[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: 1.jpg (138KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
138KB, 1280x1024px
Let's have a PMD thread.
I think it was 10 years ago that I first started playing Blue Rescue Team.
>>
I hope a sun and moon MD comes out soon

ultra beast storyline will be hype
>>
>>30741133
Sky is one of the best Pokemon games, period.

Super is cool but I can't stand it being able to recruit my enemies in dungeons and some of the later story railroading makes it extremely hard to keep your levels consistent.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 1280x600px
>>
>>30741187
Sky was way too good.They couldnt recover from it.Everything after doesnt even come close in terms of story telling.
I absolutely adored that game.
>>
Yep.
>>
File: 1475888230874.png (171KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475888230874.png
171KB, 600x600px
What's the most fun Sky MC/partner combo? I want to play through it after only beating Time.

I heard Phanpy is shit.
>>
>>30741678
Use custom starters
>>
Hey so here's the gayest request ever;
I remember there being a pmd rp discord link around. Anyone have it? Slightly interested.
>>
>>30741162
>UB's communicate in unstranslated moonrunes
>>
>>30741133

I don't know shit about Mystery Dungeon games and now I have Explorers of Time. Anything I should know?
>>
>>30742177
Not Sky?
Nothing in particular anyway, just play it.
>>
Do you guys use the same starter combo for each game or switch it up?
>>
>>30742252
Switch it.
>>
Have you guys seen the latest stuff?
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/31407-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-2-psy_commandos-tools-and-research-notes/?page=20
>>
>>30742252
>>30742311
I didn't buy it so...
>>
>>30742631
this post here >>30742311 was meant for >>30742266
>>
File: unburden+quick striker.png (22KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
unburden+quick striker.png
22KB, 256x192px
Reminder to beware of balloons.
>>
File: cherish your special doggo.png (15KB, 559x560px) Image search: [Google]
cherish your special doggo.png
15KB, 559x560px
>>
I'm absolutely RECKONING this thread right now
>>
>>30741678
Have totodile as your partner

Totodile is an expressive dork it's the best
>>
File: Explorers of Woops__5541.png (20KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Explorers of Woops__5541.png
20KB, 256x384px
modded starters are the way to go
>>
>>30741133
>Ultrabeasts and Wormholes
>Character is a human 'Faller' that turned into a pokemon, no memories, the usual
>Wormholes causing mystery Dungeons
>Ultrabeasts running rampant
>Pokemon adventuring guild turned Ultra-beast reactionary thing
>Similar set up as Explorers:Sky
>Big twist is that people find out you're from a wormhole, and some people turn on you.
>Maybe Cosmog is a character that your characters found and take care of over the story
>Big twist you're actually a human that worked to force Cosmog to open up wormholes, Aether Foundation style. Cosmog is young and naive, so wants to think you'll be a better person like this. There is another Employee you worked with who also turned pokemon and wants to recatch and kill/hurt cosmog to open up more wormholes back to home

I mean, i'd play it.
>>
>>30741678
I used Phanpy and can confirm "no moves: the mon". I was stuck with Flail all game as my main damaging move. During the postgame your partner will likely end up levels ahead.
>>
What makes PMD2 so good? What, exactly, makes the story better than 1 or 3 or Super?
>>
>>30744062
>using Phanpy+Eevee partner once
>then did Mudkip+skitty

What a fucking disaster. Mudkip has no moves
>>
>>30742266
>Blue (first time):
Mudkip and Bulbasaur
>Time (first time):
Squirtle and Turtwig
>Sky (first time):
Shinx and Meowth
>Infinity
Snivy and Axew
>Super
Treecko and Mudkip

I've replayed the DS titles a fuckton of times tho
>>
>>30743989
>you aren't the chosen one
>ties to SM
I like it
>>
>>30744170
>Mudkip has no moves
Level-up wise this is true, but it does get good TMs, so it's far from Phanpy-tier
>>
>>30744277
That just leaves you praying for a good tm to be sold/found, and i didn't find any outside of Ice Beam
>>
>>30743989
The protagonist being evil before losing his memories would actually be a fun twist.
>>
>>30744439
Maybe not explicitly evil, but perhaps still had a hand in it. Not like a Lilly, but more like one of the Scientists who realized Cosmog was hurting, but wasn't able to do much.

You know, Cog in the machine.

The other Human-Pokemon plays sort of the part of Gengar/Dusknoire/Grovyle hybrid in that regard. They're the same, but retained memories, and actively hates Cosmog, hates being a pokemon, and just trying to play nice so he can get back home. This other person probably gets a scene later on in the story, near the climax, where the poor guy is breaking down and cursing everyone out, and how he just wants to go home.
>>
>go on the original pokemon center site
>mystery dungeon preorder bundle
>got a ds lite, blue rescue team, official strategy guide, and squirtle plush wearing an ascot
>$70
>>
File: 59751770_p0.png (1MB, 2000x1900px) Image search: [Google]
59751770_p0.png
1MB, 2000x1900px
Wanna connect together?
>>
>>30743989
I think you're onto something!
>>
>>30744957
This stuff writes itself

Too bad we may never get bottled lightning again like with PMD2. This plotline implies the character could have been older, which might alienate some kids, and after all, this is a kids game.
>>
File: 585_Deerling_Autumn_BW.png (126KB, 687x1100px) Image search: [Google]
585_Deerling_Autumn_BW.png
126KB, 687x1100px
I hope they bring back nicknaming and also bring back Gates's system of being able to play as your "B Team" while your main team is out on a mission.
>>
File: 674Pancham_Dream.png (34KB, 174x241px) Image search: [Google]
674Pancham_Dream.png
34KB, 174x241px
>>30745194
I would bully that Deerling
>>
File: tumblr_nq4n27SShN1rpgpivo1_500.png (201KB, 438x221px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq4n27SShN1rpgpivo1_500.png
201KB, 438x221px
>>30745313
Fuck off, Pancham. Leave the other kids alone.
>>
>>30745017
I suggest making a scenario where the age is ambiguous enough for headcanoning.
Or make a scenario where there are hard times and almost every pokemon, even the young and the old, must contribute in some sort of way.
For example, the climate has become unfavorable and a famine is in effect. Your partner, who's age is relatively ambiguous, has moved from his/her dust bowl of a town to seek work in more stable civilizations where (s)he is trying to find work. His/her fellow migrants are made up of both adults and children, and while a lot of the children are 12ish, some are as young as 8ish (the numbers are relative to human years).
>>
>>30744439
>>30744215

>Chosen one

If I recall, wasn't PMD2 not 'chosen one' stuff? Sure, the PMD2 protag had the Scream, but they weren't CHOSEN BY THE DEITIES, they were just working to fix time, and got split up from Grovyle
>>
Anyone know a place where I can get the Rescue Team soundtrack? I like a lot of the original themes, but finding good videos to rip off of YouTube is a fucking pain with how bad most are.
>>
Which PMD game you think had the best postgame? (excluding the plot, like Darkrai in sky etc.)
For me it has to be Gates. Maybe you couldn't recruit the legendaries, but hell, building the paradise was so much fun.
>>
>>30746856
Sky if only for the fact my postgame was writing guides to help people
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.