[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's your least favorite professor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (219KB, 390x785px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
219KB, 390x785px
For me it would be pic related, he just didn't do much to be memorable enough to the point where you feel like oak is the regional professor of his own region instead of him.
>>
None of them did much. They filled their role unlike these days where they force them out of their role to try and make them special
>>
For me it's 100% Gen1 Oak.
You saw him at the start, and then you didnt see him until the end of the game where he throws his grandson under the bus.
>>
>>30728190
Don't say bad things about Gen 1 Oak, anon. He's always watching, always ready to criticize when you use an item at the wrong time.
>>
I think you're right about Elm but I think Birch would be just as forgettable if it wasn't for the being chased by a Zigzagoon/Poochyena gag

I seriously can't remember any time Professor Birch showed up outside the starting town after that.
>>
>>30728145
you posted the loser
>>
>>30728168
What the fuck are you talking about? What's their "role?"

They're characters in a story doing whatever they want. Professors don't need to give you a Pokémon, be the one to directly tell you your Dex progress, etc.

I, for one, am loving the departure from old or geeky white guy cookie cutter builds to a character who was pretty unique. Birch, Sycamore, and especially Kukui were all solid. The rest are pretty underwhelming. Oak gets a nostalgia pass though.

However, if a gen 4 remake comes out, I'm fully expecting GF to flesh out Rowan, and I'm stoked for that. He had a really stern, business-oriented demeanor that fit his sprites and formulaic Pokémon studies very well.
>>
>>30728219
The only thing I remember about birch was him getting chased by Wild pokmeon
It's a shame they didn't expand on his character or personality like what they did with Archie/Maxie
>>
>>30728265
>Birch
?????
The fuck did he do?
>>
>>30728145
>literally the only professor ever with no region introduction
What did he ever do to deserve this
>>
Can we all agree that Rowan is the best professor?
>>
>>30728293
Some people like that when professors don't interfere, and he's my favorite example of that. He was this really friendly, laid-back dude who was kinda just comic relief and that was a new spin on a professor's design and story role.
>>
>>30728317
He's from johto
>>
i only remember gen 5 cause she reminded me of Ms. Frizzle
>>
>>30728324
He's pretty much the only one that takes his job serious so yeah he's the best
>>
>>30728219
>>30728275
>>30728327
Birch is kind of important as he is your dad's bro and your waifu's father/your future father-in-law though.

>>30728145
Why all the Elm hate? I first played pokemon around gen1-2 transition and I remember liking him more than Oak. He gave you starter, Togepi(well that was kind of useless but whatever),master ball and a ship ticket to Kanto while Oak just shit on your pokedex progress and rush in to "congratulate" me when I became a champion, like he want to take a credit or something.
>>
>>30728427
>rush in to "congratulate" me when I became a champion, like he want to take a credit or something.
He rushed in cause he forgot about you and only heard it on the news
>>
>>30728427
>>30728442
He didn't come for you, he came because he had heard Dicks had beaten the Elite 4.

" <player>, you have come of age! <rival>… I'm disappointed in you. I came when I heard you'd beaten the Elite Four. But, when I got here, you had already lost!"
>>
>>30728612
I mean in GSC.
His only interaction with you is giving you pokedex but when I beat Lance he came with the DJ bitch and start praising me in a patronizing manner.
Considering he now starred in a radio-show, he probably try to publicize himself as a celebrity of some sort.
>>
>>30728612
>"I'm disappointed in you... when I got here, you had already lost!"

What an assholish thing to say to your 11 year old grandson who just achieved mastery at one of the most important aspects of life, conquering adults even, just because his frenemy happened to best him afterwards. This is some tiger grandpa Asian hardline parenting shit right there.
>>
Sycamore or Oak, I just didn't get the Sycamore appeal and Oak was a jerk.
>>
>>30728742
I think you're missing a bit of the context on what he says afterwards.

"<rival>, do you understand why you lost? You have forgotten to treat your Pokémon with love and trust. Without them, you will never become a Champ again! <player>. You understand that your victory was not just your own doing. The bond you share with your Pokémon is marvelous. <player>! Come with me!""
>>
>>30728791
Sycamore's appeal was definitely his design since it attracted a large amount of fangirls
They usually brush the other professors off because they're not hot enough
>>
>>30728742
>>30728804
Still weird how he connected his disappointment not just Gary's undepicted pokemon abusing but also his defeat. I wonder if he would still said the same if Gary actually won.
>>
>>30728829
Explains Kukui.
>>
>>30728865
He doesn't really fall under the bishounen-isc type of character like Sycamore and Steven Stone but I honestly find it a good thing, I don't really want to see every character having the same pretty face
>>
Worst Professor is Juniper's Father
>finally make a game with a female head professor
>lets undermine her authority by putting her Dad in
>>
>>30728145
Elm was a cutie. I like him based on the TCG art.
>>
>>30728324
I like Kukui's hands on approach to things but yeah Rowan's still the best
>>
>>30729111
Both junipers are top tier, you numale faggit
>>
God tier:
Kukui
Top tier:
Rowan, Juniper
High tier:
Sycamore
Mid tier:
Birch, Oak
Literally who tier:
Elm
>>
File: Black_White_Cedric_Juniper.png (229KB, 286x714px) Image search: [Google]
Black_White_Cedric_Juniper.png
229KB, 286x714px
>>30729111
I forgot how this guy until I googled him
his beard is literally a scrambled egg
>>
>>30728834

Gary could have never won. That's his point. Oak never expected him to.
>>
what the fuck are rowan and kukui trees anyway

im guessing kukui iw is some Hawaiian tree, but I've still never heard of rowan
>>
File: 290313-.jpg (121KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
290313-.jpg
121KB, 640x480px
>>30729280
Kukui's tree are actually the state tree of Hawaii
I thought they'd go with palm for hawaii but i'm actually surprised that they studied through this
I also just noticed that he has his hair in a bun to much the nuts that grows in said tree
>>
>>30729280
A cursory google search would help you be less retarded
>>
>God Tier:
Kukui, Rowan, Fennel

>Good Tier:
Juniper, Juniper's dad, Kukui's wife

>Alright Tier:
Oak, Birch

>Shit Tier
Elm, Sycamore
>>
Did Juniper do much? All I remember was her hiring Belle as her assistant in the sequel.
>>
>>30729344
>Shit
>Sycamore
I really hope you're baiting
>>
>>30728293
He's my bara daddy~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>30729336
I was low-key trying to derail the thread into discussion about trees honestly
>>
>>30729344
>Fennel
I had to google that
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.