[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Type changes thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 9

File: 1466302599859.gif (869KB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
1466302599859.gif
869KB, 300x164px
>Fairy is now weak to Normal
>Water is now weak to Poison
>Ice now resists Grass
>Rock now resists Dragon
>Fairy is no longer immune to Dragon, it only resists it

How much better is the meta?
>>
>fairy is now weak to normal
No
>>
>>30777259
Nothing resists Executive Koala
>>
>>30777259
>making grass worse
Make ice resist ground instead.
>>
>Nerfing grass
>Not nerfing fairy's bug and fight resists

Just stop
>>
>>30777431
That's actually a good change.

Would make Hail teams even more awesome. Also give things like Walrein, Abomasnow, and Lapras some improved staying power.
>>
>people are still butthurt about fairies ruining "muh dragons"
>>
>>30777259
>Fairy is now weak to Normal

Stop. The entire point of the Normal type is that its not SE against anything.
>>
>Ghost is now weak to/resisted by Fairy instead of Dark
>Psychic is immune to Fairy
>Water and Fighting are weak to Poison
>Ice resists Water and Ground and loses its Rock weakness
>also Ice Beam loses its TM status or is otherwise no longer available to every Water-type and their grandma
>>
There are now usable ice types
>>
>>30777533
Not giving Ice Beam to Water types would be a big fail. Half the reason it's a TM is because not many people can run a decent Ice type on their team, since so many are too frail to attack and the few that are offensive and commonly used lean toward physical.
>>
>>30777439
Thosenever made sense to me. How the fuck did they come to the conclusion that "These cutesy little shits are going to take less damage from having their shit knocked into the pavement by Machamp!" Also bugs are creepy little fucks it makes more sense to me that they'd be more effective against literal fairies. Fucking gamefreak man.
>>
>>30777533
What's the point for Psychic to resist Fairy? That wouldn't accomplish much.
>>
>>30777566
Half the reason Ice-types are never used is because if you want one you just run a Water with Ice Beam. Locking Ice coverage to select pokemon makes Ice-types more valuable. Add the above Fairy nerf and now you've got reasons to actually run them.

>>30777583
Psychic is probably the second worst type defensively just behind Ice and arguably next to Bug. It'd give it a defensive niche and it'd put a damper on fairyspam.
>>
>>30777259
Normal should not be SE against anything
Ice resisting Grass is pointless change.
Rock resisting Dragon doesn't matter much.
Dragon immunity was the right decision. Something being immune to Draco Meteor is good.
>>
>>30777533
>>Ice resists Water and Ground and loses its Rock weakness
I don't think Ice should lose the Rock Weakness. Rock is shitty enough as it is.

Ice should definitely resist water and ground though. I don't remember much about Gen 1 (I was 12 at the time), but didn't Ice resist water back then? Hard to remember since damn near every Ice type was part Water.
>>
>>30777570
Punching an Eldritch abomination never works.

Remember fairfolk where the original Eldritch unnatural beasts in mythos, going straight and punching one of them was never a good idea.

Fighting shits on dark the combat pragmatist, but can't deal with an unnatural trickster, that's how it goes in Japan.
>>
>>30777638
Are you retarded? Psychic is a decent defensive typing, big neutralities, resistance to itself and fighting do give them some reliable switch in opportunities, being a bulky psychic is honestly a good thing.
>>
File: 1368143934854.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1368143934854.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>30777701
>being a bulky psychic is honestly a good thing.
Guess that explains why Necrozma is doing so well in OU.
>>
>>30777678
Heath Capacity, ice can't resist water. It's plain stupid.

Heath Capacity is the most important attribute of water, heck is the whole reason there is life in this fucking planet, the ability of water to store energy in its molecules and its resistance to release it is the whole foundation of this planet and the reason why ice can't resist water.
>>
>>30777701
That's not remotely true. Just look at Mespirit or Uxie.
>>
>>30777678
Half the Ice-types are instantly shat on by sneaky pebbles. Simply losing the weakness to pebbles would make Ice more viable.

>>30777701
Weak to Knock Off, Pursuit and Sucker Punch. The few defensive Psychics (aka just D-Deoxys) are where they are because of their ridiculous minmaxed stats. Then you have shitmons like Claydol, Hypno and Musharna who struggle mightily because they can be just Pursuit-trapped by some asshole.
>>
>>30777749
Well having at least a Fairy resistance would make them more useful. Look at how easily Clefairy moved to OU once it had its typing changed.
>>
>>30777728
>ice can't resist water. It's plain stupid.
And yet Water isn't SE against Steel (rust), Poison isn't SE against Water (pollution), Poison isn't SE against Bug (pesticide), etc.

I get where you're coming from though. But type match-ups haven't always made sense.
>>
>>30777782
Stealth Rock definitely fucks with the meta.

It should either do a flat damage like the others or have more reliable ways to remove it that don't require carrying Defog/Rapid Spin. Rock-types should be able to remove it from the field.
>>
>>30777718
Necrozma has a decent movepool but it's a 3 gimmick ensemble.

Think of Reuninclus and Mew, 2 stellar choices in singles tournaments, heck one of smogon tournaments featured a bulky Reuninclus core that had 100% winrate.

Also think of what psychic actually offers when coupled with other types, such as slowbro, tell me how fucking great it is to BTFO of fighting and psychic options to hit a water type.

The strength of psychic comes in the huge set of neutralities it carries both offensively and defensively wich allows you to stack a psychic if you have issues with fighting wallbreakers without having to change your team a lot.
>>
>>30777259
>Fairy already fucked over by sludge bomb which everyone and their mom runs
>Fairy already fucked over by prevalent steel types especially now that heavy slam is on everything meta relevent
No it's fine.
>Fairy is no longer immune to Dragon, it only resists it
Gen 4 shitter detected. Get the fuck over it. Your favorite Barney and landshark cancer are over with. I for one am so glad our dragon overlords are dead.
>>
>>30777749
Are you using Uxie well dude? I had no issues in old UU, he is just outclassed by azelf and Reuninclus on higher tiers.
>>
>>30777849
>Necrozma has a decent movepool but it's a 3 gimmick ensemble.
Necrozma also has really good stats suited for a defensive mon. What holds it back is it's shitty mono-psychic typing.

And what are you talking about a 3 gimmick ensemble?

>>30777849
>Think of Reuninclus and Mew
Reuniclus was popular not only because of it's amazing ability, but because Knock Off wasn't all that common in Gen 5. It was far less reliable last gen. And Mew, I'm not really familiar enough with it to make any concrete statements.

>>30777849
>The strength of psychic comes in the huge set of neutralities it carries both offensively and defensively wich allows you to stack a psychic if you have issues with fighting wallbreakers without having to change your team a lot.
Please see >>30777782
>>
>>30777808
Not all types of steel rust, water is the universal solvent, several insects are immune to toxins due to how their bodies adapted to their environment.

Seriously dude, stop trying to force that shitty meme of ice resisting water. It makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>poison is weak to fire
>>
>>30777259
>>Water is now weak to Poison
>>Fairy is no longer immune to Dragon, it only resists it
Pls kys
>>
Do you realize that pursuit is used mostly because of how fucking good psychic types are?

It was made to keep them in check, and even with that they can still come in and take neutral hits like bosses.

I'm an advocate of CB Ttar, but a Pokémon having weaknesses to a priority isn't a fucking issue when you actually team build.

For the record Reuninclus had 100% win record in a gen 6 tournament, even with knock off, even with bisharp running rampant and fucking cb Ttar everywhere this bulky psychic gave a lot of synergy to its team.

Mew was also used a lot there and so did mega Alakazam as a middle finger to HO, lastly why do you think mega gross is so fucking good? Neutral zen headbutt 2hkos a lot of shit, it is achieved by being a shaman level stab, not as spamable as rock, flying, dark or ghost, but still one of the best neutral stabs in the game.
>>
>>30777941
bitch, why the fuck is rock strong against flying. we're not throwing rocks at birds.

stop thinking, its a kids game.
>>
>>30777259
>Ice now resists Grass, Water, Poison, and Electric
>Psychic and Ghost resist Fairy
>Grass and Steel resist each other
>>
>>30778171
Several of the stuff on types are actually puns in Japanese, so yep there is that.
>>
>>30777259
>Ice now resists Ground and Water
>Hail now boosts the defense of ice types by 50%
>Freeze dry now has 80 power and is much more widespread

Fixed
>>
File: toucannon.jpg (1MB, 1435x1422px) Image search: [Google]
toucannon.jpg
1MB, 1435x1422px
From an unbiased point of view, these are things that need to be done:

>Water nerf
>Fairy nerf
>Ice defense buff
>Bug buff
>Grass offense buff (or just give them wider movepools, fuck)
>Rock defense buff

My shitty ideas:

>Water is NFE against Ice
>Fairy is weak to and NFE against Bug
>Ice gets the often mentioned Hail phys def boost, better distribution of physical Ice moves, and more weather abilities. Perhaps Hail immunity could also be spread to a few other types to encourage its use.
>Grass types get much more access to Ground moves.
>Rock now resists itself and absorbs Stealth Rock

Ice also resisting Electric or Ground is something to consider.
A more exotic possibility I've seen is its resistances and weaknesses being cut down to just Fire and Ice.
>>
>>30778338
Heath Capacity, water should actually be super effective on ice, let's be glad it's actually neutral.
>>
>>30778338
Add Grass resisting Fairy to this and it's perfect.
>>
>>30778370
No, no one cares about strict scientific things, from a casual point of view it would make sense for Ice to resist water. It's some kind of super cold supernatural ice, not a fucking ice cube
>>
>>30778338
In mythology fairies often commanded bugs and plagues to do their bidding, also in Japan Bugs are often seen as heroes, hence the interaction they have with the fighting type.

Both bugs and fighting being NVE on fairy does make sense, even if it is a stupid nerf to bug, also fuck u turn I guess.

Rock doesn't need to absorb stealth rock, and rock resisting rock is a huge nerf on the actual type, not a buff.
>>
>>30778423
From a casual point of view nobody fucking cares and the majority of Ice-types are based on animals that live in colder climates, not shit like that snowflake pokemon whose name I can't remember.
>>
>>30777570
They did try and do the Dark Fae a bit, and if they do release more Dark Fae than just Mawile it will make more sense.

Cause what will punching do against The fae who in response will just rip your veins out of your body and turn you into a puppet or will shatter into smaller pieces of themselves, dig into your skin and slowly and painfully take your body over, limb by limb.
>>
>>30778423
It exists, water should be super effective on water, and we should be grateful it is just neutral and freeze dry exists.

Ice could actually resist fairies as by mythology most where ruled by winter whereas in the early 20s the mythos reinvention added their weakness to sudden temperature changes and not only to environmental degradation or cold steel.

Ice could resist fairy without issues.
>>
>>30778472
Frankly people just need to admit that following resistances and weaknesses thematically is a terrible idea and doesn't actually properly balance the game. Fairy-types are prime examples of this.
>>
If they buffed Grass and Ice, Fairy would consequently be nerfed.

The problem is that they introduced Fairy trying to also buff Steel and Poison offensively, the problem is, still nobody wants to use those moves because they are only good to counter Fairies.

If Grass saw more usage, more people would use Poison moves to counter them. If more people used Ice types, more people would use Steel moves to counter them.

Then Fairy would be nerfed quite a bit, as the types it is weak to would be much more used.
>>
>Steel regains Dark and Ghost resists
>Steel weak to Psychic instead
Psychic deserves this
>>
>>30778498
Not really.

Gf buffed poison and steel while being on theme on what could actually kill a fairy, wich more often than not where stupidly hard to slay.

Dragon immunity is not obscure either, they often commanded dragons or where above them in mythos, also several heroes received the magical trinkets to harm dragons from fairies.

A fighter can't win fair and square against the fairfolk, that's the fucking point of the stories where they where slain, the hero had to outrick them and get them on their own ruleset or use a plebothinum poison/cold steel to actually harm them. Most of the time they didn't even manage to kill them, just weaken them and trap them.

Fairies did command bugs, there is one myth of them controlling flies to drop caravans from cliffs and feast on the bones of the ones who fell to their ravine, there is also the japanese thing of hero bugs and fighting types to considerate.

A defensive buff to fire is actually on theme as most fairies loved damp places and loathed sudden temperature changes, chemical fires was one of the things that could stop them cold as well as a freezer.

They where on theme.
>>
>>30778655
>as well as a freezer
>not weak to ice
>ice doesn't resist them
shit theme
>>
>>30777259
>Fairy is now weak to ghost and no longer resists bug
>Ice type moves, when used by ice types, have a 30% chance to freeze
>Ice is no longer weak to Steel
>Poison is SE against water
Better?
>>
>>30778684
That's my main gripe, freezing a fairy was a good way to stop them in the reinvented mythos, sadly they only adapted the fire one with them being unable to adapt to it.

That buff to the ice type is sorely missed.
>>
>>30778688
>buffing ghost type
This is why Game Freak laughs at fans
>>
>>30778741
I think Ice only works for a Fairy weakness when were talking about fae that have a plant like thematic to them, like the Fae of Malifaux. But then they would be better as Fairy/Grass
>>
>>30778832
In the past, pretty much the only consistently good ghost has been Gengar, and he got pretty much shat on this gen. What's wrong with making ghosts more relevant? It's not SE against anything except Psychic and itself.
>>
>>30777259
Fairy is already good because it makes poison relevant. Before that Poison was right up there with one of the shittiest types.
>>
>>30778891
Love the Steel weakness though, cause of Cold Iron. Maybe Normal Should resist/Super Effective against them since you could go for the whole Sanity/Normality hurts the fae. It would also probably help Norm out.
>>
>>30777259
>Anything weak to normal
>Making grass even worse
No thanks
>>
>>30777684
I'm not sure if you noticed but Fairy isn't the "eldritch abomination" type
>>
>>30777259
But OP, the Types already make sense, like Fighting:
>You can't punch a bird easily.
>Your machine doesn't work? Punch it
>You hate ice cream? Punch it
>You hate fucking normies? Punch it
>>
>>30778654
But Steel doesn't deserve a buff.
Better make Fairy weak to Psychic instead.
>>
>>30777583
GALLADE BUFF
>>
>>30778655
>the hero had to outrick them
They should be weak to dark then, or at least psychic.
>>
>>30777259
>nerfing grass for no reason

another idiot thread
>>
With the Ice Beam conundrum, what if it was base 45 power that doubles when used by an ice type?
>>
Getting pretty tired of retards making these threads. To make things worse they're usually bugfags who consistently fail to realize that their type isn't even the worst anymore. Only icefags and rockfags have legitimate complaints, and grassfags talking about offensive coverage on grass mons specifically as well. Psychicfags shut the fuck up. Your type is worse than dragon with the amount of legendaries and rare mons shoved into it.
>>
>>30779243
God no, I don't want dragons laughing even harder at everything.
>>
>>30778982
When 80% of the original fairy tales had them as these inhuman creatures that where either grotesque or uncanny beautiful that didn't adhere to the laws of man or nature, well the fairfolk where the original Eldritch abominations.
>>
>>30778918
Because Ghost-type is one of the best offensive types in the game as well as being a good type in general? That's an issue with the Pokemon, not the typing.

You honestly have to be fucking stupid to think that Ghost needs a buff in any way.
>>
>>30779348
This would be in conjunction with buffing Ice types. I'm just trying to fix the "buff Ice without also buffing Water" problem
>>
>>30779134
The evil type is about being a combat pragmatist, kicking a fairy in the groin won't stop them dude, out tricking a fairy often means knowing the rules they operate in and squash them with their domains.
>>
>>30779426
I guess, but imo the only thing Ice-types really need is to resist Fairies and hit them super effectively as well as Gamefreak ditching the slow, bulky Ice-type meme.
>>
>>30779378
Yes, but fairy-types are generally pink blobs
>>
>>30779467
Ice should resist ground and flying instead, makes slightly more sense.

Psychic should resist fairy instead.
>>
>>30779509
I don't really care about themes, those can kiss my ass for all I care. Nerfing fairies and making Ice-types slightly better is, imo, the best idea.
>>
>>30779467
I'd say resist is enough.

Winter often marked their highest activity peak.

The fairies are weak to freezing or lower temperatures came much later with the damp fairies and plant symbiotic fairies in novels.

This could be ignored but ice really needs a resistance.
>>
How about this?

Ice is immune to fairy and resists ground and water.
Reduce Ice beam coverage or make it a 95% accuracy move.
Grass resists fairy.
Flying and poison resist steel.
Steel resist Ghost.
Ghost is strong to fairy.

How did I do?
>>
Ice resists ground and flying, loses fighting weakness.
Grass loses flying weakness and is no longer resisted by dragon. It now resists fairy.
Fairy trades dragon immunity to a resistance, is hit SE by bug, and is resisted by psychic.
Water is hit SE by poison.
Rock loses water and ground weakness
Steel trades poison immunity for resistance, still can't be poisoned. Loses bug resistance.
Dragon is no longer weak to itself. Gains a weakness to steel.
Normal loses fighting weakness, resists fairy, and gains a dragon weakness.
Ghost gains psychic weakness
Scald is now 65 power
Stealth rock ignores type
Knock off doesn't double in power
Ice beam drops to 80 power
Aurora beam is now 90 power
Rock slide has 100 accuracy
Substitute always breaks after 1 hit
Full para is removed
Confusion hit chance is 25%
Wild charge has no recoil
Eviolite is gone
>>
Fairy gains weakness to Grass, loses bug resist.

Grass gains fairy resist.

Ice loses Rock weakness, gains Ground resistance, deals normal damage to Fire.

Boom
>>
>>30779542
Terrible. Try again.
>>
>>30779555
The only good thing in your post is the first idea. Everything else is bad desu
>>
>>30779542
Badly. Reducing ice beam's accuracy hurts ice types too.
More thing's resisting steel isn't the problem, the problem is how many things steel resists.
Agree on grass resisting fairy, but ghost is already too good. Agree on steel resisting ghost again.
Ice is alright, but it being immune to fairy seems odd to me. Maybe immune to water and resists fairy and ground or something.
>>
>>30779555
Probably the best idea in the whole thread. Ice could use another resistance though.
>>
>>30779542
Ice can't resist water heath capacity, if anything ice would be weak to water, ground is a weird one given how big hicks of ice interact with ground but it could work.
>>
>>30779609
>Ice being immune to a blatantly overpowered type is odd
>let's make it immune to a type that isn't quite as overpowered
What?
>>
>>30779659
Genuinely stupid or ironically retarded?

Scald and the continuous presence of bulky water types are tantamount to the domineering presence of water, and if it isn't on your lists of types to be nerfed, you're quite frankly wrong. Plus, Ice already has freeze dry, it makes sense for it to gain continual advantages over water.
>>
>>30779659
>Actually thinking Fairy is overpowered
>Thinking Fairy is stronger than Water
Do people here actually play Pokemon competitively?
>>
>>30779542
way too harsh on fairy.
>>
>>30779723
Water-types aren't the problem, that's just Scald. Nerfing Scald would do a good job in hurting Water-types and widening Freeze Dry's distribution would help too. Actually nerfing the type is unnecessary.
>>30779729
If you don't think Fairies are overpowered then you're an idiot, plain and simple.
>>
>>30779609
Ice refracts light. Fairy seems to be in the general case.
And what is wrong with making another Typing with weaker accuracy? Rock, Fighting, and Dragon have decent moves that have lowered accuracy. This doesn't stop them from being good. Because so many random pokemon decide to know ice beam ( Can you explain Tauros to me? Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower. ) This is quite a crime. Lowering Ice beam's accuracy is fair. If the lowered accuracy is too low, using frost breath or freeze dry is the solution. The same for rock and dragon. If you don't like Stone Edge's low accuracy, you'd resort to Rock Slide right? Don't like Dragon Rush? use Dragon Claw.

Making Ghost strong to fairy is fair for giving Steel's resistance towards it. Currently, if you want to super effectively hit a fairy type, you'd aim at the fairy's second typing if it has one. Giving flying to resist steel makes flying types more viable when steel power creep try to take a rise, which is fair since they can resist ghost in that trade off.

Fairy could use a 3rd weakness, and so if you don't believe it should be ghost, what would you make it?
>>
>>30779729
Bug fags ensue.

Scald need to be a 10% burn chance instead of being a single target lava plume clone.

Ice can't resist water, electric can't either, so probably rock would gave to lose a weakness instead although water erodes rock and soil.

It's tricky to nerf water, poison can't BE SE, ice can't be SE, I guess it really needs to lose the ability to hit SE on a type to be balanced.
>>
>>30779807
>Fighting and Dragon
>moves with lowered accuracy
No they fucking don't. That's why Close Combat and Outrage are so good, because they're strong and hits really hard without having a chance to miss.

And everyone complains about Stone Miss. Lower accuracy moves are not the solution, that shit should be avoided as much as possible.
>>
>>30779807
Fairy isn't light by lore, most fairies are nocturnal monsters in myth.

Seversl thrived in winter, some vanished during it.

Their interactions are weird.

And no, not every type needs to have the same number of weaknesses, scald is the main issue with water types, all of their resistances and SE make sense, except the fact that water would be effective on ice, but let's thank God it isn't.

Scald needs a burn chance nerf.
>>
>>30779780
Agreed. give Scald even a 85% or 90% accuracy would cause some to use surf again for the pure damage. Currently in this meta, no one would ever use surf over scald.
>>
>>30779382
>ghost is one of the best offensive types in the game
It's only decent moves are Shadow claw and shadow ball. Gengar rose to the top because it had amazing coverage and speed, along with three immunities. Most ghosts are unusable because they get completely walled by Dark types or anything with decent Special Defense.
What in your mind makes ghost so good that using it to balance out something that's taken over the meta is a bad idea?
>>
>>30779854
> Doesn't know about High Jump Kick, Jump Kick, Sky Upper Cut.
You do know Close Combat has defensive drawbacks right? Same for Super Power.
>Outrage locks you into the move for 2-3 turns.
>Fairies switch in
More people are using Dragon Claw in place of Outrage on Garchomps.
>>
>>30779942
I'm a retard, I forgot about those. And nobody uses Sky Uppercut but Kommo-o, who gets shit on for it.

Still, lower accuracy moves aren't the issue. The lack of a strong, low drawback Rock move still hurts.
>>
>>30779501
>>30778982
>>30777684

Fairy-Folk are usually traditionally 'cutesy' are pretty like Elves, or small gnome things or whatever, hence the 'Cute' factor for many of them. But at the same time they are capricious creatures of their own whims and fancies. Hence why something like Clefable is Fairy type- they come from the moon, stay away from people...It's also why the Tapu's are Fairy monsters, they're capricious island deities

Fairy's are weird. They're cute but they can fuck you up with curses and shit. I'm surprised Ninetails original didn't get a fairy typing due to it's nine-tailed fox basis
>>
>>30779928
Again, that's not an issue of the type itself. Ghosts having incredibly good coverage and decent defenses (two immunities, some resistances, can't be trapped) is fine. They're not underpowered and they're not incredibly broken.
>>
>>30779807
>fighting, and dragon
Good types, mostly good mons.

>rock
People always complain about stone edge and rock slide, and rock isn't even good outside of tyranitar, terrakion, and nihilego. Its a bit like ice, really.

Do not make Ice worse out of some imagined "fairness".
Fairy's third weakness could be Grass, or Psychic.
>>
>>30779991
You say the aren't the issue, but they are being presented as the solution for balancing MOVES. Someone can argue that Ice types need a buff, but we don't want to make the mistake of making power creeps in the process. Because so many pokemon get Ice beam ( Again, explain why a pokemon like Tauros and so many others get it and I will be okay with accuracy being at base 100 ), nerfing the move in general is what we need. If you want to complain that those with Ice Types will also suffer, give every ice type Freeze Dry. Physical Ice Types are okay with Icicle Crash ( another move with lower accuracy ), but they still do so. Ice beam will survive even at 90% accuracy, even on pokemon who won't get stab from them because they wouldn't want to run HP Ice instead if they have access to a 90 BP 90 Accuracy Ice beam.

I am not ruining Ice. I am ruining Ice Beam. If you give every special ice type freeze dry, this change will be okay.

>>30779900
Lore you say? Can we agree that if we use the human world as an example, everything is pretty much destroyed and engulfed by fire if you left it be so.

>>30779900
What's the lore on Dark's Immunity to Psychic, Dark's weakness to bug, Fairy's immunity to bug, and why not throw in Fairy's weakness to poison, because I can say that poison, like fire, can pretty much kill any animal species we have. Stop giving lore all the power in the world. They are just words strung into a story.

>>30780055
I didn't really cover rock. Other anons have. I don't know how to fix it though. They do get Stealth rocks.

And I can accept grass or psychic as a weakness.
>>
>>30780042
They're not underpowered and they're not broken, yes. But making them SE against fairy wouldn't make them broken either. The ones who would benefit most from it would be types weak to fairy who get Shadow Ball or Claw as a coverage move.
>>
Espers vs dirty fighters.

Bugs are gerbil in Japan, a hero vs a dirty fighter.

Thsts pretty much it, they went with a combat pragmatist to nerf gen1 psychic, nothing more nothing less.
>>
File: dieto.png (19KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
dieto.png
19KB, 360x360px
>>30777259
>dragons barely moved down thanks to practically every single one carrying Poison Jab or Iron Head
>FAIRIES RUINED MUH DRAGON
>>
>>30780202
Agreed. If the pokemon isn't getting stab off of Shadow Ball or Shadow Claw, it's not going to be more devastating than a stab thunderbolt. (160SE Ghost versus 135 Stab Electric/Fire/Ice/ whatever). It may accidentally make Marshadow way too strong, but... It's still part fighting so fairy can still punch back.

Gengar was just nerfed by it's ability. If we want ghost to have some sort of representation in OU, Ghost should be SE against Fairy, But thanks to >>30780055 , I am okay with Grass or Psychic being the one that are SE to Fairy.

Grass because it makes grass more viable in the meta. Psychic I like more because with the rise of Psychic types, Ghost would also rise at the same time.
>>
These are the type buffs/nerfs that would ACTUALLY fix the game:

>Ice Resists Flying
>Ice is SE against Water
>Ice moves purged from most of the non-Ice Pokemon that get them for balance

>Rock resists Fairy
>Rock resists Bug(Seriously? I often have to remind myself that this ISN'T a thing.)

>Bug is SE against Fairy(Bug is SE against Dark and Psychic because "spook" factor. Why not the same against Fairy?)

>Steel is SE against Dragon(this is obvious)
>In return, Steel no longer resists Dragon(because that shit made no sense anyways)

>Water no longer resists Steel(this makes literally no sense. Is it because swinging a sword underwater is tough...? Or you can't cut water? Really GF? Why not resist everything then?)
>Water resists Ground(this should've been a thing anyways.)

>Poison is SE against Water(polluting water bois.)

>Purge Poison and Steel moves from Dragons(or just give them one or the other, not both.)
>Purge Grass Knot from Fire Types
>So on, so forth. Anything that makes 0 sense and breaks some mons.)

>Mega Evolving reduces your current health by half. (now there's an actual backdraw besides having no item.)

>Hail buffs Freeze chance by 10% for moves that have that chance

>Make Sandstorm a fucking Ground-type move and give the Sp.Def to Ground-types. It's SAND. Why have a Ground-type if you count tiny particles as Rock and not Ground.

>Flying types and Pokemon with Levitate(/magnet rise) have natural 5% evasion chance on contact moves(Ex: Someone uses Close Combat on a flying type, so it basically becomes 95% accurate.)
>>
>>30780168
>Dark Immune to psychic
Can't read the mind of pure evil, you'll go crazy. Staring into abyss,etc etc.

>Dark weak to bug
Hive mind tactics ignore tricks and deceit.
Bugs make their refuge, a lot of them anyway, in dark, damp places.

>Fairy's immunity to bug
You meant resist. Fairy's resist bug due some element of natural subservience, probably. Fey are forest lords and all that jazz, its only natural creatures of the forest wouldn't harm them. Grass is exempt, as, well, its literally THE forest.

>Fairy's weakness to poison
Industry. Industry destroys nature, which is where fairies reside. Pollution, which is poison, is a byproduct of (steel) industry.

Any typed could be argued to beat any type, but in these situations we must go for Occam's Razor-the simplest. It is a kids game, after all. Is it more likely that fire types can go up to the sun's heat and are SE on all types, or that fire would act like typical jrpg fire and be weak to water? Not too hard, my man.
>>
>>30780338
haha
no
>>
The only changes I would ever consider making:

> Ice resisting Water
They're basically the same element (and didn't someone even say bug and fighting resist eachother because they are both the "hero" type in japan?), also ice and water cohexist in the poles, so don't give me the "but water melts ice" argument

> Fairy no longer resisting Bug
Ok, fairies might be said to control bugs, but there are so many versions of fairy folklore across cultures... we all know GF did this to nerf U-turn, but Fairy is already a pretty good type even without that

Outside of those, maybe only making Grass resist Fairy, but going past the type chart, I think other changes could be, under hail, either Ice types recieving a Defense boost or non-ice types getting a speed drop, and also giving Grass types better move coverage
>>
>>30780338
Most of this is stupid and wrong.

Why nerf Megas? Why on earth you would ignore heath capacity to buff ice.

Are you retarded? Water never resisted ground.

Steel resisting dragon is actually fine.
>>
>>30780338
Ignoring all your type changes, your ideas on mega evolution, on ground and sandstorm, and on contact moves are retarded.

Contact adds even more luck into basic shit, and for no penalty at all. Basically giving a free chance as long as you use a flying mon that you get a free turn, which is shit.

Ground is already too fucking good, sand rush excadrill and landorus(both forms) are a testament to this. Garchomp under sandstorm turns into even more of a nightmare as well. Rock actually needs that boost, ground does not.

Mega evolving cutting your health in half is so stupid it makes it completely not worth it. Any tank mega is almost immediately fucked over if they are outsped.
>>
>>30780428
>>30780365

>"lol ur dumb"

Nice refuting points bois. Sure is an extended Summer here in /vp/.

>"why nerf Megas"

Why not? And I said Water resists Ground in my idea, if you can read.
>>
>>30780489
I'm assuming you are retarded as most of what you posted is beyond the normal capabilities of someone with mere ignorance to post, you have to try to be this stupid, and boy you achieved it without much effort.

The nerf to Megas is the single worst idea in existence, they are locked out of items already.

You dislike Megas we get it, that doesn't mean you get to shit on them for you own bias, it doesn't bring any balance in the slightest.
>>
>>30777570
>>30777439
Fairy type never made sense in the first place. Nothing about it made sense.

But if we're going to follow the little train of logic we have, with Fairy being weak against "man made" things (Poison, Fire, and Steel), then Rocks (stone spears) and Grass (wood clubs) would also make sense.
>>
>>30780447

>he thinks Megas cutting their health in half would kill them

Topkek. You should maybe play competitively once in a while. :^)

Ground literally is the only type that utilizes Sandstorm. Rock is such a shitty fucking type, that even with Sandstorm it does literally nothing. I see no reason not to buff Ground with Sandstorm when they're 99% of who uses it.
>>
>>30780489
Why didn't you reply to my post? You didn't refute any of my refutations.
>>
>>30780572
They are also above nature and human laws, that's their main deal in myths.

They are often the lords of mountains, forest or marshes no men should go in. Grass being SE on fairy or fairy being NVE on fairy makes little sense.

Grass needs a buff, rock and ice need a buff badly, but this isn't the way.
>>
A good nerf to megas would be that they dont transform at the start of the turn, only when they attack

Imagine if Z-moves had priority
>>
>>30780350

>Can't read the mind of pure evil, you'll go crazy. Staring into abyss,etc etc.
Professor Xavier does this anyways. He doesn't become a dark lord.

>Hive mind tactics ignore tricks and deceit.
Bugs make their refuge, a lot of them anyway, in dark, damp places.
This is more of Symbiosis. If Bugs make their refuge in the dark, it means the typing should work TOGETHER not against each other. No Dice. I did not buy this garbage.

>You meant resist. Fairy's resist bug due some element of natural subservience, probably. Fey are forest lords and all that jazz, its only natural creatures of the forest wouldn't harm them. Grass is exempt, as, well, its literally THE forest.
I meant resist. Send them scary bugs towards the pansy fairies. And are fairies really associated with the forest? Xerneas? A deer-like fairy. This makes sense. However Alolan Vulpix, Klefki, Carbink would like to have a word with you. Ice, "industry", and caves.

>Industry. Industry destroys nature, which is where fairies reside. Pollution, which is poison, is a byproduct of (steel) industry.
That's piggy backing. That's like saying because water corrodes rock, and if you freeze water, frozen water should also beat rock. Ice does not beat rock.

And for all you other people for some reason wanting Ice types to be weak to water using the argument that water would melt ice, ice can freeze water. I can agree that you see the former more often than not, but it's just the lays of physics. Water does freeze. It's a missed opportunity that scald isn't SE to Ice as Freeze Dry is to Water, but you blame GameFreak for that.
>>
How about
>Fairy type removed
>Ice now immune to Dragon
>Poison now SE against Water
>Grass now resists Rock
>Rock now resists Electric
>>
>>30780573
I do, and it would. It's a inherent drawback for no real reason, and it simply makes them much easier to revenge kill. It, quite literally, turns 2HKOS into OHKOS for every single mega. If you don't think it would affect the meta, I question how often you play competitively to be honest. This would be even worse in VGC than it is in Singles, as well, with the widespread use of moves that hit both mons on the opponents side. Even though their power is lowered, the health loss offsets that.

As for your comments on ground, yes, it is the type that uses it so commonly, because it already has every ability for it. Sand rush, sand force are ground monopolized abilities, for the most part. In addition that isn't a reason to buff it. Usually a buff comes about when something is too weak, not when its too overused.
>>
>>30780751
Not needed and you nerfed fucking Beedril again while buffing prankster sableye.

Megas aren't inherently broken outside of Gengar blocking switching, Khangaskan, Fug holding items and Salamence having everything he needs to be the embodiment of Fug lite.

The rest of the Megas are fine outside of Blaziken being broken by speed boost even before going mega.
>>
>>30780573
>he thinks mega cutting their health in half wouldn't kill them
What are Mega Aggron, Steelix, Garchomp, etc.
>>
>>30780746
You're massively overplaying Fairy type. It really does not have any basis. There is no description of the type you can use that won't leave out half of the type. Granbull, for example, makes no sense as a Fairy. Neither do Azumarill, Mr. Mime, or Klefki (since malevolence is Ghost type territory, a la Rotom).

Plus, the strengths/weaknesses make no sense, either. The tiniest shred of evidence leading to a theme we have is that they are weak to humans. That's why Fire resists them, and Steel is SE against them. No idea about Poison, though, since Poison is extremely common in nature.
>>
>>30780762
Dark isn't absence of light, it's kicking you to the growing and firing evil thoughts. It's the evil type, the pragmatist.

Bugs are heroes! They defeat the underhanded fighters.

It's a Japanese thing.
>>
>>30780814
Boo-fucking hoo beedrill is still shit?
>buffing prankster sableye
It would LITERALLY stay the same and hurt every other mega. All it means is that you get a chance to hit the mega-mon before they get a ridiculous stat buff or typing/ability change.
>>
File: IMG_1973.png (482KB, 745x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1973.png
482KB, 745x768px
>>30780851
DARKNESS IS THE ABSENCE OF LIGHT
>>
>>30780762
>professor xavier does this anyways. He doesn't become a dark lord.

If we're using people on Xavier's level i'd think you would have to provide some feats of him reading the mind of someone like Dormamu or Blackheart. But in any case, it stands to reason that "human evil" is different than "pokemon evil", or the dark typing.

>Bugs make their refuge...I did not buy this garbage.
Attempts to capitalize on trickiness with insects are met with swarming. Any kind of taunting, show-offing, or anything other than a direct attack(not dark's specialty, of course) will lead to bugs capitalizing upon that.

>I meant resist..and caves.
Nature would have likely been a better word, and I recant my statement about forests. But, nonetheless they all have that aspect, sans Klefki and Magearna anyhow, that revolves around them being in touch with nature. This isn't a complete refutation of my point btw, merely providing certain examples that could be considered exceptions.

>That's piggy backing..does not beat rock.
I think you have committed a false equivalence here. Pollution destroys nature on its own. It just so happens that pollution often comes about as a result of industrialization. Are you arguing that pollution does not destroy nature?
>>
>>30780841
So you ignore folklore and history to fit your definition of fairy.

There are fairy dogs and fairy cats in Celtics mythos, they could have played that around with Granbull, even if the Cu where hounds and not bulls.

Don't look for headcanons, fairies aren't weak to human stuff, cold iron, poison plebothinum and fire where often miraculous solutions or only obtained near the end as tools for the heroes to stay the near unstoppable fairfolk.
>>
Fairy types, Z-moves, and megas broke the game. How about we go back to Gen 5, make some sensible changes to Weather, and go from there?
>>
>>30780925
It's the evil type in Japanese you fucking 'murican. It's localized as dark.

They are evil fighters.
>>
File: Cu_Sith_by_starluck[1].jpg (79KB, 553x458px) Image search: [Google]
Cu_Sith_by_starluck[1].jpg
79KB, 553x458px
>>30780958
Granbull has 0 fucking resemblance to any Irish/Gaelic/Celtic/Norse mythological dogs. You're really stretching to try and validate your favorite type's existence, even though it's a blight on Pokemon.
>>
>>30780995
My favorite type happens to be grass mind you.

And I did say the Cu where hounds and not bulls, Granbull could be inspired during the type rearrange, I never said it was, I said it could have been used as a justification.
>>
File: fairy before fairies.png (30KB, 552x370px) Image search: [Google]
fairy before fairies.png
30KB, 552x370px
>>30780995
Granbull has always been the Fairy Pokémon though so they definitely didn't try to slap the new type onto it out of nowhere
>>
>>30780995
>your favorite type
Nice ad hominem you fucking faggot.

>y-you can't defend this type unless you have a bias towards it!
>>
>>30777259
Normies don't believe in fairy tales (meme magic and the like). If anything, Fairy should resist Normal.
>>
>>30780995
>blight on Pokemon

Come on anon. It's nowhere near that bad.
>>
>>30778171
>Not killing two birds with one stone
>>
>>30781171
It really is. Fairy not getting nerfed is the main reason I didn't get Sun/Moon. It's horrible for balance, it's got a horrible, inconsistent design, and you really have to stretch to fit Pokemon into the type instead of another.

I honestly think that if they removed Fairy type right now, the games would immediately get better.
>>
>>30780932
Humans destroy nature. Humans make pollution. Eliminate the humans, less of a degree of pollution. Human trainers should be strong against Fairy Pokemon.

And I may have slipped on water example. I'm sure there's something that would fit. I'm sure ground beats poison. Rocks can be eroded into sand, which is ground. Rock isn't strong to poison. (Steel and Poison beats fairy and Steel sort of promotes the existence of poison is what you're getting at right? )

Just about anything can string a lore. That's why we should avoid lore as justification.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.