/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Game Freak's endgame with giving types passive buffs,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1477348948751.gif (727KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1477348948751.gif
727KB, 500x330px
What is Game Freak's endgame with giving types passive buffs, like Electric's ability to avoid Paralysis? Gen VI seemed to really add a lot of these, and VII gave one more to the list. They've only improved as the games have gone on, starting with the obvious "no similar status" on Fire and Ice types. Are they eventually going to give all types something like this?

So far we have in Gen VII:
>Fire types cannot be burned through any means
>Electric types cannot be paralyzed through any means
>Grass types cannot be hit by "spore" or "powder" moves (so natural Safety Goggles/Overcoat)
>Ice types cannot be frozen through any means
>Poison types cannot be poisoned (except via Corrosion) and they soak up Toxic Spikes
>Flying types are immune to every entry hazard introduced so far, except sneaky pebbles. They also don't receive passive buffs from Terrain unless grounded since they are naturally "airborne"
>Ghost types cannot be trapped through moves like Fire Spin, Mean Look, etc. and abilities like Arena Trap
>Dark types ignore the priority boost from Prankster and make the move fail outright
>Steel types are immune to the poison status (except through Corrosion)

What else could we see in the future? So far, these types have nothing:
>Normal
>Water
>Fighting
>Ground
>Bug
>Rock
>Dragon
>Fairy
>>
>>30777429
Water or dragon might lose being burned.
Ground might lose paralysis via body slam and the like.
Rock won't be damaged by sneaky pebbles.
>>
>>30777632
>dragon losing the ability to be burned
fuck no
>>
>>30777632
>Water or dragon might lose being burned.
please no
>>
Psychic mon should be immune to confusion
>>
>>30777632
>Water or dragon might lose being burned.
I WANT THIS AND I WANT IT NOW GODDAMMIT
>>
Normal types are now immune to the opponent's moves that cause confusion

It's the only one I can think of
>>
>>30777429
Heavy pokemon can't be made airborne.
>>
>>30777793
I've thought of that one too. Something like if the Pokemon is heavier than the user of an attack, they would be immune to moves like Sky Drop, Seismic Toss, Circle Throw, etc. It's a neat way to sort of do an inverse of how moves like Low Kick and Heavy Bomber work.

Also, does Rock getting the SpDef boost in Sandstorm count as something? The other weathers and terrains haven't really been included and I don't think they should, but it's worth mentioning. And on that note, Ice definitely needs a Def boost in hail or something.
>>
>>30777429
Some ideas that I can come up with:
>Normal gets nothing because it's normal
>Water types don't take damage from multitarget water type moves (but these moves still activate abilities), since I can see most water types just swimming through a wave like air
>Fighting types have an increased chance of landing critical hits (10%? that too much?) due to being masters of their battling style
>Bug types have higher evasion on Grassy Terrain
>>
>>30777429
It gives a sense of uniqueness and world build, I feel they're not just for balance
>>
>>30777793
They already have immunity to Sky Drop
>>
>>30778031
>Making doubles rain teams even more obnoxious

Stop right there
>>
>>30778113
Speaking of

>Burns can't be made in Rain
>Fire moves have twice the burn chance in Sun

Fuck off Scald you get nothing
>>
>>30777686
This

Other ideas I have include
Fighting could be immune to stat drops due to being a type associated with training
Fairy could get auto buffed from terrain due to being mostly nature based pokemon
Dragon could be immune to losing items because hoarded treasure
Bug could be able to use 2 turn moves in a single turn because of short lives
Ground types could ignore stealth rocks and defog to to being so low
Water could ignore priority due to liquids having more mass then gasses
As for rock I guess you could have it so they restore 1/16th of hp under sand
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.