[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on these designs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 15

File: ub.jpg (80KB, 660x537px) Image search: [Google]
ub.jpg
80KB, 660x537px
What is your opinion on these designs?
>>
>>30751848
better then buzzshit
>>
>>30751848
They're hideous
>>
>>30751848
Love Xurkitree, Necrozma is meh, Guzzlord was stupid at first but grew on me after Amie.
>>
>>30751848
Guzzlord is the only one I don't like
>>
necrozma is shit

the other two are great
>>
Love them, maybe not so much on Necrozma, but the other two, yes.
>>
Unique/10
>>
>>30751848
They're all shit, and I tried to like Xurkitree
>>
>>30751848
>Xurkitree
Good
>Necrozma
The legs should be removed or improved
>Guzzlord
Shit
>>
Necrozma looks a lot better as a model than that render.
>>
>>30751848
I loved the UB's designs because they succeed in looking alien.

Necrozma is fine as a pokemon but in the game there's absolutely nothing hinting at its existence other than Looker freaking out which begs to question: where the fuck did Necrozma come out or what does it do in Alola.
>>
What's Guzzlord supposed to be based off? A black hole?
>>
>>30751848
NOT FIRST 151
NOT LITERALLY MY MOM'S DOG
NOT A POKÉMON REEEEEEEEE
>>
Guzzlord is a mess, but for some reason, I don't hate it. Probably my least favorite UB though.

Xurkitree looks weird on paper but looks awesome in motion.

Necrozma also looks weird when completely stagnant but in battle kinda resembles the head of some JRPG secret boss and just the way it moves is pretty cool, so I like it.
>>
>>30751848
Necrozma is one of the best designs this gen. Looks like a fucking mecha.

Guzzlord's pretty neat. Good colors. Not huge on Xurkitree, too weird for me, but it's far from the worst.
>>
>>30751916
Yeah,
>>
>>30751848
Xurkitree and its pose is amazing. Necrozma is pretty cool,very alien like.Guzzlord is odd but it has a certain appeal
>>
>>30751885
This
>>
Xurkitree: Very creative idea.
Guzzlord: Good in a "wow what a weird alien" kind of way, but that's about it.
Necrozma: Eh. It's kind of cool looking, but that's about it. The lore surrounding it is so mysterious I don't know how to connect it to its design besides the obvious "it looks like a UB but it might actually be a Pokemon."
>>
>>30751848
>Xurkitree
Best name, best UB design, and best cry this Gen. There's nothing wrong with this Pokemon at all.

>Necrozma
Looks okay, but it's very obviously destined to have an alternate form in the next games. I wish I had saved that image of how it could possibly be a disembodied dragon head.

>Guzzlord
Retarded name and dumb as fuck design. Looks like they just threw all logic out the window with this one.
>>
>>30752163
>threw all logic out the window
Don't all Ultra Beasts apply here

I mean I don't hate the Ultra Beasts, but Pokémon from another dimension seem pretty logic-dropping already
>>
I like them all. Necrozma looks more like an UB than a Pokémon but I guess there's more to it than just that (hopefully in a third version).
>>
guzzlord is a mess
necrozma is a good idea executed badly
xurkitree is beautiful in every way
>>
>>30752202
Yea, you're technically right.

I meant it as a hyperbole. I was just implying that it's the absolute weirdest, ugliest looking creature that has existed in the Pokemon world (in my opinion).

It's purely subjective, but I just think it looks really bad, almost like a 5 year old designed it and an adult cleaned it up.
>>
>>30751848
Why is Necrozma so fucking shitty, i understand that he's gonna get complete forms with next games but Zygarde didn't look like a fucking deformed midget robot
>>
>>30751874
This
>>
>>30752316
Eh, you're right, but I see it as overly designed intentionally. I mean, it's a big hungry monster that eats literally everything.

But I won't argue that itreally does look like a young child's drawing, tho
>>
>>30751937
You have odd taste, my friend.
>>
>>30751848
Xurkitree is one of the best Electric types in the series and i love him

Guzzlord has a lot of flaws in his design but i love him anyways

Necrozma looks like a good concept but badly executed, My least favorite legendary/Mythical in this gen
>>
File: lmfaoo.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
lmfaoo.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>tfw u just realized necrozma isn't an UB
>>
>>30752514
I thought it was obvious.
>>
File: Edzilla.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Edzilla.gif
1MB, 320x240px
I'm not sure why, but Guzzlord reminds me of Edzilla.
>>
Hate all of the ultra beasts. Repulsive designs and mockingly min maxed stats.
>>
Guzzlord sucks

Xurkitree and Necrozma are perf
>>
>>30751848
I like The Void and Dark Crystal, but Christmas Lights is dumb.
>>
>>30752514
It's related to them in some way probably
>>
I don't really get what the fuck Necrozma is supposed to be but I guess it works well as an unknown alien thing.
Xurkitree is best UB.
Guzzlord is meh.
>>
I love Guzzlord. He looks like a Dragon Quest boss.
Xurkitree is funny.
Necrozma is fucking garbage unless the theory of his body being a dragon head is real.
>>
>>30751848
Xurkitree is perfect, from its design to the way it moves
Guzzlord is weird but cute in refresh
Necrozma is also weird but I like how mysterious is right now and the animations in game
>>
>>30751848
They look like shit along with the other UBs.
>>
>>30751848
They are shit.
>>
>>30751848
Xurkitree is nice.
Guzzlord is okay.
Necrozma is Golisopod's retarded cousin from space.
>>
I love Xurkitree. It's my favorite design out of Gen 7. Kind of crazy because my initial reaction was thinking it was fake and dumb, but it grew on me more and more every time I saw it in motion.

Guzzlord is alright. It's just a tad bit busy for my tastes but I don't dislike it. Left a good first impression on me, but my opinion lowered the closer I looked.

I'm neutral to Necrozma.
>>
File: 1480210534356.png (199KB, 851x693px) Image search: [Google]
1480210534356.png
199KB, 851x693px
Xurkitree is my favorite UB and Guzzlord is probably in my top 3 dragons. But while Necrozma's kind of cool in a "what the fuck is this supposed to be" sort of way, it doesn't have much going for it passed that right now. I'll probably end up liking it if it gets some defined backstory/a new form in the next game.
>>
You know, all this ultra beast business really has me worried that pokemon will go through a major reboot soon, and that they are trying to warm up fans to the prospect. i blame yokai watch.
>>
I like Xurkitree. Guzzlord is a bit too much for me, could be worse though. Necrozma is just shit, sure they may give it a bunch of formes in the future but that doesn't change the fact that it looks like ass.

Even if I do like Xurkitree and some of the other UBs, I don't want to see any more of them. Fucking 18 legendaries this generation, 18 legendaries in the generation that introduced the second lowest amount of new pokémon. You can get all technical on me and tell me that they're not legendaries but it's not like it makes a difference either way. They're all postgame, high BST, single stage non-breedable pokémon, the only difference is that their designs are intentionally bizarre and that's not always a good thing.

If they wanted to make pokémon that came from a different dimension, fine, just limit yourself to a trio like every other fucking generation. The vast majority of people are going to box these things and never use them, put the resources to better use elsewhere.
>>
File: 1480751973324.jpg (5KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
1480751973324.jpg
5KB, 250x197px
>>30751848
They look like I want Shin Megami Tensei to leave. We already had the literally Digimon generation. Different styles look fucking weird in the pokemon universe. I know that's the point of the UBs, but still, the clash is noticable and shitty.
>>
File: thing.jpg (98KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
thing.jpg
98KB, 400x600px
Love Xurkitree so much, reminds me of this poster too which is cool. I actually wish its head was less defined but the technology isn't there yet I guess.
>>
>>30753797
UBs clash less than you'd think really

The main thing that makes them stand out is lack of faces
>>
I don't understand the hate for them, I think they look amazing all three of them, I like how Pokémon is stepping out of its boundaries, expanding out and increasing variety, so my opinon on these designs are this

Guzzlord - A pretty fantastic design, it combines a lot of elements I like to a monstrous creature, tendrils with mouths, a huge stomach mouth, it's head reminds me of a kings helmet or armor, which makes sense because in Japan it's name means evil consumption king, the large tail with the club is pretty cool and to me it's like a UB version of Zygarde or a evil version

Necrozma - This design is pretty awesome, who knew rainbows could be so intimidating, it's slender sleek black build and design remind me of a mech from metal gear

Xurkitree - Another really awesome design, I love how it's just wires and a twist ties creating a strange alien slender man of a Pokémon and how it moves in game is just awesome
>>
Guzzlord is weird.

All its design elements together seem like it should make some colossal evil-looking monstrosity, but it's still got that cute Pokemony style and can't go all the way. It's unique at least, so I don't mind.
>>
File: 1380293533-1376216435-o.gif (699KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1380293533-1376216435-o.gif
699KB, 240x180px
>>30751848
As long as it's not waifu mon(Tsareena), not too animal or literally animal(like Komala,Toucannon), not plain design like Bewear.

I'm OK with it
>>
Guzzlord and Xurkitree are cool. Necrozma has cool animations but his legs ruin his design.
>>
>>30752648
What was obvious about it in any shape way or form? It belongs right there with them
>>
>>30751848
Guzzlord looks okay but doesnt look like a pokemon, the other two are trash AND dont look like pokemon, with Xurkitree being a little less awful than Necrozma for the wackiness of it.

I hate it.
>>
>>30753580
IT

ALL

COMES

TOGETHER
>>
Would've been bothered if they were introduced as normal pokemon, the explanation works though. They do look like something from a different dimension while maintaining some of the "pokemon" look.
>>
>>30751848
Guzzlord is one of my favorite designs. Completely alien and freaky. It does its job perfectly, and is funny in Refresh. A shame about how shitty it is to use.

Xurkitree is also very weird. Good design.

Necrozma literally looks like a half-finished design. It wouldn't surprise me if next gen's 3rd legendary is a fucking wireframe.
>>
>>30751874
ALIASING
>>
>>30751848
>Guzzlord
Amazing, best looking dark type.
>Xurkitree
Every part of its body is made from manmade objects, bad design.
>Necrozma
Feels incomplete.
>>
Every design is god-teir compared to the Vanilluxe line
>>
>>30751848
I seem to be in the minority, but I really liked Guzzlord. Looks like an Etrian Odyssey boss. Necrozma and Xurkitree were meh for me.
>>
I like Xurkitree and Necrozma a lot.
Guzzlord is okay, not great.

Surprised at how much hate Necrozma gets. Despite not being an UB, it's one of my favorite UBs.
>>
File: 1481246505080.png (1MB, 1365x639px) Image search: [Google]
1481246505080.png
1MB, 1365x639px
>hating on guzzlord
>>
Guzzlord looks so cute with his tiny little wings
>>
>>30756967
I love that its idle animation is it cleaning its tooth.
>>
Xurkitree looks like shit
Necrozma looks weird but I guess that was on purpose so it gets a pass.

Guzzlord looks aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>30751848
What franchise are they from?
>>
>>30751848
Xurkitree is dope as fuck. Looks good and is very fun to use in battles.

Necrozma is pretty cool. Not a fan of the skinny parts of its arms, but I still like it a lot.

Guzzlord looks like some children's toy. Not too huge on it.
>>
Xurkitree: Pretty cool
Guzzlord: Don't like it
Necrozma: skipped leg day
>>
Xurk's probably the best of the UBs designwise
Hungry Hombre grew on me when I saw the poor guy getting sad in amie.
Necrozma I don't really have an opinion other than hype for whatever the fuck is he and what they do with him in Stars/S2M2/whatever and low dread for how Nintendo will drop the ball with him like they did with Zygarde
>>
File: IMG_2097.png (77KB, 228x223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2097.png
77KB, 228x223px
>>30760564
>Nintendo
>>
>>30753323
>I don't really get what the fuck Necrozma is supposed to be
>>
>>30751848
Xurkitree looks cool and has a great idle animation, but Necrozma is vile. Guzzlord is kinda cool too. Has a H.P. Lovecraft vibe to it.
>>
>>30751848
worse than ice creams
slap there buzzwole too
absolute cancer only ironic shitposters will defend

if you post the forced "still hating on pokemon designs" yokai meme and edit it with these garbage mons you won't notice any difference
>>
>>30763947
we've seen that image so many times that we're bound to see the difference tho
>>
>>30763220
A prism
>>
>>30763947
My opinon is right therefore I am right that all are shit because I am 4 chan incarnate and all must agree with me, yeah get off your horse and chill, people like what they want and you have to deal with it
>>
They are all shit. Xurkitree is somewhat salvaged by its 10/10 animations/personality.
>>
>>30764018
REEEEEEEEE

FUCKING DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW! ALL ULTRA BEASTS ARE SHIIIIIIIT
>>
>>30764018
you are part of the problem
>>
>>30751848
Perfect for Luxury Balls.
>>
File: 1478388191457.jpg (50KB, 433x469px) Image search: [Google]
1478388191457.jpg
50KB, 433x469px
>>30764062
>people are allowed to have their own opinions
>this is apparently a bad statement
>>
>>30751848
I really like Fat Man's design in general, but I do get the feeling that it's too Dwarf-Fortressy. As in, that it's got spikes menacing with spikes.
Christmas Tree is great all around, pretty much spot-on.
Necrozma... I just don't get. I really like the idea of a prism Pokémon, but just having black polygons just doesn't represent that at all. And even then, I don't get why it's so spiky, or has that weird torso.
>>
>>30751848
Necrozma and Guzzlord are incredible, Xurkitree is aight
>>
File: Like this for instance.png (486KB, 802x521px) Image search: [Google]
Like this for instance.png
486KB, 802x521px
>>30764507
Look closely at the inside of Necrozma's "head". Does it remind you of anything?
>>
>A fucking extension cord
>>
>>30751848
>Literally my mom
>Literally my mom's laptop charger
>Literally me
>>
>>30764062
>OP asks if you like something or not
>Someone gives an answer
>This offends the snowflake
>"You are part of the problem"
And what problem is that, exactly?
>>
>>30751848
a dragon legendary
>>
Xurkitree is fantastic, Guzzlord looks like an actual evil boss monster, and Necrozma is pretty intriguing, which is probably what gf wanted
the only UB I don't really like is Pheromosa
>>
I believe Guzzlord is bizzaro-Zygarde and hopefully they make it clearer in the sequel (if any) by giving it an alternate form via an item of some sort.
>>
>>30751848
Xurkitree I too fucking hilarious and creative to not love and is probably my favourite regular UB

Guzzlord looks pretty cool though nothing special.

Necrozma is my new favourite legend on design alone. It looks both menacing and silly at the same time and I love designs like that.
>>
Necrozma is cool, Xurkitree is alright, don't care much for Guzzlord
>>
>>30763220

edgy and overrated?
>>
>>30751848
in my opinion, gen 7 had good regular pokemon designs on average, but the UBs are godawful. necrozma and guzzlord especially
>>
>>30764971
>does Gladion's hand-over-face as its idle animation
>"Necrozma" is future/future alt universe Gladion fused with a UB flung far, far into the past
>>
File: 1450503579192.jpg (93KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1450503579192.jpg
93KB, 620x670px
>>30770596
>edgy and overrated?
>>
>>30751874
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4wK3VinelQ
>>
>>30751848
I love Necrozma ever since I saw the dragon head.
>>
>>30752514
I caught one within 5 beast balls so I don't care what they say, he's an ultra beast to me.
>>
>>30755539
"No Bueno"
>>
>>30770645
Yeah what's the deal with that animation? Is it even used in battle?
>>
>>30751848
they're all nonsensical bullshit but xurkitree doesn't trigger me as much for some reason

still, the "pokemon actually invented all of these blatantly artifical things!" meme is starting to wear on me
>>
Xurkitree
>Literally my cable providers coaxial cable bundled by zip ties

Still my favorite one though
>>
>>30751848
Xurkitree was love at first sight. I was sad to hear that it was a UB and this meant I could not catch it until postgame
>>
>>30770841
could you point it out? cant see it
>>
>>30771033
The torso is a dragon head, facing downwards, the back of Necrozma is the top of the head.
It's arms come out of the eye sockets, it's legs come out of the nostrils.
It's more visible from a diagonal/side view.
>>
>>30770910
In the three most recent generations, every Pokemon has a more active idle animation that happens every once in a while only in battle. An example from Gen 5 is Oshawott throwing its scalchop in BW2, or Emolga tucking its membrane in and releasing for a burst of air.

But in the 3DS titles due to the camera cuts and pans and actual attack animations, unless you sit at the "what should Pokemon do?" screen for a long time and get lucky with when exactly it happens, you probably won't see it in regular gameplay, just through the Pokedex in ORAS/SM. Some Pokemon have it play as they're encountered in the wild in SM though, like Vulpix or Emolga. Actually, I think anything that isn't a Legendary plays the more active part of their idle animation on encounter.
>>
File: Not a disgaea dragon at all..png (634KB, 1123x984px) Image search: [Google]
Not a disgaea dragon at all..png
634KB, 1123x984px
>>30771033
>>
Guzzlord's design is too messy, but I like the concept. Xurkitree is awesome. Necrozma is alright - I think its model looks weird from behind
>>
>>30753140
>mockingly min maxed stats
Yeah, let's just give them all base 95 in all six stats, that worked out well for Silvally
>>
>>30771111
It's definitely a severed dragon's head, it's even smaller than Solgaleo and Lunala
>>
>>30751848
Guzzlord is the only design I don't care much for.
>>
>>30751848
Guzzlord is a total qt
Electro tree is also cute
Neccy ehhh
>>
>>30752711
>not sure why
https://youtu.be/W7Ioy1LMg8I
They're cut from the same cloth
>>
>>30751848
Guzzlord is one of those mons that you'd think was just a random monster drawn up by a single-digit year-old, like those shitty drawings by kids that are then recreated by a professional for the chuckles.

This is actually a compliment, I fucking love Guzzlord and how ridiculous it is
>>
>>30771111
>>30771891

What is Necrozma is the discarded skull of the Unova dragon?
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.