[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Generation 2 Breeding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon_Stadium_2_(NA).png (786KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Stadium_2_(NA).png
786KB, 800x580px
I've been wanting to beat this game's version of Round 2 for a long time and I was wondering if someone could help explain how breeding worked in Gen 2? I didn't start competitively breeding Pokemon until Gen 3 so I wasn't sure how IV's (DV's in Gen 2 I think?) worked or even get passed to the offspring? Also what are the best mons to have for each Cup?
>>
Never played that game, but I know one weird mechanic of gen 2 was higher IVS for shiny pokemon (mystery egg and Gyarados are easiest to get), if that helps.
>>
>>30806870
Don't spout misinformation if you're not sure, fag.

DVs range from 0 to 15. A shiny is made when its DVs are 10 in every stat, with some wiggle room for Attack. That's like having a Pokemon with 20 IVs in everything. They're one third weaker than they could be.
>>
File: 1442027005459.jpg (4KB, 151x121px) Image search: [Google]
1442027005459.jpg
4KB, 151x121px
>>30806976
So should I be aiming for 15 DV's in every stat? How does one go about doing that if you happen to know?
>>
>>30807060
Find an old DV calculator site and run the numbers like any other Pokemon.

You'll be at it for ages though. This was back when there was no way to influence stat inheritance; DVs were designed to individualize Pokemon, not optimize them. If you're that determined to have perfect Pokemon, you're better of hacking, and I don't say that lightly. Perfect Pokemon were simply not supposed to happen back then.
>>
>>30806822
Dunno how it works. Just breed and pray for the best. For little cup I used a Staryu, Abra and Elekid and rekt my way through. For Poke Cup you'll want a Tyranitar, Starmie and Alakazam with elemental punches.
Prime Cup just use Legendaries and fuck everything up and for Gym Leader castle just use anything so long as it's level 50 or above. Only real challenge here is Blue and Red.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.