[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unused Typing Combinations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 5

File: type chart.png (110KB, 661x661px) Image search: [Google]
type chart.png
110KB, 661x661px
What are some ideas for pokemon to fill in the gaps?

Fairy/Fighting and Fairy/Dark would probably be saved for future mythical pokemon. I think a good idea for a Normal/Ice type might be a Arctic rodent thing that could evolve into a bigger ice-rabbit thing that could curl into a ball that looked like a snowball.
>>
Something like Flygon as Dragon/Bug
>>
>>30749768

Yeah, I feel both Flygon and Yanmega should have been Bug/Dragon.
Bug/Flying types piss me off so much, I hope we never seen anymore pokemon with a type like that again.
>>
>>30749705
>fire/grass
Scorpion Moruga pepper pokemon, looks like a spicy pepper but with scorpion legs and tail
>fire/fairy
I'm slavic and we have these tales of Domaci (household) ghosts/fairies that spring up from fireplace, I think it'd be cool to see them in game
>poison/ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpNn1nht0_8
>normal/ghost
a classic white sheet ghost
>dark/electric
lmao Edison
>steel/fight
Dwayne Johnson
>>
Poison/Ice could be a Bittercold-like UB?
>>
>>30749705
>Fire/Grass
A DUDE WEED pokemon
>>
File: chili_pepper_fakemon.png (231KB, 800x954px) Image search: [Google]
chili_pepper_fakemon.png
231KB, 800x954px
>>30749871

I remember seeing some fake leaks for SM with some Fire/Grass pepper pokemon ages ago, and I thought it was a cool idea
(pic related is the closest thing I could find to it)
>>
Fire/Grass

A wildfire/forest fire Pokemon. He's a tree that's on fire.

Has an ability that he always burned, and if he faints due to burn, his health is restored, burn is healed, and his Type is changed to Grass/Ghost
>>
>>30749974
>tfw ate one of the carolina reapers
it was intense as shit and lemme tell you something: it was fun and I'd do it again
>>
>>30750003
That seems a little complicated, but I like the idea of it becoming burnt out and turning into a ghost type.
I guess the constantly burning idea is not that far fetched considering we have Komala that is permanently sleeping
>>
>>30750044

I'm the biggest pussy when it comes to spicy things, I just can't seem to handle it
>>
>>30749705
>there's no dragon/bug
dragonfly motherfucekrs
tfw vibrava was supposed to be a dragonfly but they managed to fuck that up
>>
>2016
>Generation 7
>Still no Bug Dragon
>>
>>30750084
can you ahndle tabasco or jalapenos?
I love spicy food so when I got a hold of one of those mofos I just had to try it, and lemme tell you... first 10 seconds you actually taste the flavor and it's really nice but then the fucking cement truck that's capsicin hits and you're fucked for next 10 or so mins at least. Also, next morning, I pissed fire and shat napalm
>>
>>30750053
I'm sure it has to be playtested/balanced in some way.

You could give him shitty defenses and then instead of the Ghost version only triggering if fainting due to burn, any fainting will do it.
>>
fire/ice two headed dragon thing
>>
>>30749705
Why is mega altaria not on there
>>
>>30750303
It literally is
>>
>>30749705
how about a dark/fairy Spriggan with some kind of ability/move that has it grow giant and get its stats and weight changed?
>>
>>30750303
Never mind just saw it
>>
>>30749705
3 of them in one dungeon.
Electric/Poison: A Pikaclone who's actually malicious. Using cute appearance to lower awareness of it corrupting the data and OS's of anything it can get to. Corrat
Steel/Poison: A scientific vial objectmon that evolves into a fuming beaker (inverted) that appear like a missle an rocket. Vialent -> Berseaker.
Poison/Psychic: A mad doctor, possibly a two-stage mon. Basically chaotic-neutral potion maker that needs a strong trainer to discipline it. Madic -> Maladoc.
>>
It's just surprising we got Rock/Poision before we got a Bug/Dragon, or even Bug/Psychic

Why not have a mind control bug, kinda like a xenomorph facehugger that is known for taking over the minds of other pokemon?
Tell me this isn't gold Game Freak.
>>
>>30749705
How about reverse common type combinations like Rhyperior and Noivern? I like to see a Ground/Water Pokemon whose Ground is the primary typing.
>>
>>30751426
That's like saying "Why not 1 + 2 instead of 2 + 1?" The order doesn't matter
>>
>>30749705
i really want a bug/dark type
i think a lot of people (myself included) hoped the first mosquito or roach would be bug/dark but that hasn't happened yet
maybe theyre saving it for something good...
>>
>>30749705
No Psychic/Poison?

Grumpig has looked like a middle evolution since forever and needs a third stage. He's already purple, so make the third stage a Psychic/Poison.
>>
>>30749705
Electric and Fighting.
It could be a boxer-like Pokémon, with a wire headband, and with hands in the shape of a plug.
>>
Ice/Poison could be something to do with dry ice bombs
>>
>>30749705
>Not using full evolved lines because they come at a later gen
Why
>>
Fire/Ice - Galapagos penguin
>>
Normal/Ghost - Porygon3

please
>>
>>30749705
All Normal/Flying types should be retconned to pure Flying type.

All part Normal types should have their Normal type removed.
>>
>Ground/Fighting: mud fighter that forms and reforms
>Poison/Electroc: Pikaclone
>Rock/Ghost: Haunted skeleton of a fossil Pokemon
>Bug/Psychic: Mega Vespiquen
>>
For a Grass/Fire typing, how about a Muscaliet?
>>
If they don't make a Normal/Ghost sheet ghost Pokémon soon I'm gonna lose it.
>>
>>30749705
>fairy/dark
Genie

>rock/normal
Sabertooth tiger

>ground/fight
SuMo wrestler
>>
>>30749705
>Megas and Rotom forms are greyed out
>Alola forms aren't
This triggers my autism.
>>
>>30752198
One of the only good suggestions I've seen for FIre/Grass.
>>
>>30752260
They kind of did, bad news it's ghost/fairy
>>
>>30752186
>>Ground/Fighting: mud fighter that forms and reforms
inb4 furbait mudfighter poke
>>
>>30752186
>>Rock/Ghost: Haunted skeleton of a fossil Pokemon
wait, wasn't that golem poke from X/Y a rock/ghost? Or was he ground/ghost?
>>
>>30752357
Golurk is ground, because the mythological golem was made of clay.
>>
Ghost/Normal and Ghost/Rock are the ones I want the most.
>>
>Gamefreak is Japanese
>still no Ice/Fire Japanese macaque Pokémon
Gamefreak what are you doing
>>
>>30751543
Eh, designs tend to be weighted more towards the primary type. It doesn't hold true 100% of the time, of course, but, for example, most Ghost/X Pokémon tend to BE ghosts, while X/Ghost Pokémon tend more towards having ghostly elements. Sableye is Dark/Ghost, Spiritomb is Ghost/Dark.
>>
>Rock/Ghost
David Bowie
>>
>>30752490
>Implying not Fairy/Ghost
>>
>>30752500
>Implying that fag did ROCK music.
>>
>>30749871
>Dwayne Johnson
>anything but Rock
>>
>>30752544
thatsthejoke.jpg
>>
File: HNI_0073.jpg (64KB, 720x535px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0073.jpg
64KB, 720x535px
>>30752167
no fuck you and your shitty opinions
>>
>>30752665
I agree with him. I think if a pokemon is normal, it can't be anything else. Isn't that what normal is? It's normal, it just doesn't fit anything else. Why would Heliolisk be anything BUT pure electric? How is it normal?

Same for birds. They should be flying or part flying-part something else but normal.
>>
>>30749871
>Normal/Ghost
>classic white sheet ghost
End this meme!!!! It should be a skelington!
>>
>>30752713
Because

*Pokemon doesn't follow logic at all
*They want Normal to be an actually good type
*You are autistic
>>
>>30752713
it's mostly normal with a little kick added
>>
>>30752798
Adding Normal to any type makes it get stab on moves that aren't super effective to anything and make it weak to Fighting.

Part normal types shouldn't exist.
>>
>>30752846
and gives it an immunity to ghost
>>
>>30752298
What's flre?
>>
>>30752083
Normal/Ice - perhaps a prehistoric mammal with cryostasis/hibernation motifs, with an ability that makes it become Ice/ghost under a certain circumstance, like being in the snow or something (like it's going into cryostasis) to combat the 4x fighting weakness

Normal/Steel - ASIMO?

Normal/Poison - Unovan Linoone/another scavenger fox/tanuki pokemon

Poison/Steel - Alternate evo of Trubbish that's a dumpster and acts as a house for stray Trubbish

Fairy/Ground - gnome
>>
>>30752881
immune to ghost, but not dark, which is the exact same thing.

I just don't see how can a pokemon be normal/x. normal means it's normal, it's not water, it's not fire, etc. what's normal, then?
>>
I have a strong aversion against fire/grass fakemon based on hot peppers. It's just not very creative.

>>30752767
No, the first Ghost/Fighting should've been a Skeleton.
>>
Venonat/moth should have been Bug/Psychic
I know it has venom in its name but fuck it, Psyduck isn't Psychic
>>
>>30752990
wait I'm getting deja vu from this. this is going to go nowhere
>>
>>30753010
What about based coffee beans?
>>
Maybe a dark/fairy based off a redcap?
>>
>>30753127
*based on
>>
>>30749705
Mega Luxray would be an easy Electric/Dark
>>
>>30750003
>what is flame orb/focus sash
literally broken
>>
>>30753161
>Pokémon with "Light" in its name
>Dark-type
>>
>>30753184
>Implying Dark is referring to light and not morality. Literally Evil type.
"Muh Absol" there are always a few subverters.
>>
>>30752966
A failure to release the shift key in time.
>>
>>30753127
How would you incorporate the coffee theme into its design?

I always thought a burning bush would be neat, mostly based on the Dictamnus genus. A plant that produces a volatile oil. The gases are easily inflammable and it only takes a surrounding temperature of around 95°F.
>>
Normal/Ice - Arctic wolf or rabbit
Normal/Poison - Sloth (poisonous saliva; could be flavor for why it's slow) or skunk
Normal/Rock - Rockruff lol or armadillo
Normal/Ghost - some kind of mythical Pokémon
Normal/Steel - Armadillo would work here too
Grass/Fire - Pyrophyte - some kind of motherly humanoid plant that uses smoke from the fire it creates to help its babies grow
Fire/Ice - Comet
Fire/Fairy - Tapu Bulu oh wait um I dunno
Poison/Steel - humanoid liquid mercury thing
Poison/Fairy - a mushroom obviously

For Normal/Bug, I'd have its base form be a Normal type small rat, and then there would be some sort of parasite Bug type as well. The rat would evolve with the Bug type in the party, and the evolution would be a parasect type situation, with the rat just being a host body for the bug. It apparently is a thing that happens.
>>
>>30752990
Take bibarel for example, with other water pokemon you can clearly see that it's water type, but with bibarel it's not so visible that it's water type, but bibarel still has a connection with water so normal/water
>>
surprised there's no Electric/fighting type, it'll definitely be a future legendary or pseudo
>>
>>30753349
you can literally make it pure normal and no one would bat an eye.

normal/x just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>30753402
If it was pure normal it would be even more boring than it already is
>>
>>30752990
Also a secondary Normal typing was defined with Pyroar and Heliolisk, who are Normal because of their affinity for the special side of Normal typing: voice and speed.

Voice:
-Hyper Voice, Relic Song, Boomburst (body-produced sound)
-Pyroar, Jigglypuff, Meloetta

Speed:
-Swift, Razor Wind
-Heliolisk

This opens up more possibilities for dual Normal types that aren't just "normal animal with vague association with a type" like Bibarel.
>>
Normal / Ghost Bansheet when?
>>
>Ghost/Rock
What name should it have?
>>
Normal types tend to have very wide movepools, wider then most Pokémon. So adding a normal type does give them that.
>>
File: tombstone.jpg (43KB, 438x457px) Image search: [Google]
tombstone.jpg
43KB, 438x457px
>>30753581
Shit, forgot pic
>>
>>30750113
Vibrava is based on a doodlebug though.
>>
>>30753581
Cryptite -> Ghoulder
>>
>>30749845
>Yanmega should have been Bug/Dragon
Why would a dragonfly be a dragon type when they're from a game made in a country where there is no such association between dragons and dragonflies? Are you really that unable to think outside your own language?
>>
>>30753402
It's a Normal type that has more affinity with Water than with the other types of moves Normal types can usually use. Compare it's movepool with a pure Water mammal (Floatzel) and a pure Normal mammal (Lopunny) and you'll see the difference. Seriously, if you just thought about it for more than a second you wouldn't be having this issue.
>>
>>30753855
>implying the moveset comes before the typing.

I'm talking about what "normal type" means. Normal should be the type that pokemon who aren't birds/fire/water/electric/dragon/etc are.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 567x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 567x466px
Fire/Ice type Pokemon that will be revealed in July 2017
>>
>>30751577
A flea maybe?
>>
>>30752357
Golurk is gen 5 you rattata
>>
>>30753239
How is luxray evil? It's just a predatory cat.
>>
>>30753281
>fire/fairy
Tiki fire dancer
>>
>>30749705
Fairy/Fighting minotaur I don't care if we kinda have bulu
>>
Granbull shoulda been Fairy/Dark.
>>
>electirc fighting
It'd be cool but GF has made it clear that electric physical types will always be garbage
>>
>>30753608
Doomstone
>>
>>30749705
Fighting/Fairy dwarf anyone?
>>
>>30753608
cool, like the idea...
>>
>>30749705
Fire/grass
Like some kind of weed pokemon.
Smoking makes its speed lower and special stats increase.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.