[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: People who actually liked all of the starters say which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 1480915790431.jpg (225KB, 845x906px) Image search: [Google]
1480915790431.jpg
225KB, 845x906px
ITT: People who actually liked all of the starters say which one they ended up using for first playthrough and why.

I like them all but I went with Rowlet because I like birds and I thought the way it turned around in a little circle when you selected it was cute.
>>
>>30774828
Went with the cat. I like tekken.
>>
>>30774828
Agree. Rowlet is really adorable
>>
>>30774828
>implying owls are birds

I picked Litten because he is the king of WWE
>>
File: 1478530534339.png (127KB, 480x516px) Image search: [Google]
1478530534339.png
127KB, 480x516px
>>30774828
>implying owls are birds
>>
I went with rowlet because I've never used a grass starter before. I kept him because I dislike boxing starters.
>>
>>30774920
If owls ain't birds then cats ain't feline
>>
I picked litten because fire is a type I rarely use but ended up replacing it.
>>
>>30774828
I went with Litten because cats are the best.
>>
I got poplio but i boxed it
>>
I liked the first and second stages of all starters but the final ones are all kinda meh.
Picked Popplio because water types end up being more usefula than grass or fire and I wanted a fairy on my team.
>>
>>30775034
>usefula
fuck my keyboard
>>
File: 1340761858676.png (132KB, 237x203px) Image search: [Google]
1340761858676.png
132KB, 237x203px
>>30774828
Rowlet because it was Flying type, because it was Grass type, and because it was cute
>>
I picked Rowlett because I thought it was the coolest design but Decidueye jobbed so hard I rerolled with Litten. Might reroll with Rowlett again once I beat the league on my current playthrough.
>>
Rowlet for being cute. Didn't have much problem with decidueye, carried me through most of the trials. Having team members that cover weaknesses help
>>
>>30774828
I went with Rowlet. I think all the starters are excellently designed but my girlfriend took the cat. She has a lot of fun with him because his Z-move is so crazy ridiculous. Whereas I've decided to not use Z-moves at all for my first playthrough so Decidueye doesn't have anything to offer me. I've ended up using other shit like Toxapex, Palossand and Lycanroc. Marowak, though, is my new favourite Pokemon.
>>
I made a promise as a kid I would always pick the grass starter, and no matter what I've stuck to it. But even so, rowlet was my favorite . He is really cute as a little chubby owl and I love the grass / ghost evolution .
>>
>>30774828
I picked Rowlet but never evolved it and use Primarina on my main team instead. So I have a level 46 little Rowlet. I just wish not evolving was actually still viable. I don't want to turn my little baby into an edgebirb.
>>
>>30774828
I love Incineroar but I went with Primarina instead because /vp/ loves to rip on him and it's the only starter I could use seriously competitively until Incinceroar gets Intimidate.
>>
rowlet. i just kind of rolled around to it, went from thinking "i'm gonna pick litten" to "i'm gonna pick popplio" to rowlet for some reason. it's kind of ironic because rowlet was my least favorite at the start.

he was my mvp for the first half of the game but became less useful as time went on. i still love him though
>>
>>30774928
Then explain why the owl loses it's bird typing to Ghost, anon?

Owls aren't birds.
>>
Litten in Sun because in the past I typically went with Water and Grass and I liked Incineroar's type combo.

So far a better experience than I had with Fennekin.
>>
>>30774828
First took burb, did a nuzlocke and got more or less totally wiped after fire trial

Next took Popplio, then began hacking my game and ruined the experience so I reset again before finishing the first island

Finally, took burb again, then using injection replaced it with Litten so that Hau would have the type advantage over me

All in all they are all alright with me
>>
File: 1481261833968.png (162KB, 1147x423px) Image search: [Google]
1481261833968.png
162KB, 1147x423px
Rowlet is by far the cutest starter of the three. I regret evolving Rowlet because its the best one in its evolution line.
>>
>>30774828
I ended up using all three my first playthrough, though I got Rowlet first. Got a Litten in Wonder Trade about two days in, and then hunted for a Popplio in GTS.
>>
File: 7fuiOTc[1].jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7fuiOTc[1].jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>30774828
I liked all of them and started with Littten.
I did a blind playtrough so I had now fucking idea what any of them would evolve into. I piked Litten because it reminded me of the cat my mom had who also had that smug/uncaring look about it. Even named it after that cat.

I did NOT see Torracat-> Incineroar coming, but started loving it as soon as I saw his Z-move and his animations. So much personality.

Speaking of unexpected evolutions:

> mfw my Grubbin evolved into Charjabug
> mfw its cry

I loved it
>>
>>30774828
I actually had a hard time deciding on all 3, I actually like all their forms as well. It came down to 1 thing:
Rowlet has a fucking leaf for a bowtie, I had to pick it.
>>
File: 2004302.jpg (384KB, 630x1064px) Image search: [Google]
2004302.jpg
384KB, 630x1064px
I love them all but I picked Litten because I've always wanted a cat starter. Rowlet and Popplio are great, though.
>>
>>30774828
All three are ok and this is coming from someone who doesn't really care for starters that much.

Went with Popplio though, and for 3 reasons.
1) Too much undeserved backlash
2) It's evolutions look pretty reminiscent of cutesy idol shit which I have a soft spot for.
3) That 126 Sp.Atk on Primarina. Highest offensive stat of any starter and any non-Mega/Legendary Water and Fairy type.
>>
>>30777005
>any non-Mega/Legendary Water
but wishiwashi was JUST introduced
>>
Don't care for the water one, but it doesn't matter, I always pick the fire starter.
>>
Went with Popplio for my first playthrough. But once bank comes out I'm going to restart and pick the owl.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.