[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>walking pokemon return in DP remakes >only for Amity Square

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: breathes boi.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
breathes boi.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>walking pokemon return in DP remakes
>only for Amity Square
>>
Oh good, I can ignore it then, instead of it ruining the entire game like in HGSS.
>>
ok
>>
>>30770932
I am OK with this
>>
I doubt it, Gamefreak is far too lazy to create and animate over 800 models just for a tiny section of the game.
>>
>>30770932
>>30771122
Knowing GameFreak they'll probably cut Amity Square.
>>
>>30770932
>Newly motivated hackers crack the game and fix it within minutes
>>
>>30771122
Do not underestimate Gamefreaks retardation. They will pull time and effort from something important just to dump it all into literally nothing.
>>
File: BABBY NEED WATER.jpg (138KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BABBY NEED WATER.jpg
138KB, 1000x1000px
>GF will be using the same models until the end of time
>we'll never get a post-game that isn't just Battle [placeholder] again
>>
>>30770967
(you)
>>
>>30771122
this
shit's practically ready to go, no "but gamefreak is dumb" memes are going to change that, especially when it's a decently appealing gimmick for a lot of players
>>
>>30771431
>yfw national dex is added in the update that allows for pokebank
>walking/following models too toggle-able so o3ds doesn't lag too heavily
one can only dream.
>>
>>30771246

this. They went through the effort of coding in shinies for 250+ pokemon in gen 2, then only made 1 of them available and locked the rest away behind 1/10,000 odds. (yes they were THAT high in gen 2, only recently have shinies become a common phenomenon)

btw this was back on the game boy, when coding in that many extra sprites was a big deal and would have taken hundreds of hours
>>
If they ever bring it back I want it as an optional thing so I can turn it off while other people enjoy
>>
>>30771466
that would be pretty good
don't even think the O3DS would have trouble handling them really, they can already handle decently cluttered overworld scenery and in-engine cutscenes decently enough, the battle lag has to stem from some other dumb shit probably in the menuing system

>>30771472
rarity is the entire point of shinies you niggardly abortion
>>
>>30771147
Maybe Amity Square returns as the Pokepelago equivalent. Higher friendship = more likely to get better items.
>>
>>30771499
I don't see why they don't add in the walking models when the pokebank update's out. They're in the game already aren't they? If I'm not mistaken anyways I assume that's how we know about them. Maybe if nothing else some romhack will incorporate them in the future. Providing the models also include shiny textures already.

Yeah though I highly doubt one extra model would impact performance though if they cared about performance they could've worked harder in general. Yw3 still plays better on o3ds with following models, 6 models in battle and other shit. crazy really how un-optimized this game manages to be when level 5 can do better somehow.
>>
>>30771495
even though I'm a walkfag that's still the way it should be, sometimes it's retarded to have followers for whatever reason

lugia triggered the shit out of me in HGSS

>>30771555
there's probably some missing pieces here and there, and I think the game treats battle and overworld models separately, so it might be one of the bigger hurdles in the way of things
>>
>>30771614
My assumption would be the missing pieces are minimal and could be simply included in an update. I think you can add new content to existing content with updates anyways. May be like 1gb or something I'm not sure but hey following pokemon. Maybe talking to them would give the option to go to refresh or something too.
>>
>>30771638
it feels like the biggest thing they would need is some new animations to deal with things like moving around the player when they're in the way, since they can't just pull the same fuckery they pulled with sprites

>Maybe talking to them would give the option to go to refresh or something too.
this was something I always wanted to happen, SM makes pretty good strides in integrating it better with the world and giving it more purpose, followers would really help that as well

honestly though, I hope you're right, toggleable followers would make the 3D overworld feel a little less boring and empty
>>
>>30771713
Yw2 and yw3 make follower models work imo. sure it's not realistic for some snake or cat monster to phase through you but it's not a problem in those games. It also allows them to be optional (though instead of whisper it'd probably just be in the settings menu or something.) desu they just have to copy yw2/3 they've already proven 3d followers work fine. they may wanna scale some pokemon though as shit like lugia or any large mon may be problematic with viewing angles and shit.

Wishful thinking given gamefreak's history though, we'll be lucky to get following pokemon or a national dex in the switch port providing there is one. Sadly.
>>
>>30771744
it raises another question, is there even a precedent for major DLC updates like that?

though I can't really say I entirely agree with the laziness idea, gen 6 was gargantuan in itself and the work's already mostly done for this feature, don't think it would be a far stretch to assume it's within their capability
>>
The walking animations were for the Pokemon running up to you after a Totem or when picking Care after a wild battle instead of the camera just zooming in on them standing, but many of the children in focus testing would get scared when certain Pokemon ran up to them and broke at least six demo units
>>
>>30771843
Thinking about it again with yw3 it's about equal to if not smaller I think than Moon/Sun are and they've got admittedly not 802 following models but a decent number (500 or 600 I forget desu.) so I actually don't know whether the models (again with scaling. no way you'd have colossal beasts following you in 3d.) would take up much space. apparently they're half way in game already so just add shiny textures, finish any unfinished details, maybe it'd be a 1gb dlc (fire emblem fates has a whole other game as dlc if I'm not mistaken.) and be golden.
>>
>>30771905
>>30771843
619 models for yw3 more to come in the 3rd version. so 200 something extra wouldn't realistically take up more space I assume for pokemon. shiny textures may add a bit I guess.
>>
>>30770932
>DP remakes
>Games have the DP battle speed
>>
>>30771887
that sounds like bullshit unless you can give us something about it, doesn't really explain why there are two different paces plus transitions, plus the running animations for a lot of these guys are way too quickly paced to explain that

either way, I don't even give a fuck, the seed's been planted and either way the gen 4 remakes are probably going to get them by virtue of Amity Square having to be dealt with in some way

>>30771905
>>30771921
don't think it's an issue of space desu, more sheer effort of rigging 802 models and/or making low-poly versions for the overworld
>>
>>30771972
I mean they already went overboard with the 802+forms stuff. I can't think of maybe outside of the switch port why they'd bother if not to add it in the future. if it's cut content they should've probably actually cut it desu. Who knows though. I assume for low poly they could just scale them down no? The textures would automatically be scaled down too wouldn't they? Never done anything with textures/models though so not sure if that's how it works.
>>
>>30772000
if the overworld models are lower-poly to ease system load then you would definitely have to remake them for everything along with new textures since the old ones wouldn't scale correctly

honestly though I really don't know shit about that in particular, it's hard to tell anyway given how shit the 3DS screen is already at showing details like that
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.