[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, how do you feel about this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0505.jpg (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0505.jpg
240KB, 1920x1080px
Now that the dust has settled, how do you feel about this game?
>>
>>30804988
I feel like WHERE THE FUCK IS MY DLC
>>
fun, very pretty but ultimately suffers from design flaws and the overall shallowness of the gameplay
>>
>>30804988
It lost popularity quite a bit, at least in America.

It's a shame, too; it's something we've all dreamed of having for years.

Hopefully we'll Pokken again soon on the Switch
>>
Love how it plays, hate how so much of it devolves into forced RPS scenarios.

Lots of attacks only have one way to defend against them. Projectile spamming is too rewarding and safe, it's breakable but the skill required from each fighter is completely lopsided.

Not enough variety in field phase, it feels messy compared to duel phase.

Still no regrets, love the game, it's fucking gorgeous and fun despite the flaws.
>>
>>30805068
one of the reasons why I liked playing weavile is that several of your moves were just good at punishing people for trying to play RPS
>>
>>30804988
Boring, lame roster, one person is forced to use the WiiU pad, online is garbage
>>
>>30804988
It's fun though a bit shallow.
>>
>>30804988
Mediocre at best
It has some ups like graphics and pulling off extremely awkward pokemon like chandelure and empoleon, but holy shit do the downs fucking burden it so badly
Shallow as fuck roster, gameplay promotes long range spamming like chandelure's bullshit beam, and clones when didn't even need clones because there's over 700 established mons already
>>
File: dcb.png (88KB, 595x201px) Image search: [Google]
dcb.png
88KB, 595x201px
>>30806138
clones?
>>
>>30806317
Not the same guy but
Shadow Mewtwo/Mewtwo
and Pikachu/Pikachu Libre

Yeah they play differently but people have said that another Pokemon like Hawlucha or something would've fit way better than another Pikachu in a costume
>>
Fuck these fucking spammer.
I was playing like 10 minutes ago and I was always fighting a motherfucker with Suicune.
>>
>>30806357
it's not that big a deal imo given how well they stylised pika libre into the showboat wrestler archtype
>>
>>30806357
oh i forgot about shadow mewtwo and pikachu libre , i thought you were talking about the fire types
>>
I like watching the videos on youtube, but hoping they make a switch version because I'm not buying a Wii U just for Pokken.
>>
>>30806138
>complaining about spamming
git gud
>>
File: IMG_3351.jpg (32KB, 640x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3351.jpg
32KB, 640x364px
>>30805015

THIS.
>>
It'll be a mainstay for EVO years to come right? right guys? RIGHT?
>>
Kiting and projectile based metagame made the game absolute trash.
It's like if in smash all you used were projectiles and your melee didn't mean shit, which is a shame because the game actually has a good combo system.
>>
>>30806357
>Yeah they play differently
Then they aren't clones.
>>
File: 1480740694739.gif (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480740694739.gif
2MB, 480x480px
>>30806643
EVO dropped it because of how much of a huge fucking pain in the ass it was to set up. My friend's first pools match took 20 minutes to get going because the wii u was being fucky with the peripherals.

In the top 8 matches on the big main screen they had to redo a match because during one of the rounds the game suddenly went straight back to the menu with a 'UNABLE TO CONNECT TO INTERNET' error message. It was funny.
>>
File: Pt_lucario.png (530KB, 526x854px) Image search: [Google]
Pt_lucario.png
530KB, 526x854px
More importantly, how do you feel about all the hyper realistic artstyle redesigns of all the pokemon.
>>
>>30807052
Jesus Christ.
How much of a fuck up do you need to be to not be able to do a lan party set up?
>>
File: 1472647278799.gif (4MB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1472647278799.gif
4MB, 707x1000px
>>30807122
They're good. Weavile is cute.

>>30807124
This was during a lan setup.
>>
Well TPCi clearly dropped it, since how it's not at all a part of the major restructures they've been doing this year to the TCG/VGC competitive tournament season.
>>
>>30805027
There was a rumor that improved Pokken is comming to Switch.
>>
>>30807729
TPCi a shit
>>
>>30804988
>wiiU
Will never know
>>
>>30804988
The insane damage scaling on combos was lame as fuck

the top tier was really fucking good
>>
It's pretty hard to take screenshots, especially ass shots, but when you get it right it feels nice mang. It should play more like Tekken though, the struggle with balancing was real.
>>
I bought the game for Empoleon and I just want the DLC already
>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wii u

thats how i feel
>>
>>30804988
Great game, but was on a shit console.
And the lack of the DLC chars really hurt it too.

Hopefully a Pokken 2 on Switch will breathe new life into it.

>>30805114
>one person is forced to use the WiiU pad
this. asymetric gameplay does not work in these kinds of games.
>>
>>30807018
>Marth and Roy aren't clones because they play differently
>>
one of those games that i kinda want to play and seem cool in my head, but can't be assed to actually play.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.