[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: palossand.png (128KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
palossand.png
128KB, 500x500px
What went wrong?
>>
>>30792612
I can't get rid of the sand down there.
>>
>>30792612
i hate sand

it's rough, coarse, irritating, and it gets everywhere
>>
>>30792612
Your strategy
>>
Water compaction doesn't function like Storm Drain
>>
sand compaction doesn't make it immune to water attacks
>>
>>30792661
/thread
>>
I like warm sand it feels good on my feet
>>
>>30792612
They just had to go with the most coarse and irritating design possible
>>
>>30792612
Water is a primarily special based type

Don't get me wrong, it works against certain water mons, but it's a meta pick.

And most of the "good" physical Water mons are stuck in RU so I guess it will its home there
>>
>>30792612
I had a nightmare about this thing. I was being chased by a giant Palossand that shot deadly Muddy Water waves dissolving anything it made contact with. It would then slurp up the melty gore like Sliggo.
>>
>>30792672
>>30792676
Ghost compaction doesn't work on normal attacks.
>>
>>30792704
It'll be UU. It has bulk and reliable recovery, and it can do good damage because it's got good STABs.
>>
>>30792783
Wow, i don't even have a vagina, and my vagina hurts looking at that.
For what reason.
>>
>>30792764
UU is lite OU this generation, you have Black Kyurem and the Swords of Justice there, there's no way it's going to be OU
>>
File: woah.png (299KB, 1024x1210px) Image search: [Google]
woah.png
299KB, 1024x1210px
>>30792783
>>
>>30792828
no way it's going to be UU*
>>
Nothing. It's a great design.
>>
>>30792612
I'll say what didn't, its cry. It's perfectly freaky for what is essentially a sandcastle made up of bones and sand.
>>
File: IMG_8210.jpg (116KB, 700x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8210.jpg
116KB, 700x514px
>>30792828
No it's not. Shiny new toy syndrome made all those mons drop, because everybody wants to use Lele and le muhmentum roache. It happened at the start of last gen and it's happening again. Keldeo and Gliscor and Volcanion and whatever else will be out of UU once the meta settles.
>>
Because it doesn't fucking do anything. Stats are decent, ability is okay, typing is great, but it lacks a concept that unifies it all together. At least with something like minior it's easy to tell it's a set up sweeper, or golisopod is a revenge killer pivot thing, or pheromosa is a u-turner. This thing is just a sandcastle. I have no idea what its purpose is.

It's typing is the only thing good about it. Being a ghost immune to thunder wave with stab earthquake would have been enough to make it usable in gen 1-4, but it's now generation SEVEN. Now you need more tools than just being a dual ghost type to stay relevant. This thing has nothing that separates it from all the other boring bulky slow pokemon so it will never get used.
>>
>>30793059
they said that about the pokemon you just posted and look what happened in the transition to XY/ORAS

Happened to Celebi, to Conkeldurr, to Haxorus and Hydreigon, to Lucario and Vaporeon

Obviously there's a big difference in stats but you can't deny that UU is going to be a whole new beast this generation, it's going to a huge stat increase in average
>>
>>30793457

so what? XY UU would look insane to someone who last played gen 4 or before.
>>
>>30793509
wouldn't this last post mean you agree with me? Obviously there's a bit of shiny new toy syndrome (Porygon-Z, Tapu Fini, Pelipper and Mantine) but more than half the current OU meta is staples from the past generation, while most of the stuff that didn't make the cut this time it's because it simply doesn't work in SUMO OU anymore. Venusaur Mega, Scizor, Latios, Ferrothorn, Bisharp all stayed.
>>
>>30793639

yeah but I guess I wasn't following the whole thread. I'm a different guy. I agree with your first post but also agree with the guy saying your examples of dropped pokemon are wrong. Kyuurem black won't be UU for long IMO
>>
>>30793722
I should've followed in the Kyurem Black example; it wasn't meant to be what I think UU meta will develop into. Even if Kyurem-B were to never get enough usage to become OU I think it's reasonable to think that it would go to BL
>>
>>30792672
>>30792676
storm drain seems like the simplest shit for game freak to slap on him but instead they chose to come up with an ability that is worse in every possible way

palossand would be great with storm drain, and it's not like it doesn't fit its design
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.