[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Regigigas' signature ability Slow Start the worst ability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: gz1r3nv.jpg (50KB, 393x398px) Image search: [Google]
gz1r3nv.jpg
50KB, 393x398px
Is Regigigas' signature ability Slow Start the worst ability in the entire game? It is completely underpowered, having to wait 5 turns is completely absurd. It turns what would be a fantastic Pokemon in to among the most dysfunctional.
>>
Should've been given adaptability instead
>>
>>30767433
>foul play literally wrecks it
It really is the worst.
>>
>>30767543
You mean foul play doesn't take the reduced attack into consideration? That's bullshit.
>>
Just give him Protect and Rest gamefreak
>>
Truant is worse if only because that ability could make anything bad.
>>
Have it start 3 stages below normal and every turn raises the stats one stage.
>>
>>30767566
It doesn't. I believe foul play doesn't take abilities into consideration.
I used to use regigigas and someone used it against me.
>>
>make a LEGEMDARY
>give him a really shitty ability which makes him unusable everywhere

Slaking I could understand because you can get it early and it's stats are great for an early normal Mon. Hell it gets a recovery move as well, but a legendary which made 3 other legendaries?
>>
You gotta look at it a different way. Regigigas isn't a straight out attacker with a bad ability, he's a tank with 110/110/110 defenses that has an ability that doubles his weak attack and speed after 5 turns.
>>
>>30767882
that would be a great way to look at it if it had just one thing

recovery of any kind
>>
>>30769311
...drain punch? Can that work?
>>
>>30767673
That is a very great idea.
>>
>>30767882
Regigigas is a mediocre special-oriented tank :^D
>>
>>30771020
With halved attack?
>>
>>30767433

I'm sorry OP, but without slow start regigigas would be broken. look how high its base stats are. It would be way too good
>>
>He doesn't even get Protect
What a disgusting world we live in.
>>
It's entirely intentional. Without Slow Start, Regigigas is a broken monster and Gamefreak knew that, so rather than nerfing his base stats or something of the sort they just slapped an ability on him to make him not so broken
>>
>>30771170
It's something, and if you slap leftovers on it you can recover even more per turn.

Its the only tool he has aside from substitute
>>
>>30771171
>>30771220
What's wrong with that? It's the leader of the Regi trio. And it's shittier than all three of them. You go through so much shit to get it, and it sucks. Even without Slow Start it isn't amazing. It's really strong, but it's not like it's a Mega Ray or anything.
>>
>>30771328

I bet it wouldn't even be UU without slow start. Like seriously, kyuurem-black (or white I don't remember which) has better typing and much better movepool and even better stats, and yet it couldn't even make ou
>>
>>30767433
What about in doubles and triples where you can set up protects and detects?
>>
change crush grip to
>Ignore any and all stat modificiations, including items and abilities
suddenly its UU

RU is fine too
>>
LF> Primal regigigas
Redeem this shitter ok
>>
>>30767673
Rename it to momentum at that point, I like that.
>>
Ideas:
-Crush Grip changed to 100 BP normal attack that is super effective against rock, ice, and steel types with no additional effect.

-Slow Start Makes attack and speed start at -1, but increases attack and speed every turn up to +1. Remove ability to use protect.

HA that gives STAB to rock,ice,and steel moves. (maybe too strong?)
>>
Regigigas is one of the biggest disappointments of Diamond and Pearl

First off, you need to transfer all the three Regis from RSE, which is a quest of its own

Then, you need to go through one of those bullshit ice skating rink challenges, which wasn't easy if you were like 12. If you saw the statue before, it was even cooler to see it activate

It's at 70, a fairly highly level. And then you find out it's complete shit.
>>
>>30767654
Except if you're Durant in which you can pass it on to your opponents
>>
>>30767433
They should give it Stall and add all its speed into its other stats.
>>
it's the only legendary made for doubles
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.