[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a better rival. Pro tip: >you cant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 14

File: latest-1.png (555KB, 923x1537px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
555KB, 923x1537px
Name a better rival. Pro tip:
>you cant
>>
>>30798606
literally who?
>>
>>30798606
Pretty much everyone but Serena is better.
I mean he wasn't really the antagonistic rival people think he is, he's just that kid.
>>
>>30798606
>literally a dumb 11 years old turd who thinks is cool be a dick
>also believes be regional champion means be the strongest trainer in the world

Rival Green is fucking pathetic and disgusting.
Gym leader Green and "legendary Champion" Green are sassy and cool, though
>>
>>30798606
???
>>
>>30798649
>tail whip
>leer
>>
File: Serena.png (424KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
Serena.png
424KB, 700x800px
>>30798620
You know, Dicks, your neighbor.

>>30798648
>these asshole
>better than based and beautiful rival-Serena
Kill yourself
>>
>>30798606
Barry
Hugh
>>
>>30798606
Hau
>>
>>30798685
>copy of Blue
>copy of Blue
>>
File: 120px-Diamond_Pearl_Barry.png (45KB, 120x305px) Image search: [Google]
120px-Diamond_Pearl_Barry.png
45KB, 120x305px
*THUD*

I'M FINING YOU $1,000,000
>>
>>30798725
His name is Green
>>
>>30798649
That moveset means nothing. It was just GF being stupid. It was retconned 18 fucking years ago.

>who thinks is cool be a dick
Except he doesn't.
>>
>>30798725
Ey, Hugh was cool. He didn't treat you like an ass, but actually considered you a great way to test his skills and see how far he's come, since he respects your strength as a trainer.

Sure he obsessed a little too much over grinding Team Plasma into the ground, but he was doing the world a favor, at least.
>>
>>30798684
I wish I was as easy to impress as you where a good design is all I need
>>
File: silver.png (108KB, 281x599px) Image search: [Google]
silver.png
108KB, 281x599px
>>30798606

I could because Blue was frankly the worst we ever had. I don't get to shits about

>he's the first

>he's an asshole unlike the rest of them

nigga was the same from day one. no development, no conclusion. you spend the game beating his ass until he decides to give up There's only one rival and his name is Silver.

>inb4 Bianca gave up!

No, fuck you. Bianca's bae.
>>
File: de3b052e06ea0d9346bb41e4f187052f.jpg (820KB, 1000x1412px) Image search: [Google]
de3b052e06ea0d9346bb41e4f187052f.jpg
820KB, 1000x1412px
>H-HE'S AN ASSHOLE
I mean, I knew /vp/ was full of braindead kids who just hate Gen I because it's popular, but to think this many of them didn't even play the games.
>>
>>30798977
Silver is literally the worst rival
>>
>>30799047
He's easily the best after Blue. He's also the only asshole rival.
>>
>>30798685
Both were pretty cool in their own right, not better than green though
>>
>>30799047

Emm no. With your shit taste, May's probably your favorite.
>>
>>30798766
Barry was the friendly rival done right. Helps you through out your journey even teaming up to fight galactic. Never once did he seem like he was gonna give up or let you out easy. At the end, his team reaches the 70s at the battle cafe.
>>
>>30799047
Of course not.
The only good rivals are Silver and Blue/Green.
The rest are either friends or copies of the original rivals.
>>
>>30798606
Why do people consider him good anyway? Forget the rest of the rivals. Don't compare him to them. Just tell me why you liked Blue.
>>
What use is a rival if you can't dress him in girl clothes and fuck his butt
>>
I'd love a game where if you lose to your rival, you actually lose and you're given some new dialogue and what not. None of that black out bullshit. Same could go for trainers as well.
>>
>>30799300
Doesn't it work like that with Hau? It's also how the first two battles with Blue work. You can lose both of them.
>>
No one remembers best boy ;-;
>>
File: 14573043_p0.png (472KB, 1020x596px) Image search: [Google]
14573043_p0.png
472KB, 1020x596px
>>30799233
Only after a win
>>
File: going to die.jpg (31KB, 395x387px) Image search: [Google]
going to die.jpg
31KB, 395x387px
>>30799376
I had such high hopes for him and then
>MUH SISTERS PURRLOIN
>>
>>30799047
Silver is top tier if not best.
>>
>>30799409
>tfw they didn't do Hugh's Sister being kidnapped and turned into a grunt to jumpstart Neo-Plasma.
>>
File: 1480717057762.png (403KB, 501x478px) Image search: [Google]
1480717057762.png
403KB, 501x478px
>>30799409
He got over it though, and plus he wasn't as nice as those other friendly rivals though. I thought he was a nice breath of fresh air after all of these "friends" we've fought before. I think Gladion is better as a rival though.
>>
>>30799596
I liked Gladion although I would have liked a few more battles with him throughout the story.
>>
Reminder that Blue is not only the best Rival, but also the best Champion.
>>
>>30798649
>>30798775
>>30799082
>green
Fuck off weebs
>>
>>30798606
They are honestly all good except maybe serena/calem and for different reasons.

>Green/Blue
Overall a character that is meant for you to hate, recieves negative character development and they do a good job of it. In the end he accomplishes what you wanted first and you take it from him proving that you are better. One of the better rivals.

>Silver
Another rival that starts out like you're meant to hate him but recieves positive character development. Unlike Blue/Green, Silver never beats you to anything and has no clear goal in mind other than surpassing you. In GSC we don't see him develop more past that but HGSS adds a metric ton of character development to him in subtle ways. Before you can do his final battle you have to challenge Lance and Claire to a double battle with Silver as a partner, he uses a fully evolved Crobat (which he did not have before) proving that he finally grew as a character. We also see the event with his father were we learn why he is such a conflicted character and his reasoning to become strong. Probably the best rival.

>May/Brendan
Nothing special other than a friendly rival. ORAS adds a lot more to this character with their final battle at the end of the game, where they show you that they've also achieved mega evolution and are one step closer to reaching you. One of the better rivals, but rather simplistic.
>Wally
Starting as this sickly kid that you don't see for 90% of the game, he catches you by complete surprise when he shows up in the pokemon league with a shitton of beefed up pokemons. Seeing the Ralts he caught himself with your tutolege fully evolved, his team of super strong pokemon and also the fact that he achieves mega evolution in ORAS gives you a powerful sense of character development, only problem is that he hardly shows up throughout the game, still one of the better rivals.

cont. In another post
>>
>>30798977
I HAVE ALSO GAINED MONATERS
>>
>>30798881

I think the deal was that due to engine limitations, enemy trainers could only have 1 custom moveset, everyone else on their team was stuck with level up moves.
>>
>>30800252
>Barry
Friendly rival and hyperactive. Theres really nothing special about him as a character and he doesn't show signs that he's weak at any point like the last two rivals either. He does however acknowledge that you are stronger than him and accepts that by wanting to surpass you. At the time he was the only rival rematch who'd have higher level pokemon every time you rematched him until he got higher leveled than Red and this hasn't happened with any other rival until Wally in ORAS. I feel that this is an indicator of his character development in a subtle way. Definetely one of the better rivals.

>Cheren
I'd count Bianca but she felt more like a companion. Cheren feels like the nerdy version of Barry, however game freak doesn't seem to want to show him as a character who attempts to be better than you and it shows when he becomes gym leader in BW2. I don't have much to say about him but it was cool to see him reach his goals. One of the better rivals as well.
>Hugh
While it was nice seeing a rival that was connected to the story itself, he felt like he was just tagging along because he hated team plasma. It doesn't really feel like he's competing with you as a trainer. He got his character development and all but he didn't feel like a proper rival. He was an okay rival.

>Calem/Serena
I felt like they were going to be depressed at the end of the story but suprisingly they weren't. Game freaks poor job at writing in this game also made them feel like a very forgotten after thought. I suppose it was nice seeing them achieve mega evolution in the post game but they felt very irrelevant still. While I think they were okay as a rival, they had little lasting impact and I consider them the worst rivals.

Cont in another post.
>>
>>30800365
>Hau
Everyone shits on him for very immaure reasons but I consider him one of the strongest rivals emotionally. He knows that he's weak and admits it but still manages to hold on to his cheerful demeanor at all times. It was pretty impactful to see him challenge you for the throne and finally beating his grandpa, which was something he couldn't do on his first grand trial. Yeah sure masaladas, but this guy impacted me more than any other rival since Silver.
>Gladion
He feels like a version of Silver that is strong and competent from the start and is strongly connected to the story like Hugh, except he actually feels like he's competing with you. I think the story played out his character development nicely, and while he was edgy with his loner attitude (that he eventually gets over it) it wasn't played out in a bad way as he gives you and hau the proper respect (he doesn't call haus pokemon weak or says battles aren't meant to be fun for example). I do feel like the evolution of Null was something that should have happened on screen in the climax of the story since unlike silver, it doesn't have much lasting impact to see it happen in a regular battle due to the fact that you don't see Gladion as the type of person who wouldn't properly raise his pokemon (like Silver was). Definetely one of the better rivals, but I still consider Silver to be better.
>>
>>30799111
I should fine you for liking him

His "joke" was old the first time
I felt more comradery from Silver

At least you can tell Hau when his jokes aren't funny
>>
>>30800073
HAMBUGGULAH
>>
>>30799409
I liked his ability to unleash his rage, at least

Plus, he's got a better design than BW2's protag
>>
>>30799111
>>30798766
>>30800464
barry was that hyperactive faggot friend noone wants to be around
>>
I actually really like Hau because not only does he have an actual arc but it's pretty much a negative one. The laid back child he was at the start turns into a person frustrated at settling into his place in the Alolan food chain.
>>
>>30799596
>You're coming whether you like it or not
I just pushed your shit in 2 minutes ago. Who the fuck are you to give me orders?
>>
>>30800433
What about N_____
>>
File: FB_IMG_1476931604812.jpg (11KB, 400x199px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476931604812.jpg
11KB, 400x199px
>some random faggot who is an ass to you for no reason
>>
>>30801112
You still went.
>>
>>30799445
That fag is pretty much human shadow the hedgehog
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.