[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do you people do it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0107.jpg (18KB, 440x222px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0107.jpg
18KB, 440x222px
I've been playing Pokémon for 16 years and not including Gyarados at the Lake of Rage, I have never encountered one fucking shiny. I even tried Masuda method breeding for one and holy fuck that was a complete waste of time hatching 500+ eggs. Should I give up now? Am I cursed? My brother just caught two shinies on his first play through of Moon, adding insult to injury.
>Pic kinda related
>>
I sacrifice a Skiddo to Masuda every full moon and pray for his benevolence

They just fucking happen, I never go looking for them
>>
>>30773126
>500+ eggs
everyone laugh at this faggot
Come back when you'll have hatched 6000+ eggs for a damned eevee that didn't even had the good ability and then complain.
>>
>>30773126
I found a 3 31IV shiny Ditto yesterday OP : )
>>
I'm 140h in Moon and just found my 3rd random shiny, a Raticate that I caught in front of the Battle Tree, while leveling up Cosmoem.
>>
I started MM for a shiny Mimikyu today, got it on the 5th egg. Named him Lucky :^)
>>
Accidentally KO'd a shiny Shuppet while I was mindlessly EV training in AS. Never knowingly missed a shiny before so it was a bit sad.
>>
File: 1480045312762.gif (806KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1480045312762.gif
806KB, 320x180px
>inb4 lol just hack it faggot

Don't even, entitled morons.
>>
>>30773179
I'm sorry that you have so much free time on your hands anon
>>
>>30773220
Oh, I don't have that much, but there was a while between ORAS and SM, roughly 50 eggs a day, 200 for weekends. Nothing much, try it if you want.
>>
File: LKDqeOJ.gif (87KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
LKDqeOJ.gif
87KB, 600x600px
>>30773126
>tfw you found 6 random Shinies one of which escaped cause Safari and another is on Crystal so rip
>>
>>30773126
I can only find them when i'm not looking for them.
>>
File: 1479214376452-1.jpg (54KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479214376452-1.jpg
54KB, 540x960px
>>30773126
I've only had one shiny ever, and I literally have no idea what it even was.

Back in fourth gen, the pokeradar would.make grass shake or sparkle either gold or silver. The very first time I used it, I got a few normal patches of grass, one gold, and one silver. The tutorial.had mentioned silver grass, but only a single sentence that was pretty vague, and I wasn't really paying much attention, so I just kind of assimed that gold > silver as it is in most things.

Silver grass has a 100% shiny pokemon chance.

That is literally the only time I have ever gotten a shiny, and I fucking blew it.
>>
>>30773126
Get into breeding, ignore shinies.
Eventually you will get one, and probably you won't even care.
>>
>>30773126
Gen 6 has chain-fishing. It's insanely easy to do, because you can Run from the battle and still have it count towards the chain. Took me 'bout an hour each time.
>>
lol I found a shiny suicune in heart gold.
Have several more but haven't found any in moon.

When's pokebank?
>>
I'm the same as you OP but I did try chain fishing like >>30773429 says and I got a shiny clauncher really quickly. It wasn't very satisfying to be honest.
>>
File: hopes deleted.jpg (53KB, 349x320px) Image search: [Google]
hopes deleted.jpg
53KB, 349x320px
>>30773126

its just either blind luck or hard work. i catched maybe 3 shinies randomly in 15+ years and breeded 1 on purpose. got lucky and got one relatively fast with good IVs. its really not worth it. just a fancy trophy. just get a game shark if you are that desperate.
>>
>>30773248
>I don't have that much
>50 eggs a day
For most people, that's a lot of free time
>>
File: 1468444387588.jpg (163KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468444387588.jpg
163KB, 800x800px
>>30773126
>randomly encounter shiny drowzee
>named it after that spanish teacher in middle school who was discovered to be a pedophile
>>
OP just has bad luck, I caught a shiny in almost every run I did. Last one was a shiny Boldore in Black. My first shiny was a Machop in Platinum .
>>
>>30773911

You can do egg hatching while multitasking you know, for example watching a show or movie as all you have to do it move or rotate the stick around and pay attention to the screen every fre minutes.

It's not actually that much free time if you were going to use it to do something else anyway.
>>
use the malasada method
>>
>>30774286
>its not too much free time
>you can also do it while doing other things youd do in free time
Nice one, buddy
>>
I've had random shiny encounters in almost every game since GSC.
>Eevee in Gold
>Ralts in Ruby
>Starly in Platinum
>Goldeen in Soul Silver
>Growlithe in Black2
>Slowpoke in X
>Skitty in Omega Ruby

and the ones I got by chaining/breeding:
>2 Fennekin, one after 4 eggs and one after 162 both male
>Arcanine after 311 eggs
>Noctowl after my first attempt at chaining

I'm really fuckin' lucky.
>>
>>30773126
Do more encounters and eggs. You do 400 encounters on an average playthrough of black and white according to the counter on the trainer card, if you did that for all main games you prbably haven't reach the 8192 encounters average of old gens and I'll be impressed if you did 4096 encoutners on X/Y/ROSA/SUMO.
You're probably not that unlucky, go hunt more.
>>
>>30773126
I encountered one shiny graveler in crystal and it used selfdestruct. The other shiny I found in wild was basculin in black and i run from it, because i was looking for feebas back then I think and was automatically pressing run from every other pokemon. When I spotted it was shiny it was to late already. I found also shiny houndour in crystal, but I was out of balls so I just killed it while crying.
I got plenty of legit shines tho, thx to chaining in platinum. Got like 10 of each of shiny bagons, budews and swinubs. I also have shiny crobat that my sister once got. They're all in pokebank waiting for sumo update
>>
File: ajtDBnsr.jpg (342KB, 1393x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ajtDBnsr.jpg
342KB, 1393x2048px
If you're just looking to get your first one and don't care what it is
Get on XY or ORAS
Get suction cup octillary
Fish in the same spot workout moving until you get a shiny

Shiny charm helps but isn't really needed

I have over half a box of shiny pokemon on X, mostly from fishing
>>
I've got around 3 to 4 boxes of shinies.

If you want a really cheap shiny, just go chain fishing in gen 6. In 7 to 30 encounters you should have a shiny. I have TEN goddamn shiny Poliwhirls, a few shiny Poliwags, two shiny Poliwrath, and a shiny Politoed.
>>
>>30776652
how do you chain fishing?
>>
Ive had 2, both in XY
One was a Scraggy, named him Siegfried
Sucks because Scrafty's shiny is pretty bad
Second was Pumpkaboo
Going to evolve him eventually but I'm really skeptical and afraid that he'll be kidnapped
>>
>>30777254
Pretty much like >>30775422 said. Get in a corner with a Suction Cups Pokemon and keep at it. And pay attention. Sometimes they like to run off rather quickly.
>>
I've found quite a few shinies without bothering to breed. Just always walk through the grass and don't use repels. Its virtually inevitable you'll see one between now and the next game if you play frequently and do that.
>>
>>30773911
Considering the time I spend in transportation, it's not that much really.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.