[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /vp/ feel about the guardian deities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

File: 1477955095258.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477955095258.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
How does /vp/ feel about the guardian deities?
>>
I want to fuck them
>>
Meme legendaries. Tapu Koko is the most reddit legendary yet.
>>
meta ruining cancer
>>
>>30741122
This.
>>
>>30741122
what does that even mean?
>>
>>30741096
Interesting concept, I kind of wanted them to be able to stack up and form some sort Mega fug tier Pokemon. Also Tapu Bulu is the worst in battles.
>>
>>30741096
They actually have personality, horrible that that they were, instead of "all-mighty personification of xx". Remind me of greek deity.
>>
Pretty good. I really like Koko and Bulu. Lele is pretty cool too. I think Fini's design is pretty ugly though, with how weird its face is shaped with the nose. Also the "hands" seem really weird for it, too. Not a fan of Fini 2bh.
>>
Best designed legendary group since gen 2
Maybe a bit of a shame they're postgame though. Assuming they are, I never checked before.
>>
>>30741096
Easily my favourite group of legendaries. I love the lore behind them and that they're more selfish and apathetic as guardian deities and fairy types, being more reminiscent of the Fair Folk than most fairy types.
Also I want to fuck Tapu Koko
>>
I want to be in a relationship with that clam!
>>
>>30741244
>Also I want to fuck Tapu Koko
Benis or bagina?
>>
>>30741096
I'd fuck tapu lele
>>
>>30741244
I like this too. They don't really want to protect Alola, they just want to do whatever the fuck they want. Probably why they choose Kahunas, to take care of the islands for them. And when something does threaten the islands, they show up just so they can get some sick ass fighting in. It's a nice change to see legendary pokemon that have personality, and care more about themselves rather than the whole.
>>
i want koko and bulu to spitroast me.
>>
At least needed a small cutscene of all of them dealing with the UBs. They were all nice, but outside of Koko, you practically never see them until the post-game.
>>
>>30741096
I thought the concept was interesting at first, but I see them so often now on Battle Spot that they're starting to get annoying.
>>
They're cunts.
>>
>>30741096
It's the first set of legendaries I don't loathe and they're not totally over designed. They have a cool theme.
>>
I didnt expect Tapu Fini to be the lesser of the 4, competitively that is. Also the hardest to get, I said 'fuck it' and used the master ball.
>>
>>30741184
Tapu Koko for being the pokemon equivalent of Kratos is a bro
>>
>>30741444
I would have liked to see the four clash with their individual UB opponents, but not the outright battles, since it leaves something to the imagination. Would have been cool to see a lot of battle scars across the landscape though.
>>
>>30741140
It means he's an edgy contrarian that dislikes them because they're popular, so he resorts to meaningless buzzwords to deride the opinions of others.
>>
>>30741096
I like all of them except Bulu. I really like Koko and absolutely adore lele. I have not gravitated as much to Fini a I thought I would but I do like it.
>>
Competitively cancer but their designs and lore are good unlike the genies
>>
>>30741122
>Trying this hard to fit in
>>
File: 1472877061877.jpg (53KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1472877061877.jpg
53KB, 500x377px
Second coming of Genies.
Very annoying to see them given a pass from time to time because people want to put their dick in them.
>>
>>30741096
can someone explain why these things are fairies but the Sinnoh lake trio is pure psychic
>>
>>30741616
because you don't get to retcon legendaries
>>
>>30741096
Tapu Koko is the only one with a good design. I could live without the others.
>>
>>30741541
Koko's more an equivalent to Goku than Kratos.
>>
>>30741616
They're fairy tales.
>>
>>30741616
Because two reasons
A) Fairy didn't exist in Gen 4, and they didn't want to retype legendaries.
B) The fairy aspect comes from them being guardian spirits. The Lake Trio just taught.
>>
don't forget to vote for your favourite
>>30741486
>>
Bulu and Fini are my favorites but I love Koko and Lele too. Overall, I like them all.
>>
>>30741616
The Lake Trio is linked to aspects of mind, so psychic
Aside from their appearance they don't have any fairy characteristics or behavior
>>
>>30741704
please explain what fairy characteristics and behavior are

as far as i can tell the tapus are just huge assholes that would rather be dark, whereas things like granbull and azumarill have no business being fairy
>>
>>30741616
The lake trio are literal embodiments of different aspects of the mind. It wouldn't make sense for them to be anything BUT pure psychic.
>>
File: 1471232509633.png (17KB, 492x317px) Image search: [Google]
1471232509633.png
17KB, 492x317px
>>30741668
>Celebi is guardian of time and of forests
>Grass/Psychic
>Bulu is guardian of being an autistic sperglord
>Grass/Fairy
>>
Legit think they're the most well done sub legendaries in the series
>>
>>30741739
being pranksters, curious, cunts that like to play with humans and end killing them by accident, that kind of thing
>>
>>30741096
Tapu Koko is bro tier
The rest are alright
What the fuck is Lele supposed to be?
>>
>>30741739
The tapu's shells are powered up by absorbing nature energy. As per Xerneas, life energy/nature falls under Fairy. This is also emphasized in the Eevee User quest where all the Eeveelution users now represent the opposite of one of their type's themes (Sylveon User is dead, Leafeon User isn't naturally beautiful, etc.).
>>
>>30741862
A butterfly.
>>
>>30741862
snail
>>
>>30741862
A cumslut
>>
>>30741862
a lele
>>
>>30741862
butterfly
>>
>>30741122
>Reddit legendary

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT
>>
>>30741096
They're actually what legendaries should be. They have personality, they have presence without being overbearing, they have concrete lore, they aren't some plug in for the villain's doomsday machine, and they feel somewhat relatable. Bulu being a lazy shit who gets mad if anybody builds on his territory makes it feel more real, or Fini getting pissed at humans and making all of Poni uninhabitable is understandable. They look odd and mythical without going complete overboard, you can easily understand they're strong without having it shoved down your throat.

Honestly they've really made it obvious just how lazily made legendaries have been made in the past, from shit like the Regis just being some random fuckwad golems being protected by overly cryptic shit for whatever reason, or the Three Musketeers and the genies being as pointless as they come, and more.
>>
>>30741096
Hate them. They're ugly cunts. Still better than the genies, but not by much.
>>
>>30741096
Well, they're considered "Land Spirits" so I won't judge them the same as legendaries.

Because imo, the good legendaries are like the birds and the dogs. So rare that barely anyone ever seen them, so people start making up legends about them.

Anyway, as "Land Spirits", they're ok. It feels weird to catch them, though.
>>
>>30741739
>things like granbull and azumarill have no business being fairy
Granbull was literally stated as a fairy since introduction. How can dense can you get?
>>
>>30741096
Best non-cover legendaries since gen 3
>>
>>30744113
Legendaries haven't worked like that since gen 2, unfortunately.
>>
>>30741096

I think they look cool other than the sombrero/maraca one. That's not even Hawaii
>>
>>30741613
At least they're not as ugly as the genies.
>>
Welcome additions to the game.
Good and useful in all formats, and they make terrain as a mechanic relevant.

I like that they bring something to the game without just being walls of massive stats like other legendaries.
>>
>>30741122
They are not legendaries.
>>
File: IMG_2962.jpg (2MB, 3181x1912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2962.jpg
2MB, 3181x1912px
>>30741096
I caught a Tapu Lele with a mediocre nature so I hate them.
>>
>>30741096
those tapus are very nice for doubles batlles.
Tapu fini is my favorite
>>
>>30741096
the pink one is the best one.
>>
>>30741096
They all should be bullied!

...Wait no, not the grass one.
>>
>>30741096
Terrains were a mistake
>>
Schock Kock is saving my ass in Battle Tree.
I want to do disgusting things to Lele.
Bulu and Fini exist.
>>
i want to fuck the pink one
>>
>>30741096
They're ugly. Too overly designed
>>
File: 1481483822485.png (133KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1481483822485.png
133KB, 700x700px
I literally love lele. Everyone please stop saying vulgar things about her.
>>
I like Bulu and Lele. Koko and Fini are just alright.

I'm still disappointed they don't all combine into a giant tiki robot or anything of the like.
>>
SO
HARD
TO
CATCH

except Tapu Koko, I used my gastrodon to do the job.
>>
>>30741868
What are the others?

Is Ice warm because the Glaceon user was at a hearth or something?
>>
>>30746536
I caught Koko with just the Mudsdale on my regular team, and the others with Kartana and either Cotonee or Emolga depending on whether they could get hit by Stun Spore. All in regular Poke Balls because that's my brand of balltism, everything in regular Poke Balls. Was pretty easy though Fini struggled to death once.
>>
File: file.png (600KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
600KB, 1000x1000px
>>30746492
i want to FUCK the pink one
>>
>>30746567
That seems about right for the Glaceon user. She wasn't overly kind, though.
Anyway, I'm not that anon, but I remember the Flareon user just wanting to relax and have massages (so no fiery temper/attitude), and the Umbreon user was saying how he didn't really come back to life or anything like that, he just was in hospital for a while (so no dark rituals or anything).
I remember the Vaporeon user wanted to be a teacher but ended up just being a cleaner at the trainers school, and the Eevee guy could have been anything/could have looked to what he could become, but just had a really regular character/thought about the past, I guess.
I've got no idea about the Espeon or Jolteon users' changes though. Espeon user worked at the power plant and Jolteon at a community centre.
>>
>>30746669
>>30746492
I too want to fuck that fleshlight
>>
>>30746669
why the fuck is this thing so cute. It's just a black thing in a pink coconut. Though it has really grown on me, I always high five it in refresh.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.