[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People are complaining about the battle tree even though it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: 804.jpg (209KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
804.jpg
209KB, 500x500px
People are complaining about the battle tree even though it's stupidly easy to farm BP now

People are complaining about breeding when we got the super quick Autism Box and can check IVs directly from pc

I guess people just want something to complain about for some reason?
>>
>>30799099
awful post
>>
IV from PC is fantastic but constantly rotating the stick for Autism Box is way less comfortable than the literally hold left or even just having to switch left and right every thirty seconds or so paths in XY

Also unlike Maison or Subway where you had easy peasy pre-evos in non-Super ranks to farm BP off of to prep with your in-game team you have to go up against semi competent teams from the start with the Tree
>>
>autism box
Fast but inconvenient

ORAS set such a high standard for easy breeding that SM feels like a huge step back
>>
>>30799211
What the fuck

Everything surrounding the breeding process is easier in SM, with the exception of getting a Destiny Knot (which is RNG or one hour in the battle tree)

>PC IV judge = cut down on time checking IVs by flying and talking to an NPC, then flying back
>send to box option when eggs are full = super convenient and maximizes eggs and hatch potential
>Any Flame Body mon is best for breeding now since Fly is inherent
>SoS chaining means great IVs starting as early as Route 1
>Pokepelago lets you EV train up to 18 Pokemon WHILE YOU SLEEP
>also lets you hatch eggs easier
>smaller Pokemon sample size means generally quicker knowledge of who has what egg moves; fewer egg moves on new mons
>shiny charm easy to obtain
>ball breeding made 100% better by the new same species 50/50 mechanic
>Johtp balls obtainable in game
>bottle caps exist

The list literally goes on and doesn't stop.

Do you even breed?
>>
>>30799815
>The list literally goes on and doesn't stop.
no it doesn't
>>
>>30799815
>Johto balls obtainable in game

Yeah, 1
>>
>>30799815
None of this shit has anything to do with the actual hatching eggs part
>>
>>30799957
Better than zero? Also trading exists. You can easily find Johto ball babies on the GTS, saving you from even using the (1).

>>30799882
Nigga every single thing I listed is an upgrade from last Gen. Is your complaint that you can't hold left and the right for 15 seconds and now you have to either Zigzag in a lightning bolt shape, make tiny circles, or make larger circles? How lazy are you? Seriously.

For all intents and purposes, breeding and hatching result time has been halved. If you can't figure out what to do with the rest of your free time, that's on you.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>30800109
let it be, this is a load of barnacles
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 876x833px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 876x833px
>>30800063
>none of this shit has anything to do with the actual hatching eggs pa-

Except
>send to box option when eggs are full = super convenient and maximizes eggs and hatch potential
>Any Flame Body mon is best for breeding now since Fly is inherent
>Pokepelago lets lets you hatch eggs easier

Hatching eggs has never been a challenge and now it's even less so. What's making it harder for you?
>>
>>30800136
Noted, I'm outta here
>>
>>30799099
AGH THE FUCKING SUN IS ALWAYS IN MY EYES GODDAMMIT SUMO
>>
>No hatching O-Power
>No hordes

The IV chacker is great, and I agree that BP farming is easy, but I still feel like ORAS was just a bit smoother
>>
>>30800222

SOS is better for ev training
O powers are cringeworthy and i'm glad they're gone
>>
>>30800152
>What's making it harder for you?
The fact that pressing one direction on the D-pad is easier than doing circles on the circle pad, and you didn't have to hold B to get the best speed

Pokepelago barely does anything for breeding since it's so slow and not needing Fly is irrelevant because Talonflame and Volcarona already existed
>>
I beat the game yesterday and I'm pretty new to pretty much everything. I'm not sure what you mean by "it's stupidly easy to farm BP now". I'm doing Battle Royale with a minimize/substitute Muk right now because I read about that somewhere. Is there a faster way?
>>
>>30799099

people who complain about the breeding taking too long just started playing, so just disregard their opinion on sight
>>
>>30800377
Battle Royal sucks for BP, just play Battle Tree singles. Once you get a 20 streak you'll unlock Super singles which gives you a minimum 2BP per win.
>>
>>30800418
I've heard those are pretty hard. My mons probably suck for it as well. Any team recommendations? As I said I'm new to the competitive part of Pokemon. I have Tapu Koko but I think I made a mistake catching it right away because now the nature's not right. Thanks for the help man.
>>
>>30800369
If you're too lazy to press more than one direction, you're too lazy to get a Talonflame or Volcarona.

>Pokepelago
Breeding isn't just about hatching a Lvl 1 Pokemon and then boxing it. You get it, EV train it, then level it to 50 and then box it, keeping it ready for battle. Pokepelago makes this effortless. I can play another video game entirely while 18 of my Pokemon EV train at the same time.

>>30800437
It's not that hard, just go battle there. The items you get from there are specifically for battling in the tree, or battling friends. I'm sure you can google an easy team to use, but you can walk in there with whatever you cleared the game with and do fine.
>>
>>30800497
Oh, alright I'll try that right now. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>30799099

Can we complain about an anniversary game claiming to celebrate the entire franchise, and bring up older mons from Gen I, but doesn't give you a national pokedex that isn't locked behind a paywall?
>>
>>30800437
Have you caught the UBs yet? You can just stomp around the Battle Tree with some trained Ultra Beasts until you get the right stuff to train other Pokemon.
>>
>>30800497
It's not about lazyness, easier is easier, and it's more relaxing and convenient to breed when it's easier to do passively

and no, EV training and leveling up is not breeding. Breeding is getting the right nature, egg moves and then hatching eggs until you get whatever result you want.
>>
>>30800560
Nah I've been delaying that because I thought getting the stuff for breeding is the most important. I still need to EV train the UBs same as the Tapus right? Doesn't that take ages without Pokerus/the EV items?
>>
>>30800222
Do you even breed bro?
It's faster than your O autismo power hatching from ORAS.
>>
>Can hatch eggs within a two second walk of getting more eggs
>Can send hatched mons directly to the PC
>Can directly check IVs
>Can EV train up to 18 pokemon while sleeping
>Shiny charm is easy to obtain
I love breeding in this gen.
>>
>>30800437
Ultra Beasts+Aegislash.
>>
>>30800582
If you use Pelago, you can EV train an entire team of UBs in one day while doing other things. It's super handy. You can train them far faster if you grab vitamins.
>>
>>30800352

How the fuck is an optional feature that makes several things easier "cringeworthy"?
>>
>>30799815

Previously I could hold down ONE button and hatch eggs while surfing the internet because of infinite bicycle loops. Now I have to sit here and hold down B and circle the fucking circle pad leaving me no hands to do literally anything else to take my mind off the empty void of hatching 600 eggs.
>>
>>30801765
You could just use Stoutland instead of Tauros, dingus.
>>
>>30801818

>use something half as fast as the bike instead of using the bike

Stoutland a shit.
>>
>>30801827
Stoutland works just fine, man. I've been using it instead of Tauros when I need to have my other hand free.
>>
What should I do with my 1,000 BP?
What items are unobtainable in any other way?
>>
>>30801916
Assault Vest is a good investment, no pun intended. Power Items too.
>>
>>30801765

So you actually held down the button instead of just putting some paper under the button? Fucking retard
>>
>>30799211

SEND EGG TO BOX WHEN PARTY IS FULL
>>
>>30799099

Breeding is even easier than it was previous gen, but how exactly is BP farming easy now?
>>
>>30799099

What's the Autism Box?
>>
>>30800377

BR is different, but not as good or controllable as BT. BT is harder, though.
>>
>>30799815
it's still takes a day to breed and EV train a SINGLE pokemon, kill yourself
>>
>>30802097

The breeding RNG is worse too because it's too fucking static. Everything is pre-determined by seeds and you end up getting multiple copies of the same exact 5IV spread over and over and over again.

It's as bad as MH3U where the "random" talisman seed was actually broken and instead of getting a different table of "RNG" every time you started the game you got stuck with one and only one and GOD CANNOT SAVE YOU if you accidentally got the wrong one.
>>
>>30801987
Battle Tree supers gives you 2 bp standardly? I don't actually know.
>>30802097
EV training is piss easy once you get the power item.
14 S.O.S. mons give full train, 7 with pokerus.
>>
>>30801526
I'm going to do that once I have enough beans to get the island. Some mistakes were made on that end.

Unrelated question:
>>30800497 said I should just use my current mons at the tree. Those are Lucario, Alakazam, Magnezone, Pelipper, Mimikyu and Incineroar. Which of those would make a good setup?
>>
>>30802097
>>30802173
my bad i meant IV breed+ EV train
>>
>>30799099

In the end, yes it's easier to BP farm, but it's much harder to get to that point. In gen 6, you had the pokemilage club which was an easy way to obtain Power items and other held items, and the only thing you needed to do was wondertrade your breedjects. In gen 7, mega items are locked behind a 64 BP pay wall, as well as other items you got for free previously such as Assault Vest.
>>
>>30800109

It might be better than zero but only one of each is still awful, when they damn well know how beloved the Apricorn Balls are.

They even introduced a Ball Shop from the Festival Plaza and you still can't get more from them.
>>
>>30802173
>>30801987
Easier to BP farm means farm from royal. Take bulky attackers in, play conservatively and take kills when available. Know the quirks of the mode (battle ends when one person loses their pokemon, scoring system, the ai quirks like the way they always go for a guaranteed kill etc) and you can get BP quick and clean.

>>30802097
It takes half an hour to breed a pokemon up, sometimes more, sometimes less, if you have stuff prepared for it. If you have unusual requirements, balltism, hidden power etc it might take longer. Call it another hour to EV train without the power items (and you can do multiple pokemon at a time AND have pokemon training in the pelago). A day is ridiculous.

>>30802159
You're probably just picking up on the patterns now that you know they're not truly random. A good pseudorandom algorithm has streaks (and breeding has always had that streaky shit, ever since we got the destiny knot and we've been passing down 5ivs). It's not as bad as the MH thing you're describing, because you can trigger a new seed any time you like.
>>
>>30802159

Don't fucking compare 3 seeds to a system where you had a high chance of being completely and utterly fucked just because you created a save file.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.