[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colosseum and XD and Gen 6 and 7 Headcanon/Theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Colohmori.png (784KB, 814x1163px) Image search: [Google]
Colohmori.png
784KB, 814x1163px
Colosseum and XD were both developed by Genius Sonority, not GameFreak. I think Genius Sonority has somehow retained copyrights to the scenario/plot of these games, so that you don't see any references to these two games in the mainline series because that might entitle GS to royalties of sales of the mainline games.

This goes so far as to include copyright to the Orre region, which is why when traded to the mainline series Pokemon ID fields never reference the Orre region, but instead a "distant land."

Recognizing that you can't reference these plot elements outright, I think the last two generations are nonetheless using them as a design inspiration for characters/plot elements. Anyone who's ever scrubbed trademarked ideas from what originally started as a fanfic/fan tribute is going to recognize this is actually a decent source for creative inspiration.

I think you will never see any outright mention of Colosseum or XD in any future Pokemon game, and they'll probably never get remade without GS's blessing/direct involvement. At the same time, you'll continue to see these games get plundered for design inspiration that aren't necessarily meant to be references for fans, but just a consequence of GF's current team using them for ideas.

I imagine this would make good content for an obnoxious Pokemon Youtube video, but I'm also wondering if anyone else has noticed this. You can easily handwave/dismiss this as plot ideas/design elements shared across video games and anime, but it feels a bit more to me.
>>
xD
>>
>>30779596
Thanks mate
>>
>>30779577
No. They don't use non gamefreak elements with the exception of the anime.
>>
>>30779577
I simply think they weren't successful enough due to the Gamecube being a giant flop and therefore making the pokemon people try really hard to make everyone forget about these games ever existing.
>>
>>30779651
I agree with you that they don't. What I am suspicious of is that I think they're using these games for ideas, though, and they're only obscuring their inspiration for their ideas so much.

Snagem/Cipher parallels Skull/Aether pretty neatly, and the only precedent the series has for Lysandre and Lusamine going hyper mode for their final battles is Es Cade turning into Evice. That's something that's pretty prone to being dismissed as "you see that in other video games and anime all the time" but at the same time Xerosic and Faba parallel Ein, and Faba even copies Ein's mannerisms, and sort of copies his Pokemon team typing. And then design elements of Flare and Aether come pretty close to those of Snagem and Cipher, including team members and the aesthetics of their bases.

The UB-00 series codenames have their precedent in Shadow Lugia being codenamed XD-001. Beast Balls might likewise have been inspired by Snag Balls.

These aren't elements being reused or even "references" you're meant to get. They're concepts that are being 'GameFreak-washed', if you like, to fit Kalos and Alola, and anyone who ever wanted to revisit Orre or see remakes will instead be able to content themselves by finding their ideas recycled in these new games.
>>
>>30779699
It is weird you have people on /vp/ coming out of the woodwork to say they loved these games. They were loathed back in the day for forcing double battles upon you, and sales were brisk but certainly not blockbuster in the context of the Pokemon franchise.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.