[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could only buff every shitmon, or nerf every top tier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-166Ledian.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-166Ledian.png
44KB, 250x250px
If you could only buff every shitmon, or nerf every top tier threat to alleviate the power creep in pokemon, what would you do?
>>
>>30729778
Buff luxray, that mon looks too cool to be PU, give it a good signature electric physical move, or give it dark dual typing, or even just give it 105 base speed
>>
>>30729778
Buff shitmon
>>
>>30729778

Nerf every top tier threat. Smaller numbers are always more practical.
>>
Give them single use super powered moves.
>>
File: 1481217648699.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481217648699.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>30729937
Give Galvanize more distribution or make Zing Zap not a unique move to Togedemaru. Increase Wild Charge's BP to 110-120 to make it more attractive as a harder hitting alternative in tradeoff for recoil akin to Double Edge instead of basically being a shitty physical version of Thunderbolt that kills your mon.
>>
Buff every shitmon. Let's crash this game.
>>
Nerf top tier threats. Buffs inevitably lead to power creep.
>>
Power creep is the long term problem, so nerf the top would probably do the most good
>>
>>30729778
Shitmon in pokemon are exceptionally shit. Most would need huge stat boosts or overpowered abilities. Most don't have anything remotely usable, and simply having one on your team means your one mon down.
>>
sorry for not posting this sooner
http://www.strawpoll.me/11861160
>>
buff every shitmon

if everyone's op....nobody is
>>
>>30729778
neither because shit will never happen ledian-cuck
>>
>>30730434
>shit will never happen
>Mega-mom, mance, waifu and sableye were nerfed
>prankster and gale wings were nerfed (and they tried with unaware but didnt do anything...)
>many shitmons from older gens got great abilities, stat boosts and some even movepool overhauls
Wew, such denial. I only put ledian there cause its the only pokemon who will never be good and the only shiny I've had the misfortune of coming across
>>
>>30729778
Just nerf top.
>>
>>30730594
How much would it be necessary to nerf top in order to make, say, delibird, relevant (assuming no buffs applied to delibird)?
>>
>>30730672
make it so only delibird has access to any flying type moves.

Bam, its extremely viable now
>>
>>30729778
I'd RATHER nerf top-rier, but then top-tier fags would get butthurt.
>>
Ledian will NEVER be good

t. someone who absolutely loves Ledian
>>
Swoobat gets Cosmic Power
Lopunny (unsure if non-mega counts as shitmon or not) gets elemental fangs through breeding
Flareon gets Earthquake/Bulldoze, Shadow Claw, and Sucker Punch
Delcatty gets Simple to abuse Charge Beam and Cosmic Power, +10 to SpA
Maractus gets +10 to HP, Weather Ball, Sludge Bomb, a few Ground moves like Mud Shot and Bulldoze
Talonflame gets Air Slash, Hyper Voice, +10 SpA, -5 Att
Event Mew with Crabhammer
Lurantis gets +10 Spe, Chlorophyll
Flame charge is now 60 Base Power
Joltik has its stats multiplied so that it has 600 BST, has better moveset
Dunsparce gets +15 to defenses, elemental fangs as egg moves, Leech Life from TM
Raichu gets Tri-Attack somehow, and Blizzard for some reason
Rotom-Air gets Magnet Rise, can only hold Air Balloon
Rotom Fridge gets Freeze-Dry

How did I do?
>>
Ban UBs and Tapus
>>
>>30730999
Kek has spoken
>>
>>30730990
But Lop already gets the punches, what are the fangs for
>>
>>30731065
Flinch
Also because have you ever been bitten by a rabbit
Those things are fucking savages
>>
File: 1478908817239.png (1MB, 1209x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1478908817239.png
1MB, 1209x1060px
I would prefer them balance EVERYTHING and lower top mons, buff low mons, and rework aspects so that nothing is god tier compared to eachother. Legendaries and standouts are fine, it should and will always happen. But even other games like Mobas with meta dont have 80% of the cast just relegated to practically unusable. I love getting new mons and new ideas. But with how they shoved alola forms and z moves down our throats directly after changing the core aspects of the games direction with Megas its obvious they want to be gimmicky and not have a balanced game. They need to take a generation and just fix shit, with internet updates and such it has become easier and easier to accomplish this.
But most of all I want the developers to know what they want. Pokemon has become a back and forth shit show where they just throw stuff in because its different. Even Gen 3, 4 and 5 attempted to add flavor while balancing mechanics and adding new uses (weather and special/ physical splits etc)
Sorry for blog post but at this point pokemons problems are deeply seeded
>>
>>30729778
Buff shitmons. Team Fortress-style is the only true way to balance. When everything is OP, nothing is.
>>
>>30730990
>Joltik has its stats multiplied so that it has 600 BST, has better moveset
Did you drink the kool-aid at this point?
>>
>>30732765
No, I'm just saying it WOULD be a significant buff
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.