[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were gen 5 and 6 so fucking ugly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 16

File: ugly.png (723KB, 620x585px) Image search: [Google]
ugly.png
723KB, 620x585px
Why were gen 5 and 6 so fucking ugly?
>>
>>30798490
The XY one isnt from the actual game because the trees are missing faggot
>>
Because were based in shitty countrira
>>
>>30798490
Theres a reason that perspective was only for route one.
>>
>>30798490
Because you're desperate to shitpost.
Also Unova was the most aesthetically pleasing region.
>>
Because you used the same image from the first X and Y trailer like everyone else
>>
>>30798490

>>Gen 5 is ok
>>Gen 6 is in Gimmickvision mode
>>
File: walkthrough_sbc_benches.png (389KB, 530x318px) Image search: [Google]
walkthrough_sbc_benches.png
389KB, 530x318px
>>30798490
>gen 6 ugly

Fuck off kindly
>>
>>30798490
>Unova
>Ugly

kyourselfs self ys
>>
>>30798508
Hawaii is a state, dumbass.
>>
File: Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>30798505
>>30798847

Still ugly
>>
>>30798490
>another "let's call X and Y garbage even though they were actually pretty alright if we think about it" thread
>>
>>30798878
He's talking about Kalos which is based on France, and Unova is based on America though Im not exactly sure what part....but it's definitely not Hawaii.
>>
>>30798903

Where they any redeeming factors to X and Y other than adding Fairy and Megas? GF already forgot about Megas anyway.
>>
File: palace.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
palace.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
>>30798490
Yeah so ugly, its not good at all....
>>
>>30798918
>amie
>super training
>hordes
>pss
>customization
>big variety of mons
>one of the most interesting stories lore wise
>GOAT music
>Team Flare actuallu evolves their mons unlike aalmost every team before them and sadly after them because Skull still uses shit like spinarak, zubats and rattatas at the end iof third island
>best poke girl yet Serena

and others
>>
File: 1473211102141.png (105KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1473211102141.png
105KB, 256x256px
>>30798918
>GF is already forgetting about my Mega Twintails Wife
>>
>>30798903
XY was okay but I doubt I'll ever replay it.
>>
>>30798965

>PSS and Super Training are gone

Why god
>>
>>30798905
He said Unova and Kalos were ugly because they were based on ugly countries, so I figured I would remind him that his "oh so beautiful" island paradise in Alola is also based on one of the states.

Well, I mean, the island paradise is gorgeous, but you know what I mean.

And Unova was supposed to be New York, btw.
>>
>>30798862

>implying gen 6 is not ugly

fuck off kalosperm
>>
>>30798965
>least amount of mons since Gen 4
>biggest variety of mons
Anon, I agree with you on the rest, but this is just a lie.
>>
>>30799040
poor butthurt anon, use more vaseline
>>
>>30799041
You meant new mons, i meant mons in general.

New mons variety is pretty much the same as SM because stuff like Ubs and all legendaries are unobtainable till the post game
>>
>mfw FRLG aged worse than RBY
>>
>kiddies going on /vp/ so they don't get downboated on r/pokemon for joyfully bashing the obsolete games now that their mom bought them the newest one
typical
>>
I'm just waiting until the fanbase starts hating on SM just like they did on XY, so I can have confirmation that it's just something stupid the fanbase does.

Because holy shit that first month where everyone was on board and agreed that XY ruled was amazing, and then everyone started buying into the trolls claiming the games were hot garbage.

XY did a lot of things right. Things that Sun and Moon managed to get wrong for that matter.

XY has over SM this stuff.

>better plot
(and one that revolves around you at that rather than someone else)
>better region design and more memorable areas and towns
(Reflecting Caves, Lost Hotel, Parfum Palace, Anistar City and it's Sundial, Snowbelle City, a Victory Road that isn't a laughingstock [lolMount Lanakila], Shalour City and the roller skate park it was built around, Lumioise City being the biggest city in Pokemon history, etc.)
>larger regional dex (450+ vs 300)
That's not counting stuff not in the regional dex that could be caught too, such as the large list from Friend Safari.
>better trainer customization
I think we can all agree on this one, even if SM does let you take off the hat.
>better optimized engine
Horde Battles, Triple Battles, and Rotation Battles all had lag issues and couldn't be run in 3D, but compared to how they don't exist in SM and almost literally nothing can be rendered in 3D vision...
>has gyms
I can't believe I have to actually include this as a point, but SM managed to fuck it up in what I hope was a one-time misstep.
>less stupid main villain plot
Lysandre had goals (cleanse the world of filth), motivations for achieving those goals (to stop said filth from fucking the world up beyond repair), a solid plan for doing so, a good reason no one suspected anything until his plans went into motion, and a good reason to stop him.

Now explain why we needed to go into another dimension to stop Lusamine for reasons other than "her daughter wanted to yell at her mom". (Seriously, I actually don't know.)
>>
>>30798490
why does it still not look like a game from 2016?
>>
File: 58224180_p0.png (193KB, 1510x1510px) Image search: [Google]
58224180_p0.png
193KB, 1510x1510px
>>30799258
I think your bait is old and past the sell-by date, so no one wants to bite on it.

Maybe you should ask Lana for some fishing tips next time.
>>
Gen 5 is the best looking gen imo
>>
>>30799338
dumb lanaposter
>>
>>30799258
XY had 1 purpose: make SM not look like complete shit.

I can't say that SM are the worst pokemon games simply because XY and ORAS exist.
>>
>>30798965
>one of the most interesting stories lore wise
>GOAT music

God no. Worst story in the entire franchise (spinoffs included). The cover legendary came out from nowhere. Definitely an unfinished game/story
Worst soundtrack in the mainline games. Gym, E4 and champion were all fucking ass. There was maybe 2~3 good city music?
>>
>>30799258
>>has gyms
>I can't believe I have to actually include this as a point, but SM managed to fuck it up in what I hope was a one-time misstep.
You're shitting me. Trials and totems blow gyms out of the water. I hope to god they don't backslide to gyms in Gen VIII.
>>
>>30799258
Agreed pretty much with everything

XY is very unpolsihed (then again remember DP?) but it has pretty strong basis
>>
File: 1477750417201.png (7KB, 384x608px) Image search: [Google]
1477750417201.png
7KB, 384x608px
>>30798577
>Not gen 2 Johto
>Not being able to appreciate comfy 8-bit aesthetics

I wonder what it must be like to feel so plebeian.
>>
>>30799550
>You're shitting me. Trials and totems blow gyms out of the water. I hope to god they don't backslide to gyms in Gen VIII.
Trials are boring and feel like random side quests, not challenges

The totem battles can be seen as challenging only because the SOS system. If Gyms would have it they'd be much harder
>>
>>30799258
I honestly agree on the opinion, I'd also like to mention
>PSS
Plaza is shit and the minigames are awful.
>Music
While XY had some tracks i listened to after beating the game, SM did not. All the OST was forgettable, except for maybe the intro theme.
>Hordes
No matter how much you force the sos one me, i hated it, especially during playthrough, where i just wanted to catch a goddamn pokemon, and it just kept spamming SOS. Hordes felt more comfortable to EV train (more in ORAS since you needed to actually roll the right horde in XY), shiny hunt and weren't forced into your face.
>Bicycle and roller skates
I like the concept of riding your pokemon, but herdier is outclassed by bicycle, and even roller skates.
>>
>>30798490
>xD m-my 2D graphics are t-totally teh best lol am I hipster yet?
Every generation just gets better, face it faggot.

>>30799585
>comfy buzzword
opinion disregarded.
>>
>>30799585
GS was beautiful. I could sell my mom for an eshop version.
>>
>>30798490
You seem to be forgetting BW came out on the old DS. This game was beautiful and used all the old DS had to offer.
>>
>>30799656
«Every generation just gets better»
Hello little kid. Do your parents told you about HG/SS and BW graphism?
>>
>>30799734
>memelord

No, fuck off that game is anus
>>
>>30798965
>best feature
>killed
>neat, killed
>great,killed
>still fucked for boys but sure
>double edged sword, new mons are nonexistant, it worked in b2w2 because it had 156 new mons
>debatable
>stop liying
>whatever
>dumb waifufag

So the only things that were good aren't even in the games anymore. Not really XY's fault but its still bad.
>>
>>30798577
>this is what unovabortions actually believe

not with those garbage sprites it wasn't
>>
>>30798490
They weren't
>>
Why do Gen 5 fags shitpost about Gen 6 the most?
>>
>>30799913
Because back in the B/W days everyone would shitpost about how shitty Gen 5 was and now they're just continuing the cycle like the autistic faggots they are.
>>
>>30799913
there is a lot more people who leapt to gen vi' defense rather than gen v and op shits on both
this thread doesn't really prove your opinion right
>>
>>30799258
People had already started shitting on ORAS by this time
>>
I'll admit XY was hideous but BW/B2W2 have avery aesthetically pleasing region.
>>
>>30799942
for dumb reasons*
>>
>>30799913
I also dont get it.

I lovee XY and BW/2 equally (even if gen 5 obviously had better post game)
>>
>>30799949
Doesn't change the fact that people already hated ORAS more than SM 2 weeks after it came out
>>
File: Pokemon-Gold.png (22KB, 544x368px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Gold.png
22KB, 544x368px
>>30799656
Okay, maybe I shouldn't have used comfy because it gets such a large kneejerk reaction around here, but that is basically what it is about gen 2. It was the pinnacle of Pokémon's 8-bit graphics and in a kind of "goldilocks zone". It wasn't as blocky looking as gen 1 and added color, but also maintained the minimalist appeal of 8-bit graphics. You imprint your own view on what you see and your imagination creates a more vivid picture than the game ever can. I am honestly not just memeing when I say gen 2 had the best graphics of any Pokémon game in my eyes.

This guy explains it much better than I can. In a way he largely explains why genwunners (or in my case Johtoddlers) exist.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bulbagraphic:Is_Pok%C3%A9mon_Best_left_to_our_Imaginations%3F
>>
>>30798577
Sinnoh is objectively the most aesthetic Pokemon has ever been
>>
>>30798932
What makes it ugly?
>>
>>30799258
You realize no one outside /vp/ hates XY, right? Much less SM, which is objective better than it in every way except online features.
>>
>>30800082
dude Pokemon Prism comes out christmas...maybe....

hyped?
>>
>>30800201
Kinda, don't play a lot of ROM hacks but I'm glad there's finally a good fangame on the gen 2 engine. The gen 3 engine is ugly as fuck and overused to boot. Idk how I feel about it having just 252 Pokémon though. I wish they could give all 802 Pokémon gen 2 style sprites, but it's a lot to ask.
>>
>>30800201
wait what is it finally finished?
>>
>>30799550
>how to make a trial
>take a gym leader
>separate gym leader's ace from the gym leader
>turn that gym leader's ace into a totem pokemon
>before fighting the totem pokemon add a minigame that's relevant to gym leader's profession
>call the gym leader trial captain
>rename the whole thing to trial
>>
>>30799866
>XY music is bad and Team Flare evolving Pokemon isn't a big deal

Thanks for invalidating your shit pinions
>>
>>30799258
>I'm just waiting until the fanbase starts hating on SM just like they did on XY
This is literally just a /vp/ thing. XY are the best selling 3DS games worldwide and ORAS are the third best selling, losing only to XY and Mario Kart 7. ORAS also outsold FRLG and HGSS despite the 3DS selling significantly less copies than GBA or DS, making ORAS the best selling Pokemon remakes currently. Both XY and ORAS have also received pretty much universal acclaim (check Metacritic for example) so it's not like they're hated anywhere outside of this contrarian shithole. The fanbase loves Gen VI and the evidence is all around us. Don't generalize /vp/'s shitposting to the whole fanbase.
>>
>>30798978
Yeah, that's how I feel. I loved it at first but it's not really worth more than 2 playthroughs at most.
>>
>>30798490

I find those to be endlessly better than we got in Sun/Moon. Especially the empty ass overworlds.

>>30799258

I'm saltier about the lack of a national dex than anything on this list.
>>
>>30800334
Name one gym puzzle that isn't asinine trash. At least SM trials had the decency to be short to not become repetitive and boring before the novelty wore off. Also, since you have to commit to the trial there is actual stakes involved, whereas in 95% of gyms, you could turn tail and heal up at the Pokemon Centre next door.
>>
>>30798490
Personally I found it to be because XY and were a very literal interpetation of pokemon in 3D.

As in 3d models but everything is still flat and and blocky, they barely played with hills and slopes at all.
>>
>>30800539

Not being able to heal isnt a problem when theres nothing in the trial that can harm you, even most if not all totems.

But yeah, item hunt sure wasn't tedious at all and had lots of peril.
>>
>>30799258
>I'm just waiting until the fanbase starts hating on SM just like they did with XY
Which they didn't, you massive dolt. /vp/ is the only place left that still has a grudge againts Gen 6 and this place doesn't even make 5% of the fanbase. Everyone either is neutral or loves Gen 6, normies praising the hell out of it. Stop letting this autism board give you the wrong impression.
>>
>>30799258
>criticize the fan base for the stupid shit it says and does
>proceed to post the shittiest bait in history
>>
>>30800381
The gym leader theme is obnoxious, lysandre's is super generic and diantha's was just iris theme from b2w2 done wrong. None of the cities were memorable to me.
>>
>>30799258

>I'm just waiting until the fanbase starts hating on SM just like they did on XY

yeah well some do, but overall they're are pretty well received.

>faggots on /vp/ thinking they're the majority

euthanize yourselves.
>>
File: diantha.png (61KB, 200x328px) Image search: [Google]
diantha.png
61KB, 200x328px
>having this forgettable literally who as champ

X and Y were trash
>>
>>30800455
If sales=quality then that means Cod is the best series of games ever right?

People just saw the 3d and gen1 starters and just flocked to it. The two major changes that XY brought to the formula (megas and fairy type) are half baked as fuck and feel completely forced compared to every other gameplay change ever.
>>
>>30800731
She's one of the most fuckable characters in the series
But yes X and Y are shit
>>
>>30800731
I only remember her because of that fucking awesome battle ash had with her in the anime.
>>
Gen 4 and Gen 5 are best looking gens. 7 will be comfy once the switch is here
>>
>>30800790

It's a shame we'll be losing it being handheld for gen 7 to not look like balls, but at the same time have to wonder why wejust didnt get another Orre game rather than making pokemon a home console thing.
>>
File: 9db1b456f561e86c8f2034d1b9d85d59.jpg (756KB, 1000x978px) Image search: [Google]
9db1b456f561e86c8f2034d1b9d85d59.jpg
756KB, 1000x978px
>>30798490
Because they're trying to push 3D on consoles that can't handle it. GenIV started it but it was small, mainly buildings in towns, but genV went overboard with it, and genVI pants on the head retarded.

GenI started the series
GenII continued it slightly worse
GenIII brought good looks but meh world and worse pokemons with few exceptions, FRLG were good games
GenIV continued good looks and improved mechanics by a ton with good world and tried to backpedal a bit to original looks, Pt was great, remakes were good but fucked up lvl progression and Kanto was kinda bland
GenV fucked up looks a bit, pokemons dropped slightly again, but games introduced fucktons of good quality of life mechanics and hidden abilities to make shitmons less shit, also decent story
GenVI is complete trash, not a single good thing about it
GenVII brought nice way to potentially make shitmons less shit with new forms, but they fucked up some designs (for example diglett, persian and raichu) and fucked up everything else

Perfect pokemon game should have
>pokemon design style from GenI
>world and its graphic style from GenIV
>mechanics and animated sprites from GenV
>Gen IV or V tier story

proove me wrong
protip: you can't
>>
>>30800906
dumb cynthiaposter
>>
>>30800906
kill yourself idiot
>>
>>30800906
>gens VI and VII having better plot than BW
I'm not saying they had bad plot but BW simply had a better one. and aside from plot the game actually allowed you to play, unlike SM
>>
>>30800731
>somehow managed to be a more forgettable and boring champion than Alder without N stealing the spotlight this time

Diantha is a pure disgrace.
>>
>>30798490
Gen 5 wasn't ugly, gen 6 was ugly because it was pseudo-3D.
>>
>>30800906
>>30801045
>Gen V had a good story meme
>>
File: hungrytrainerandherpet.jpg (277KB, 626x618px) Image search: [Google]
hungrytrainerandherpet.jpg
277KB, 626x618px
>>30800921
>>30800937
As I've said, you can't proove me wrong. You can just throw ad hominems.

>>30801045
Where did I say VI and VII have better plot than V?
>>
>>30801076
Not him, it did have it's low point but you can't beat that climax
>>
>>30799258

>>better optimized engine
>Horde Battles, Triple Battles, and Rotation Battles all had lag issues and couldn't be run in 3D, but compared to how they don't exist in SM and almost literally nothing can be rendered in 3D vision...

this is literally the only thing in your entire post that is actually true
>>
>>30800743
Retard, he literally just said that most of the fanbase loves XY, which they do. Gen 6 is one of the more liked generations by both critics and fans alike, your contrarian sperging will do nothing to change this.
>>
>>30799605

The totem battles are also challenging because the pokemon you face is actually challenging and has a strategy and the exp share in Sun/Moon is fixed so you don't end up absurdly overleveled like in XY.

XY gyms wouldn't have been challenging even with SOS.
>>
>>30800743

the funny thing is that this year's CoD sold awfully (at least in comparison to previous) and got shit on critically.

people are finally sick of CoD, but Pokemon keeps on rolling and setting records after an even longer amount of time.
>>
>>30801109
No, it's because you have by far the shittiest opinion on this thread; it isn't worth proving you wrong.
>>
>>30801109
Shit i read VII instead of V
My bad, I'm fuckig blind
>>
>>30798490
Because you're posting one of the first ever revealed screens for XY when it was still months and months away, and because B/W looks like shit when you blow up the image past the size of a DS display.
>>
>>30799550
Totems and gyms should exist side by side.
>Trial and Totem fight
>This allows you to battle the captain/gym leader for the badge

Also the trials themselves suck shit. Did they fire everyone who used to make puzzles and dungeons?
>>
>>30799585
Gen 2 Johto was just rearranged as well as downgraded Kanto assets.
In other words it was shit.
>>
>>30798899
I missed those character-specific colored speech boxes
They were really neat
>>
>>30799866
>new mons are nonexistant
Actually XY didn't make the new pokemon absurdly rare like SM and GS did.
>>
>>30798490
Gen VI may have looked ugly
But seriously fuck you and eat a dick if you don't think it looked much more alive and vivid than Sun and Moon
The colors were way brighter and the environments were more varied in comparison to SM's dull and boring landscape
ALSO SITTING IN CHAIRS, FUCK
>>
>>30802092
Personally I miss how trainer classes had their own encounter music especially after we had some great ones in ORAS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNGa5ndDwI4
>>
>>30802120
THIS
I think they got really lazy with sun/moon
>>
File: 1474166965709.png (31KB, 385x365px) Image search: [Google]
1474166965709.png
31KB, 385x365px
>>30798577
>every spirte having a seizure or giving a rousing political speech
>grid
>the MC's retarded hair
>>
>>30800906
>and animated sprites from GenV
please no, those over-animated ugly ass abortions were probably the biggest reason I dropped BW2 on the first route and never played it again

3D beats the shit out of sprites all day long, it opens up more potential and brings the world and its characters to life in ways the the 2D era never will, but this is why gen VI and VII are so shit aesthetically, because instead of living up to that potential GF made them just like the 2D games, with an empty as shit god awful overworld and retarded battles to match
>>
>>30798490
Gen 5 was ugly as fuck. Gen 6 was the transition and the chibi models were fine.
>>
>>30800906
kill yourself retard
>>
>>30800906
>>pokemon design style from GenI
trash opinion
>>
>>30799100
Not true at all.

RSE were disgusting outside of Sootopolis.
>>
File: garbage.png (18KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.png
18KB, 120x120px
>>30798577
I can't tell if this faggot is actually baiting or not.
>>
Because the two fruitcake male protag faggots make the games look bad.
>>
>>30798862
>You can't sit on benches or chairs in Sun and Moon

Fuck you Gamefreak
>>
>>30800906
>GenIV continued good looks and improved mechanics by a ton with good world and tried to backpedal a bit to original looks, Pt was great, remakes were good but fucked up lvl progression and Kanto was kinda bland
That's not an accurate description.
As far as battle mechanics went gen 4 kept everything the same with the exception of the split.
Then there's the overworld mechanics and minigames, they took a hard hit to the point where you couldn't even cut grass on the overworld anymore. Then there was the BF that had a massive downgrade.
As for the world it wasn't good. At all. It was filled with obnoxious backtracking and dead ends making progression feel like an absolute slog. Not to mention they decided to add some of the worst overworld additions in deep snow and swamps. Visually it was made up of drab colors and wasn't very striking, which is why they changed a lot of the colors in Plat I suppose. Also gen 4 as a whole had an issue with keeping the colors of mon consistent.
>>
>>30802451
Correction, you can sit on one specific chair in the whole game for a few lines of text.
>>
I enjoyed Kalos more than Alola. I also thought the chibi style models were neat. However at this point GF has no clue what the fuck to do with Megas, keeps making weird parallel universe bullshit so continuity is fucked, and Zygarde was just fucking there for no reason only to just show up in Alola later.
>>
>>30802502
Excuse me you sit on TWO chairs in the whole game for a few lines of text.

and a battle
>>
File: 1450288211824.gif (1000KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
1450288211824.gif
1000KB, 500x525px
>Colosseum still looks superior to mainline Pokemon games
>>
>>30802162
>Hilbert's retarded hair

?
>>
>>30798490
I agree. Gen II and IV look the best in relation to their era.
>>
>>30802541
>tfw America has had the best games
>>
>>30802541
>not explorers of sky
>not conquest
you should move to somalia
>>
>>30802579
>Literally the two worst looking games
What
>>
>>30798490

do not compare gen 5 to 6 you asshole

I personally thought gen 5 looks gorgeous. It's a DS game that runs with a fluid framerate, has sprites that fucking move, and the environments almost look cel-shaded. Gen 5 looks like some kind of mostly 2D mobile game but with modest res, and great art. Gen 6 and 7 are in that PS1/PS2 limbo but with better lighting which is hardly worth it with the constant pixxelation. For me it's honestly depressing playing games that look so ugly, with the exception of the Pokemon models up-close.
>>
>>30802612
What don't you understand on "in relation to their era" ?
>>
>>30798978
This. I LOVED Y on my first playthrough and put ~100 hours into the story alone, now I remember fuckall about it.
>>
>>30802669
I don't see how that changes anything when they still looked like absolute shit.
>>
>>30802652
>the overworld effects in Gen 5
Gen 6 and 7 are such disappointments when compared to that. It's a shame that GF will never put that much effort and polish into a gen again.
>>
>>30799258
I hated XY after playing it and I still hate it now.
>Better plot
>(and one that revolves around you rather than someone else)
The plot doesn't revolve around you in XY, it revolves around AZ. Shame he hardly ever bothered to show up.
>Better region design and more memorable areas and towns
The region isn't great, Seafolk Village alone is more memorable than all of the towns in XY, and Lumiose "being big" isn't a positive when it makes it even more of a nightmare to navigate than it would be otherwise.
>Larger regional dex
Again, being big =/= being good. Especially not with such a small number of new Pokémon introduced. It made the game feel like one of those romhacks that has every Pokémon available.
>Better trainer customization
Agreed.
>Better optimized engine
They're both complete shit either way, I wouldn't really call XY's any better than SM's.
>Has Gyms
Trials were fine, and a refreshing change. I had more fun doing them than most Gyms in the series. I'd rather they change things up every game rather than continuing with either system though.
>Less stupid main villain plot
They're both equally stupid in concept, but XY's presentation was so poor that it made Lysandre's already retarded plan look like a joke, and the reason nobody suspected anything is because everyone in Kalos is apparently completely braindead.
>>
>>30802761
Not him but you have to be legitimately retarded to find navigating Lumiose hard.

Oh and for regional dex variety big does in fact equal good. What doesn't make it good is when the new mon are overshadowed by the old like they were in SM.
>>
>>30802652
this
>>
>>30802811
>Not him but you have to be legitimately retarded to find navigating Lumiose hard.
It's not hard, it's just fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>30798490

Gen 5 was ugly because Gamefreak used a zoom in function for most of the sprites so combined with the DSs awful resolution and pixel density, it made everything look too pixelated.
>>
>>30798899
>shitty upscaled jpg

Great argument.
>>
>>30802541
>but it's also a shit tier game
>>
>>30803042
>not just using the taxis

Stop hating on Gen 6 where it doesn't matter.
>>
>>30799258
>better plot

Instantly disregarded the rest of your argument
>>
>>30805887
Explain how SM's plot is better than XY's plot then.
>>
>>30800280
There will be more than 252 Pokemon in Prism, not sure which ones though. I believe not all Pokemon are added to the game.
>>
>>30798490
Gen V came out on the old DS and was in an awkward transition phase towards 3D graphics, building off of the 3D that Gen IV brought. The graphics looked really weird whenever camera angles changed because of the fact that the sprites didn't change with them.
Gen VI was okay looking but it suffered from having weird ass camera angles everywhere, like the one pictured in OP. Lumiose City was absolute camera hell.
>>
>>30799258
>better plot
Did XY even have a plot? I barely remember it
>>
>>30805942
The fact that most people don't even understand Lysandre's motivations should tell you how shitty XY's plot was.
>>
How did gen5 look bad
>>
File: 054088819444474baf30cbbba02fad26.jpg (111KB, 748x1019px) Image search: [Google]
054088819444474baf30cbbba02fad26.jpg
111KB, 748x1019px
>gen 5
2.5D on the DS's shitty resolution (especially during the age of the DSXL) was a terrible idea.

>gen 6
transition to 3D and terrible choice to use chibi models
>>
>>30806236
He explained it well enough though if you actually played the games: he loved the world as it currently was, but believed that human greed and corruption would erode it away to nothing given sufficient time (until all that was left were people desperately trying to take whatever was left from everyone else). His plan was to cleanse the world of those errant individuals via an ancient superweapon, take over the world once the dust had settled, and have those chosen by him (or who simply were lucky enough to not die from the superweapon firing, because if you survived it you were clearly worthy of continuing to live) move on with their lives in a world that would never lose it's beauty.

Lusamine's motivation of "her husband disappearing into a wormhole made her into a psychopath and way too obsessed with otherworldly life" is much easier to sum up, to be fair.
>>
>>30798862
I agree, there's a lot of places in gen 6 where you can admire the scenery, like in this picture right here without having to use the camera. The same surprisingly isn't true for Alola which is sad since there could've been a lot of nice scenery pieces to enjoy since it's based on Hawaii. I wish you could move the camera a bit, because it seems like a lot of interesting stuff in happening in the background sometimes, but you can't look at it.
>>
>>30798577
this, and im not baiting
>>
>>30803502
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: set1.png (11KB, 324x146px) Image search: [Google]
set1.png
11KB, 324x146px
Because they tried to translate the 2D overworld sprites into 3D instead of the battle sprites. SM look so much better because the overworld proportions are right for the first time.
>>
I enjoy all the Pokemon games. I am currently enjoying the latest release game with other players.

Have fun with your "debate" you autistic retards while I play some Pokemon.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.