[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

12 hour shift in Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

File: LqHvvRkl.jpg (66KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
LqHvvRkl.jpg
66KB, 640x360px
Now that the dust has settled:

what is the consensus on the 12 hour shift in moon? did it add (or detract) anything to the game, in your opinion?

I'm still deciding which of the two to get. are there any other noticable differences between sun and moon? I dont care about the version exclusives, but are there any gameplay differences like in Black/White with the different cities and the different general looks in nature, or in gen 3 with team aqua and magma.

is there any footage where I can see how this game looks/feels like at day and night? I'll play this game mostly in the evenings because I'm a wagie.
>>
>>30804695
It was a gimmick that did not affect my experience.
>>
>>30804695
It affected my Moon experience and I'm glad I can change it in the post-game.
>>
>>30804719
This. The only thing is that some towns have better night music (Panionla and Malie for example).
>>
You don't really pay attention to it. But it's cool that in the important cutscenes it's always night time
>>
>>30804695
>Now that the dust has settled what is the consensus on
Stop.
>>
>>30804695

Moon is non-canon but Sun has worse exclusives.
>>
>>30804751

Not all of them though. I played Sun and a bunch of "important" cutscenes happened at fucking night time because I spend all day working and going to college. The most embarrassing one was summoning Solgaleo at night.
>>
>>30804732
so, you didn't like it? care to elaborate?

I'm tending towards moon because I'll play in the evenings most of the time, and I like the day looks of Pokemon more than the night looks, which are usually dull. Are there any other differences at all, like in the story, or in the cut-scenes? I remember buying the sapphire remake over the ruby remake purely because I found the kyogre cutscene to be gorgeous

>>30804751
is there some place where I can watch the cutscenes to decide which one I like more? I'm not sure if I'd prefer the cut scenes to be at night or at day, though I'm pretty sure I prefer general gameplay in the day

>>30804765
>muh canon
>muh exclusives

can't be bothered to care about these, I just want the game that will be the most enjoyable experience
>>
>>30804791

I mean, me too, in Moon I mostly play at day time (in the afternoon). But when you summon Lunala, the game is put automatically in night time, the same with Solgaleo in Sun, where is day time
>>
>>30804834

Don't worry it's not all cutscenes. Mostly from the beginning of the game and then other important ones like when you summon Solgaleo/Lunala
>>
>>30804695
The Dusk Ball more effective during normal people's playing hours Bonus was nice.
>>
>>30804879

Dusk ball is ugly as a motherfuck though.
>>
>>30804879
but isn't normal people's playing hours after 6 pm, when it's dark outside (and therefore not dark outside in moon)
>>
>>30804898
SO am I so we're good together.
>>
There's a way to change from night to day and vice versa for things like aesthetics and the few wild Pokemon that occur only at day/night so this shouldn't be a big issue
>>
>>30804695
It's kind of shitty because I work all day and only get to play at night so I basically played Moon and my girlfriend played Sun, only with the wrong exclusives.
>>
>>30804695
Sun has Kiawe as a Captain, Moon has Mallow.
Sun has Buzzwole, the best UB, and Moon has Pheromosa.
Nebby Sun evolves into Solgaleo, Nebby Moon evolves into Lunala.

Those are the only two things you should care about. Pick whichever version you want.
The Day/Night difference and all other gimmicks doesn't affect the gameplay at all. I actually forgot about the difference until I saw this thread.
>>
>>30804695
I like the shift in Moon. I play in the evening after work, and I dont like in-game night darkening my whole playthrough
>>
>>30804949
>Sun has Kiawe as a Captain, Moon has Mallow.

This is incorrect. They are both captains in both versions and you do both trials. The difference is that in Sun you can post-trial battle Kiawe and in Moon you can post-trial battle Mallow.
>>
It's fine. Funny little gimmick.

As others have said it doesn't detract from the game in any way.
>>
>>30804964
this. fuck it, I'm just buying moon
>>
>>30804970
Phrased it wrong. Thanks for correcting.
>>
Night themes are best themes so thankyou moon.
>>
>>30804834
>so, you didn't like it? care to elaborate?
Pretty much I don't like it to be night time in a main Pokémon game when in real life the day is brighter than ever. It's all about immersion and how the day shift affected it.
>>
>>30805001
Change your DS's time.
>>
>>30804898
Thank god I don't have balltism.
>>
>>30805022
>DS

It has been more than 5 years. Fucking learn it.
>>
>>30805012
oh, that I can understand. I just don't like playing when it's dark ingame (most of the time at least, I like it when it only happens every once in a while), and I'll be playing at night. So, Moon it is.
>>
>>30804695
I bought moon and meant to switch to the normal cycle but never did. night in alola is comfy.
>>
File: Sad-Genie.jpg (15KB, 552x384px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Genie.jpg
15KB, 552x384px
>Be moonfag
>EV train Eevee with Pokerus
>No power items yet
>After long time I finally max special attack
>After battle Eevee evolves
>It's daytime in my game so I expect Espeon
>It's fucking Umbreon
>Reset and start over
>>
>>30805003
>Night themes are best themes
Wrong.

Festival Plaza Day >>>> Night

Which sucks for me since I have Sun and can only play at night.
>>
>>30805180
You know you could have turned it back to Eevee in Poké Pelago, right...?
>>
>>30805180
next time press b save then lvlup once
>>
>>30805212

What?
>>
>being a mooncuck
sun is literally better in every way
>>
>>30805200
You can use city themes in festival plaza after a certain level so my point still stands. Besides if you beat the game you can go to the moon world with solgaleo during the day at the altar of sunne.
>>
>>30805237
There's no point of this comment when trading exists.
>>
>>30805212
What?
>>
>>30805278
I had no idea about either of those things (only just made it to the post-game, plaza lvl 28). Thanks for the heads up!
>>
>>30805212

what?
>>
>>30805212
What?
>>
>>30804695
It triggered my autism so fucking hard when I played the early Moon leak. I hate it when there is nighttime in the games and I mostly play during the day, so it was dark for me pretty much all the time. I made a switch to Sun two weeks ago (the version I intended to get first originally) haven't regretted since.
>>
>>30805212
Quoi?
>>
>>30805212
N-NANI?!
>>
>>30804791
Huh? I played Sun at night and didn't get this problem. If you play at the wrong time, Lillie says to wait for the sun to rise (moon to rise in Moon?) and it skips forward to daytime anyway.
>>
>>30805212
¿Qué?
>>
File: Nani.png (103KB, 204x393px) Image search: [Google]
Nani.png
103KB, 204x393px
>>30805212
>>
>>30805300
Ok my bad I mean Solgaleo during the night. Lunala is Day
>>
File: just one bullet.png (116KB, 307x347px) Image search: [Google]
just one bullet.png
116KB, 307x347px
>>30804970
>be moonfag
>get mallow instead of kiawe
>but get dexio instead of sina
Why didn't they just put both in moon?
>>
It's good for people who mainly play at night and want to see the sun shining
>>
I mostly played during the night in real like so it was day in the game. I preferred the night look in the game so I set my system clock ahead 12 hours to make it a little 1:1 experience.
>>
>>30804695

Time shift doesn't matter. In, Moon, it's dark when it's light out in real life and vice-versa.

If you don't like it, once you beat the game you have option to change it to the other version's time-scheme.

The major difference story-wise is that in Moon the focus is on Lunala and in Sun the focus is on Solgaleo. Pick you like the name Sun/Moon more and whether you like seeing Lunala/Solgaleo more and you're done.
>>
>>30805212

he's right
>>
I find the time shift annoying because when it is bright outside and in my house from sunlight, the screen on my 3ds is super dark. I'm forced to use the brightest setting which i've never had to use before.
>>
>>30805212
Mwoya?
>>
>>30804695
i just changed the 3ds clock to match the real time
>>
>>30804765
Why is Sun the canon version? Genuine question.
>>
>>30804695
I have both and I like Moon more I think. I play late at night mostly and rather like the time off set. It can be a little annoying during the day when in the game it's night but generally it doesn't feel like an issue or detract from the game.
>>
>>30804791
they "wait" for the day to come to summon Solgaleo
>>
>>30807177
Moon is obviously canon, that dumb lion looks nothing like Nebby
>>
>>30808001
It does though. Cosmoem looks like Solgaleo's face.
>>
>>30804791
> The image of Solgaleo illuminating the night sky
> not fucking awesome

Anon plz.
>>
>>30808170

But he doesn't illuminate the night sky. See >>30807417
>>
>>30805212
Wat?
>>
>>30808190
Oh..I played Moon.
The image was cool in my head.
>>
>>30808123
Just the face isn't good enough

Lunala is literally stretched out Cosmoem, it's a perfect fit
>>
I played Moon mostly at night.
So it was almost always daytime when I played.
>>
I'm always plying late in evenings and it sucks having constant night.
That and Celesteela are my only regrets with Sun
>>
>>30805212
Чo?
>>
>>30805212
uwotm8
>>
>>30805212
De-evolution is a thing now?
>>
>>30808230
>a nebula evolves into the moon

You moonfags can't be this retarded.
>>
>>30807144
This. And, after you beat the champion, there's a thing you can do to make that 12 hour shift whenever you want.
>>
uh guys do we have /vp guide on breeding in sun/moon? I haven't been present for a while
>>
>>30804791
Don't want to sound crazy but when i arrived at the Solgalego cutscene i actually stopped playing until the next day.
Because i didn't want to live this moment at night.
>>
>>30804695
I get home at 4pm and I pretty much played the game perpetually at night in Sun as a result. It was kinda cozy.
>>
Usually play at night, hate playing during the in-game night time. God bless this gimmick.
>>
it detracted
>>
>work until past 6PM
>can't evolve Rockruff in Sun
>can't evolve Rockruff in Moon
Silly stuff.
>>
>>30804695
DESU since im neet af I should have gotten moon.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.