[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blind Moon Nuzlocke destroyed my butt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Mimikyu.full.2021747.jpg (591KB, 1610x1616px) Image search: [Google]
Mimikyu.full.2021747.jpg
591KB, 1610x1616px
Played my first X run as blind Nuzlocke and finished it easily so I thought I'd do the same with Moon and give myself a hell challenge

The rules I gave myself were
>must catch only the first pokemon in new area and nickname it
>exp share off
>set mode
>no items inside or outside of battles
>may only heal with healing moves/pokemon centers
>no z-moves
>no grinding

Had to use the centers quite a bit at the beginning, but it went pretty smoothly for most of the run.
I was lucky enough to get a Makuhita and Mudsdale for safe switches. But last night both of them were destroyed by a trainer's Pinsir Sword Dance boosted Z-move.
I continued my challenge with the remaining mons, still thinking I shouldn't bother with lower leveled team members I caught in earlier routes, but the fucking Ghost trial destroyed me. Mimikyu outsped my team (FUCKING PLAY ROUGH REALLY?), kept calling for help, and I couldn't heal so I just had to watch them all slowly die. That was amazing.

tl;dr: I'm a huge fucking idiot, but challenges are fun! Thanks for reading my autism.

Anyone here want to share some awful/great moments from their first run?
>>
My team was very lopsided (Litten, Mudsbray and Pikipek) for the first half of the game, so the Water, Fire and even Grass trials were surprisingly tricky. I went in half blind, so didnt realise how badly taking out the first Wishiwashi totem summon would screw me, that Alomomola was nothing but trouble. I figured Lurantis would be easy, but Trumbeak's kept outspeeding and confusing my Torracat with Supersonic.

I've enjoyed this a lot, probably one of the most fun pokemon games I've played.
>>
>>30772989
Did you even Wondertrade?
>>
>>30773117
No, why would I?
>>
I got wiped by a Carbink at Paniola Ranch or whatever since my team was Torracat, Grubbin, and Pipipek.

Also had some problems with Mimimyu too OP since my team is slow as fuck. It summoned a Gengar helper and then the two of them would just destroy anything I sent in with Play Rough and Shadow Ball.
>>
File: 1.gif (673KB, 200x112px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
673KB, 200x112px
>no items inside or outside of battles
>no z-moves
>no grinding

This seems extremely overkill in the land of totem pokemon battles anon...and Z-moves being nowhere as bonkers as megas. At least you had fun.
>>
>>30773884
That Carbink is no joke, had to sneak past that old lady cause nobody on my team could deal with it.
>>
>>30773915
Yeah, I realized that once I saw the full fucking terror of Mimikyu + Gengar combination. Gonna continue the game normally from now. I wonder what's going on with online battles now, because all those new abilities are fucking awesome, loved using Mudsdale.

>>30773096
>>30773884
We all had Pipikek at one point, heh.
Fucking Totem pokemon. I'm pretty impressed with S/M, even NPC trainers had some interesting movesets and items.
>>
>>30773962
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Ended up cheering it with mud slap and supersonic stall but I had one hell of a time.
>>
>>30775224
I watch my normie friend get swept by that shit and saw the look of self loathing in his face. I told him to get a ground type because there should be something around. Literally the next words out of his mouth:
>"Why is this mudbray a different color?"
> he isn't kidding
>>
I'm starting a wonderlocke as I just got sun. Crossing my fingers as I'm going into the first pokecenter.

I have three pokemons, starter at level 9, route 1 and outskirt mons at level 7. I wanted to avoid the outskirt capture but a fucking Wingull jumped on me. Oh well.

Rule for a pokemon to stay is I can't get any mon above level 9, and no dupes. Wish me luck.
>>
>>30772989
Try a blazeblack/voltwhite nuzlocke.
>>
Mimikyu is the ender of blind nuzlockes, don't blame yourself.
>>
Kukui was awful. I had no deaths against him, but I literally potion spammed the whole time. I had to face Primarina and Braviary and I had no Flying or Fairy resists, and most of my team was slow. His Snorlax was a pain in the ass as well - I'd lost my Hariyama against Olivia's Lycanroc (Counter aaaa). Gastrodon, who joined right near the end and barely did anything until the League, saved my fucking ass that day. Gastrodon and Whimsicott did most of the work.

Also I had few issues with that Carbink thanks to Leech Seed Cottonee. Really helped.
>>
Where's nuzlocke general?

REEEEEEEEE

This is nuzlocke general now.
>>
>>30773117
Cheating.
>>
>>30777936

Always prematurly dies because the pastebins never get updated.
>>
File: 1478840362423.png (367KB, 568x454px) Image search: [Google]
1478840362423.png
367KB, 568x454px
I did a blind nuzlocke of sun, I would not recommend it, it wasnt much fun. I tried playing with exp share off, the vast majority of trainers all only have 1 fucking pokemon, so you'll be horribly underleveled the entire time. You can't grind much either because the wild pokes are too low. Z-totems + being under leveled, as well as no items, means you're probably going to wipe on the first totem, so don't under estimate these. Like i said, it wasn't really fun at all, if you do do it at least allow yourself items.
>>
>>30778133
I didn't even read half the post in a rush to fet you this information. This warning is useless now, my B OP
>>
>>30777703
lvl 7 Wingull > lvl 1 Rockruff from Alli (California, USA)
lvl 7 Pikipek > lvl 1 Fomantis from James (England, UK)
lvl 9 Rowlet > lvl 1 Shellos from Japangirl (Tokyo, Japan)

I'll call each mon by their OT names, so poor Shellos. Surprised by the lack of trumps and abras, I got lucky but also a team of level 1s. I hope no one dies while I prepare them for Trainer's School!
>>
>>30778299
Good luck anon
>>
>>30778335
Thanks.

Right now I'm training, my aim is to get them to lvl 9, as that was my highest level before I started the WT. Then I'll probably have to go off. If I'm back and theres no nuzlocke thread I guess I'll make one to satisfy my autism with some dumb sheet or something.

Right now I'm really grateful Alli (Rockruff) is a Rock type, I can make it tank hits until James (Fomantis) can hit someone. Japangirl (Shellos) only knew Mud Slap and just picked up Harden, and I'm basically facing Pikipeks so... yeah.

None of them have Egg Moves worth a damn, so it's really low level, perfect for a challenge!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.