[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck smogon. Who's with me, /vp/oreons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (190KB, 1024x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 1024x560px
Fuck smogon. Who's with me, /vp/oreons?
>>
haha yeah fuck smogon you sure told them haha cant stop me from using Sand Veil cavturn haha

kill yourself
>>
OMGON UNBANS SWAGGE
BLAZIKEN IS NOT OK THO
>>
>>30789931
ITT: people who don't understand the need / want for healthy metagames.
>>
>>30789931
this is pure, concentrated autism

and the worst part is that considering the state of this board you most likely posted this unironically
>>
>>30789931
GF needs to make a 6v6 ladder already. Add Sleep Clause and let us go wild.
>>
>>30789931
it is i, John Smogon, and you must obey the rules!

kys
>>
>>30790020
Sleep Clause isn't even as mandatory as it used to be. Spore and Sleep Powder are pretty much the only good sleep inducers and those are countered by grass types.
>>
>>30790060
I'm enough of an oldfag to remember gen II OU pre sleep clause.

I never again want to play in a format without sleep clause.
>>
>>30789967
that's legal anyway, even with sandstream on your team
>>
>>30790060
Just let us go wild then.

I think it would be a lot of fun, the japanese and koreans would be competing too.
>>
>>30790008
this is a repost
>>
>>30790212
>a repost
>on /vp/

>mildshock.webm
>>
>>30789975
>totally unenforceable, constantly-changing rules made up by autism-havers, crybabies, and people who have never actually played a pokemon game

Yeah, man. Extremely healthy and fun meta you have, there.
>>
>>30790416
Are you high?
Or, just an idiot?
>>
File: search thin on tumblr.jpg (65KB, 402x508px) Image search: [Google]
search thin on tumblr.jpg
65KB, 402x508px
>>30789931
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>30790140
Don't forget gen5.
>>
>>30789931
You're on your own. They aren't perfect, but they are the best we have. If you want to go play with the genies and tapus of healthymeta, be my guest.
>>
>>30789931
I mean I KNOW this is bait but I have a serious question for people that actually think like this:

Most rules are beneficial to making the battle experience less of an annoying shitfest, which is why we have tiers, bans, etc. so why not just enjoy using your team in ranks that are free of shit like Mega Rayquaza?

Also if it bugs you so much why not just play with your friends with no rules?
>>
>>30789931
>Most common antismogon argument is that they want to use their favorites
>Smogon makes it so you can use your favorites and not be curbstomped by Megafug/Landorous/Tapus of balance

This is the single part I will never understand. What the fuck is actually wrong with these people? Not liking Smogon is your perogitive, I don't care, but how the fuck can they argue against Smogon by complaining Smogon doesn't allow you to do the main point of smogon rules?
>>
>>30790984
My guess is they see the tiers as ratings, and that if their "bro" is low tier then Smogon is personally insulting it.

They think they'd be better off with no tiers so the can get their shitmon team swept by every uber
>>
>>30790984
They forgot and too brain-damaged enough to not understand that they don't have to play by Smogon rules.

And they have tiers. People suddenly think that OU is the only tier out there.
>>
Why IS swagger banned anyway?
>>
>>30791042
But that's the part that makes no sense...
The entire idea of the tiers is to make it so shitmon are actually viable in some way shape or form...
Good luck using your Raticate when the other guy can use M-Rayquaza...
>>
>>30790984
I've wondered about the same thing and from what some other people have told me and what I've observed it's because the people complaining don't actually know anything about how Smogon operates. They apparently don't even know that tiers are usage-based and think it's some guy at Smogon deciding who goes where.
>>
>>30790984
they don't want to admit their favorite mon is a shitmon and are so ignorant that they dont know tiers make them MORE viable lmao
>>
>>30791111
They don't realize how horrible it would be without tiers. It'd basically be as "healthy meta" as VGC
>>
>>30791103
50% chance to hit yourself for double the normal confusion damage. The odds heavily favor the user if you not only waste a turn not doing anything, but taking damage for it. The argument that it doubles the opponent's damage output ignores the fact that stallmons and special attackers get zero benefit from the +2 attack while still taking the increased damage. Maybe with 33% chance to self-hit they'll reconsider.

It is worth mentioning though that the justification for the ban cites Pranksters abusing Swagger + Thunder Wave. It's one of those situations where they could've just made a complex ban like with Baton Pass, but arbitrarily decided to just ban Swagger entirely.
>>
>>30791103
I think it was because Swagplay (Swagger+Foul Play) was absolutely brutal, and that banning Swagger would be less intrusive than banning Foul Play.
Swaggkey (Klefki+Swagger+Thunderwave+Foul Play) may have had another small part.
>>
File: 1475529918386.png (532KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475529918386.png
532KB, 640x480px
what the actual fuck? half of you people are baiting hard and the other half are retards
smogon is a system of tiers and bans on a horridly unbalanced game (for singles, at least), each of said bans and tiers being decided by a democratic system of tests and voting by the players themselves
they do not "force" anything, only autists will try to, and there are autists for everything. if you don't like it, you're free to participate in the threads, ladder to be able to vote, etc. or you can try any of the other options for competitive battling, such as battle spot or vgc
if you find yourself disagreeing with any decisions they've made over the years, you're not alone. just as you can't be happy with every president elected, it's just the nature of democracy. however, there's not many viable alternatives, so don't be a bitch baby about it and move on
>>
>>30789931
I've been disregarding Smogon since 2013, anon. I'm never going back there.
>>
>>30791324
>look at me I'm better than the Smogonfags aren't I special

Have a free, shiny new (You)
>>
>>30789931
If you really don't like Smogon, then go make your own community instead of bitching and being hostile towards them. No really, I will fully support anyone who tries to do this, we need to some solid competition against Smogon's monopoly in the competitive arena.

But you won't, because you're an angsty manchild who can't accomplish anything and would rather sit around and be bitter instead.
>>
>>30791324
Why?

And what do you do for / where do you play competitive?
>>
File: hahahahahaStevenFry.png (67KB, 181x201px) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahaStevenFry.png
67KB, 181x201px
>>30789975
>healthy metagames
>Put the mons we like in the same tier!
>mons we don't like or don't understand how to use go in NU/PU/RU even if some of them are better than the ones we like that we stuffed into OU/UU!
>>
>>30790140
What? That was the least harmful gen to play without sleep clause thanks to Heal Bell.
>>
>>30791388
>tiers are usage based
>>
>>30791388
>what is a usage based tier.

You know what, i think >>30791116 is right
>>
>>30791388
>Says this when tiers are usage based and bans are decided upon democratically
Anon, are you alright?
>>
File: 1481272497927.png (192KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481272497927.png
192KB, 480x480px
>>30791388
>He thinks Smogon is a group of like 5 guys circlejerking over shit they like and forcing others to go into lower tiers

You people confuse me
>>
>>30791388
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>30791411
>>30791420

same core problem, they're terrible at identifying what is competitive/viable so the mons they prefer are disproportionately represented.
>>
>>30789975
>usage based
>healthy or competitive

yeah no
>>
>>30789931
Gayest thread I've seen in a while
>>
>>30791482
ok whats your alternative
>>
Isn't the big thing regarding Smogon tiers beneath Uber based off of usage rates?
>>
>>30791460
Who the fuck is "they" that you're referring to?
>>
>>30791501
M-Rayquaza and Landorus-T on every team, obviously.
>>
>>30791510
Yes
>>
>>30791449
>delusional Smogonfags say as Megafug was put in its own tier
>>
>>30791528
yeah because megafug is way too broken for ubers, which has been seen as its own tier more than a mere banlist since gen 5
unless youre arguing that megafug isnt broken? in which case please elaborate
>>
>>30791527
So what the fuck does it matter unless the one you want to use is Uber, which to my understanding, is just base stats that are very high and access to a disgusting ability/move pool?

Just use whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>30791501
I don't know, maybe playing anything strategically viable instead of the same 15-20 mons per tier that a handful of autists use ovewhelmingly? why would you let someone else's preferences dictate what you use?
>>
File: 1471499872281.png (105KB, 180x271px) Image search: [Google]
1471499872281.png
105KB, 180x271px
>>30791449
>dexter's lab
>>
How old are you, OP?
>>
>>30791510
Both Uber and BL tiers are not strictly usage based, and are usually pokemon that have been agreed on, for one reason or another, to be too powerful to be beneath the tier they are banned to. Everything else is usage.
>>
I barely know what smogon is
>>
>>30791558
ITT: People who don't understand tiers.

Fuck this thread.
Anyone wanna play some UU on showdown?
>>
>>30791528
It's not like they did it out of love for it. Ubers is already a banlist, and it was too good even for that shit
>>
>>30790984
A lot of smogon haters don't even seem to know what smogon is.
>>
Why are you faggots playing singles? Single battles suck ass and make you fall asleep because they take 15 hours to finish.
>>
>>30791558
>anything strategically viable
So the genies, the Tapus, Megamence, and in a shocking turn of events, Alolan Marrowak. That's basically it. 9 Pokemon, versus, by your count, just under 100.
>>
>>30791558
>maybe playing anything strategically viable
ok so, instead of using tiers and having half of all fully evolved pokemon being perfectly viable in their respective tiers, youd rather remove tiers entirely and have 20 mons out of 700+ worth a damn? are you actually retarded? please explain how this is better in any way

>why would you let someone else's preferences dictate what you use?
oh, i see what the problem is. you're some delusional fuck who lurks these threads and thinks smogon is some big baddy out to kill fun despite never looking up anything for yourself. see >>30791258
>>
File: tumblr_lq04ukIMZR1qis6pso1_1280.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lq04ukIMZR1qis6pso1_1280.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
>>30791585
>chrono trigger
>>
>>30789931
this picture reeks of autism. OP is a faggot.
>>
i hate things i dont understand and refuse to educate myself!!
>>
>>30789931
Smogon and VGC are both garbage

One's for elitist pricks and the other for dumbfuck e-sports types who don't even play the actual games
>>
>>30791558
Go look at VGC, then look at Smogon tiers. VGC is basically what you're describing, and it's infamous for having only like 12 Pokemon per gen ever see use
>>
>>30791676
>One's for elitist pricks
you say this like youre speaking from experience. did someone bully you, friend?
>>
>>30791565
Yeah, I forgot about the various BL tiers when I made that post.

But really, there isn't really anything stopping pokemon in even PU from performing in OU. People pick things a lot because it does a job well consistently.

Bring a low tier to a high tier, show you're good. If you bring a high tier to a low tier, that just comes off as you being a jerk who likes to kick kids in the nuts for having fun.
>>
>>30791695
I don't even play competitive because it's so shit
>>
I don't understand the dislike of smogon's tiering system. It allows you to use your bros even if they are shitmons.
>>
>>30791709
Don't forget that a lot of PU mons hada niche in OU last gen, most notably green rain frog and derpy water ground
>>
>>30791713
oh, so you're actively protesting something you've never done and have no knowledge of? gee, color me surprised!
>>
>>30791754
>color
fucking filthy yanks
>>
>>30791558
Holy shit, you are one of them. Smogon isn't some boogyman out to deny you your favorites. If you want to use Hitmonchan or something, the only way to do so in a way that won't get your ass handed to you is on smogon. Or what, are you gonna take your Hitmonchan to VGC? Are you really going to try and accomplish anything in VGC: The team with a fucking Fearow?

Goddamn you are fucking retarded. Smogon has actual problems you could be making arguments about, but no. This delusional fucknugget is going to harp on about the single most retarded argument you can make about Smogon. Educate yourself. Go fucking read up on shit you expect to form an opinion on.
>>
>>30791388
There is nothing stopping you from using those better UU/RU/NU/PU mon in a OU match. The tiers prevent you from using a OU mon in a PU match not the other way around.
>>
>>30791616
My favorite mon sucks in doubles, so I may as well play in a format where it's good.
>>
>>30791714
It's a number of things.

1) They don't realize tiers only prevent you from bringing something down tier, not up (ie: you can use a Typhlosion in OU but not a Garchomp in PU)

2) They think everything is handpicked by a few people running Smogon who just want to put their favs at the top

3) They take tiers as some kind of highschool style hotness list. They don't see that their bro being in a lower tier than OU is helping it be viable, they see it as "lel you have shit taste faggot"
>>
>>30791929
so the majority of people are yelling about things they're too retarded to look into properly for themselves.
Great.
>>
>>30791985
Fucking millennials
>>
File: Edgar clause.jpg (140KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
Edgar clause.jpg
140KB, 600x357px
It's a good system, but the Smogon fanbase is a bunch of elitist retards and pic relateds.
>>
>>30791388
Damn you're a retard
>>
>>30791985
Worsr part is that it's basically it's a hate circlejerk that attracts newer/more casual players into it because it it has an agreeable premise if you don't know any better: "These Smogon players hate your favorite Pokemon! They call it shit and judge you for using it! Hate Smogon! Boycott their sites and never even look up what they really do!"
>>
File: 1475483985005.gif (859KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1475483985005.gif
859KB, 192x192px
>>30789931
Is this thread fucking tumblreddit satire? You don't like Smogon? Don't fucking play smogon.
>>
>>30792061
Which is sad, because if they took half a second to look into things for themselves, they'd find a place where using their favorite shitmons is not only encouraged, but expected.

>>30792042
Edgar is a fag. There are fags everywhere.
This does not mean all smogon players are Edgars.
>>
>>30791510
I don't know if they still do it, but for the longest time I remember there being an exception for Charizard. By usage, Charizard was top-tier OU, but they kept it RU or something because it sucked and wanted people to actually be able to use it well.
>>
>>30792042
Every community has assholes and retards. Especially if it's anything competitive. VGC has them too. And even if some new Meta eventually was set up to be like Smogon without any rules, it would be full of them too
>>
>>30792172
That was before they split megas into their own tiers.
>>
>>30789931
I don't hate Smogon. It's miles better than VGC, but as a massive Karenfag who has an aversion to using legendaries: Smogon needs to get it's fucking shit together. OU is more or less Little League Ubers at this point, and it's shitting up the lower tiers as a result. Genies of Healthy Meta need to go. Cancer Tikis need to go. Ayy Lmaos need to get the fuck out. What's the fucking point of even playing competitive if you can't realistically obtain 90% of the Pokemon without hax in-game? Simulator play is all fine and dandy, but Smogon needs a separate meta designed for legitimate cartridge play: No legendaries, no UBs, and no Hidden Power fuckery.
>>
>>30792323
>can't realistically obtain 90% of the Pokemon without hax in-game?
Explain?
What can i not get without hacks?
I have every gen at post game- it feels like i have access to everything i need....
>>
hey so can we talk about actual problems with smogon in this thread?

>we only tier pokemon, end of story
>jump through 70 hoops to just to protect baton pass
>>
>>30792323
at this point nobody plays smogon rules on cart aside for shits and giggles
to center a meta around how hard it is to get the mon ingame is arbitrary as fuck, also "no hidden power fuckery" is straight up stupid
>>
Smogon in general is okay. There were some smogonfags that really fit that stereotype of "this is the only way to play" though. Dunno if they still exist.

Smogon hate is often pushed by Vers
>>
>>30792323
>No legendaries, no UBs
They really aren't that bad. I can agree that some mons need to not have Hidden Power listed as they're only coverage when it comes to console.
>>
>>30792362
he is just one of those guys that probably thinks the people should ban everything that not everyone has access to even if it's not broken even though thats one reason vgc is actual cancer
>>
>>30792323
What makes "no Legendaries, no UBs" more legitimate to the cartridge experience?

Also fuck you I worked hard to get HP Fire on my Serperior
>>
>>30792390
This. seriously who the fuck plays smogon on cart?
>>
>>30792383
>"we don't want complex bans"
>goes through 3 complex bans for baton pass
>"but we can't do that for blaze blaziken/torrent greninja/etc. because complex"
>>
>>30792323
>legitimate cartridge play
>No legendaries
>no UBs
>Hidden Power fuckery
Read:
>I'm too much of a dumbass to get these things for myself.
>I caught my tapu koko with a shitty nature after the E4 and don't want to reset
>Please nerf everyone else so i don't feel like last place

kys anon
>>
>>30791558
You're so fucking retarded this has to be bait.
>>
>>30790730
>friends

I think the people with mindset are lacking in said department. Otherwise why would they need to complain about smogon rule sets.
>>
>>30792425
>as they're only coverage when it comes to console.
>as they're only coverage
>only coverage
>only
>coverage

Never pick scissors in rock paper scissors, guys; it's only coverage.
>>
>>30792461
It's basically they don't want a massive list of convoluted rules that makes it difficult for new players.
>>
>>30792362
Basically anything that can be obtained with a reasonable amount of breeding, because Hidden Powers are a massive pain in the ass. Breeding for your standard 5-6IV mon is nothing, but trying to breed for an ultra specific IV spread to get an optimal Hidden Power can take days, and nobody in their right mind wants to do that. Also, no soft resetting for legendaries or anything like that.

Basically a simplified meta designed around competitive Pokemon that are relatively easy for the average person to obtain through legitimate means.
>>
>>30792323
>ban all legendaries for no reason
I'll never understand this mindset. In a competitive format, whether a pokemon is a legendary or not is irrelevant.
>>
>>30792042
Every group of people for anything you can name under the sun has a faggot or two in the mix. Using that small percentage of faggot to decry the entire group is beyond stupid.
>>
>>30792616
then go play PU / LC?
Literally the entire point of smogon's tiers- find the one you want to play most, have fun in it.
[spoilers]whoops i forgot this is /vp/- no fun allowed here[/spoiler]
>>
>>30792616
Why does it matter when Smogon is simulator-based? The rules won't be enforced on cart, and you don't need their approval to use your own house rules with friends.
>>
>>30792628
It doesn't matter how good the legendaries are or not, what matters is how realistically obtainable the competitive versions of them are in-game. Hence why Smogon needs to create a separate format dedicated to cartridge play with competitive Pokemon that anybody can realistically obtain: The Karenfag's Meta.
>>
>>30792616
I'd be down for a metagame that ban all mons in the no-egg group and hidden power.
>>
>>30792820
But smogon makes rules for simulator play, not cart.
>>
>play by smogon rules
>have to deal with the same annoying pokemon
>play without smogon rules

You know this to be the truth. Playing by smogon rules or not its annoying either way because people are going to use whats easiest to earn them the win.

Theres no more variety in what people use in OU then there is in NU or VGC
>>
>>30792820
Why not just play on cart?
>>
>>30792765
>Stop sugesting new tiers. That's not fun.
>>
>>30792857
>>30792820
The go suggest that idea for the other metagame of the month... that is literally the point of that category.
>>30792820
>Smogon needs to create a separate format dedicated to cartridge play
Most retarded idea possible. Would instantly bring nintendo / gf down on them with cease and desist BTFO'ness.
>>
>>30792875
They do, but it would certainly be nice for them to lay the groundwork for such a meta by doing various analyses of competitive Pokemon and solid cores for such a meta and what not. For example: Nobody is going to take a new meta seriously if fucking Verlisify is the one championing for it.
>>
>>30792461
Setting up complex bans for individual pokemon sets a bad precedent. If you do that then you've got to find a tier for Swarm Scizor, Thick Fat Azumarill, Cute Charm Clefable, Hyper Cutter Gliscor, Overgrow Serperior, and Flame Body Talonflame too.
>>
>>30792980
>Would instantly bring nintendo / gf down on them with cease and desist BTFO'ness.

that only happens when Smogon decides to tamper with the game (i.e. ROM Hacking), not imposing rules of how to play an untouched cartridge.
>>
>>30792945
>doesn't want to partake in metagame because it's too 'samey'
>wants to play with karenfag 'bro 'mon
>recommends a place for you to do so
>not fun

Whatever, anon- i tried to help you.

>>30792900
>play any metagame
>playing any game at all is annoying because people are going to use whats easiest to earn them the win.
why are you playing competitive if you're just going to bitch about it anon?
Go back to solitare.
>>
>>30792941
I do, but playing on cart is cancer when damn near every other team is using hacked mons. Hence why there should be a cartridge meta designed for easily obtainable legitmons. This is the biggest failing of VGC.
>>
>>30793046
I dont think I made my post clear i'm kinda just highlighting what everyone seems to get mad about when it comes to competitive. Putting limits on what you can use will not solve any problems itll just lay the groundwork for more bullshit to come in
>>
>>30793070
But you can get perfect IV legendaries with hyper training.
What the fuck do you even want, a tier where you're not allowed to set your IVs above 20?
>>
>>30793132
>Putting limits on what you can use will not solve any problems itll just lay the groundwork for more bullshit to come in
But that is the opposite of true, anon.
Say we have no limits to battling, at all.
Your favorite pokemon is, say, hitmonchan.
The metagame instantly becomes M-Rayquaza and M-Rayquaza counters.
You try to use Hitmonchan.
You get BTFO'd because, hey, Hitmonchan isn't good enough for this meta.

If we impose limits / rules / guidelines...
Then you're free to go and use your Hitmonchan in a format where it will do (comparatively) well.
You get to have fun using your Hitmonchan and not having it utterly outclassed by things it has no chance against.

Literally- what's the harm in that ideal?
>>
>>30793137
You can get perfect IV legendaries via Hyper Training, the shittiest system ever. You also still have to sort reset for natures, which 99% of players do not do. You generally only get 1 of them per game as well, so if you forgot to soft reset, you're basically fucked. Hence why legendaries should just be banned all together in said meta.

As for the IVs thing, the meta would still be based around 5-6IV Pokemon, just the ones that are easy to obtain through legitimate means. IE: No Hidden Power.
>>
>>30793252
I agree with you on your points, smogon is definitely a step in the right direction letting certain mons being able to compete in their own bracket. But what I guess i'm trying to say is that even within these tiers lets say NU certain pokemon stand above others and other NU mons will be trash compared to them. Smogon is a step in the right direction but doesnt fix the problem. However, I really cant think of a solution to the problem myself
>>
>>30789931
Smogon hate is even more cringeworthy then diehard smogon fags
>>
>>30793391
Fair enough; you're not wrong.
Props for not being a brain-dead faggot like most of the people posting hate for Smogon here.
>>
>>30789931
>Karenfags
>almost 2017

Please stop
>>
>>30793434
Most of the idiots here are just spouting memes. I play both smogon rules and also play on battle spot once in a while.I just dislike seeing the same stuff over and over not even for the sake of losing, but just cuz it gets boring to see the same shit without any variety when we literally have over 800 mon to choose from and at any given time only like 50 or so are truly viable
>>
>>30793389
>"reset for natures"
just lead with a synchronize mon with the nature you want. easy.
>>
>>30793557
>just cuz it gets boring to see the same shit without any variety when we literally have over 800 mon to choose from and at any given time only like 50 or so are truly viable

Yeah I can understand that. I've played so many competitive type games that I've sort of become numb to that. When I play a card game or a fighting game I know usually only a small fraction of the playing field is actually good enough to be used.
>>
>>30793391
A possible way to balance the meta would be to would be to limit at what level each pokemon is allowed at. In theory most pokemon could be viable if done properly.

Although this would require a single person or group be responsible for balancing.
>>
>>30793557
That's because most of them are in fact trash.
>>
>>30793583
That's not the point. I personally did this for most of the SM legendaries, but you only get one chance to do it, and most players don't. Nobody is going to go out and buy a second game just so they can get legit legendaries, they're just going to inject them, which is why they should just be barred from participating in the meta, so that it puts all cart players on an equal playing field with no serious entry barriers, unlike VGC for example.
>>
>>30793823
Cart players don't give that much of a shit. They use the sim for that stuff.

Why don't you? Is it because you're too wrapped up in your imaginary ideas of "fairness"?
>>
>>30793823
the way I see it, that is what communities of cartridge players is for. I see many groups of players that constantly help each other out in competitive on cartridge. unfortunate for those that can't find a group like that though
>>
>>30793823
Why is your equal playing field so intolerant of anything that isn't literally perfect?
>>
>>30789975
Guess this also applies to you
>>
>>30793823
>most players don't

People that would want to play in a competitive format would.
>>
>>30793850
Because sims are soulless. The point is to get people playing the actual game again, and the only way to do that is by creating a meta that is easily accessible for the average player.
>>
>>30793931
>Because sims are soulless

The game is literally a battle simulator. The only real difference is the graphic style.
>>
>>30793931
The average player couldn't care less about the meta, stupid.

Hell, most of the "average players" I've seen on Battle Spot are snot-nosed kids using their in-game teams. You're delusional if you think they care about a metagame.
>>
>>30790730
Mostly because regardless of any community I've been in, there's always one or two shitters who can't stand people not playing showdown or Smogon. Used to even help host tournaments and we'd always have to have a poll on the format and Smogon always ever had 2-5 votes out of 50. I'm tired of the same sanctimonious "healthiest metagame around because GF is dumb" and "lol good luck finding another fan-based metagame worth a shit" from the same types of people who can't stand other people not catering to their rules. Before showdown shit was awful because these jackasses would show up even more often and insist on fights because there wasn't anywhere else to go to find battles (which even then was a flimsy excuse). With showdown however, especially in Gen 6, there was always the argument of "why bother actually playing the games when you can just come to the hottest place online". When we honestly don't care.

And that's the thing. Most people just do not care. They looked at Smogon, they didn't care for what they saw, they checked out, and they stop caring that it exists. Except when someone has to bring it up and sell them on it like door-to-door missionaries who are offended that people have opinions and preferences.

I don't give a shit about Smogon. I just want to do my own thing, and it'd be better if faggots on both sides would stop pushing this as a fight. Stop being faggots and pushing a meta on people who don't give a shit or are going to be triggered about it. And if you don't care about some jackasses playing simulators all day stop talking about them every day of the year on a Hawaiian roller coaster site.
>>
>>30791460
Yeah man, Ledian can shit all over Megafug, those retards just aren't using it right!
>>
>>30794169
>sell them on it like door-to-door missionaries

honest question; are you autistic? In all my four years in /vp/ I've never seen anyone, and I mean, ANYONE, trying to force the smogon rules for anyone

It's always the same faggots that start looking for a fight

>FUCK SMOGON, LOL STALL AM I RITE?
>FUCK SMOGONSHITTERS FOR NOT THINKING MY BRO IS IN THE SAME CATHEGORY AS RAYQUAZA
>SMOGON FORCES YOU TO ONLY PLAY IN OU WITH WHAT THEN WANT, FUCK THEM! THEY CAN'T DO SHIT TO MY CARTRIDGE

and all kinds of asinine "arguments" and meme spouting

Some of these guys hate smogon so much that everytime someone tries to make a competitive thread you always get the same stupid fuck reply

>I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT SMOGON BECAUSE I'M SO SMART LOOL FUCK YOU SHEEP!

or variations of it. Defending your right to talk about your favorite play style and website to play Pokemon shouldn't even be something if these fucks stopped caring so much about it. But they don't.
>>
>>30794298
yeah man all you need to do is face one with only earthquake while you have toxic. what scrubs think ledian loses to megafug hahaha
>>
>>30793664
So like in randbats where if you get a legend it'll be at level 70 something?

It's plausible.
>>
>>30794534
>inb4 level 14 mega fug
>>
>>30792323
At this point, I can really see another tier emerging. Somewhere between OU and UU, since there is a lot of stuff that utterly defines OU like in no other tier. I'm not even totally against the genies and the tapus, but I agree at this point there are certain things you have to do when making an OU team that no ther team really does.
UU through PU, you build your core, add some support, a counter, and a spinner, and you're golden. OU you have to include certain stuff.
>>
>>30795375
I think that's how it works in pretty much any metagame, though.
You need to be able to take on the top threats in whatever format / tier you're playing in, or you're gonna have a bad time.
UU through PU is no different- it's only the threats that are different.
>>
File: puking_brian-gap.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
puking_brian-gap.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>>30791632
>bananas in pajamas
>>
>>30789931
>>30791388
>>30790416
>>30791558

All anti-tier fags just don't know what the fuck a tier list is, or it's purpose.

If they did they would realize that it's a attempt to incorporate balance in a game that is horribly unbalanced.

Saying tiers are bad is saying that you would prefer to face Mega Rayquaza every game. Tiers are good, and they let you use your preferred pokemon regardless of how good they are.
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (82KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.jpg
82KB, 500x307px
>>30789931
its unofficial anyways, only autists try to enforce their fictional rules over regular people lol
>>
File: Overlord-Momonga.jpg (234KB, 1902x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord-Momonga.jpg
234KB, 1902x1080px
>>30795580
>Crayon Shinchan
>>
>>30789931
this is some top-tier autism

casual elitists are cancer
>>
When is lando-t going to go
Lando-I is already gone. He should be next
>>
>>30797771
When is PHEROMOSA getting banned? Or any of the Tapus, for that matter?
>>
>>30797317
this
>>
>>30789931
Fine. But then I'm bringing Mega Fug, Primal Groudon, Mewtwo, and some others.
>>
File: 250px-399Bidoof.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-399Bidoof.png
51KB, 250x250px
smogons worst nightmare is pic related, just shows you how retarded they are to be honest
>>
Could someone give me a brief explanation of the smogon rules?
While I do think Tiers are kinda stupid, what are the "fun" benefits?
>>
I don't get you fuckers.
Smogon is fucking great because their rules allow you to use your shitmon Bros in an environment where they can strive.

Smogon tiers aren't like fighting game tiers, but more like Boxing weight classes. Or are you gonna say that a Featherweight Boxer is shit tier compared to a Heavyweight?

I mostly play PU and RU, and it's great.
Fuck, they even have Little Cup. And that's fun as shit.
>>
/wfg/ multis is the best meta around anyway.

Big shouts to smogon for realising that tangrowth is OU viable only three years after me.
>>
>>30792449
There are quite some people who do so actually. Smogon has a subforum for battle requests of every tier.
>>
>>30797987

yeah that's th thing with smogon, they hate fun
Because of their cancerous behaviour of trying to get everyone to follow their rules someone was able to become world champion with a fucking pachirisu.

they are oblivious to just how much they limit the game.
and like previously mentioned, some smogon people don't even play the game, they use some retarded online simulator.
it's an echo chamber for autists
>>
>>30798110
I was hoping for a less biased answer, but I guess thats all I'll get.
>>
>>30798150

after the 100th time someone disconnects during battle cause you used something banned by smogon, you get jaded
>>
>>30797771
For what reason would they ban it?
You don't need to build an entire team around checking/countering it.
>>
File: 250px-573Cinccino[1].png (65KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-573Cinccino[1].png
65KB, 250x250px
>>30797987
See: >>30798010

Most smogon rules are mostly bans. They ban overpowered shit to UBERs, where they can play with other overpowered shit. Then there's the usage based tier lists, which are indeed more like boxing weight classes.

Take a mon like Cinccino for example. If you really want to use that mon, you can. But you'd be better off using it in the RU meta. But you're free to pit it against OU mons if you want.

Then there's the BL tiers, which are mostly bans for mons who are too strong to be in a certain tier, but not used enough to be in OU. Perfect example is Mega Alakazam. It's way to strong to be in UU, but not used enough to be OU.

And that's basically it. There are some things like sleep clauses and such. But for the rest, it's mostly usage based, with the exception of certain mons being banned because they are too damn strong.
>>
>>30797987
Tiers are usage based and bans are done by the community voting.
You can use your bro in the lower tiers without worrying about the OU threats which will be locked in their tier.
Sleep Clause also prevents the opponent from spamming Spore.
It's also much faster than cartridge play
>>
>>30797144
should amend that to "[tiers] let you use your preferred pokemon in the tier appropriate to their relative quality"
>>
>read the site a bit, get somewhat of an idea about why certain mons are in the tiers they are, less used because bad moveset/stat combinations and so on.

>read the sentence, and i paraphrase "the smogon council has decided upon [doesnt really matter in this context]"
That sentence alone cements them as faglords.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.