[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: 135325151.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
135325151.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
What went wrong?
>>
>>30726287
your mom
>>
>>30726287
Battle Tree
>>
File: 15232534721835181223113.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
15232534721835181223113.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>30726287
>OMG SUMO ARE OUT GOTY INCOMING AAAAAAAAAAND they're shit
>>
>>30726287
No place to grind besides E4
Every Pokemon being slow as fuck

Other than that not much
>>
>>30726287
People insisting on calling them SuMo.
>>
This >>30726327 , and the shitty plaza being the only online hub.
At least it's not the C-Gear.
>>
Removing the Lucky Egg from wild Chanseys and Big Nuggets from Garbodor
>>
File: 15425435667.png (26KB, 725x155px) Image search: [Google]
15425435667.png
26KB, 725x155px
>>30726287
>Shit FPS
>Got rid of 3D, triple battles, and inverse battles so the game would run better but they still fucked it up and the game runs like shit regardless
>Too much talking
>Linear as fuck. Alola had the potential for a lot of branching paths but Game Freak wanted the game to be on rails
>Festival Plaza is shit
>Customization is apparently even worse than XY
>Postgame is even worse than XY and ORAS

More and more people already seem to be realizing that these games were yet another mediocre video game that had way too much hype going into it, whereas others seem to be denying the game's faults because they don't want to admit that they got played by Game Freak or were brainwashed by e-celebs like pic related.
>>
File: cozypup.png (302KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
cozypup.png
302KB, 700x900px
Being completely honest despite loving it very much.

No convient bike loop stings...and I'm not a fan of the rodeo box
No auto run for tauros tho stoutland is decently fast
Festival plaza being somewhat of a step backwards in comparison to join avenue in some ways...but great in other ways
Trading in general being forced into festival plaza
Bottom screen is a downgrade compared to PSS
Not much to do postgame after the UB quest
No free macho brace sucks since the power items are stuck behind for EV training BP
No free destiny knot for breeding
No rebattable trainers like in ORAS after some time
Fishing is a pain since everything is almost always magikarp
Certain pokemon can only be encountered via chaining
Chaining not being as generous with hidden abilites like dexnav
Many gen 7 pokemon movepools are barren as heck since GF wants us to buy the next game for tutors
No O powers so no even faster hatching, double exp and money, and no capture power
No super training for reset bags

Those are my grievances for the most part.
>>
>>30726403
This. It seems like every game that came out this year with a ton of hype were either mediocre or outright shit. It looks like the new Shantae might be different though.
>>
File: 1428416492729.jpg (28KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
1428416492729.jpg
28KB, 667x670px
>>30726287
>Only about 70 new Pokemon
>Most of those Pokemon are stupidly rare and outnumbered by old Pokemon
>Alolan Pokemon being only from Kanto and only a few of them
>Only new steel type is another Pikachu clone
>No logical option of having a slider for the skin tone so instead you get the same two pale as fuck options, brown skin, black as fuck
>Not enough hair colours/styles
>Mum looks the same every time
>Nowhere to level other than Poni island shit
>Charjabug only being able to fully evolve on the last fucking island
>Vikavolt is shit anyway
>No explanation of what the fuck happened to Po Town
>No indication on the Pokedex of whether or not a Pokemon is only an SOS battle one
>No item to stop SOS battles (like an anti-Adrenaline Orb)
>Only one of each Apricorn Balls (seriously what the fuck)

I probably have more to complain about but that's just what's off the top of my head.
>>
Removing PSS
Most of the new Pokemon being shit
Battle Tree being a garbage version of PWT

Other than that it's pretty good.
>>
>>30726403
I agree with everything but the Postgame. It's about the same as XY but with better rematches
>>
File: 1480532097738.jpg (127KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1480532097738.jpg
127KB, 768x768px
>>30726287
>5FPS in doubles
>bland level design
>5FPS in doubles
>plaza
>5FPS in doubles
>most new pokemons either have 1% encounter rate or aren't available until the last island/postgame
>5FPs in doubles

I fucking loved everything else though.
>>
Only major issues that come to me off the top of my head are no caves and of course the cutscenes.

Hell of a lot of minor ones, but the games were alright anyway. People need to stop spamming ad hominem at people who didn't like them though since there's plenty of flaws to go around.
>>
>>30726482
you forgot
>can only evolve magnezone on final island
why tho
>>
>>30726287
Way too much hype and it unsurprisingly failed to deliver.
Nintendo's marketing team spoiled 90% of the game before release.
>>
I was pretty satisfied with the game overall, but I do have a few complaints/suggested improvements.
>the level curve of the game is fine until it reaches Poni Island, where it assumes you've been using the exp. share the whole game, fucking the level curve for people who don't use it
>few alolan variants, and many of them were a bit boring or ugly
>not much of a postgame
The biggest disappointment for me was that Ultra Beasts weren't bosses that you fight throughout the story with their own exclusive boss gimmick. I was expecting to at least fight one an island, and that they would have unique and interesting abilities like pheromosa getting either auto-attract or attract that works on both genders, or Buzzwole getting some degree of hp regain on all of his attacks. I still love the UB designs, but the interaction with them in the game is a bit boring.
>>
>>30726482
>>Mum looks the same every time
Hadn't thought about this.
It makes no sense being a black protag with a mom that's white af
>>
>Felt slightly rushed after arriving at Poni Island
>Other UBs didn't get main story spotlight which is so much wasted potential
>99% Kanto Pokémon encounter rate to 1% Alola
>Weird decisions regarding some of the new Pokémon (Oricorio's moveset, Charjabug/Crabrawler evolution timing, low base speed on everything)

Otherwise, can't think of much. Really liked the game overall, especially the characters and the mood of adventure/exploration.
>>
Trying to build a team with just new pokemon is kind of a pain with the poor type distribution.
Also basically everything >>30727238 said
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.