Rare Pill for HA
>make Hidden Power completely unrelated to IVs and let it be random at first, add a training feature that let's your Pokemon change its Hidden Power to the one you want
>make eggs easier to hatch, allow the usage of the D pad and automatic Tauros run
>update patches for Broken Pokemons like Mega Kangascancer last gen
Done
>>
>>30813298
IVs have a larger impact when you're trying to get minimum speed for Trick Room which also sucks because you can't use bottlecaps to make IVs be 0 for such cases.
>>
>>30813391
He's not making a legitimate point just trying to shut down any fellow breeder from having an opinion different than his own.
>>
>>30812544
>9% chance that you're just fucking bad.
Well, they DID spend all their time being autists ingame instead of getting battling experience.
>>
File: Lysandre lion king.png (399KB, 844x657px) Image search: [Google]
Lysandre lion king.png
399KB, 844x657px
>>30813391
I tried doing the easy route with a 6 IV pokemon against a regular wild caught one. After three months I never got anywhere. At best I got close but not close enough (20-29 IV).

Some people have crap luck. It's hard to blame them for wanting to inject two perfects so they can breed something that doesn't suck and didn't take three months to do.

Or they can trade their legendaries for 6 IV pokemon that probably were bred from injected parents. What would you do, friend?
>>
>>30813140
Then that's bullshit and TPCi and GF need to fix whatever exploit is happening. But that's on them to correct and give punishment to those people breaking the rules. If they can tell a person is for sure injecting then I agree with them being punished. But few are actually dumb enough to leave obvious hacks. Dream Ball Aegislash came up because a big name player hacked, and fans knew, TPCi knew, but TPCi couldn't nail him on the rules for it because impossible balls weren't a rule and it passed the hack check. And nailing a high profile player on a technicality in the rule book would cause furor in the competitive community that's already small and frail compared to the TCG. They have human checks in place now and more standing in the rules to dump someone on an impossibility, but only if they catch it. Hence the current beast ball stuff. Ultimately it's up to them to catch cheaters and put things in place to stop cheating. But since their decryptions are laughably bad and their hack checks are lenient and a human can only accurately check off only so many pokemon visually before missing one, there's still room to always improve.

It's going to have to come down to something like QR team registration and an internet connection at tournies. Teams have to be submitted off of your cart for scans and judge approval, and you have to load that QR out of the event's database for each fight. That's the only way I see them getting even close to foolproof
>>
>>30810454

you wanna be competitive you have to compete. you have to dedicate yourself to what ever your competing in. it's like any other competitive environment. football players don't bitch about working out why would you bitch about moving your thumbs any extra
>>
>>30812911

Don't forget Nintendo sending those C&D letters to known porn artists.
>>
>>30813589
>football players don't bitch about working out

If they could get away with using steroids, you bet they would without thinking twice.
>>
>>30813577
>teams have to be submitted of cart for approval
This wouldn't even stop anything because it's piss easy to make a mon look legit. The Aegislash Dream Ball is hilarious in that regard because it's fucking hilarious that someone could be that stupid.
>>
File: 1470921910651.jpg (187KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1470921910651.jpg
187KB, 600x450px
>>30811046
>>
>>30813589
One of those gets bitches on your dick though.
>>
>create a fun game that lets you design a pokemon in say 10-15 minutes of playing
>sell it on the eshop for $10
>can deposit in pokebank

They'll never do it and it won't stop all injecting, but it would do a ton to reduce the amount of it.
>>
>>30812446
It's easy to get 6IV fathers by working your way up. Especially by starting with an evolved baby mon in gen 6 or some other good breeding stock and using your links through egg groups to get everything done. Shit might be a bit harder to link in gen 7, I'm just waiting to transfer over my males from last gen instead of restarting, but SOS gives you a pretty good starting point for any egg group with 4 IVs guaranteed.
>>
>>30813648

which is generally frowned upon as a shortcut and an unfair advantage.

>>30813666

>liking a fun and cute part of most young peoples childhood can't possibly get you laid

dude pokemon is one of the normiest or norm geekdoms out there. it aint impossible to get laid by talking about pokemon with a girl
>>
>>30813589
What if I traded for my team?

How is injection any worse than getting my breedfag friend to trade me a good team? No one is giving their pokemon impossible stats

Pokemon isn't srs business. Stop thinking like it is.

This is boiling down to you being upset people get handed good things.

Cry the ends justify the means all you want but claiming a fallacy doesn't automatically invalidate an argument like you think it does.
>>
>>30813648
You realize they both use steroids and work out, right?
>>
>complaining about injecting when Ash Greninja comes with fixed IVs and is already EV trained
Even GF injects now
>>
File: 14579172986640.jpg (40KB, 911x490px) Image search: [Google]
14579172986640.jpg
40KB, 911x490px
GF should make a legit way to obtain a 6 IV Ditto not RNG-wise. For example like they did with 40th encounter. Let it be a 500th encounter for a 6IV one. That would be time consuming but in the end you will get your reward. I like battle spot and postgame AI battles but it bores the shit out of me to spend hours and hours running in circles and combining Dittos. I want to enjoy an aspect i actually like. Never used pokegen myself but got some Dittos from here for breeding.
>>
>>30813594
Hey I never said any of that, but the MLP IP is probably less valuable for their target demographic because of autistic fans. I'm no marketing executive though.
>>
>>30813474
I wont justiy those, but i got pokerus legit in my run so its possible.
>>
>>30813563
I'd not give two shits and take the injected pokemon. I don't care enough about competitive to go through the effort of injecting myself and I don't care enough about injected pokemon to try to keep my game "pure" on some misguided sense of fairness.

Injection and Hacking are legal because the system doesn't stop it. As far as I'm concerned, any pokemon that a judge says is OK is legal.
>>
>>30813656
It's why you have judges look it over before events. Judges know their bullshit. They've been doing this for years in most cases, most are familiar with TCG decklist checks and those are bigger nightmares. The difference is that in VGC tournies if you have 20 minutes to look at 200 3DS screens and scan 6 mons for hacks, that's one second the recall anything fishy about those mons that the hack check wouldn't look for. And I'm sure in one second out of the corner of your eye, that dream ball would honestly look like a heal ball.

This is why you hear this happening all the time at big events rather than small ones. Much easier to catch a problem if there's 12 players rather than 600.

So yeah I think if you had to submit your team say, 24-48 hours early online (or end up with extra scrutiny on-site), giving judges a chance to look at and flag mons and discuss with other judges, you'd see even Dream Ball Aegislash kind of stuff go away, and hackers being much more careful about theirs tracks to stay out of sight.
>>
>>30813765

no this is me being upset that the majority of this scene doesn't understand true competition. how competitive are you when you get copy pasted teams genned up for you and so does your opponent? why even play if you're only playing against something that wasn't conceived of or even earned by who you're competing against? what this comes down to is people thinking that trying is stupid so they bring something awful into the childlike wonderful world of pokemon.
>>
>>30810169

Go home Masuda, you're not fooling me.
>>
File: Dick Kickem.png (21KB, 712x402px) Image search: [Google]
Dick Kickem.png
21KB, 712x402px
>>30813941
>Bring something awful into the childlike wonderful world of pokemon
Are we gonna go here? Are we gonna do this?

You think your breeding mills don't ruin childlike wonder? Tossing out 8 boxes of imperfect pokemon because
>lol wrong nature
>lol wrong IVs
Are you fucking kidding me?

If we're gonna get touchy feely about this I'd rather take my 1 test tube pokemon than see hundreds of BREEDJECTS get tossed into the cold, hard wilderness.

Fuck off with that gay shit. Competition ruined the childlike wonder in this RNG ridden joke of an e-sport.
>>
>>30814019

yes we are gonna get touchy and feely because this is a kids game and your cynical adult logic has no place here. no one said anything about tossing out breedjects. you wonder trade them and make some kids day. you show that if you want something you have to work for it. you stop being a pussy and actually try. and if you lose because of chance in a game you don't cry about it.
>>
>>30814107
>cynical adult logic has no place here
You need to be 18 to post here underage.
Admit that you're no worse than a puppy mill.
Your wishful thinking is fucking laughable though, thinking everyone bothers with wonder trading BOXES of BREEDJECTS. And it's funny that you think test tube pokemon is inherently cynical because I think it's a million less Pokemon in the streets.
kys kid
>>
>>30814019
>hundreds of BREEDJECTS get tossed into the cold, hard wilderness
Considering the IVs they are probably Apex Predators.
>>
>>30814222
A lvl 1 apex predator.

Nice try.
>>
>>30811270
Not really. I hatched a Shiny Rockruff after 179 eggs then regretted why I spent 4 days on it when I had PKHeX and Homebrew.
>>
>>30814192

no i think your shit attitude is cynical. if you're gonna be obsessed with kids entertainment why be an asshole about it? that's just depressing. why do you do it? don't say that it's because your time is precious is some shit because either
>>
>>30813941
>>30814019
>>30814107
This is mostly (almost to the point of exclusively) towards the first and third post but get over yourself. Your feelings about what your favorite childhood franchise means to you and how it affected you is your viewpoint that you do not enforce on anyone else because ultimately that viewpoint is subjective and if you are an adult you let other people do things even if you disagree with them because it doesn't concern you and it's none of your business. They are not ruining pokemon for you and they are not damaging your childhood because they exist and have different feelings on the matter. Grow up and play the damn game the way you want and ignore people who play in a way you disagree with. There are plenty of more things to be upset about than "what actions other people do that would be fucked up in the Pokemon/Real world".

hell I get kinda sad seeing kids open booster packs and getting mad that they only got a Holofoil, but times (and card rarity) change. Nothing worth getting mad and yelling about.
>>
>>30811270
>Grinding and RNG counts as something to be proud of as an achievement.
>>
>>30814315
>if you're gonna be obsessed with kids entertainment why be an asshole about it?

>what this comes down to is people thinking that trying is stupid so they bring something awful into the childlike wonderful world of pokemon.
Talk shit, get hit.

And my time IS literally money now that I'm not underage. So once you get to my age you learn to spend your time wisely instead of autistically crying about fairness in a chinese trading card game.

I personally see nothing inherently wrong with test tube organisms. Porygon was a test tube baby after all. :^)
>>30814385
I was countering his appeal to emotion with my own. I'm not worried about what people do in this game on their own time but I agree with you 100%.
>>
>>30814385

you're right and i know that. that doesn't stop me though from still feeling like we as adults playing a kids game have a responsibility to at lease act like we're competing and not just being big fish in small ponds.

>>30814438

oh come on i'm sure what ever job you have isn't that serious. all i'm saying is that i think you're an asshole if you cheat at a kids game and you know what, it's fine if you think i'm an asshole for not liking that.
>>
>>30814308
>179 eggs
>4 days
Were you using only the hot spring at Pelago?
>>
>>30814531
No, I think you're an asshole for taking an RNG heavy children's game seriously and acting superior to those who don't.

And I pay my own bills and tuition. So even if my job is not the most important in the world, it is important to maintaining stable finances.

So I can't afford to bore myself into a rut before I can enjoy 1 online battle 1 week later between school and work.
>>
>>30812265
>justifying cheating in a video game
No, it's not cheating. It's playing the game to it's full potential whilst still having a life outside my 3ds and basement.

As an adult, you gain a fuck ton of responsibilities and can't autism out on a game like you do when you're a high school or college kid. As much as I'd love to waste my few precious hours of free time, I find that it is much more enjoyable to inject the things that will let me enjoy said time.
>>
>>30810169
as long as perfect mons made by bike autists and hackers are identical, you cant detect it.

you could only do something about the reasons why people hack, which is simply bypassing a randomization based, time intensive process that has no challenge or difficulty behind it but only depends on time and luck.
>>
>>30817647
or you could introduce online tournaments that only allow unoptimized mons or disable IVs/EVs in pokemon for the battle
>>
>>30811046
The irony.
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.