[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle of Alola Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/200e0ae6-bd5b-4ca9-8508-ceb361153306

>WHAT IS IT?

The first official live competition for Sun and Moon. The Battle of Alola uses a bring-6-pick-3 single battle format with no items allowed. Only Pokémon within the Alola dex are eligible to enter, with the exception of Ash-Greninja. Players may use a maximum of 1 special Pokémon in their battle team (Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna).

>WHEN IS IT?

The sign up period ends Thursday December 15th at 23:59 UTC. The competition takes place from Friday December 16th at 00:00 UTC and extends to Sunday December 18th at 23:59 UTC. Win as much as you can during the time frame in an attempt to reach the top of the leader board.

>IS IT WORTH MY TIME?

All players who complete at least 3 matches receive the participation gift of 50 BP.

>WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Post teams, R8, H8, masturb8, talk strategy, shitpost, whatever man.
>>
Just throwing something together for my team since I haven't finished my comp breeding.
Magearna, Mimikyu, and Nihilego are the ones I currently have ready for competition, and I'll probably just use my Incineroar, Tsareena, and Mudsdale from my story run as others since I likely won't have any of my other comps ready.
>>
File: oricorio-sensu.png (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
oricorio-sensu.png
122KB, 500x500px
>>30741383
Mimikyu seems like a pretty risky bet to me. Both Lunala and Solgaleo can OHKO it through Disguise, and most of its power comes from its unique ability to abuse the piss out of its hold item to get a lot of momentum or setup going, which you don't get to have.

I've got a couple more slots to fill in my team, but I should be able to do it provided I avoid trying to stuff more leggos/UBs into it.
>>
>>30741219
Whats the one on the left of the pic? CEO never got a crossride
>>
After doing some preliminary research, Lunala is a fucking pain in the ass and you should probably prepare for it.
>>
>>30741533
I'm not really worried about performance. I just want the 50 BP. Besides, the Mimikyu is just because I wanna represent my favorite Gen 7 mon.
>>
>>30741219
so what's the generic meme team? Pheremosa/Lunala/Filler for Moonfags and staying home and not competing for sunfags?

>tfw sunfag
;~;
>>
>>30741801
Replace Filler with Celesteela and you got a good idea.
>>
I think I'm gonna enter just for fun and for those BPs. But I don't have enough breedmon. Any reccommend?
>>
>>30741966
Merciless Toxapex with Black Sledge is pretty good.
>>
>>30741219
>50 BP is the only reward
>metagame will be power construct zygarde + 2 pseudos spam
>no items
Call me when they make an actual tourney
>>
>>30742076
I wish they would do a tourney where Legendaries and UBs are banned.
>>
>>30742076
You can win 50 BPs just for doing three battles.
>>
running lunala, clefable, buzzwole, top kek, grass type Silvally and Super Kami Guru.
>>
is there anything that can 1hko 100% Zygarde without using an item?
>>
>>30742126
oh wait no items

what a retarded rule. they should have just banned Megas.
>>
>>30741724
Yeah she did. 3 years ago in Set 9.
http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Goddess_of_the_Sun,_Amaterasu
>>
>>30742114
They might ban legendaries but there's no way in hell that UBs are getting the hammer.
>>30742122
I don't give a fuck about BP I'm drowning in it from doing Super Singles.
>>30742169
Icium-Z was a good way of handling it but as you know there's a no held items clause for some stupid reason
>battle of alola
>z-moves are unavailable
To anyone actually doing this: Have fun with the Rest + Sleep Talk Zygarde sets.
>>
>>30742169
+1 Lunala Ice Beam OHKOs 50% Zygarde without giving it a chance to form change. No investment required, even against the specially defensive version.

252 Bold Lunala also reduces 252 Adamant Zygarde's Crunch to a 3HKO provided it doesn't proc a crit or defense drop.
>>
>>30741219
Why is kitten the best starter and why is everyone who disagrees so wrong
>>
>>30742242
isn't bold lunala a meme? how does it even work? like a bold clefable? Just Def and HP EV investments?
>>
>>30742242
>252 Bold Lunala also reduces 252 Adamant Zygarde's Crunch to a 3HKO provided it doesn't proc a crit or defense drop.
More like 2HKO. If you're actually taking this seriously you need to run hazards to chip off Lunala's Shadow Shield.
>>
>>30742296
I've got it clocked in at 220hp/252def/24spatk/4spd/4spe. Sadly it doesn't matter where you put the last 4 points; they're not doing anything of value.
>>
>>30742312
Lunala is going to be thrown in as the lead most of the time against any team with prospective sneaky pebbles. If not answered immediately it's going to be a huge problem.
>>
File: sonic.jpg (99KB, 529x660px) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
99KB, 529x660px
>>30742476
Well that sucks, I was going to do a fun Aurora Veil Hail team but it seems like everybody wants to abuse legendaries.
>>
>>30742518
A-Muk is a fairly safe answer to Lunala, consider that
>>
>>30742476
>Spinarak used Pin Missile!
was that so hard?
>>
>>30742617
you mean

>diglett used sucker punch
>>
>>30742712
hello plebbit
>>
>>30742663
It's gonna take a Weavile Beat Up or some shit to have any prayer of a OHKO.
>>
>>30742916
It's 3v3 though, not a full beat up
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.