[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DISCUSS: Pokémon should've ended already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: Crystal_JP_boxart.png (484KB, 398x496px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal_JP_boxart.png
484KB, 398x496px
Ishihara said that he thought it would end with Gold and Silver: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/ds/pokemon/0/1

Personally, it should've ended with Crystal. At least we would now remember it as innovative for its time since it had support for the Mobile Adapter GB.
>>
Personally, shut the fuck up. I hope they make many more games.
>>
>>30734987
No longer personal, because I support and back up your opinion!
>>
>>30734987
So you prefer quantity over quality? This doesn't mean that they were 10/10 back then but Game Freak has gotten worse, not better.
>>
There's no advantage to it ending earlier other than sparing people's wallets, which is also pointless since they would've spent their dosh on something else either way.

>At least we would now remember it as innovative
No, it'd be remembered as a fad and that'd be it.
>>
>>30734987
>wanting more rushed games
you're the reason why the series is shit

>>30735230
>ending Pokémon during Pokémania
>just a fad guise!
>>
>>30734987
But why? It's not even fun anymore.
>>
File: for you.jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
for you.jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
>>30735400
>>
>>30735400
Not only is it an opinion, but you are not forced to play the games and it doesn't affect you in any way that they exist. Other than "muh good old days when pokemon was good!" that is.
>>
>>30735230
this, OP should go fuck himself if he thinks gens 3-5 should never have existed
>>
File: Screenshot_29.png (2MB, 1158x893px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_29.png
2MB, 1158x893px
Everyone who isn't a newfag knows this and has discussed it to death
>>
>>30735488
>who isn't a newfag
What are the chances of that being true on /vp/?
>>
Op is taking it out of context isn't he
>>
>>30735030
But the games are better now.
>>
>>30735504
Sad but true
>>
Pokemon should have ended at the time when you, the player, were most emotionally invested in the franchise.
>>
>>30735546
Only because online multiplayer is actually feasible now. Everything else tends to suck.
>>
And final fantasy was gonna end at 1
>>
>>30735577
The older games are so broken and and buggy and hard to get through that no one would care about them or play them
>>
>>30734956
>At least we would now remember it as innovative for its time since it had support for the Mobile Adapter GB.
Are you a nip?
>>
>>30735661
Red and Green, yes. Gold and Silver are well programmed.

Even then, you only notice the bugs if you're actively looking for them.
>>
>>30735569
So, Gold and Silver? I agree.
>>
>>30735577
>Everything else tends to suck
How fucking stupid are you? Everything after Gen 2 is objectively better and if you deny that you're a literal autist.
>>
Nintendo Said no
>>
>>30735777
>How fucking stupid are you? Everything after Gen 2 is objectively worse and if you deny that you're a literal autist.
Two can play at this game.
>>
>>30735896
not that anon but it's literally just technologically better
>>
>>30736051
Yes, I'm sure all the lag in XY, ORAS, and SM, even in 2D mode and on the N3DS, is "technologically better".
>>
>>30736078
better than two colors in every character
>>
File: IMG_1502.jpg (13KB, 350x291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1502.jpg
13KB, 350x291px
>>30734956

No one forced to keep playing after Crystal, you nostalgia autist. Stop pretending you know what's best for this series because you don't.
>>
>>30734987
/thread

OP exposed as the faggot we all know he was.
>>
>>30736134
To be fair, OP quoted the CEO of The Pokémon Company.
>>
>>30736078
Yes.
Yes it is.
>>
>>30736185
Learn to read, the CEO said "I thought it would end at Gold and Silver", not that it SHOULD end. Is English your second language?
>>
END MARIO THEN

END PIZZA TOO PLS

A WAN ONLY PERERONNY TWONAIGHT
>>
>>30736185
That guy is not saying what the op is thinking he is saying

Do you really think the fucking CEO of tpc said he thinks the series shouldn't exist anymore?
>>
PLS NINTENDO END
MARIO
OOOOOOHHhHh. Mmmmm GGGGGGGG

Circle jerkcs ho in on!

AMUSEMENT!
>>
>>30736218
Why would he say that if he didn't firmly believe that this SHOULD have happened back then?
>>
I kinda agree.
You either die a hero or live long enough to become an overexploited franchise that takes 100 steps backwards for every step foward.

Personally I think GSC did everything right and from there, every game had noticeable flaws and good points that for some reason don't return for the game that follows.

I can't deny SM was awesome and did a lot of things right tho, it's not like I'm saying the series is utter shit right now... it's just it can't return to its former glory.
>>
>>30736352
Because literally nobody who worked on it expected Pokémon to make them any fucking money. They didn't even remotely entertain the idea of it being a worldwide success on the flagging Game Boy. And when it WAS a success, they didn't think it would last. He was humbled and blown away by the franchise's success, probably still is, imagine being inside that hurricane.
>>
> implying they wouldve ended a series that was racking up so much money
>>
>>30734987
Fpbp
>>
>>30735719
In GS yeah in RB the bugs are in the normal game play
Like Psychic being immune to ghost
>>
>>30737874
>Psychic being immune to ghost
That's not a bug. Game Freak simply revised the type matchups when they added Dark and Steel.
>>
>>30734956

Biggest mistake gf made was creating so many new pokemon. Too many filler shitmons. Why 150 new mon each game? 75-50 (depending on the game) would have been fine.
>>
>>30738054
>Why 150 new mon each game?
Gen II added 100, Gen III 135, Gen IV 107, Gen V 156, Gen VI 72, Gen VII 81.
>>
iwata was such a boss
>>
>>30737940
>Ash catches a ghost type in the anime because it's strong against Sabrina
>>
>>30739846
The anime spoiled Ho-Oh right on the first episode.
>>
File: wtffff.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
wtffff.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>30734956
>things should end because i feel it should end
>>
>>30734956
It did end, we are playing alternative time lines
>>
>>30740252
Some men just want to see the world burn.
>>
File: I love you.jpg (57KB, 960x718px) Image search: [Google]
I love you.jpg
57KB, 960x718px
>>30740320
true
>>
It would have been nice to end it there. Not that it's bad but you'll always know that post-GSC is not part of the original vision, not what its creator had in mind.

Of course the 8-bit limitations made the games feel totally different but also how cohesive they were in comparison to the bloat that's present today. Like since Gen 4, they've had to awkwardly shoehorn legendaries into the games like they were obligations rather than part of the world. It's also when the GTS went global and made completing your Pokedex way easier and more impersonal. The popularity of the competitive field skyrocketed at the time, which in my opinion should always have been separated as its own thing due to how much it clashes with the immersion of the single player, like Pokken or something. The natures system could be seen as a novel concept to add more personality and variation to the monsters you catch but there's no point if everyone is obsessively powergaming and has OCD about it so it ends up being a huge waste of time.

Sometimes a good thing is just a good thing and should be left alone.
>>
>this many replies to a shitty bait thread

nothing to see here people, move along
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.