[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: XY_Prerelease_Sky_Battle.png (131KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Prerelease_Sky_Battle.png
131KB, 400x240px
What went wrong?
>>
>>30753614
Why is Haunter levitating?
>>
>>30753647
It knows Levitate thats why
>>
>>30753647
Why wouldn't it?
>>
>>30753614
Holy shit that looks way worse than I remember it being.
>>
>>30753614
I never participated in any of these, I thought they were a myth
Seems fun
>>
>>30753614
>flying mons that can stand given standing animations in amie
>flying mons that regularly stand weren't given flying animations for sky battles, preventing them from being used
Everything, really.
>>
>>30753614
A mediocre gimmick that you couldn't even use online that ruined the animations of 95% of flying Pokemon for the next few Gens because GF isn't going to update their models or animations for many years.

Just glad SM didn't have this shit so mons like Toucannon can perch on the ground where it looks better
>>
>>30753614
>Literally adds nothing, no special battle propertires or effects,

>Its just a bullshit set of restrictions on most mons and a lot of moves to fight on a different background. How is this fun?
>>
What was the point of Sky Battles? It just limited the number of pokemon you could use.
>>
>>30753614
Nobody cared?
I never participated in even a single one of these on multiple playthroughs of X.
>>
>>30753614
They made a gimmick battle type where the gimmick was that it was exactly like the regular battles but with less pokemon and moves. So everything. I wonder how they managed to have the common sense to make all 5 of these battles completely optional but didn't have the sense to just not bother.
>>
I did one of these by accident and got destroyed because my only flying type was a really low leveled Fletchling
>>
>>30753776
> GF isn't going to update their models or animations for many years.

God dammit this is probably true
>>
>>30753849
It's absolutely true, they have hi-res models of all the pokemon that'll be used for quite some time.

I miss sprites so much.
>>
>tfw these were the only thing resembling a challenge in x and y because the only thing I had that could participate was vivillon and opponents had shit like emolga, cryogonal and aerodactyl
>>
It was pretty hilarious how the very next games after XY had wild Pokémon encounters in the sky, but Gamefreak realised between games how retarded sky battles were and didn't use them there.
>>
what went wrong is that female sky trainers are cute as fuck but since nobody likes sky battles nobody draws them
>>
>>30753647
Only Gengar lost levitate silly
>>
>>30753954
Models wouldn't be so bad if they were posed and animated better. Most flying mons look really awkward by just gliding in place (Salamence, Xaty, etc) and so many others are just standing around like they're waiting at a bus stop. It doesn't look like a dynamic battle between animals when the idle poses are so boring
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.