[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you "play" the GTS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

How do you "play" the GTS?
>>
First you have to go to festival plaza and then press on the GTS in the center option in the bottom screen
>>
>>30743459
Very well, thanks for asking.
>>
That was only a thing in XY before pokebank showed up.
>>
>>30743459
You amass overrated stuff (Mimikyu, Johto starters) then use them to hideously trade up.
I got a Celesteela, a Dragonite, and a Zydofe from basic Totodile.
>>
File: Squirrel.png (4KB, 166x89px) Image search: [Google]
Squirrel.png
4KB, 166x89px
>>30743459
I once caught a fresh Azumarill from a river in Omega Ruby, put it on the GTS with the description "7 IV Pokerus" and almost immediately got a Zapdos for it
>>
>>30745154
That doesn't work anymore
>>
>>30745190
Damn, that was my greatest moment.
>>
>>30745154
Those were the days, you could catch any old Ditto and as long as you put "Is 6 IV" in the description you could get literally any Pokemon, no matter the rarity, in a matter of minutes. Too bad GF ended the fun
>>
Get a shiny then ask for whatever you want because there is always one autist out there desperate enough to do it.
>>
File: holyfuck.png (74KB, 285x282px) Image search: [Google]
holyfuck.png
74KB, 285x282px
>>30745241
Wow, I went with 7 IV to ensure that only idiots went for the trade, you went all in.
>>
>>30745296
I remember wondertrading a few boxes full of breedjects and inevitably getting 3 or 4 shit Dittos, then immediately flipping them for Legends off the GTS. Good times
>>
File: 1481234749305.png (248KB, 410x408px) Image search: [Google]
1481234749305.png
248KB, 410x408px
>tfw trading Vanillites for Zygardes
>>
Troll around the popular mons for rare ball combos (vulpix/bounsweet in love balls, chikorita in friend ball) and breed a bunch. Always select message as "This pokemon had great potential." Usually get a trade in 30 minutes to an hour. I tend to have more luck trading those for legendaries and UBs, then pick off the high level rare mons with those.
>>
Anyone know of any Poke that can regularly net UBs? I've been trading off Feebas and they work for any non-legend or UB Pokes but I just can't seem to get anyone to trade me a UB.
>>
>>30745440
Chansey's worked wonders for me
>>
>>30745429
You got any female Chikorita in a friend ball? I'd love to get one.
>>
>>30745440

Anything in a Love Ball. Not even kidding.
>>
>>30745154
I used to(and still do) put up gale wing fletchlings and got legendaries like crazy. I even got Arceus like that (I know it was hacked but still).

I hate that personal messages were removed
>>
>>30745500

Let me check. One sec.
>>
>>30745500

I gotcha, my dude. Throw something on gts and give me ign, mon, level
>>
>>30745551
Can I have one too?

IGN: Will
A-Meowth, Lvl. 1, Male
"I want to fill my Pokedex"
>>
>>30745635

Only have one female right now, but the males can pass down balls with a ditto. That cool?
>>
>>30745656
No problem, I'll take it. Thank you very much anon
>>
>>30745551
I hope this works. I'm a bit new to this.
IGN-Danger Dan
Gothita LVL1
"I want to trade for a pkmn that's strong"
>>
File: 20161212_225003.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161212_225003.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>30745670
Fuck me to tears. Literally cut out as I was getting your Meowth. Gonna try and restart to see if this gets fixed. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>30745765
Damn, that sucks hard. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, I'm thankful all the same anon
>>
>>30745695
Oh....sorry. Changing my mon to a level 16 Fletchling because my Gothita got taken.
Message same as before.
>>
File: 1455790156296.png (481KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
1455790156296.png
481KB, 600x505px
Someone put up a shiny golurk asking for a shiny gliscor
I just gave the nigga a Giscor
what did he think would happen?
>>
>>30745830
fucking kek
>>
>>30745830
That's rape in some countries.
>>
>>30745830
i do that all the time along with Everstone on Haunter & kadabra along with the trade evo's
>>
>>30745271
I saw a shiny zubat listed and wanted a Tapu Bulu and traded some asshat a barboach for his Bulu. I blessed that dude with a Bulu for that Green Bat. Don't even know where it is in my pc
>>
breeding a bunch of cyndaquils has really helped me fill up my dex
>>
Jangmo-o for lunala. Trade lunala for whatever you want. Rinse and repeat
>>
Why isn't there a search by what Pokémon people want option?
Like if you have a heap of bred Popplio or something, you can search the GTS for people who want Popplio.
>>
>mfw half a box of Buzzwole and counting
>>
people would trade anything for my dhelmise/mareanies within seconds

that's how I got shiny charm
>>
1. Get a gen 4 game
2. RNG your TID/SID for the cute charm glitch
3. Catch a bunch of random shinies
4. Transfer them up
5. Deposit in GTS
???
7. Profit
>>
File: Smiling Lucario.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Lucario.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Lucario nets you just about anything. Finished off my pokedex by catching wild rioulu, pumping them full of friend berries and leveling them up for legit looking Lv. 50+ Lucario. Got all the Sun ultra beasts, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Lunala, Solgaleo and another Celesteela for shits and giggles.
>>
I traded my Kadabra to Celesteela
rate
>>
>>30743459
It's useful if you know what kids are asking for. If you are willing to breed a Deino and grind it into a Herdier, you can get things like a Cosmog or a Type: Null if you're working on a living dex.
>>
>>30747605
I meant Hydreigon, how did I screw that one up?
>>
>>30747421
i did this, works great
>>
>>30746015
You do realize that the person is just going to put your trade evo mon back on the GTS and most likely get someone who will do it correctly for them within minutes, right? Btw, If that was you that did that about three weeks ago, thanks for the free everstone.
>>
>>30746700
I'm trying to complete the Pokedex and need a Buzzwole. Nobody will trade for one of my Pheramosas. Feels bad man
>>
>>30747421
The way I did it in gen 6 was that I cloned my Kyogre using the Emerald glitch and transferred them all over to complete my living dex.
>>
File: 14816224716261577471940.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
14816224716261577471940.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I Want Ditto 6IVs Jolly Japanese with Destiny Knot.

Deposit: (Yungoos) Female Lv.9
Ball: UltraBall
Message: "This is a Pokemon that i raised so that it will do great in battles."

Thanks!!!
>>
>>30747681
I saw someone that was doing that with a very badly hacked shiny Kyogre. The Kyogre had negative experience to the next level.
>>
>>30747688
what
>>
>>30747665
You need to trade a celesteela for Buzzwole

Sun gets 2 buzzwole and 4 kartana
Moon gets 4 pherosma and 2 celesteela
>>
>>30747769
Top kek. I wonder how those cloned Kyogre are doing right now though. It would be nice to have some sort of tracking feature so that you can somehow check in on the Pokemon you traded over.
>>
>>30747665
You get four pheromosas and only two buzzwoles. The non-jew trade is kartana <-> pheromosa and buzzwole <-> celesteela.

I tried trading kartana to celesteela but nobody will bite.

Do people value snow warning vulpix?
>>
I breed 5-6 IV Chansey in Luxury balls, 12 at a time, put them in the pelago steam baths and wait till the next day, level them up once to evolve to Blissey, and trade for anything I want.

So far today I got 6 Zygarde.. Already completed the dex and don't know what to ask for any more - but still have a box full of Blisseys!
>>
Vanillish/vanillite can and will get you everything you need
>>
>>30749107
I've heard this a lot. Why are they so popular?
>>
>>30743459
I bred lapras and completed my dex trading up
>>
>>30749329

Because obtaining one is a fucking miserable experience that requires struggling with mantaining hail up and hoping for the abysmally low chance of vanillish showing up.

Castform is also like that, times a billion.
>>
Heavy ball beldum
Moon ball mareanie
Moon ball vulpix

All of those are smashing the GTS for me
>>
I'm using Scythers holding metal coat to get everything I need. Not even good ones, one was modest with swarm and it netted me a Cosmog.
>>
You didn't hear this from me, but...

Step 1: Obtain a popular Pokemon in an apricot ball via good luck and/or timing.
Step 2: Breed it.
Step 3: Request Kingdra/Weavile/Slowking/Porygon Z/etc.
Step 4: Trade Pokemon obtained in Step 3 for Legendary/one-per-file Pokemon.

It's that easy. In the last hour I got a Kingdra and Porygon2 for a friend ball Pichu and moon ball Eevee.
>>
I'm going with Love Ball Corsolas bred up to 5IV. Worked so far, but with a sample size of 1, that's not saying much.
>>
>>30749579
.....And, considering I got a Cosmog directly for one, yeah, I think I hit some gold. Maybe I can get whatever I like.
>>
are Beast Ball 5IV starters a good way to get UBs/Legends?
>>
>>30745440
I got Celesteela and Pheromosa for Lapras, but it seems like that gravy train has stopped.
>>
I've been trading Beast Ball Dratinis for Type: Null for 2 days. Just got to the third island after oppressing my data from the first playthrough.
>>
Alright. I'm going for it. I'm aiming straight for the top and seeing if someone will actually send a Necrozma.
>>
>>30750188
>meme ball

get an apricot starter

one that matches
>>
>>30745440
>>30750252
I was trading oranguru and passimian consitantly for UBs but I think that train has stopped too. Specifically version specific UBs of the opposite games of them.
>>
>>30747661
>thanks for the free everstone

you're salty
>>
>>30749393
I wanted to use a Vanilluxe for my main team so trying to get one with snow cloak instead of snow body was a very painful experience.
At least it made it easy to get most things off the GTS by breeding it for more Vanillites
>>
Anyone else get kicked off the GTS due to some server error?
>>
>>30750933
I got a Necromancer for an incineroar yssterday
>>
>>30749462
Do you have an extra Beldum, I have BBs but I think they're slowing down.
>>
>>30749107
This better work.

>>30749393
At the midpoint area of the mountain path prior to the championship, it hails at night persistently so you can focus on the SOS process, which is how I just caught one. Now I'm breeding them for trades.
>>
Unfortunately, I think I asked for just a bit much, even if it was a male Corsola...
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.