[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alolan variants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: surfchamp.jpg (73KB, 499x664px) Image search: [Google]
surfchamp.jpg
73KB, 499x664px
What other Gen 1 Pokemon should have been given Alolan variants?

1. Machamp (Fighting/Water)
I'm imagining Alolan Machamp as a Longboard Surfer. Give it more of a bronzed coloring, keep the 4 arms, but give it a kind of Pompadour hair that looks like a crashing wave. I think you could probably do the whole evolution line - give Machop some arm floaties, Machoke a bodyboard, and Machamp a longboard. I know that makes it sound a bit closer to the Conkeldurr line, but that also kind of works in it's favor - as you get a blend of Kanto (japan) and Unova (America) regions.

Give it a higher Special Attack and access to some Water type moves. The Fighting/Water combo is actually pretty rare.
Considering that Machamp was a pretty common sight in most towns, I'm honestly surprised that it didn't get a regional variant.

2. Magnemite (Bug/Steel)
This was just going to be a second pun on the word "mite". But the more I thought about it, the more I think I want it; although, it's probably a hard sell to fit another Bug type into Alola after all the others that were added.

Visually, it should be scuttling along the ground rather than being a floating ball bearing. Magneton should chain more orbs behind the first, so that it's more like a caterpillar. and Magnezone idk????

Mechanically, it can probably remain more or less unchanged. Maybe just add in Bug Buzz and Signal Beam.
>>
Just going to say it shouldn't have been restricted to gen 1 (and for a terrible reason at that).

But fightning alakazam and water arcanine would have been cool.

Fire/grass lilligant would've been even better
>>
File: IMG_2568.png (940KB, 500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2568.png
940KB, 500x2100px
>>30725557
Post the whole pic, OP
>>
Not a alolan form but like. Where the fuck was bellossom this gen

Also for gen 1, different Arcanine would be cool, and maybe a calmer psychic fighting Primape (bc alola is calm lol haha slowmons), and of course the water/fairy/flying flamingo dodrio

Too many other gen pokemon to list too
>>
File: 250px-115Kangaskhan.png (68KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-115Kangaskhan.png
68KB, 250x250px
I think a fairy/dark type Kangaskhan would kick some ass. Just give it play rough, and it already gets crunch/SP and Power-up Punch. It could have some real power and would find a niche pretty quickly.

I don't know that its new ability would be though. In a dream it would pull off Huge Power, but that would never feasibly happen. Maybe something like moxie or mold breaker.

Too bad it has a mega, so it'll never happen.
>>
>>30726994
you're seriously not yet happy with mega kangaskhan?
>>
>>30727359
I'm more than happy with the power ass momma, but more kanga can only be a good thing.
>>
>>30727494
nah
>>
Alolan Dusknoir
Ghost/Fighting
A Dusknoir with Maori Tattoos
Give it some Haka dance move.
>>
>>30725557
I actually really like the idea of bronzed surfer Machamp.
>>
Krabby
I don't know what he'd be, I'd try and shoehorn Fire for a beach themed Sunny Day gimmick but I don't really know
>>
>Alolan Parasect (Symbiosect)
>Bug/Fire
>Evolve from Paras in cold areas.

A load of Paras were distributed on a cold mountaintop by mistake. To save its host, the mushroom adapted by kicking Paras's metabolism into overdrive, producing great amounts of body heat. This process uses the mushroom's own mass as fuel, which means it will not be able to assume complete control over its host in the foreseeable future.

It has a new attack where it launches spores that are on fire and inflict Burn.
>>
File: 087Dewgong.png (135KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
087Dewgong.png
135KB, 431x431px
Water/Ghost type Dewgong

It is only seen at night, and scores of them often appear in front of people adrift at sea. Many people find their noisy behaviour unsettling, but these Dewgong gatherings actually help draw the attention of nearby ships. They then disperse once the rescue ship's floodlights come on.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.