[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this thing such a piece of shit? >mediocre HP >mediocre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 1

File: kommo-o.png (175KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kommo-o.png
175KB, 500x500px
Why is this thing such a piece of shit?

>mediocre HP
>mediocre speed
>mixed attacking stats that aren't high enough to be useful
>4x weakness to fairy and four other weaknesses

I thought Goodra was lame, but at least it was usable. This thing is dead weight.
>>
Play the game before commenting.
>>
Why do people that hate Kommo-o love talking about him?

Are you faggots tsundere or something?
>>
>>30807194
You forgot about how its best fighting move is just Sky Uppercut.

They probably intended its gimmick to be Shell Smash, then chickened out on letting it have it
>>
>>30807194
Its stats were designed with Shell Smash in mind, but they pussied out at the last minute
>>
>>30807228
>implying they aren't saving it for the move tutor in Stars
>>
>>30807194
>4x weakness to fairy

You say this as if it's relevant

No one uses non-STAB Fairy attacks, and it has Poison Jab (physical) or Flash Cannon (special) to deal with Fairies
>>
>>30807228
Just make him special and give it focus miss. His signature move is actually really fucking good. People just obsess on using a DD one but he works with Specs and maybe even a scarf mixed too.
>>
>>30807194
You're probably the type of person who hates on any mon until you see someone else succeed with it at which point you hop on its dick. Why don't you play with it yourself or come up with sets on your own? It definitely has merits but you just want to be spoonfed since you can't be bothered to put 2 and 2 together.
>>
Wait until move tutors. Komo-o is basically "Pangoro: Pseudo edition", barely any moves to make good use off. Also let's hope they give it Shell Smash back, I don't even understand why they took it away from its movepool. Yet they let it and other yet unobtainable stuff like Intimidate Incineroar in the Battle Tree.
>>
>>30807275
>Using Focus Miss
Id almost rather choose Hidden Power Fighting
>>
>>30807194

Dragon/Fighting is too awesome of a type to be wasted on this.
>>
Can you imagine the retarded powercreep Pokemon would have if /vp/ developed the games? Every new Pokemon would have to be viable and out class every other pokemon.
>>
>>30807194
It just really needs Shell Smash or to do something that's not Dragon Dancing. It works really well on the special/mixed side
Close Combat when?
>>
>>30807365

Imagine Smogon designing Pokémon. For every good feature, they would get a nerf.

So all Pokémon are roughly equally weak. Communism.
>>
>>30807228
>They probably intended its gimmick to be Shell Smash, then chickened out on letting it have it

Explain
>>
>>30807379

All Pokémon with Shell Smash are slow and have low-ish stats.
On a Pokémon with already okay stats, it would be OP.
>>
>>30807275
I would've used special Kommo-o if it got aura sphere or something.

Focus Blast is so unreliable that I'd rather just use a different Pokemon if I have to use it.
>>
>>30807450
What about Minior?
>>
>>30807365
>Every new Pokemon
Not necessarily, but a fucking pseudo should at least be decent.

Even if you don't want to be retarded and give it Shell Smash, at least Aura Sphere would be something.
>>
>>30807450
Would it really matter since we now have "Tapu: the meta" and the UB's aren't to far from being to good for this meta.
>>
>>30807513

It has useless offenses up until rape mode.
>>
>>30807249
>No one uses non-STAB Fairy attacks,
wrong
very much wrong
>>
>>30807579
but doesn't that lowish HP usually mean that it'll enter rape mode fairly often?
>>
>>30807534
>Tapu: the meta

Don't give Smogon "good" ideas, pls

We'll look how everything balances out, but Shell Smash would be a bit overkill on this draggo
>>
>>30807245
>Stars
>Implying
>>
>>30807194
>mediocre HP
>mediocre speed
>mixed attacking stats that aren't high enough to be useful
>4x weakness to fairy (ice) and four (three) other weaknesses
So basically almost Dragonite.
>>
>>30807432
Some of the Kommo-o you fight in the battle tree use shell smash, which has lead people to think that it was probably going to learn the move earlier in development but it was removed later on and GF forgot to update the battle tree sets.
>>
>>30807432
You dont know about the Kommo-o in Battle Tree that knows Shell Smash?
>>
>>30807209
they might be, people were hyped for this guy including me. i still use him for the regular game but wont use him in online battles sadly. oh well there is plenty of pokemon i cant wait to set up and use in this gen.
>>
>>30807194
Don't associate Goodra with Kommo-o. It's worse than the Gen 1-5 pesudos, yes, but it is nowhere near as bad as Kommo-o. That thing is a legit disgrace to the pesudo-legendary title.

Seriously, how the fuck have we hit the point that a Fighting type in Gen SEVEN is stuck with Sky Uppercut as it's best physical Fighting STAB? Where did the dragon bias from previous generations go?
>>
All it needs is drain punch
>>
>>30807432
There's a Kommo-o in the Battle Tree that knows Shell Smash.
>>
shell smash kommo-o would be absolutely fucking busted, though
>>
>>30807600

Yeah, but the deal here is: you cannot Shell Smash effectively and then take another hit afterwards, since as soon as you become a good attacker, you're also almost deaf.
>>
>>30807194
You're forgetting that it suffers from Kyurem-Black syndrome where it is forced to use an objectively worse stat because the only Physical Fighting STAB it gets that isn't retarded is Sky Uppercut. Holy shit was DRAIN PUNCH too much to ask for or do they objectively think forcing this thing to wait close to a year for a third release for tutoring was somehow a good idea?

It's even more hilarious when you consider that Gamefreak went ahead and included Salamence and Garchomp, two Dragons that VASTLY outclass Kommo-O, in the same fucking regional dex. You can get Bagon on the first fucking island for fucks sake. They explicitly went out of their way to set Kommo-O up for failure

This entire Gen is just plagued with bad ideas
>>
>>30807724
Isn't the whole idea to abuse the defensive form to get the smashed shells and then sweep in rape mode?
>>
>>30807633
Dragonite has multi scale which pretty much guarantees a free dragon dance and with its monster attack stat it will sweep for days.
>>
>>30807249
what is
some m-sableye sets
alakazam
m-absol
some espeon sets
some gengar sets
celebi

I'm sure there's more but you get the point
>>
>>30807678
>Where did the dragon bias from previous generations go?

It's gone, they explicitly stated that their reason for introducing Fairy was because Dragon had gotten out of hand.

>When we first decided we wanted to bring the type into the world, we wanted to find a way to balance the stength of the Dragon type. But no one wants us to weaken the Dragon-type Pokemon, so we decided to come up with something that could go against a Dragon, so that’s why we came up with the Fairy-type.

Dragons aren't "special" anymore, they're just another type now.
>>
>>30807209
You assume we hate him when it fact we're pissed that he turned out bad.
>>
>>30807793
dragons are still special. Still one of the best types in the game they just have added a second special typing that counters it. Fairies and dragons are both elevated(? not sure exactly what word to use here) typings which is why they're both resisted by steel(representation of man and man made things)
>>
>>30807579

At least in the battle tree it depends on how retarded the AI is. If they blow their first turn doing anything besides attacking then I can get two shell smash off and it won't even matter that I still have shields up, since chances are pretty high that they at least take SE damage from EQ, stone miss, or acrobatics.
>>
>>30807737
The sad thing is, I'd consider running Brick Break over Sky Uppercut. They couldn't even give it Hammer Arm or Superpower or Storm Throw. They screwed this worse than Pangoro with fighting moves.
>>
>incomplete evolution line
>>
>>30807755

Yeah, but my point is:
- Kommo would be able to take another hit and attack effectively at the same time, while
- Meteno cannot.
>>
>>30807981
But Minior while in Shields Up can still deal out some damage and take hits.
>>
>>30807194
I love how Tyranitar, a pseudo introduced in generation TWO, managed to stay better and more relevant than every single one who came after except Garchomp.
>>
>>30807194
Might be good on UU.
But otherwise
>Tapu Lele used Moonblast!
>>
>>30808164
Garchomp is fucking hax i swear.
>>
>>30808164
Mega salami?
>>
>>30807459
you literally will never really use your fighting stab. clanging scales, flamethrower and flash cannon are the moves you will mainly be hitting. especially as there is only one main steel who doesnt care about flamethrower and he is handled by a partner dugtrio
>>
>>30807793
Maybe dragon wouldnt be so dominant if the pseudo legends they made, all with high BST and giant movepools, werent almost all dragon.
>>
>>30807584
There is only two i can think of and they are Play Rough Tsareena and Mega Alakazam with dazzling Gleam. It is not used by a lot that doesn't get stab. hell some fairies don't even run fairy moves, Bulu
>>
>>30807637
Forgetting Barrier Dragonite that Lance had
>>
>>30808164
Mence
Metagross
>>
>>30808323

THIS. Dragon "Type" is perfectly balanced. Dragon "Pokemon" are OP as fuck.

Fairy "Type" is overpowered as a motherfucker holy fucking shit it's ridiculous. Fairy "Pokemon" are pretty average.
>>
>>30808389
Gengar runs Dazzling meme sometimes as well
>>
>>30808250
>>30808407

I was talking about base forms, not taking megas into account. Even then, consider that Salamence aged like a bag of milk in Gen 6 and it took an absurdly retarded Mega to breathe new life in it. Meanwhile Tyranitar is going on pretty much unchanged since Gen 4 and is still as good as ever. Hell, it didn't even run its Mega last gen.
>>
>>30808451
Ttar is only relevant because of sand
>>
>>30808389
You forgot Mega Absol and Liepard occasionally. I think even Bewear runs Play Rough sometimes (if it gets it, can't remember).
>>
>>30807761
That's the thing, Dragonite was the poor man's Salemence for 2 generations. Kommo-o just has to wait a bit, or in Flygon's case, wait forever.
>>
>>30808480
It doesn't get it.
>>
>>30808182
Nah, it just has a perfect stats distribution for a physical attacker
>108/130/95/80/85/102
Just compare it to Kommo who is supposed to be a mixed attacker
>75/110/125/100/105/85
You can clearly see why the manlet dragon was doomed from the start
>>
>>30808515
Ok since I wasn't sure (although it should get it).
>>
>>30807737
You forget that usually Drain Punch is added during the follow up game via move tutors. The first game in a new gen never gets the good move tutors and plenty of mons get much better after receiving access. Case in point: Greninja, Chesnaught, Slurpuff
>>
Its stats are fine, its just its awful movepool
>>
I feel like since Garchomp, they've been really conservative with the pseudolegends. Sure, Hydreigon has the ridiculous coverage, but it evolves really late and has mostly balanced stats.

Goodra has amazing Special Defense and a good movepool, but a pure Dragon typing and low physical defense, with fairly average stats in everything else.

Kommo is like clearly meant to be more "balanced" statwise, but without a particularly good set of STABs and not enough HP to be bulky. The lack of Fighting STAB that is reliable and good is the biggest issue here. I mean, no Close Combat?

Shame, I love the look of Kommo-o, and Dragon/Fighting is one of the coolest typings so far, but it's not been capitalised on so far. Doesn't help Jangmo-o being rare and late as fuck either.
>>
>>30807245

>Stars
>not Eclipse

Anon pls
>>
>>30807808
He turned out ok. he really only has a STAB issue. Given his access to both swords dance and rock polish and dragon dance and autotomize and really good special coverage and good defensive abilities like overcoat. Seriously he'd be on par with salamence sans mega if he just had better fighting STAB. I mean only three pseudos make use of their secondary STAB not counting mega mence or sub dd fly Dnite
>>
>>30808719
It's not even a lack of reliable/good Fighting STAB, it's a lack of Fighting STAB worth a damn.

Sky Uppercut is so bad you can actually make an argument for using the BP 75 Brick Break over it.

It's literally the new Flareon.
>>
>>30808832
Whats wrong with flareon
>>
>>30808850
It had no good physical fire STAB until gen 6 where it finally got Flare Blitz....just when entei got sacred fire
>>
>>30808850
Until Gen 6, Flareon's strongest physical Fire STAB was Fire Fang, meaning it did not have a high power STAB attack to take advantage of base 130 ATK with. Cries of "give Flareon Flare Blitz" were common in those days. Entei also had that issue until a HGSS event distributed a shiny Entei with Flare Blitz; to this day it is the only way to have an Entei with Flare Blitz (although Gen 6 gave it an even better physical Fire STAB in Sacred Fire).

Kommo-o is nowhere near as bad off as Flareon was to be fair: it does learn Outrage as a strong physical Dragon STAB and it's signature move of Clanging Scales is a great special Dragon STAB.

At least it's not Kyurem-B.
>>
>>30807793

When are we going to get more dragon types thrown into a dex that aren't pseudos or legendaries, but are treated like regular pokemon? There are fucking eleven non-pseudo/legendary dragons (evolution trees combined as one).

As crappy as X/Y were, I feel like it was a good step towards normalizing dragons (adding three normal dragons, more than any previous gen).
>>
>>30808832
>Sky Uppercut is 85 bp
>brick break is 75

i don't get it
>>
>>30809093

Because brick break has 100% accuracy and breaks shields I imagine.
>>
>>30809093
Sky Uppercut is basically Icicle Crash, except it doesn't have a 30% flinch chance.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.