[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be considered anti-meta now? What kinds of tactics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 21

File: Smogon-Logo.jpg (19KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
Smogon-Logo.jpg
19KB, 212x238px
What would be considered anti-meta now?

What kinds of tactics were banned by Smogon but are still allowed in Battle Spot?
I'm seeing lots of people wih off-the-shelf Smogon teams and I'm thinking what we can do to force them to use some creativity.
>>
Maybe you need to force yourself to use some creativity if you keep losing to smogon shitters.

Delete your thread. Go ahead. You've embarassed yourself enough, haven't you?
>>
>>30757814
Hahaha, why are you so angry? Are you one of these kids, scared of the status quo being shaken up a little?
>>
>>30757754
>I keep losing to copy paste smogon teams please help me
git gud
>>
>>30757873
That's why I came here for advice buddy.
>>
>>30757906
The advice is git gud, idiot.
>>
Alolan Marowak.
Rotom-H in UU.
>>
Rather than trying to beat your opponents (since you're obviously a shitter), just use the shit that the Smogonfags consider "uber" like Aegislash and ruin the day of insecure OU Smogonfags.
>>
>>30757916
That's a meme, and not really even a coherent response, let alone advice. If you can't give any, why don't you leave?
>>
File: 4446611495_eeabe1bcb0_o.gif (17KB, 246x703px) Image search: [Google]
4446611495_eeabe1bcb0_o.gif
17KB, 246x703px
>>30757939
Nah, it's perfectly valid advice, get fucking good.
>>
>>30757976
Are you like 14? Do you think you're being funny or clever by pasting some old meme?
>>
6 Unown Sweep Team
>>
File: getbitcheslikecaillou.jpg (124KB, 726x677px) Image search: [Google]
getbitcheslikecaillou.jpg
124KB, 726x677px
>>30757754
>>30757869
>>30757906
>>30757939
>>30757999
SPOONFEED ME DADDY
>>
>>30757873
>>30757916
>>30757976
>XDDDDDDDEEEEEEEE ebin maymay take le my upvote good sir :^^^^^^)
>>
I told you to delete your thread.

Now look what you've done to yourself. Don't you feel embarassed?
>>
File: 1477143135804.png (275KB, 362x303px) Image search: [Google]
1477143135804.png
275KB, 362x303px
>>30757999
Like I just said, it's perfectly valid advice. You're just looking for an easy way to piss off people and cheese them instead of actually improving yourself as a player.

One last time, get fucking good.
>>
Assault Vest Rain Dance Goodra
>>
File: 1481502088625.jpg (39KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
1481502088625.jpg
39KB, 534x486px
>>30757754
Alola Marowak and pic related.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3HMALfodb8
>>
>>30758061
Who are you? My thread is great. Why don't you instead remove yourself from it?

>>30758086
This is a meaningless meme.

>>30758065
Meaningless meme. If you have nothing useful to say, just don't post at all.

>>30758078
Thanks for advice.
>>30757922
Thank you too. I'll look up what I can do with these.
>>
>>30758257
lol i give you a 2/10
>>
>>30758257
That goodra is a verlis meme
>>
>>30758294
What do you mean by this?
>>
File: lmaogit.jpg (46KB, 540x421px) Image search: [Google]
lmaogit.jpg
46KB, 540x421px
>>30758257
>anon has an autistic meltdown over being told to git gud

You can't hide from the truth forever.
>>
>>30757754
To beat the meta, you must understand the meta.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCLReWij1hs
>>
File: 1474290768266.png (217KB, 529x681px) Image search: [Google]
1474290768266.png
217KB, 529x681px
>>30758257
It's only meaningless because you're ignoring your own poor qualities as a player and not looking toward improving the root of your problems.
You're just using a band-aid with this thread, if even that. You aren't gonna improve if you can't understand why you're gonna be using the things you're gonna use.

Git gud and stopping expecting to be spoon fed like you basic /vp/ baby.
>>
>>30758257
It's not meaningless.
If you were good you wouldn't need advice ever again.
>>
>>30758340
Doesn't take much for you to consider a fairly unaggressive post a "meltdown". Is this the tactic you guys use now here? Trying to change reality by repeating something endlessly?
>>
>>30757754
>What would be considered anti-meta now?
Most stuff that is currently UU. Use it now before the new toy syndrome wears off.
>What kinds of tactics were banned by Smogon but are still allowed in Battle Spot?
Evasion Clause, some banned magas, just look it up.
>I'm seeing lots of people wih off-the-shelf Smogon teams and I'm thinking what we can do to force them to use some creativity.
Try something like Tangrowth, which smogon took a year to realize its viability.
>>
>>30757754
You have to go back
>>
>>30758407
Who told you I'm interested in "improving" in a game filled to the brim with cheaters? I'm interested in what would be considered unorthodox online. I don't even play ranked.

>>30758409
So your advice is to be good straight away, with no experience and no knowledge, just magicaly like that? And what makes you think that I'm interested in being "good", whatever that means? I play with friends mainly.
>>
>>30758465
Thanks. Although I have never used any mega pokemon before, takes too long to grind the BP for the mega stone. I think Tangrowth is not obtainable, at least I don't see it in my pokedex.
>>
>>30758504
Fine I'll help you out since these assholes clearly won't

git gud scrub
>>
>>30758504
>Who told you I'm interested in "improving"
>I play with friends mainly.
Then why do you gie a shit about any of this?
If you want to break the meta you should at least know the meta first.
>>
Our GiantFather, who art in AnorLondo,
hallowed be thy name,
thy invade come,
thy victory be done,
on londor as it is in oolacile.
Give us this loading screen, our daily death,
and forgive us our casulness,
as we forgive those who gang squad against us.
And lead us not into blighttown,
but deliver us from carthus curved sword.
For thine is the legend, and the rigns,
and the bass canon
for ever and ever.

gid gud.
>>
File: Hello my kekpanions.jpg (27KB, 467x503px) Image search: [Google]
Hello my kekpanions.jpg
27KB, 467x503px
>>30758504
>Cheaters
Ah, you're one of those kinds of people. Once more, git gud and stick to playing versus friends if you can't handle basic Smogon teams.
>>
>>30757754
The thing that trips up these kids constantly is either using lesser-known Pokemon, or better-known Pokemon with unusual builds.

Just take a look at moves and abilities that don't get a lot of use, Smogon/VGC meta is based around countering itself so even something like an unconventional build (like Feather Dance Decidueye or double flinch Fake Out/Fling Infernape) can force opponents to make bad reads.

Also, get better at making good reads yourself. Chances are if you see something popular, there are only going to be one or two builds for it. Celesteela's always going to have Leech Seed, Pelipper is always going to have Hurricane, etc.
>>
>>30758571
Because it's interesting.

>>30758614
I don't want to play with people who use hacked pokemon, that's all. Gitting gud would involve the cheaters raising their own teams legitimately. I don't see how I'm at the disadvantage here while they can't play fairly. Usually the use of hacking tools shows lack of skill.
>>
File: 1481036266363.jpg (7KB, 291x204px) Image search: [Google]
1481036266363.jpg
7KB, 291x204px
>>30758614
Your reaction images are shitty and you're being a fag. If you aren't gonna help OP then gtfo of the thread. I don't even have a damn problem with Smogon teams, just please, for the love of god, stop being a fag.
>>
>>30758649
Thanks. I've always thought that getting too caught up in the "meta" could make you miss other valid options simply because you're only focusing on what's popular. There are far too many different teams you can create for a single person or even a group of people to be able to counter every time.

Also, Pelipper is popular now? Never thought I'd live to see this day.
>>
>>30758732
>complains about reaction images being shit
>posts a shitty reaction image
>complaining about reaction images

are you okay anon
>>
>>30758465
Not Op, but can someone tell me about Tangrowth?
>>
>>30758708
Then breed you fucking faggot.
Aside from super obscure shit like Wish Chansey there's literally no difference between perfect breedmons and perfect hackmons.
>b-but breeding takes too long and competitive is dumb anyway!
What you're doing is asking other people to lower themselves to your level because you refuse to raise yourself to theirs, and that's not going to happen. So either breed pokemon that can realistically be used in a competitive setting, play on Showdown, or continue playing your shitter friends and ignore the competitive scene entirely. All of these are valid options.
>>
>>30758770
You're on a board dedicated to a very complex rpg/strategy game, can you please grow up a bit? Do you seriously not see the hypocrisy in saying "autism" just because we're interested in something complex and/or challenging?
>>
File: 1476885552189.gif (983KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1476885552189.gif
983KB, 500x377px
>>30758732
Maybe if OP wasn't such a consistent bitch about the whole thing. Didn't help he accused Smogon fags of being uncreative when he himself had to come here and be spoonfed mons to beat them with.

>>30758820
Fantasic bulk, access to Regenerator, utility options such as Leech Seed and Sleep Powder along with coverage in EQ and Knock Off make him a great pivot. He also makes a solid core with stuff like Slowking/Bro and Cancer Heartfish.
>>
>>30758708
Verlis pls go
>>
>>30758884
>You're on a board dedicated to a very complex rpg/strategy game, can you please grow up a bit?
It seems we have passed through the Event Horizon, god only knows what awaits us in the Abyss.
>>
>>30758806

>being so insecure that you have to respond to an insult by saying "y-yours is worse!"
>>
>>30758884
fuck off, shitter

let's see your profile on showdown then, if you're so interested
>>
>>30758860
Sorry but hackers are beneath everyone. I would never lower myself to their level. If you want to have a perfect team you're free to play on a simulator like Showdown. If you bring hacked pokemon to competitive battles in the actual game, I hope you get banned and they block your 3DS from accessing online features, so you can't ruin the fun for the rest of us.

Of course the question is why would you even play the 3DS game if you're clearly only interested in simulator-style battles.
>>
>>30758938
I don't play on showdown.
>>
>>30758924
>>30758884
Now, now, children.

>>30758820
It's pretty good but took a while to climb tiers because some OU team used it and people followed suit and found it was a great pivot. Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, or if you wanna shit on Waters and okay special attackers, Assault Vest.
>>
>>30758950
Except hacked pokemon don't ruin the game for breeders because they aren't superior to breedmons. Your Relaxed Brick Break Marowak can't keep up with breedmons any better than it can keep up with hackmons.
>>
>>30759039
Except it takes far too much more effort to have them legitimately. Cheating sucks the fun out of it for everyone. If you want perfect IVs, nature, and shininess, why don't you stay on Showdown?

The point of a simulator is to have readily available teams with max stats to experiment with different setups, or just to focus on the battles without having to play the game. In the actual game, we want to play with people who raised their teams the same way as us, for better or worse. Is that too much to ask for? You're clearly not interested in the game itself, just the math behind it (pure battles with no room for variability), so why insist on playing on 3DS?
>>
>>30758950
No, if you want to have a perfect team you can actually MAKE IT YOURSELF IN GAME WITH THE TOOLS THEY PROVIDE INGAME.
It takes a lot more time than pushing some buttons and receiving the pokemon, but it's more than possible.
I don't have access to any form of hacking, yet have a few perfect IV'd ideal nature pokemon already. And I cannot blame people for wanting to skip the tedium of going through multiple boxes worth of eggs to repeatedly refine the end results just to get what you want. But it's perfectly possible. Just annoying as all fucking hell.
>>
>>30759207
>why don't you stay on Showdown?
Because some people don't like Smogon rules
>In the actual game, we want to play with people who raised their teams the same way as us
Except you didn't raise your team the same way as them. You didn't put in the effort they did. Lots of people use legitimate pentaperfect/hexaperfect pokemon. So why don't you do that too? Pokemon that are used competitively online have perfect IVs, beneficial natures, and egg moves because they have to, or else they're objectively at a disadvantage. This is how it's always been, and this is how it always will be, and that's not going to change because you want to use a Bewear with 8 attack IVs.
>>
>>30759226
Why would you cheat though if there are tools that let you do it legitimately? Especially with tools like hyper training and numerous ways to influence breeding and EVs, which is fun in itself, the only reason to do that would be lack of skills to use those in-game tools and taking a shortcut built by someone else. I also noticed how most script kiddies who use cheating tools also make their entire teams shiny, which makes it even more pointless.

But hey, if that's "annoying as fucking hell" to you, why do you play this game? You can stick to the simulator and skip it all.
>>
>>30759340
But we're not talking about people who do it legitimately. I do everything I can to raise the best team I can, why do you think I don't? I dont have to watch the IVs because there's hyper training now, but the whole process of hunting and breeding the best pokemon I can is a lot of fun in itself. It's the script kiddies with cheating tools who ruin it for those of us who play legitimately. Somehow cheaters are frowned upon in every online game, except this one.

I'm sure you can configure Showdown to play with any rules you like.
>>
>>30759367
>Why would you cheat though if there are tools that let you do it legitimately?
>And I cannot blame people for wanting to skip the tedium of going through multiple boxes worth of eggs to repeatedly refine the end results just to get what you want. But it's perfectly possible. Just annoying as all fucking hell.
Why would you even reply to a post without reading or understanding the content of it?
>the only reason to do that would be lack of skills to use those in-game tools
Please, regale us with tales of how skillfully you biked back and forth for sixty hours.
>>
>>30759481
Hey, look, I'm gonna say it again so we're sure you understand this time - if that's too tedious for you, or too difficult, why don't you play on the simulator instead? It's free, works in a browser, so you don't have to waste ~250 quid for a console and a game, and it has none of this pesky breeding or gameplay you dislike so much.
>>
>people seriously responding to what's either a blatant troll or a retard so humongous he should be treated as one just to make him fuck off
Sasuga /vp/.
>>
>>30759573
Priceless to see a stereotypical 4chan guy reacting to someone who doesn't use his juvenile lingo or talk by his silly 4chan rules. No wonder you're kinda the laughing stock of the internet.
>>
>>30759367
>>30759457
Because it honestly takes less time to get something to either perfect IVs or the necessary 5IVs than it is to get it to level 100 and acquire the bottle caps necessary to hyper train it.
The 'annoying as fucking hell' is running around doing nothing but watching eggs hatch, and deciding what to do with the multiple boxes worth of Not Good Enough pokemon leftover because the game loves trolling you.
And I like having my own pokemon because I, too, enjoy that feeling of them being MINE, my team, rather than just some data in a simulator that gets dropped or added at a whim. Plus it's not as enjoyable watching it play out on a simulator anyways.
I still have no idea how you're getting the idea that people who are using pokemon that are - while hacked in - are otherwise within the parameters of what can be obtained in-game are ruining anything for anyone. As far as you know, that team you just fought with the perfect IVs and natures WAS hand-raised. Again, by using nothing but what was made available in-game.
>>
>>30759457
>But we're not talking about people who do it legitimately. I do everything I can to raise the best team I can, why do you think I don't?
Of course you don't. If you did bother to just breed penta-perfect IV mons with good egg moves and natures then you wouldn't be bitching about players who inject Pokes that are identical to that.

>It's the script kiddies with cheating tools who ruin it for those of us who play legitimately.
"Script kiddies"? What the fuck are you talking about. There isn't some crazy hacking script playing on these peoples 3ds while they're battling you - it's literally editing a couple of bytes of information in a file instead of rolling a figurative dice for 2-3 hours per Pokemon.
>>
>>30759642
I don't see what IVs or natures they have anyway, but it isn't a good enough excuse that they're "within legal parameters". Nobody has a team full of shinies with perfect stats legitimately. While this might be theoretically possible, the odds are astronomically low. This proves my point even further, since making them shiny doesn't influence their stats, so it can't be just the desire to get ahead in battle that causes people to cheat. I seriously wish that the next pair of games will require the players to stay connected to Nintendo servers at all times and the pokemon you obtain will need to be signed with their keys or they won't be allowed online. Normally I'm against such practices but cheating is rampant here and people encourage it, and this looks like the only solution that could work. This needs to be solved if Nintendo wants people to keep playing their game. I release all illegitimately created pokemon I get in GTS/wonder trades, it feels wrong to use them.
>>
File: 1478722873327.png (17KB, 200x94px) Image search: [Google]
1478722873327.png
17KB, 200x94px
>>30759620
And suddenly everything makes sense.
>>
>>30759860
Your entire worldview would crumble if you could not categorize people easily, wouldn't it? This guy's "from" 4chan, this guy's "from" reddit, this one's "from" facebook. The truth is we all read and visit all sorts of websites occasionally but only you feel strongly enough about them to develop a tribal identity based on the websites you like.
>>
>>30759838
How would you know if a pokemon you got on GTS/Wondertrade is illegitimately created? Would a perfect IV sand veil Gible sent over wondertrade get deleted? Because I was planning on sending one of those off in the near future because it's not one of the perfect rough skins I've got and I like throwing cool things out on wondertrade every so often
And yeah, the hacker's probably going to flip the shiny switch if they think it looks neater that way. How does that, in any way, shape, or form, affect how a battle plays out? How does that ruin the battle? Because of a minor visual effect?
And your proposed solution for this minor annoyance you have is one of the most heavyhanded things possible for a damn children's series.
>>
>>30759838
>This needs to be solved if Nintendo wants people to keep playing their game. I release all illegitimately created pokemon I get in GTS/wonder trades, it feels wrong to use them.
You can't seriously think that a few butt-hurt autists "leaving" because they don't like that some people have gotten shiny Pokemon quicker and easier than they have is going to have any effect on Nintendo.

Most people who buy Sun and Moon are kids or people who play 3DS in their spare time and don't give a shit about "competitive" battling. You show the 'typical' Pokemon player one of the autists who plays at VGC and they will cringe. Most players are never going to use the online battle features and will just fuck around in their own game, just think about that for a second.

Since you still haven't provided a coherent reasoning I'll lay it out again.

You (Player A) breed your shiny "legit" - it takes 5-7 hours depending on your luck.

I (Player B) gen my shiny - it takes 5-10 minutes, depending on which home-brew method I use.

How does my having the shiny quicker have any effect at all on your enjoyment of the game? This is why I can't stand anti-injectors. Most injectors will see a player who enjoys the lengthy breeding process and RNG and dismiss it as "to each their own". On the other hand faggots like you profess to enjoy the long RNG-laden breeding process, but seethe with scorn and jealousy at those who inject to avoid the process.
>>
File: spurdo_102.jpg (54KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo_102.jpg
54KB, 680x680px
I consider my team pretty anti-meta. Also, if you guys want to see a guy lose with a lot of salt because he brought broken shit like phermosomosa link related.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-496581147
>>
>>30759989
This is getting really deep dude
>>
>>30759989
You need to go back.
>>
>>30760052
how do people keep falling for the sneaky foxe meme
>>
File: woman-laughing-alone-with-salad.jpg (44KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
woman-laughing-alone-with-salad.jpg
44KB, 800x400px
>>30760097
There are so many noobs that leave their scizor in thinking it's a jolteon then quit because it was a zoroark with flamethrower
>>
>>30760123
Those retards shouldn't be leaving Scizor in on Jolteon anyway, Specs Thunderbolt would fry it even without SE.
>>
>>30760049
Why do you need it though, if it's just equivalent to using some script to create a file on a memory card? What would be the point of doing that? Why not do it in the simulator instead, which was designed from the start to be used like that? Seriously, you guys keep saying it's the same as breeding/catching in the game but somehow you don't do it. Isn't it pointless? It takes away all the challenge.
>>
File: 1480902777651.gif (1MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
1480902777651.gif
1MB, 350x272px
>>30760153
kek also in that replay. Who sets up with M-Gyrados against a team with milotic and ferrothorn? Are you drunk?
>>
>>30760199
Challenge implies difficulty. Something can be a gigantic fucking pain in the ass without being difficult. Take, for instance, breeding.
>>
>>30757754
You can't force creativity.
>>
My favorite anti-meta pokemon is Whimsicott. I'm also a fan of rest-talk druddigon in lower tiers. People shit their pants when there team is broken by Whimsicott lol.
>>
>>30760243
Then you might as well cheat it so it only displays "Congratulations, you win". The point of having shinies is that they're exceedingly rare and hard to obtain. Cheating to get them is pointless and removes all the fun, surprise, and accomplishment involved in finding them legitimately. This is what happens when you have a generation of kids getting participation awards and taught that everyone is a winer no matter what. Don't you see what an exercise in futility this is?
>>
>>30760199
You know very well that the simulators aren't the same as the physical game.

It's possible to both enjoy battling with and training the Pokemon on your system - while at the same time not enjoying the lengthy and tedious process of IV breeding. Same goes for Shiny Pokemon.

Yes just editing them in makes them feel less "special", but if you just like how a Shiny looks and don't want to roll a dice for 6-7 hours to get one then heck, why not inject? As long as it's not illegal it doesn't hurt anyone elses game experience.

"Challenge" is also murky waters. With Destiny Knot and IV breeding we know very well how to breed good Pokemon. There's no inherent "challenge" in it. It's simply rolling a dice to refine the children until you have what you want.

It's like having a 100-sided dice and the "challenge" is to roll a 1. That's not hard, that's not "challenging" at all. It's just trying your luck until you get the desired outcome.

Honestly as far as injecting / PKHeX goes legendaries are the real point of contention. There is ACTUALLY no other way to get a shiny or good IV + natured Legend than to soft-reset your game hundreds if not thousands of times and hope you get lucky. Where's the challenge in that? If what I enjoy in Pokemon is leveling and battling with my favorite Pokemon without having to go through all that tedious shit then why wouldn't I cut out the middle man?
>>
Oh look this devolved into more cheat discussion. There is another thread already up about that, can't we discuss the meta?

Fuck cheaters though.
>>
>>30760580
OP brought this on himself when he asked for stuff that shits on Smogon Copy-Paste optimal sets but doesn't want to use injected mons anywhere in the process.

Newsflash, those Smogon sets you're seeing online that feature Move-Tutor exclusive moves but are on battle-spot anyway?

They're genned. And only genners will have them until Pokebank / Transfer is available.
>>
Phermosoas coverage is terribad, and is countered by any ghost, or poison types. It will rot in Ubers for that 151 Spd stat tho.
>>
>>30760524
The point of all these things is so that they will be very very rare and hard to obtain. By cheating them into the game, you cheapen their value for everyone else and make them seem mundane. They're not supposed to be just a click away, it's purposefully very difficult to find just a single shiny.

This is why videogames are moving to always online models, you just can't trust people to not cheat even when it comes to purely cosmetic stuff that's there to provide variety and a sense of accomplishment and luck when you do encounter them. If you happen to like the way they look is no excuse to just cheat them into the game. I hope the next game will do all of that server side so cheating is only possible on private ghetto servers with minimal population.
>>
>>30760657
They should be banned then.
>>
>>30760716
>This is why videogames are moving to always online models.

You know online-only would kill Pokemon right?

You're so blinkered by your bias you don't even realise how fucked these games would be if a kid can't even play Pokemon on a long car-ride because it requires "checking in" to ensure that his purely cosmetic, not effecting gameplay in any way, slightly different colored monsters are NINTENDO CERTIFIED.

Fuck off, you know very well how cancerous that shit gets in the game industry. Cosmetic 'loot crates' are abound in pretty much every game out there with a server-side loot system and it's just an excuse to nickel and dime people for every fucking cent.

And let's not forget Nintendos own track record with forced - scarcity. Little Jimmy wants a Marth Amiibo from his favorite game? Too bad they're "exclusive" and rare so his only option is to get his parents to buy one from one of the scalpers on Ebay for 200+ fucking dollars.

Fuck off.
>>
>>30760860
Candy Crush does that and it's one of the most popular games ever. And countless other mobile games. So it's not as unlikely as you think. And it seems unavoidable, because cheaters keep popping up everywhere. You're doing this yourself, it's our actions that require those solutions. Stop cheating, stop justifying cheaters, and we won't need to have always online games everywhere.
>>
>>30760946
No. Just fuck you.
>>
File: PAFC10.jpg (89KB, 500x695px) Image search: [Google]
PAFC10.jpg
89KB, 500x695px
>>30760860
Online verified mons solves this. Offline play might keep hacks around but if there is a pentagon equivalant symbol only on online verified mons, then people can choose only to trade for those. Add it to the trade filter on GTS and wala.

pic unrelated
>>
>>30760972
Ok cheater, just be aware that those are the consequences of your actions. The next time you get irrationally angry because a game has a built-in mechanism to keep your dirty hands off its internal mechanisms, you will know it's because of you and others like you. If you weren't trying to cheat, even in the most meaningless and cosmetic aspects of the game, we wouldn't need that,
>>
>>30760946
>>30760996
Or, just maybe, they could make it NOT take so long to get a decent team, instead of shooting themselves in the foot with something that means the game is LITERALLY DEAD COME NEXT GEN.
Make Hyper Training something not gated behind both level 100 and an exceedingly scarce item.
Make Hidden Power something you can choose between instead of only one thing ever for a particular pokemon.
Have a way to swap natures for your pokemon so you don't have to sit there breeding for that.
NOT remove the easiest methods of EV raising and lowering ever in the series.
Then anyone can be able to compete just as well as anyone else!
>>
>>30760946
>You really just compared the main-line Pokemon series to the lifeless, corporate husk that is mobile gaming

Fuck off anon.

>>30760996
The trouble is there will always be a way around this anon.

You can't have any shiny you capture in offline play not be "online verified" or all you do is fracture the community into "online only" and "everyone else" and then guess what? Your games dead.

How do you guys not get this. 95% of what goes on in a Pokemon game is single player and completely fucking that up because a small minority of players are a little bit upset because another small minority of players aren't catching their shinies 100% legit is just about the stupidest thing I have seen on this board - and that's saying something.
>>
>>30761058
>In one sentence you call shinies "special, rare and meaningful" and in the next you berate injectors for editing a "meaningless and cosmetic aspect"

If you weren't obviously sniffing your own farts I would be surprised.
>>
>>30761515
Meaningless from the competitive battling point of view. Are you sure you could pass a 3rd grade literacy test?
>>
>>30757754
I'm with ya. I'm a beginner and I don't know where to start. I usually just copy and use teams that other people have made but that makes me predictable and so I want to make my own team but I don't know where to start.
>>
>>30759989
I don't care about what's being discussed in this thread but seriously consider killing yourself you fucking tool.
>>
>>30757906
>>30757754

Do the most bullshit teams you got
Double Team, Swagger/Flatter/Togekiss Flinch/paralysis spam...

Make a team dedicated to screwing with people as much as possible.

Now delete thread and move on with your life
>>
>>30761058
No, they are not, and no one is angry at GF seven (and surely raising) layers of crypto.
I'm angry at the sheer stupidity of what you suggested. Add more checks and built in barriers? Fine, be calm for another two years, it'll be broken at some point., or not. Add a system that makes the PORTABLE game REQUIRE A MODEM to be played? Well done you imbecile. Not even Microsoft could keep something as idiotic as that up for long. ON A FUCKING HOME CONSOLE.
A fucking mobile game has the advantage of being, you know, ON A FUCKING MOBILE, with that dandy little device called a SIM card that enables it to be connected at all times.

Not a single thing done requires further deviance from the norm.
Get down from that high horse of yours and go down on it.
>>
File: 1466535047858.png (459KB, 848x445px) Image search: [Google]
1466535047858.png
459KB, 848x445px
>>30759838
>Nobody has a team full of shinies with perfect stats legitimately
Bullshit. In XY I filled nine boxes with eevees in order to get a perfect IV HP Ground Sylveon. Do you not visit the shiny threads? Wfg? Where there's a will, there's a way. Go fuck yourself
>>
>>30757754
marowak is anti meta
>>
>>30761405
>You can't have any shiny you capture in offline play not be "online verified" or all you do is fracture the community into "online only" and "everyone else" and then guess what? Your games dead.

The game would die? Yeah, no. You act like it would be separate communities. It's just a check to show if the Poke is actually legit, using online connectivity. If it was modified while you weren't online it would lose the mark. Nobody loses except hackers.
>>
the fuck is happening ITT
>>
>>30760052
>leaving Marowak in on Milotic
Dumbass deserved to lose

>Pheromosa's cry
I don't know what I expected desu
>>
>>30764771
Nope.
Wouldn't work.
The only way for such a system to work would be to disallow any capture or breeding done offline.
>>
File: luke_stahp.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
luke_stahp.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>30760946
>comparing Pokémon to Candy Crush
>>
>>30760946
>Comparing Pokemon to fucking Candy Crush
Ah, so this is how a breedfaggot descends into insanity
>>
File: 1469161393030.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469161393030.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>>30764771
>Nobody loses except hackers.
And people that EV train while offline, you dumb son of a bitch
>>
>anti-smogon tard goes on a meltdown because "you didn't waste 3 days catching that shiny!!! YOU'RE RUINING MY FUN AAAAAAAAAAH"

And they say anti-smogon fags aren't retarded
>>
>>30765381
>>30765065
I like to think that this is just a foolish madman that happens to be a breeder/anti-smogonfag.
>>
World Class Baton Pass
VS
Minimize Double Team Skarmbliss
go
>>
File: 1480098804412.png (26KB, 96x118px) Image search: [Google]
1480098804412.png
26KB, 96x118px
>>30764771
>Go outside
>Touch Pokémon
>Pokemon is disallowed from online play
>>
>op being a twat and refusing to gitgud
this is exactly why guzma never became a trial captian. do you really want to be like guzma and be a sorry sack of shit?
>>
>>30768250
>Guzma is more popular than a trial captain
>Also looks cooler
>Is based slav race
>Not a flaming homosexual or Loli
Op still has issues though. Probably had a bad day.
>>
>>30768250
Guzma was good though. He was too good.
>>
File: 1470717961442.gif (171KB, 240x236px) Image search: [Google]
1470717961442.gif
171KB, 240x236px
>>30764771
>>30768172
What the fuck is all this shit about online verification? Most of the time i'm playing Pokemon it's while travelling.

I hop online for PSS stuff every other night and you're saying I can't use any of the Pokemon I snagged while using my mobile handheld gaming device while mobile?
>>
>>30759340
>showdown has battle spot ladders and an active-ish battle spot room
>showdown has an active vgc ladder
please stop, playing on showdown does not mean smogon rules only
>>
File: 1477632328596.jpg (22KB, 475x263px) Image search: [Google]
1477632328596.jpg
22KB, 475x263px
>>30768485
It was just an idea from earlier in the thread. Don't worry.
>>
ITT: A collar wearing furry that fucks dogs. Can you guess who it is?
>>
>>30770076
If only Lycanroc didn't used Counter on us
>>
>>30760716
Why do you care so much about what other people have. It's like being mad at some kid who has more money than you because he was born into it, while you worked hard for your shit. You'll eventually have the same amount as the kid, but you wasted time. You know TIME....... the thing you can't get back.
>>
>>30770132
So many things are wrong with this, but I kinda get where you're going with this. It's more like the kid is loaded, and it doesn't affect you, but it makes you mad because how dare he take a shortcut.
>>
>>30764771
>Nobody loses except hackers.
Except hackers would just work around this. The only people who loose are little timmy who caught a shiny rattata while driving through a tunnel.
>>
>>30765426
I'm not even sure he's a breedfag, because he clearly doesn't know how breeding works.
He's either fresh off the bus, legitimately retarded, or a sensei of trolls.
>>
>>30757814
you have aspergers :)
>>
>>30758061
Defense mechanism.
>>
>>30757754
Confusion
Double Team
Accuracy deducing moves
>>
>>30757754
Funbro
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.