[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sun/Moon dex entries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: edgy.jpg (127KB, 528x292px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
127KB, 528x292px
>Sun/Moon dex entries
>>
>>30775247
>anything to do with death is edge

they rewrote the dex entries for all of them, didnt they? god forbid they get a bit creative and try to have some fun with it. unless you'd rather have "magikarp is so weak, it just splashes haha" for the hundredth time
>>
File: e5e.png (273KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
e5e.png
273KB, 600x594px
>>30775247
>wanting them to recycle gen iii-iv entries for the hundredth time
>not allowing rotomu to have a little fun shitting on some mons
>>
>>30775270
>Mega Salamence
>Anyone standing in its path gets sliced right in two, while this Pokémon continues its flight without interruption.
>Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It's been dubbed "the blood-soaked crescent."
>>
I hate it.
Why are all the NPCs and characters all sunshine and rainbows when the entire wide is filled with death.
Like how is anyone okay with sending in a 10 year old into the wild with a baby seal, cat or owl if there is so much fucked up shit going on in there, they could be fucking eaten.
If the world is edgy, make it so. Make the characters talk about it and the dangerous of being in the wild and stop making it look and feel like a happy kids game whilst simultaneously putting in edge
It break the entire lore feel of the game. On one hand everything is chill, but on the other you pokemon is also a killing machine.
>>
File: 5.png (22KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
22KB, 300x188px
>DUDE
>NATURE IS LIKE, SO LE EDGE
>>
>>30775332

It's a kid's game anon. Also suspension of disbelief and yada yada.
>>
>>30775247
>edge
I mean sure they're more violent, but real life animals are much worse. I don't go to the zoo and start calling lions edgy because they kill shit
>>
>>30775332
>i'm such a fucking baby irl that i can't stand any semblance of something mature in my fictitious video game
>>
>>30775366
I know but it still annoys me. Like if it wanted to be a kids game why even mention that stuff? Why not legitimately make it sunshine and rainbows then where pokemon don't eat eachother.
If it wanted to be edge, present it.

>>30775384
Its not the edge I hate, its the fact that it does not match the rest of the game. If they wanted to have all this stuff thre, present it to me. Let me eat feed my Pokemon others and make it so I can actually get hurt or something I dunno.

Its just plain dumb having a game with so much mature lore that all seems to disappear from everything outside of the Pokedex Entries because its supposed to be for kids. It should be one or the other.
>>
>>30775308
>mega salamence represents the entire sm dex

if you like mega salamence edge probably appeals to you anyways
>>
>>30775247
Bringing back indian elephant sound so forced. In old games that was at least unintentionally funny.
>>
>>30775414
>mature lore
it's mostly just X eats Y, that's nature. It's making it a bit more realistic. you are allowed to mention that things in nature eat each other without going full gore adult, you know

can't you understand that theyre appealing to more than one kind of person. anyways, kids don't care if things eat each other, they probably think its cool.
>>
>>30775332
>animals, including ones we keep as pets are capable of violent, fucked up things but we don't spend each day inside a bunker crying about the fact that animals eat each other to survive
It's just like real life, wow. Seriously it doesn't "break the lore" or whatever
>>
>>30775414
>why doesn't my child's book about animals show pictures of them tearing each other limb from limb, if they're going to mention the food chain then they HAVE to be mature about it too and depict it in the most adult way possible, or don't mention it at all

this is you
>>
>>30775414

>Why not legitimately make it sunshine and rainbows

Kids can handle mature themes but only to a certain extent. Kids are supposed to be eased into the really edgy stuff gradually. I don't think Pokemon was ever intended to be full-on M-rated, they can get away with the dex entries because they're not actually showing anything and most kids probably don't even read them anyways.
>>
>>30775477
>>30775478
I know it is mature and realistic, but the game doesn't seem to feel like it cares about them at all. Its as the the Pokedex entereis and the game you play in are two different worlds

>>30775513
No its not just that, it the overall presence of it in the world.
And I don't mean lets just make it all full gore, its just feels like there is barely anything in the e game that works with the Pokedex enteries.
Although this game now that i think about it did do a few things, liek the kids that talked about his Drifloon and the chick that thought they were creepy. There should me more of that throughout the game. I mean realistically there are a tonne of people that htink nature is pretty crazy, can't there be a few NPCs that think like that? Even a little?

There can be other things in there that aren't just plain old gore that can also work with the Pokedexes to make the world seem more the way it says it is. Maybe signs around warning people of dangerous Pokemon in an area or something? A hospital somewhere with injured people there or something?
I feel like there needs to be references to the Pokedexs other then just them
You could have a non gorey kids book about animals that had more references to real life other then one statement saying 'they eat each other' and nothing else.
>>
>>30775247
I watched National Geographic recentely and it was fucking edgy as fuck watching a kingfisher edgily diving into a river producing an edgy splash as he edgily caught a fish and edgily ate it
>>
>>30775307
Would be nice if they add the option the rotom can have a comment of any pokemon
>>
>>30775477
Vorefags think it's cool too insert le Lenny face meme
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
291KB, 1920x1080px
Do you guys watch nature documentaries and cry about how edgy they are?
There are plenty of lighthearted and cute dex entries in Sun and Moon, too.
>>
>>30778126
I love a nature documentaries.
>>
>>30775247
the edgy dex entries only make sense for the mega evolutions, since mega evolving isn't a natural evolution and basically forces a pokemon to deform itself
>>
OP is a fucking baby

go back to fcking your MLP dollies
>>
File: happy frog 2.jpg (52KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
happy frog 2.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
I wonder what OP thinks of Sun/Moon haracters being religious.
>>
>>30778740

How are they religious? Religion is barely mentioned in the entire series and when it is it's usually some fictional religion. Americans are terrified about exposing kids to religion so almost any instance of a foreign game referencing God or religion gets censored in some way if the game's target demographic is children.
>>
File: documentaries.png (175KB, 645x589px) Image search: [Google]
documentaries.png
175KB, 645x589px
>>30778126
To be fair it depends on the documentaries you watch.

I will never fucking forgive Monster Bug Wars.
>>
>>30780368
Freaking scorpions roaring like lions as a bombardier beetle screams like an eagle before a gunshot noise signifies it's chemical defense igniting
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.