[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's the Small Things...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: pokemon-battle.png (235KB, 698x289px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-battle.png
235KB, 698x289px
So what are some small changes that you've really really appreciated in Sun/Moon?
Not the big stuff that like pokemon and leveling abilities, but the small stuff that you may or may not think of as grand, but really really appreciate and enjoy.
My list:

1. Logging into the PC puts you directly into the interface to switch mon's from your party to the box. No need to declare what PC you want to access...then declare if you're depositing or withdrawing bullshit. We all go to the PC for 1 freaking reason.

2. Pokemon Amie/Refresh streamlined. No need for the extra games and BS, just rub the pokemon, feed 'em and they love you back. Much better.

3. Probably my favorite change is that ability to see what items a pokemon is holding right from the summary menu. Just tap X and you get every pokemon's held item. no more digging and plus you can swap items from there instead of having to guess or remember if you had given someone an item, only to find out he didn't have it...

What about you guys, small minor changes that make the game work for you?
>>
>>30742726
At the tip of my tongue
>Single button press move learning cancel
>Pokemon grow berries for you
>>
>>30742726
I kinda think it's neat you can set a few teams in the PC too.
>>
>being able to switch out Pokémon from your team when you catch one with a party of 6
>>
im gonna blow your mind.

if you tap and hold on the touchscreen, you can rearrange the order of the icons.

still cant beat the bottom screen thing from gen 4 tho
>>
>>30742726
The PC
Automatic refresh after a battle. I never cared about that in XY and ORAS but now i have my party all in 5 hearths
The Hm replace

>Single button press move learning cancel >>30742813
This
>>
>>30742886
This. Also being able to see the summary of the pokemon you catch before sending them to the box.
>>30742897
That's been a thing since X/Y
>>
All of the most tedious and mundane shit in pokemon like growing berries, EV training and even item hunting has been centralized to poke pelago and can be accessed literally anytime, anyplace. No need to travel across the map to get there.

Isle evelup is definitely the best (which I just got today is a pun on EV: isle EV-elup) because not only does it take the tedium of EV training out of the equation, but you can also EV train AND level up in mass with up to 3 groups of six all working on different things.
>>
>>30743036
>isle EV-elup

Not it isn't. Clearly a pun on "I level up"
>>
>>30742726
>No need for the extra games
But I liked the games, especially the picture puzzle one...

Also they Refresh screwed up the scrolling through the treat list. I mean, it was a pain in the ass in Amie (why can't we just use BUTTONS?!), but its extra anal about whether your swipe will or won't work.
>>
>>30743036
>not only does it take the tedium of EV training
But it was already perfect in ORAS and to a lesser extent XY.

Less than 30 min. to EV train >>>>>>>> 15+ hours to EV train
>>
>>30743141
>Refresh screwed up the scrolling through the treat list
So, it also happened to other people too. I thought it was my screen protectors or the screen fucking up.
>>
File: 1463187780204.jpg (544KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1463187780204.jpg
544KB, 1200x1200px
>>30742886
Fuck yes, I forgot about that one. This is such a time saver...
>>
>>30743188
>I thought it was my screen protectors or the screen fucking up.
I don't have screen protectors so yep, its completely screwed.
>>
>>30742726
>>30743036
>>30742933
>>30742897
Man!
I'm gonna miss all this when the remake and next gen comes out!
You know they're going to scrap all this ease of use shit just to piss us off.
>>
>>30743380
Amie/Refresh seems like a mainstay, 2 gens and it hasn't been dropped yet. Other small mechanics like switching team after catching a new pokemon and shortcuts may stay. Pokepelago is gonna go though, and so are rides. But if Masuda stops directing, who knows.
>>
>>30743380
I wish Nintendo wouldn't go full switch.
>>
I miss having a non-intrusive pokedex. stfu Rotom. I'm going to check out the new pokemon I just caught whether you wanted me to or not. Time to mute the volume so I don't have its fucking cry burned into my brain.
>>
the one thing I don't like is you can't see the summary prior to nicknaming
how the fug am I supposed to know what to name my newly hatched mon if I don't know the gender!
>>
>>30744751
Does't the nickname page show you the gender of the Pokemon?
>>
>>30744795
It does. Not sure why the other anon didn't notice
>>
I'm going to blow ALL of your minds.

Go to Zygarde, Solgaleo, Lunala, or Magearna's Pokedex entries. I say them specifically because they're Legendaries and have a golden border around them, as well as a shiny holographic effect behind them.

Then move your 3DS. You'll see the holographic effect move as if you were holding a holographic Pokemon card and moving it around.
>>
>>30742726
I always choose organize box. It's soooo much quicker that going to Deposit then withdraw.
>>
File: EXTREME_QPU_MISALIGNMENT.png (639KB, 1324x992px) Image search: [Google]
EXTREME_QPU_MISALIGNMENT.png
639KB, 1324x992px
>>30746405
holy fuck
>>
>>30742726
>2. Pokemon Amie/Refresh streamlined. No need for the extra games and BS, just rub the pokemon, feed 'em and they love you back. Much better.

Fuck off the minigames were a big part of why amie was fun in the first place. Getting rid of them is pure laziness
>>
>>30742726
> Streamline most everything
> Okay, cool
> Ruin the nice and simple online feature from Gen VI with a cluttered as fuck and confusing Festival Plaza
Holy shit who thought that thing was a good idea
>>
File: 1478692272132.jpg (75KB, 260x307px) Image search: [Google]
1478692272132.jpg
75KB, 260x307px
>>30746405
I NEVER NOTICED!
>>
>>30743187
You still get quick ev training with SOS battles. Pelago means you can keep ev training your pokemon in bulk while you're doing something else (school, work, other games, etc.)
>>
>>30746622
Doesnt help to get to the point where you can get easy SOS training is locked behind the near impossible battle tree.
>>
>>30742886
This is fucking huge, but if we're talking about REALLY little things....
>when you land a Sucker Punch, the opponent Pokémon goes to attack in the middle of your attack animation only to be smacked
This shit is awesome.
>>
File: 1476771741805.png (361KB, 684x509px) Image search: [Google]
1476771741805.png
361KB, 684x509px
>>30746405
Now I've seen it all!
>>
Y for party switch
Y for pokeball

i'm still getting into the habit of using the shortcuts, i default to doing the long way really rapidly because of how many years previous experience, but they're really helpful once i retrain myself.

also being able preview the pokemon you just caught and to choose which pokemon to send to PC.

also press A to open door. no more awkward and frustrating forced door transitions because you stumbled too close to the hitbox.
>>
>>30746405
I hate this because it reminds me of Shitter Star.
>>
The pokedex allows you to move around the 3D models of pokemon and see animations and pause them. Being an artist, this is a really nice feature that allows me to get refrence when drawing new pokemon.
>>
>>30746966
You could do that in XY and ORAS too, only there you could do it from below too which was the easiest way to see footprints after they removed them from the Pokedex.
>>
>>30746642
>catch mimikyu
>teach it SD

wew
>>
No one has mentioned the pressing a to enter a building, I honestly believe it's such an innovation, because I always accidentally walked into a building that I didn't want to enter.
>>
>>30742886
Also it asks if you want to put itemit holds away!
>>
>>30746899
You can throw the bal pressing Y twice.
>>
You can't throw away items. If you want to get rid of them, you have to sell them.
>>
>>30746989
sage for feet
gb2/d/
>>
Gf's probably gonna drop most of the things in this post to make sure the previous gens feel "unique".
>>
I've got one: Fishing.

Now I know it seems like a step back because you can't fish on literally any patch of water now, but really, did that ever make sense? You can't fish in a puddle.

The best thing about this is that rare Pokemon and items with a 1% chance to appear now go up to 5-10% at those bubbling fishing spots. They disappear after one encounter, but guess what? Whoever's job it was to put them in the game - conveniently put almost every single one near a door or a zone line to reset it. So if you know what you're looking for, there's an automatic way to boost your chances.
>>
>>30747460
Fishing should become Minigame.
More time but better prizes.
>>
>>30746642
what ?
>>
>>30742886
My favorite part of the new box mechanic is that you can check the stats of the dude you caught before making a decision too.
>>
>>30742726
From the top of my head
>being able to view stat/field changes
>prompts in online battles actually showing you useful shit instead of useless trivia like the opponents nationality
>Poke Balls being thrown during the battle (this irked me so fucking hard in XY, what's the point of balltism if you can't even show it off)
>apricorn balls obtainable in-game
>game asking you if you want to put a newly caught Pokemon in your party
>being able to view the summary screen of a newly caught Pokemon
>game asking you if you want to put the hold item of a Pokemon being sent to the PC into your bag
>>
>>30744620
>not already having every Pokemon cry permanently burned into your brain
Back to plebbit casual scum
>>
>>30746405
I like Lunala's wings becaus they're partially holographic and not a matte texture like on most other Pokemon.
>>
>>30747491
They tried that in RSE, most people hated it.
>>
File: 1474836325159.jpg (29KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
1474836325159.jpg
29KB, 550x397px
>All these improvements
>Still no reliable way to level a pokemon to lv100
>>
>>30746642
If you're bad enough that you struggle at battle tree then ev training won't help you. You need to learn how to actually play first
>>
Here's one I didn't enjoy
Why the fuck can you not exit out of the pokedex with a single button press anymore?
>Location Zoom -> Area -> Dex Entry -> Dex Page -> Dex Menu -> Closed
5 B presses with a 1/2 second buffer between each. Fuck me.
>>
>>30748258
I miss that one as well. And flying to (all) routes.
>>
>>30748111
I mean literal fishing game with upgrades, feeding and shit.
>>
>>30748283
I might fish for pokemon even less then
>>
it's too hard for me to talk about the good things I appreciated because they still could have done better with the little things.

Like fly, it was nice not having to teach an HM but why the long cutscene to get on and off it?

Rotom dex was actually kinda useful, if the map wasn't down there I would have never opened it. However again, why was fly not accessible from just clicking down there. It also could have had more functions, like displaying team so you can change items and see natures without having to take 10 seconds to go to the party menu.

Honestly, I loved the game a lot but holy shit the loading times, the awful menus.

I loved the customization, but can we have a better face? Change of eye shape? Anything?

>>30746405
knew this, idk how people didn't notice.

But yeah, all in all it's my favourite pokemon game now, but I know they can do better.

Also fuck man when are we just going to be able to see the IV judge and HP type on the summary? Another Rotom Dex upgrade possibility.
>>
>>30748387
I understand you didnt mean to come off as such a shitty person but damn anon. just say thank you and move on
>>
>>30746665
Or how Nasty Plot has the Pokemon moving after coming up with the "plan" as if it was giggling to himself.
>>
Not really specific to SM but I love the little details given to some Pokemon in refresh. Like how Guzzlord eats the food in one gulp.
>>
How you can lay on every single bed in the game and they each have dialog describing them.
I missing sitting though.
>>
>>30748538
Whenever I feel like sitting and don't want to beat the pokemon league I just go to the team skull mansion
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.