[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The latest digimon game has hunger and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 020415_rabbit.jpg (159KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
020415_rabbit.jpg
159KB, 1024x768px
life spans (They die of old age).
What would happen to pokemon if it ever did the same?
>>
It totally goes against the mechanics and the attempts to future proof the game, it won't.
>>
>>30747886
>life spans (They die of old age).
Cancerous mechanic that makes me drop the game without hesitation.
>>
>>30747901
Obviously won't happen, speculate.
>>
>>30747973
Here's some speculation: This thread will die soon because it sucks.
>>
>>30747886
It won't happen. If a digimon dies, it will become an egg again with potentially new evolutions and such. If a pokemon dies, it's dead. Hence why it won't happen.
>>
>>30748065
That's an anime thing, digimon die and become dust
>>
>>30747886
only 2 good digimon games
Dawn & Dusk. So really 1 but 2 versions.
I'm pretty sure it has the most digimon as well.
>>
The dying mechanic absolutely sucks, it made me drop Re;Digitize pretty quickly because it was really boring, having to train my 'Mon all over again, start with a baby when I achieved an Ultra, seriously annoying. Now, it would be nice if they just go back to Digimon World 3, grinding aside, it was BEAUTIFUL.
>>
>>30747886
I don't think I would handle my Shiny Altaria(Goldy) dying. I caught it in the original Sapphire, and still have it. It was even a modest one(Not that i cared at the time) and I EV trained it in X/Y. Then ORAS gave it a fucking Mega, and in Sun I will be able to fix its IVs and make it 100% competitive worthy.

I would probably quit playing. That thing has been my Ace/Bromon since Pokemon Sapphire. It was present at all the ingame events which give ribbons, it faced off every Elite4 since then, faced Red, has a bunch of content ribbons.

I sounds pathetic, but it would probably sadden me to no end to see that mon die.
>>
>>30748374
That was a nice story to read anon. My first shiny (also in sapphire) was a Zigzagoon. He was on my copy of white when it was stolen. I miss him to this day. Treasure Goldy.
>>
I would like to play again Digimon world 1,2 and 3. What to do?
I've both a ps1 and ps3 but lost the original games
>>
>>30747886
They would need to make too many other things to go along with it. For example, characters aging. Pokemon being the only one to age makes no sense.

It would also be a problem if Legendaries, who you can't breed, died. And event exclusive Pokemon become useless. Ribbons become even more useless, because Pokemon won't even last long. They would need to drop the "Catch 'em all" thing completely, since it would be literally impossible.

There's also the question of whether they would age in Bank. I doubt it, because that would mean the living dex some people spent months to create would die. GF HQ would be burned down. Masuda would be lynched, while he screams "I didn't know".

Point it, they would never do this. Never.
>>
>>30748439
I'd say buy them
>>
>>30748088
Village of Beginnings has been part of the games for a long time and been present whenever a game involved generations.

Dying as a mechanic works for Digimon because the series was made to be tamagotchi that you could fight with. It adds a depth to the game that works completely different than Pokemon's breeding system. It is very archaic however and needs to be more streamlined.

A better way to do a similar thing is have Monster Rancher 3's Heart system, where a dead monster would leave an item that would pass off some of its stats to the next one you raised. The amount passed down is based off of how well your Monster was raised.

>>30748331
They die and become code that is sent to the Village of Beginnings in Digimon. Total deletion was exclusive to Tamers and the Digimon setting has enough universes that you can do it however you want.
>>
>>30747886
ow the edge
>>
>>30748439
Depends on your moral. You bought them once, so I'd call it safe to just download their .ISO from the internet and play them on the PC, otherwise, re-buy them.
>>
>>30748485
Wow, I'm tired that was not meant to be a response and I misread the posts. The fuck
>>
>>30748065
>i didnt play Digimon World 1
>i didnt play a v-pet
>i didnt play Digimon Word Redigitize
>I didnt play any of the digimon games than use a reborn system since the first titles
>>
>>30747886
Wasn't Digimon originally like Tamagotchi? They always had hunger and life span, the just got rid of it for the console games but are now putting it back in.
>>
>>30748529
They flip flop between keepign it in. The pure RPGs tend to be easier to get into for non-Digimon players, but then shit like the DS RPGs come and nobody is happy.

Except Lunamon. Lunamon is cute.
>>
>>30748529
Digimon have been using that system in most Digimon World games, like the ones for PSP. 3DS and now PS4, they also used it in the past for the original Digimon World in PSX, and some WonderSwan and Sega Saturn games

Is just than people in the west only now the Digimon Story games than use system similar to Pokemon
>>
>>30748561
Because DMW1 was released before internet walkthroughs were super common knowledge on the schoolyard and everyone would keep getting Numemon.

But DMW 2 had the awful level caps that required you to constantly Devolve and DNA Digivolve to raise the level caps to hit the next stage, and DMW 3 was Random Encounters every 4 steps. DS ones were like that too.

Then 4 turned into Gauntlet, and Digimon kind of died in the anime department and fell off the face of the earth.

Better than poor Monster Rancher though.
>>
>>30748171
I'm sorry but I have to call you a bait. It's not possible to get so many things wrong in such a short post if it's not on purpose.
>>
>>30748489
>real life is edgy
Hope your basement at least has AC
>>
File: 1374534226482.jpg (68KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1374534226482.jpg
68KB, 960x720px
I love me some wabbits. What a shame none of the rabbit Pokemon are cute.
>>
>>30747886
Next 0rder was so easy that you'd have to never feed or heal your digimon for them to ever die at an inconvenient time. And the next generation would always end up being game-breakingly more powerful than the previous gen.

There's no real way to work death as a mechanic in Pokemon without it being unappealing.
>>
>>30747886

Revolts because imagine if your shinies just died?
>>
>>30747886
Durability is already a cheap mechanic in regular RPGs but it's even worse with pokémon, since you're supposed to get attached to you pokémons.
Havong your bro die is not cool.
>>
Is there an English patched .cia of Re;Digitize anywhere? I've never played Digimon in my entire life.
>>
>>30747886
>the latest digimon game has hunger and life span
Digimon has had that since the very beginning. Daily reminder that Digimon started out as masculine tamagotchis.
>>
>>30750915
Re:Digitize for the PSP is already translated and the team is working on Decode but don't expect it to be released for another year or so

https://digimonworldre.wordpress.com
>>
It would be nice I think to see a Pokemon "age". Puka was like 20 years old and obviously, much older than Ash's Pikachu. You could see the wrinkles in it's face and I think it was bigger too.

It'd be cool if like certain Pokemon has age differences, like some Pokemon I think mention in the dex that they change as they get older, like Venusaur's flowers grow super huge. Maybe as a mechanic for Pokemon from older games, or ones from RBY.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.